Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 12-07-2002, 12:27 AM   #41
Starr Polish
Elf Lord

Location: Slow down and I sail on the river, slow down and I walk to the hill
I'm not getting a job because I want to say "I have a job" (though I did say that a few times today!) or because I want something in particular. I'll be saving some of the money I make, and it'll be nice to be able to pay for my own outings (school functions, hanging out with friends, dates if they ever exist ) instead of bumming money off my mom.
Old 08-02-2004, 01:00 AM   #42
HOBBIT
Saviour of Entmoot Admiral

out of shear boredom, I will now bring back a topic from.... TWO SUMMERS AGO.

well not exactly boredom.

i had remember that I had posted these posts in this topic about my first job (sort of) caddying at a bridge tournament.

I did the same tournament again this year - and what reminded me of two years ago were the other caddies there.

as I posted two years ago (you must care if you opened this topic: ha!): "I met some nice caddies. An overweight kid, a cute girl, an interesting german exchange student, and some small kid. (nice descriptions, no?)."

Well, that cute girl from two years ago was at the tournament today and was well - two years older :P.

That interesting german exchange student was there as well - only this time he was just visiting his former exchange family for the summer - and I exchanged 6 USD for a 5 Euro bill.

Too bad this year I only made $100 - but it is nice, semi-easy, work tax free.

This has been another edition of: A pointless, yet true, post made out of utter boredom and nostalgia.

"I'm up to here with cool, ok? I'm so amazingly cool you could keep a side of meat in me for a month. I am so hip I have difficulty seeing over my pelvis" - Zaphod Beeblebrox

Latest Blog Post: Just Quit Facebook? No One Cares!
HOBBIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2004, 03:29 PM   #43
Narinya_Cocachitawa
Enting

I've just turned sisteen myself and will soon be working for a food service called Airmark (or something like that ), and I live in a small (but definitly growing) university town in the mountins.

Why don't you go for catering too? I know a few people from school who worked there, and you can easily make 2 to 3 hundred a job.

You may have to serve people and make it and even set it out, but working directly with REAL food is relaxing and good for you. It would beat "Welcome to McDonalds, can I take your order?" any day.

Come and visit Rathlas.
It's always being updated!
NEW ON RATHLAS: Links to Stargate Atlantis fanfiction posted.
Narinya_Cocachitawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2004, 04:46 PM   #44
HOBBIT

You DO realize that this topic is 2 years old, right? So if SP was 16 then, it would be safe to say tht she is 18 now.

I wonder if she has a job now? :P

"I'm up to here with cool, ok? I'm so amazingly cool you could keep a side of meat in me for a month. I am so hip I have difficulty seeing over my pelvis" - Zaphod Beeblebrox

Old 08-02-2004, 04:59 PM   #45
Narinya_Cocachitawa
Enting

oh, oops...

Come and visit Rathlas.
It's always being updated!
NEW ON RATHLAS: Links to Stargate Atlantis fanfiction posted.
Narinya_Cocachitawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2004, 06:30 PM   #46
Hanza
Woolly Jumper

Location: In my field of paper flowers and candy clouds of lullaby
lol im 16 and got my first ever job. im working at clinton cards "where only the best is good enough" odg i no the slogan!!!! ahhhhhh!!!!! i also can mouth the adverts tat play in the store! music they play isnt too bad thnakgod.

funny thing about my shop
most expensive thing : a humongous(how the hell do u spel that word!) sheep priced £200. i wants it!! my precioussssssss :P

Why dont sheep shrink in the rain??
Hanza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2004, 10:57 PM   #47
jellyfishannah
Elven Warrior

Detassling is a great option! All my older siblings have done it. Thats...5. Well, 4 since Hector's never been. It's almost a tradition. I would have gone this year but instead...I am BABYSITTING!....for my older sister who is DETASSLING! I am very jealous. Anyway...a rookie can make $1400 in three weeks if they do good, from what I've heard. It's too bad your parents don't want you to do it. Oh well. Hmm...I can't really help you. I do have a "regular" job. It's at the church bookstore and print shop. Which is great! Except...there's hardly any work ever. The most work I have is in november when I have to make calendars for the next year. But...why am I rambling about my job?

"Don't tell lies you can't keep." ~My little sister...
jellyfishannah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2004, 10:49 AM   #48
Starr Polish
Elf Lord

Location: Slow down and I sail on the river, slow down and I walk to the hill
Haha, yes, I am eighteen, and I'm working my second job. I worked at a theater from December 2002 to December 2003, and was a supervisor there for ten months. I currently work at a large chain pet store, and am going to get another job when I leave for college in two weeks.
Old 08-08-2004, 01:46 PM   #49
Master_Samwise
Hobbit

Location: Hobbiton (I'm really a Hobbit, I just look like a human, and live in the U.S.A. sometimes. However, at night, I sneek out and go to Hobbiton and live with my Hobbit friends. It's sorda wierd that I don't need sleep!)
do you know how old you have to be to work at Barnes and Noble or Books a Million? I finally have a way to get there if I want a job, but I'm only 15, so I think that my only options would be Sonic or Chick-ful-a or some other place like that. I would like to avoud fast food if at all possable, or would there be any stores in the mall? I have a way to get there to, or K-Mart or the Doller Tree

PADFOOT LIVES!!! (stolen from Legoles)
Master_Samwise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2004, 08:30 PM   #50
HOBBIT

I doubt they'd hire you at Barnes and Noble if you are only 15.

Most places won't hire you until you are at least 16.

I would think that for a 15 year old, your options would mainly be fast food places.

Bmilder I know picked up an application from B&N at the beginning of the summer when he was in his "i think i want a job, even though I really don't" phase. (he is 18)

They said that they were looking for people with experience in sales- that was not him.

nice to see that you have held many a job SP - too bad about having to work in a pet store though :P I would have kept the theater gig.