Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Lord of the Rings Movies
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 11-08-2002, 09:31 PM   #41
Eowyn of Rohan
Enting

This was what was written at the bottom of that page.

The Rename "The Two Towers" to Something Less Offensive Petition Petition Petition to Peter Jackson and New Line Cinema was created by Those affected by September 11 and written by Kevin Klerck. This petition is hosted here at www.PetitionOnline.com as a public service. There is no express or implied endorsement of this petition by Artifice, Inc. or our sponsors. The petition scripts are created by Mike Wheeler at Artifice, Inc. For Technical Support please use our simple Petition Help form.

Let's all email Kevin. The link on his name led to this email address: slashdotwidener@yahoo.com
Eowyn of Rohan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2002, 09:36 PM   #42
Eowyn of Rohan
Enting

oops.... okay, I'm a little slow, you already covered this.
But, hey! At least I'm not as stupid as Kevin.
Old 11-09-2002, 01:21 PM   #43
Firekitten2006
Elven Warrior

Location: the US of A! But I wish i was in austraila, never been, just think it would be a fun place to live :)
:rolls eyes:

I am an American, and trust me, we are NOT all like that! I swear! lol

Yeah, theres like 3 pages where alll of the ppl who signed are void.

I dont think we have to worry about PJ and New Line Cinemas taking this seriously. I read somewhere that these things are a waste of time because the people they are sent to (in this case PJ and New Line) just ignore them. There is like NO proof any of these ppl really exist and they could just have been kevin putting a different name.
Old 11-09-2002, 01:27 PM   #44
Firekitten2006
Elven Warrior

Location: the US of A! But I wish i was in austraila, never been, just think it would be a fun place to live :)
sorry i just found this, apparently some ppl dont know that JRRT is dead. It was on the petition *sigh* i pitty the stupid.

932. Sean Curtin
Whoever this Tolkein guy is, he's an insensitive ashole if he's making a movie with a title like that. I'll bet he's not even American!! What gives him the right!!!!

but wait theres more!

1084. matt beggs
THOSE INSENSITIVE BASTERDS. THE ATTACKS ON SEPTEMBER 11 HAVE AFFECTED ME VERY DEEPLY. IF THIS ASS HOLE IS ALLOWED TO KEEP THIS TITLE, I WILL KILL MYSELF. JESUS CHRIST, I STILL CANT LOOK AT THE NUMBER 11 WITH OUT CRYING. SEE, I'M CRYING RIGHT NOW. I'M ALSO TO AFRAID TO CALL THE POLICE. THEIR NUMBER (WHICH I WILL NAME XXX FOR NOW) SCARES ME, IF I WAS IN AN EMERGANCY, I WOULD NOT DIAL XXX FOR FEAR OF FARTHER RETALIATION FROM THOSE SCARY TERRORISTS. PLEASE TAKE THESE CORPORATE BASTERDS DOWN FOR EXPLOITING THE STILL OPEN WOUNDS OF PATRIOTIC AMERICANS EVERYWHERE. LONG LIVE THE GREATEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD, WHICH I LIVE, AND WOULD DIE FOR. AMERICA!!!! w00t! ps. please save my internet access

someone should tell him that Bin Laden is not going to jump thru the phone at him *rolls eyes*

1079. Paul Shrug I, too, was galled, shocked and disoriented upon learning of the cynically crass title of Mr. Jackson's new film. I would also like to start a petition to rename Steven Spielberg's "Minority Report" because of its blatant insult to people of color. Also, the upcoming film "About A Boy" is a clear endorsement of pedophilia. I am also deeple troubled at the subtitle of the new "Star Wars" installement, "Attack of the Clones." This scandalous title is a none-too-subtle implication that scientifically duplicated humans or other animals are violent and hostile in nature -- clearly an affront to copied citizens everywhere. We shall make no progress until Hollywood stems its insensitivity to those factions of society it chooses not to understand. As an avid filmgoer, I shall shed many tears until these senseless titles cease.

1074. Agnes A subscription has been entered in your name to the Clue of the Month Club.

That has got to be the funniest! lol

1069. Amanda Swanson I can't believe the insensitivity of some people in this petition. The least New Line can do is postpone the movie for a while so that the country had time to grieve. Have they no shame!?

Its been a year sweety!

1146. cathy clinton i pray every day that mr jackson will see the light and pull the plug on this project. Mr Tolkien if that is his indead his real name does not seem to be a very christian person to be so cynically cashing in on this tragedy.

I honestly dont think these ppl know much about JRRT. He was VERY religous wasnt he? I think he was Catholic.

1128. Omid TOLKIEN WAS A PROFIT, HE PREDICTED WTC BOMBING 47 YEARS BEFORE THE FACT, AND THE THIRD MOVIE IS RETURN OF THE KING. JESUS IS COMING BACK YOU HAD BETTER RECOGNIZE

1198. Falseen T. Ryvoided I made my wife have a breast reduction because her breasts always reminded me of the Two Towers.

1183. Lionel Hutz I myself am a big Elvis fan, and if they name the third film after the book title "Return of the King" i will start my own petition....

http://www.petitiononline.com/mod_pe...?twotower&2401

This page has allllll of the funny ones! lol

1149. Vi Scid I agree, the director Mr. Tolkien should immediately change the name for the respect of the people lost in the empire state building crash, the families of mr Trump will be hurt when they see this movie,, making it would be wrong!

There are just toooooo many! rofl!

Last edited by Firekitten2006 : 11-09-2002 at 01:39 PM.
Firekitten2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2002, 03:59 PM   #45
Starr Polish
Elf Lord

Location: Slow down and I sail on the river, slow down and I walk to the hill
Firekitten, have you ever heard of sarcasm?
Old 11-09-2002, 05:09 PM   #46
Christiana
Elf Lord

Location: Searching desperately for a swan boat to take to Valinor
OMG!LOL!that last guy called it the empire state building crash!

Having someone to blame is nearly as good as having a solution to the problem

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them, and you habe their shoes. ~Frieda Norris
Christiana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2002, 09:38 PM   #47
Lollypopgurl
Elven Warrior

I saw that before and I was kinda mad.

The Lord of the Rings trilogy was writtten WAAAAY before 9/11. I'd understand if if it wasn't, but IT IS. People should get a clue........
Old 11-09-2002, 11:31 PM   #48
Entlover
Elven Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Starr Polish
Firekitten, have you ever heard of sarcasm?
The point is, that most of those quotes are not to be taken seriously. I love the one from Paul Shrugs!
People have been a little overwrought since 9/11, one can't blame them too much.
Entlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2002, 03:50 AM   #49
Eowyn of Rohan
Enting

Uuuummmmmm.... no, it's no excuse.

Look, I lived in Jersey City (right across the Hudson from the Towers) at the time of the attacks. I worked in a hospital in Newark where victims (not nearly enough) were ambulanced over for treatment. I watched the towers burning. I watched smoke pour out of the ground for three months straight!

And I was lucky. Everyone I knew made it out.

I don't care HOW horribly effected you were by what happened 9/11. These people's ignorance of the origination of TTT title is no excuse. If you are going to stick you neck out especially when using 9/11 as your case, you better be sure you know what the hell you are talking about.

They get no pity from me.
Old 11-10-2002, 06:19 PM   #50
Firekitten2006
Elven Warrior

Yes I know about sarcasm! lol

Its just some of those the people genuinely seemed to think that JRRT was still alive and an evil mastermind!
Old 11-11-2002, 01:27 AM   #51
crickhollow
The Buckleberry Fairy/Captain

oh yeah, I was definately getting the sarcasm vibes. However, I highly doubt that all of the over-3500 names were people being sarcastic. Of course, I could be wrong...
crickhollow is offline   Reply With Quote