Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 05-08-2002, 12:12 PM   #41
Elfmaster XK
Possessive Villain Fancier

Quote:
Originally posted by Grey_Wolf

Maybe with some help from other aspiring Fantasy-authors on 'Moot, perhaps we could collectively write the story. I've seen it done on other posts.
Oh oh oh! YAY! good plan *goes away to think up ideas for plot*

Are we talking a serious story? Or a humourous silly one? Both are good and fun!

Also are we talking a fan fic or a new story?

My soul is painted like the wings of butterflies,
Fairytales of yesterday will grow but never die,
I can fly - my friends.

XK
Elfmaster XK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2002, 10:43 AM   #42
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

Location: Mirkwood, well actually I live in North-west Scania, Sweden
Quote:
Originally posted by Elfmaster XK

Oh oh oh! YAY! good plan *goes away to think up ideas for plot*

Are we talking a serious story? Or a humourous silly one? Both are good and fun!

Also are we talking a fan fic or a new story?
Well, usually fantasy stories are "serious" ones. Since you already know the basic parts of the story maybe a fan fic (though I'm not quite sure what it means) will do.
Grey_Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2002, 03:53 PM   #43
Giroth
The Dragonqueen

I'm writing fantasy books, and Giroth is a dragon in my book
Giroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2002, 11:48 AM   #44
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

Prologue to The Sword, The Bow & The Axe

The Terrible wars of the 35th Century had left Earth in horrific state. The nuclear, biological and chemical weapons used in the conflicts had changed Mankind into a degenerate species hardly able to take care of itself.

Now, in 6579, a horrid foe was unleashed upon the hapless remnant of Mankind which now called itself the Makhd. The enemy was reptilian and coldhearted, having no and showing no mercy towards it's prey. Thousands of men, women and children were massacred before the shamans finally forged the Golden Sword, The Silver Bow and The Bronze Axe, which were magical weapons and in the hands of the right wielder would help defeat the Cromando.

These weapons did defeat the Cromando the first time and as time passed the Guardians of the Temple, where the weapons were kept, lessened in vigilance and the weapons disappeared mysteriously.

Centuries passed and unfortunately, the Makhd were not prepared for a second unleashing and yet more horrific massacres. The Shamans gathered and a group of specially chosen tribemembers were sent out on a quest to find the heirlooms.

And so on...

Last edited by Grey_Wolf : 05-11-2002 at 12:30 PM.
Old 05-13-2002, 08:35 AM   #45
Finrod Felagund
King of Nargothrond

So where are we doing this story? Right here?
Old 05-13-2002, 08:36 AM   #46
Elfmaster XK
Possessive Villain Fancier

Quote:
Originally posted by Grey_Wolf

Well, usually fantasy stories are "serious" ones. Since you already know the basic parts of the story maybe a fan fic (though I'm not quite sure what it means) will do.
Not necessarily, think Terry Prattchet. His are both fantasy and funny. But, eh... 'serious' is fine. I'd like to but depends on other ppl.

My soul is painted like the wings of butterflies,
Fairytales of yesterday will grow but never die,
I can fly - my friends.

XK
Elfmaster XK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2002, 11:03 AM   #47
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally posted by Finrod Felagund
So where are we doing this story? Right here?
Right here will do fine. If it's OK with you.
Old 05-13-2002, 11:02 PM   #48
HOBBIT
Saviour of Entmoot Admiral

its not ok with me. Why dont you go start an RPG thread in the RPG forum if you so choose. Or join in one the many various different ones...there is also a three worder floating around somewhere.

"I'm up to here with cool, ok? I'm so amazingly cool you could keep a side of meat in me for a month. I am so hip I have difficulty seeing over my pelvis" - Zaphod Beeblebrox

Latest Blog Post: Just Quit Facebook? No One Cares!
HOBBIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2002, 01:07 AM   #49
Tanoliel
Eccentric Chocolate Crow

only thing is, hobbit, this isn't an RPG, it's a story written collectively by mooters. Joining an RPG isn't going to help the cause, so to speak. And what better place to write a story than in a thread calling for authors?
-tano

Food Of The Gods:
3,7-dihydro-3,7-dimethyl-1H-purine-2,6-dione

Feed Me....

Another Online Dwelling Place...

"All right, I confess. It is my intention to comandeer a ship, pick up a crew in Tortuga, to rape, pillage, plunder and otherwise pilfer my weasely black guts out." -Captain Jack Sparrow

"The trouble with unknown enemies is that they are so difficult to identify." -Amelia Peabody Emerson

"Most people obey the orders of someone who is pointing a gun at their head." -A.P. Emerson

Tanoliel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2002, 12:09 PM   #50
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

The Sword

This being the first book of the "Quest of the Heirlooms" trilogi.

Chapter One................Peace

Chapter Two................Fear

Chapter Three.............Invaders

Chapter Four...............Council

Chapter Five................The Calling

Chapter Six..................The Quest

Chapter Seven.............The Mountain

.....These Chapter headings may not be any good, but was the best I could do for now. Hope they will help you begin the story.

If you have other ideas concerning the above CH go ahead comment.

Last edited by Grey_Wolf : 05-14-2002 at 01:27 PM.
Old 05-15-2002, 09:17 AM   #51
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

Why is the post in which we were supposed to write the story closed???

Wasn't it a good a idea to begin a completely new post for the story itself?

Last edited by Grey_Wolf : 05-15-2002 at 09:19 AM.
Old 05-15-2002, 12:18 PM   #52
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

I think you should have put it in the RPG-forum. General messages isn't intended for stories.
Old 05-15-2002, 08:46 PM   #53
HOBBIT
Saviour of Entmoot Admiral

exactly. and thats what i said too, but of course no one listened

"I'm up to here with cool, ok? I'm so amazingly cool you could keep a side of meat in me for a month. I am so hip I have difficulty seeing over my pelvis" - Zaphod Beeblebrox

Latest Blog Post: Just Quit Facebook? No One Cares!
HOBBIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2002, 09:37 AM   #54
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

OK.

I have now copied The Prologue to The Sword, The Bow and The Axe and Chapter-heading list of the The Sword to a post labelled The Sword, The Bow and The Axe in the RPG forum.

Last edited by Grey_Wolf : 05-16-2002 at 09:53 AM.
Old 08-01-2002, 10:30 AM   #55
Elbereth
Elven Warrior

my goal is to be an author, and i write whenever i can. i am sort of shy about sharing my work because other people don't undertand my weird writing process.

'Fate goes ever as fate must.' Beowulf (Seamus Haney's translation)

FRODO LIVES!!!

Last edited by Elbereth : 08-01-2002 at 10:37 AM.
Elbereth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2002, 10:34 AM   #56
Elbereth
Elven Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by samwise of the shire
I'm fourteen and I've been mulling a fantasy plot around in my head since I was ten. And I'm only on Chapter One. NOTHING is happening and I cant figure out how to get my characters to talk so I think that the characters wont be too talkative. I can only write stuff like feelings and natural stuff. I cant write dilaogue though so I sound like a little kid.
Sam
Sam, you are my kindred spirit. I am thirteen and have been doing the same thing since i was three. i'm on chapter ten of my story, don't worry, if you wait, inspiration will come. i know that sounds cheesy, but if you lay it down for awhile, it does work, honestly! my latest and favorite story plot is 1 yr. old, now.

'Fate goes ever as fate must.' Beowulf (Seamus Haney's translation)

FRODO LIVES!!!
Elbereth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2002, 02:50 AM   #57
samwiselvr2008
Elf Lord

i am not really a fantasy writer, but i love to wright and some ppl think that what i do wright is good, i am about to start a new book, but it just seems so pointless b/c i will be the onley one that ever reads it by chouse (i may forse my friends to read it)

Movie vewing count from the theater:
Return of the King:9
Two Towers: 11
Fellowship: 13

FRODO LIVES!
samwiselvr2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2002, 01:06 PM   #58
Tanoliel
Eccentric Chocolate Crow

Well, if you love to write, then do it. And if you want people to read your stories/poems/etc, then you have to try and get them published...I'm not the person to go to for that (believe me, I'm still working on it myself), but there are probably online communities of writers wherin you can stick your work up on the 'net and have other people read and give feedback, if you want.
Sam, I know how that is...I have tons of ideas for stories that never seem to work. I can throw out a few ideas, if you like (feel free to use or disregard, as you wish): When I find myself stuck in the middle of the plot, and I know I want to write but seem to be at a brick wall, I jump over the wall, so to speak, and write a few scenes further down the line. This also helps me to anchor my plot ideas in the furture, so I have somewhere to write TO. Now, some of the time, I'll end up writing to somewhere else and not using the future scenes, but even if that happens, they usually helped to get my creative juices flowing. Some people I know can't stand this method: they have to write in chronological order no matter what. I don't know what works for you.
As for dialogue (I know you won't like to hear this, but...) what really works is practice. And More Practice. Just write dialogue, even if you think it sounds bad. Do writing excersises where you write a whole scene just in dialogue. And when you're out in a public place, like riding the bus, tune into other's conversations and listen to how they talk. It's isn't eavesdropping, not if you're listening for the noble art of writing.

Yikes. I rambled. Well, I hope some of it is helpful....
-tano

Food Of The Gods:
3,7-dihydro-3,7-dimethyl-1H-purine-2,6-dione

Feed Me....

Another Online Dwelling Place...

"All right, I confess. It is my intention to comandeer a ship, pick up a crew in Tortuga, to rape, pillage, plunder and otherwise pilfer my weasely black guts out." -Captain Jack Sparrow

"The trouble with unknown enemies is that they are so difficult to identify." -Amelia Peabody Emerson

"Most people obey the orders of someone who is pointing a gun at their head." -A.P. Emerson

Tanoliel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2002, 12:02 AM   #59
Galendhol Asada
Hobbit

Location: Either in Northern Mirkwood, Rivendell, Lothlorien, or in Battle somewhere else and maybe even a an Entmoot party
I'm a writer and a poet. I have made over 10 medievil type poems that are all at least 2 pages long. I have also made a 65 pg <no indents, no paragraphs> medievil fantasy story that is very good and interesting if I do say so myself. I am fully inspired by Tolkien. It's the only thing I ever read, Tolkien books. I am also inspired by Dark Age of Camelot. I'm a medievil historian in a way, I study Celts, Medievil England, Norsemen, weaponry, languages,...almost everything that would inspire a person. If I'm not reading Tolkien, writing poetry or working on my book I'm on the internet on a medievil studies site or in some kind of medievil lore book studying to make my book great and medievil knowlege grow. In my spare time I also study the languages of middle earth so I can let the elves in my story speak elven and my halflings speak hobbitish and my Norsemen speak Norse. I'm sure it's going to get published when it's finished so be on the look out for it in stores about 10 years from now . Some kind of dedication huh. mwuhuhahahaha
Old 08-05-2002, 11:03 PM   #60
samwiselvr2008
Elf Lord

yah, i do not know how to publish anything, but i'll try to find some websites wher other people can read and feadback on it! maybe that will work, then at least some people will read it!

Movie vewing count from the theater:
Return of the King:9
Two Towers: 11
Fellowship: 13

FRODO LIVES!
samwiselvr2008 is offline   Reply With Quote