Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Middle Earth
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 05-05-2002, 10:12 PM   #41
Eruviel Greenleaf
Alcoholic Villain-Fancying Elf Pirate

I do know what you mean, azalea. There are certainly some things I would miss if I lived in, say, Middle-earth many ages past. And not just certain (physical) luxuries of our 'modern' world.

"Whoever has come to understand the world has found only a corpse, and whoever has found a corpse is superior to the world."
-The Gospel of Thomas

SQUAWK!
Eruviel Greenleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2002, 01:16 AM   #42
arynetrek
Elf Lord

First, the races of Middle-Earth are very much alive, you just have to look for them. i think we all agree on that.

Elves - Seeing as i am one, i think that proves their existence enough :P, and i've run into quite a lot at college...

Men - Look outside, signs of their activity are everywhere.

Uruk-Hai - There are 6.5 billion 'human beings' on this planet, and at least in America the majority are unfortunately Uruk-Hai. Want proof? Look at any major city, watch the nightly news for 10 minutes, you'll find all the proof you need.

Orcs - i agree with the 'they're running AOL!' comment, i think they can also be found in places like Ebay, fast food chains, retail, school administrations, the shadier side of government, and just about every other alluring but evil-streaked company out there.

Dwarves - ran into a few of those at college too...

Maiar - i have my suspicions that one of my professors is a Maia of Aule... (no Sauron joke here - he's good)

Hobbits - don't run into them too often living in a city; i suspect they'd stay far away from such places, live simply, grow food, and stay away from the Big People, like they always have. (aka - farming communities.)

aryne *
arynetrek is offline   Reply With Quote