Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 03-09-2002, 05:52 PM   #41
crickhollow
The Buckleberry Fairy/Captain

Quote:
but when ever i come up to one of the girls who i really fancy (from afar) and try to become freindly with, the Sweet thing doesnt rub off instantly, and i end up either just being Freinds, or they arnt interested at all.
Why is this such a hard concept to grasp? Why is being "just friends" such a bad thing? If a guy is interested in me, I prefer that he not tell me right away, and make an effort to get to know me better on a friendship level. The idea is not to move from casual friendship into dating, but good solid deep friendship into dating.

Laurelyn, swear off boys for a while. they need some time to grow up. Don't worry, they will grow up.
crickhollow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2002, 06:40 PM   #42
mirrille
Elven Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by afro-elf

to mirrile I assume that means chinese dialect
does that mean you only chinese
does that leave out non-chinese speaking chinese who are really cool
what about non chinese who speak chinese
if the last one counts
then
KNEE HOW MA?
Well, I'm not trying to be racist or anything. It just really makes a difference if I want to express myself, even for simple things, but I can't because the English words aren't right. I used to think it wouldn't matter because we would both speak English, but I did date outside my race once and sometimes I found it hard to express a thought for lack of the right words. It was just a frustration I'd rather not have if given a choice, although we did have a great time still. After all, in a relationship, communication is critical.
So, Chinese who don't speak Chinese are pretty much out, unless they are willing to learn. Non-chinese who are willing to learn are definitely worth a second look. After all, that shows both brains and dedication, dui bu dui?
mirrille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2002, 06:52 PM   #43
Wayfarer
The Insufferable

Here's a story for you guys out there...

About two years ago I met this girl. Now, we didn't exactly hit it of at first, but suffice it to say I was more than a bit infatuated with her. Howeve, I decided to focus on treating here well (as a friend) and getting along. We're now the best of friends, and I wouldn't trade her for Arwen or Luthien.

The moral of the story? Romance is a waste of time.
Old 03-09-2002, 07:07 PM   #44
mirrille
Elven Warrior

Yup. *nods.

At least for us young'uns. Boys or girls come and go. Friends are there for you even after the boy/girl friend walks away. God! I love my friends. ( *in tones of happy gratitude)

Things could change as we grow up, become more mature, start thinking about settling down/marriage/carrying on the family and stuff like that. All you more "mature" mooters will naturally have a very different perspective of course. But I really see myself as being too young and immature for anything overly serious or permanent. This attitude could be a problem in a few more years when the pressure to marry really starts to set in, but there's no use for me worrying about it now.
mirrille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2002, 07:23 PM   #45
CardenIAntauraNauco
Elven Warrior

I had a girlfriend once. She was smart, funny, interesting, very pretty, and she liked me. She lives in OKC and comes down here for school. Last summer she wrote an E-mail to me and said that she didn't want to go out anymore and just wanted to be friends. She stifles all communication on the subject by ignoring me at the least sign of interest. It's a torturous friendship and I don't feel like I can stop liking her. ...
"We will have peace","Yes we will have peace...we will have peace when you and all your works have perished - and the works of your dark lord to whom you would deliver us. You are a liar,Saruman,and a corrupter of men's hearts. You hold out your hand to me and I percieve only a finger of the claw of Mordor. Cruel and cold! Even if your war on me was just - as it was not,for were you ten times as wise you would have no right to rule me and mine, for your own profit you desired-even so, what will you say of your Torches in westfold and the children that lie dead there? And they hewed Hama's body before the gates of Hornburg, after he was dead. When you hang from a gibbet at your window for the sport of your own crows, I will have peace with you and Orthanc. So much for the House of Eorl. A lesser son of greater Sires am I, but I do not need to lick your fingers. Turn elsewither for I fear your voice has lost it's charm.
CardenIAntauraNauco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2002, 07:47 PM   #46
crickhollow

Please forgive my insensitivity

This is turning into the lonely heart's club thread.
Old 03-09-2002, 07:50 PM   #47
CardenIAntauraNauco
Elven Warrior

You were expecting something else?
"We will have peace","Yes we will have peace...we will have peace when you and all your works have perished - and the works of your dark lord to whom you would deliver us. You are a liar,Saruman,and a corrupter of men's hearts. You hold out your hand to me and I percieve only a finger of the claw of Mordor. Cruel and cold! Even if your war on me was just - as it was not,for were you ten times as wise you would have no right to rule me and mine, for your own profit you desired-even so, what will you say of your Torches in westfold and the children that lie dead there? And they hewed Hama's body before the gates of Hornburg, after he was dead. When you hang from a gibbet at your window for the sport of your own crows, I will have peace with you and Orthanc. So much for the House of Eorl. A lesser son of greater Sires am I, but I do not need to lick your fingers. Turn elsewither for I fear your voice has lost it's charm.
CardenIAntauraNauco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2002, 07:54 PM   #48
crickhollow

If I was, I shouldn't have been!
Old 03-09-2002, 08:35 PM   #49
aldesign
Elven Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by crickhollow

Why is this such a hard concept to grasp? Why is being "just friends" such a bad thing? If a guy is interested in me, I prefer that he not tell me right away, and make an effort to get to know me better on a friendship level. The idea is not to move from casual friendship into dating, but good solid deep friendship into dating.

Laurelyn, swear off boys for a while. they need some time to grow up. Don't worry, they will grow up.

Crick, yes true to some extent, its the oldest tactic in the book, and thats how i try it, but ive got enough girl-freinds, i want a girlfreind.
aldesign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2002, 08:57 PM   #50
crickhollow

Fair enough, but I knew a guy last year who felt the same way. All i can say about him is that he wasn't ready, even if he thought he was.

People tell me all the time that you have to be a complete person before you're ready for a relationship, but I'm not sure I believe that either. There is a part of me, no matter I try to get rid of it, that needs another person...

I wish I had the answer to your question--it's hard for the guy, eh? He's the one that has to take risk.

Tactic? That reminds me of "that guy", he had a LIST! Do you have a list, Andy? Burn it. Or, if you keep it, don't ever make the mistake of telling the girl how far down she is on it. Biiiiiiiig mistake, pal.
Old 03-09-2002, 09:18 PM   #51
Arian
Elven Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Darth Tater
Lies, all lies. All any of you care about is looks, just admit it!

Well who might you be talking about??!!

Well looks count some what, but it's what's in side the guy that counts and if he is nice.
Old 03-09-2002, 09:22 PM   #52
Rána Eressëa
The Rogue Elf

I really just like making friends with a guy rather than jumping up and saying, "Wanna date?" I'd rather become friends first, because if you can't get along as friends - there's no chance of a more serious relationship.

Last edited by Rána Eressëa : 03-09-2002 at 09:23 PM.
Rána Eressëa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2002, 09:30 PM   #53
Arian
Elven Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Rogue Elf
I really just like making friends with a guy rather than jumping up and saying, "Wanna date?" I'd rather become friends first, because if you can't get along as friends - there's no chance of a more serious relationship.

Yeah, friends are just great to be with guys, expect when everyone in school seems to say "you have a b/f'' Gets annoying.
Old 03-09-2002, 11:05 PM   #54
Darth Tater
The man

Rouge, you switched to the cute avatar!

Ok, my thoughts. I used to think I was a typical guy, cause, well, I'm a guy. But I've noticed lately that the girls I find myself attracted to arent' necessarily the hottest in the room. What really turns me on, honest to God, is a girl I can talk to, a smart, funny girl who can hold her own in a conversation. Yeah, I'm probably the exception, so ya all better try to get me now!
Darth Tater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2002, 11:57 PM   #55
Ararax
Elven Warrior

Ok to put it in the most straight forward terms everyone has a bad avg when dateing im 0 for 8 right now 8 girlfriends none lasted and being that im only 19 i doubt that i will marry the next girl i date but even then i would only be 1 for 9 so all i can say is keep trying almost nobody gets it right the first time, and i figure if i can get 1 out of a hundred i know she will be worth it, so you cant loose to much by trying ok that was my inspirational rant of the day
Old 03-10-2002, 12:01 AM   #56
Renille
Elven Lady of Speed-posting

As for me, I've been single for my whole 15 years. I'm pretty sure I want to stay that way. But if I ever did want to date, he'd have to be somewhat intelligent, funny, and really sweet. (This, remember, is coming from someone who's never dated...take nothing seriously.)
(from Seussical the Musical. Listen to it...watch it...really.)
Renille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2002, 12:07 AM   #57
Ararax
Elven Warrior

ok this thread is turing into a singles club
pretty soona its gonna be
"mary smith 765 wf likes long walks on the beach and deep conversations"
Old 03-10-2002, 12:15 AM   #58
FrodoFriend
Halfwitted

Ahem!

Eccentric, obsessive 15 yr old swf seeks short, barefooted non-human. Must enjoy pipeweed and very long hikes in all-weather conditions. Immense patience with babbling conversation and fluency in Elvish welcome. Wants adventurous relationship. Would prefer to avoid Mount Doom, though. Call 1-RING for further info.

The Crossroads of Arda - Warning. Halfwit content. Not appropriate for people with IQ of over 18.

The Fellowship of the Message Board

Nyáréonié - The Tale of Tears
FrodoFriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2002, 12:17 AM   #59
Ararax
Elven Warrior

lol
Old 03-10-2002, 12:17 AM   #60
afro-elf
Hoplite Nomad

I 'm an

SBM

single bitter male

She was kown as dernhelm because of her exclaimation when she realized that the rider's headgear was heavy and obscured her sight.

'Dern Helm"

Culled from Entmoot From Kirinski 57 and Wayfarer.
afro-elf is offline   Reply With Quote