Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 03-04-2002, 12:17 AM   #41
olsonm
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally posted by Renille
Pathetic. )
I've lived in the same house my whole life(22yrs). Now Thats pathetic!
Old 03-05-2002, 01:10 AM   #42
Tanoliel
Eccentric Chocolate Crow

I've lived in the same house my whole life, too (almost sixteen years--HEY! My birthday's on the 19th! AHHHH! Fifteen days!). Not only that, but my mom helped remodel the house while she was pregnant with me. Weirdness. Although I admit (*gasp!*) I have moved bedrooms....down into the freezing depths of the basement. But that's the extent of my movingness.
Hey, FrodoFriend--where in Seattle did you go? The usual? Pike Place...waterfront....U district, all that good stuff... Yeah. Seattle's cool...I love my city! Can you tell? (heehee)

-tano

Food Of The Gods:
3,7-dihydro-3,7-dimethyl-1H-purine-2,6-dione

Feed Me....

Another Online Dwelling Place...

"All right, I confess. It is my intention to comandeer a ship, pick up a crew in Tortuga, to rape, pillage, plunder and otherwise pilfer my weasely black guts out." -Captain Jack Sparrow

"The trouble with unknown enemies is that they are so difficult to identify." -Amelia Peabody Emerson

"Most people obey the orders of someone who is pointing a gun at their head." -A.P. Emerson

Tanoliel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2002, 03:13 AM   #43
mirrille
Elven Warrior

It's ok to live in the same house. I've moved houses and schools 5 times in my 21 years, not counting the move to university. And I didn't move for any particular reason either. It's not like my parents changed jobs, or were in the army or anything, they just bought different houses at various times. It's a pain because they are all old houses that had to be renovated. As soon as we got the house in a state that we liked it, they up and sold it to buy another one!

I live in Vancouver. Yay! Home of a lousy hockey team, not that I care. It's great! The mildest weather, the best variety in restaraunts, and the highest per capita sushi consumption in all of Canada. I kid you not!
mirrille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2002, 04:50 PM   #44
LuthienTinuviel
protector of orphaned rabbits

i stayed in that triler park a bit up the road. .. then we walked down this big hill past the bath place and ate some realy nasty food at a restarunt with two levels and a strem in the back..

it was the resarunt with the hot tub out on the deck beside it.
hmm
that is really fuzzy memories, prolly the fever i had
Old 03-05-2002, 04:56 PM   #45
TinuvielChild
Padawan

Boston, MA....although sometimes i do live in middle-earth (i spend so much time reading the Silmarillion)

Dance as though nobody's watching.
Sing as though nobody's listening.
Dream as though you'll live forever.
Live as though you'll die tomorrow.

EIDRIORCQWSDAKLMEDDCWWTIWOATTOPWFIO and proud!

FRODO LIVES!!!!!
TinuvielChild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2002, 05:03 PM   #46
LuthienTinuviel
protector of orphaned rabbits

ive only moved once.
but i wish i could move agian.
maybe to the uk. then at least i could see all my friends.

stupid ocean.
Old 03-05-2002, 05:25 PM   #47
Darth Tater
The man

TinuvielChild, I is a Bostonian!
Darth Tater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2002, 06:02 PM   #48
TinuvielChild
Padawan

woohoo!! go boston!!! i love this city, although if i moved anywhere (in this world, not Arda ) i would go to either NYC or Ireland/uk or Germany (Deutschland ist toll!) great to meet another Bostonian on Entmoot!!!1

FRODO LIVES!!!!!
Old 03-05-2002, 08:06 PM   #49
markedel
'Sober' Mullet Frosh

Interstingly enough in another attempt to feel self-important (as the only large Canadian city, Toronto is skilled at that) the largest paper spent an article mocking boston's expensiveness.

Even more amusing-Toronto's basketball team is better then Vancouver's and Montreal's basketball team, inflating our already Canada sized ego

Old 03-05-2002, 08:22 PM   #50
Elvet
Elven Warrior

Orillia, Ontario, Canada. Am I the only one posting from the boonies of Ontario?
Old 03-05-2002, 10:43 PM   #51
galadriel88
Halfwitted Queen of Lothlorien

Well I'm not a Bostonian, but as I said in an earlier post, I'm most likely gonna be visiting there one weekend this April. Any suggestions as to attractions? We're thinking about going to a Boston Symphony Orchestra performance. I would LOVE to see the Boston Pops, but they're not performing when we're gonna be there!

+Every good thing that comes into my life is only a reflection of the greatest gift of all; the offering of yourself, dear Son of God+

Always remember, you're uniqe, just like everybody else!

"The one constant through all the years has been the Trombone. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. Its been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt and erased again, but the Trombone has marked the time. This field, this section, this band is a part of our past. It reminds us of all that once was good, and could be again. Oh, people will come . . . people will most definitely come."
galadriel88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2002, 12:15 AM   #52
Renille
Elven Lady of Speed-posting

Quote:
Originally posted by olsonm

I've lived in the same house my whole life(22yrs). Now Thats pathetic!
22 years in the same house? Now that's annoying! (I'm sorry...I'm sorry...I've got to stop this now...)
(from Seussical the Musical. Listen to it...watch it...really.)
Renille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2002, 12:16 AM   #53
FrodoFriend
Halfwitted

Hey, it would be nice to live somewhere for a long time! I've never lived anywhere longer than 3 years. Now THAT'S annoying!

The Crossroads of Arda - Warning. Halfwit content. Not appropriate for people with IQ of over 18.

The Fellowship of the Message Board

Nyáréonié - The Tale of Tears
FrodoFriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2002, 12:19 AM   #54
mirrille
Elven Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by markedel
Even more amusing-Toronto's basketball team is better then Vancouver's and Montreal's basketball team, inflating our already Canada sized ego

I'm not exactly at BB fan, but I thought Vancouver didn't have a basketball team anymore. They stank so bad they moved somewhere else, didn't they? Not that I use sports teams as a source of civic pride. I prefer to look at the food. I was hoping to move away for school, just for a change in scene, but I'm realizing that it's not everywhere in the country that I can get my sushi fix. Or even a decent bowl of noodles. So my number one choice now is Toronto, although the chances of my chances of getting in there are next to zero at this point.
I just visited Toronto this weekend. What's wrong with the city? All the shops in the airport were closed and it was only 9:00 pm. I was so hungry and couldn't get any food when I flew in. And the PA kept announcing to people to please ask for help from the "friendly uniformed staff" who were nowhere to be found. ( I had to take a coach somewhere else and had no time to leave the airport to search for food before leaving, and for that matter, I couldn't find the coach. ahhhh! Oh well, it was scary then, but amusing now that I'm home in one piece.) But I did spend some time in the city eventually before flying home. Nice city. But I did expect the airport to have more...services. I mean, it's only the major international airport in the nation's biggest city. hehe...But after I saw the rest of the city, that kind of made up for the ...inconvenience.
mirrille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2002, 09:54 PM   #55
galadriel88
Halfwitted Queen of Lothlorien

I feel your pain, mirrille! Sadly, most aorports do not have food places open later than 9:00 or so, at least that's been my experience.

+Every good thing that comes into my life is only a reflection of the greatest gift of all; the offering of yourself, dear Son of God+

Always remember, you're uniqe, just like everybody else!

"The one constant through all the years has been the Trombone. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. Its been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt and erased again, but the Trombone has marked the time. This field, this section, this band is a part of our past. It reminds us of all that once was good, and could be again. Oh, people will come . . . people will most definitely come."
galadriel88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2002, 10:50 PM   #56
markedel
'Sober' Mullet Frosh

And Pearson's is generally a chaotic mess what with its main patron being air Canada and all.
Old 03-07-2002, 11:33 PM   #57
crickhollow
The Buckleberry Fairy/Captain

Wow, I wondered if there were any west coasters in here!

I'm an American transplanted on to Canadian soil, about an hour east of Vancouver. Whoever said it was right about the sushi!

FF and notthatinnocent, have you ever been to a hole in the wall pizza place called "Zelda's"? It's in the downtown Sacremento capital area (shady trees, one-way streets). Best chicago deep dish-style pizza ever! And I have that on good authority from a hard core chicago-an.

I lived in Sac (we biked to Old Town, like three times a week in the summer! Yay for the kite shop and the glass blowers!) for almost a year, and mission viejo (anyone ever heard of the oc supertones?), ca for several years before moving up to Washington state (My home town is a couple of hours north of Seattle)
crickhollow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2002, 11:36 PM   #58
TinuvielChild
Padawan

the only time that i've ever been outside of the continental US was last summer driving back from michigan to boston, via toronto, niagra falls, and high falls NY. i've never been to alaska or hawaii!

YAAAAAYYY!!! i'm an elven warrior!!!!!! (and i just became an enting 3 nights ago....yes, i am definitely an entmoot addict!) how many posts do you have to have to get upgraded again? (i count sapling-hobbit an upgrade, hobbit-enting, enting-elven warrior, elven warrior-?) and to what?

I AM HAPPY!!!

FRODO LIVES!!!!!

Last edited by TinuvielChild : 03-07-2002 at 11:38 PM.
Old 03-07-2002, 11:37 PM   #59
FrodoFriend
Halfwitted

Hmm, no, crickhollow, I haven't heard of Zelda's. But if I ever go to Sac again (I've only actually been down there three times or so), maybe I'll stop there.

The Crossroads of Arda - Warning. Halfwit content. Not appropriate for people with IQ of over 18.

The Fellowship of the Message Board

Nyáréonié - The Tale of Tears
FrodoFriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2002, 02:51 AM   #60
Arathorn
Bard of Mangled Songs

Well good for you TinuvielChild for being happy and for (heheh) succumbing to the corruption of the moot.

BTW, I REALLY like your sig. One of the better sacrastic ones in LOTR, IMO.

Accio, Ash Nazg!

Elennuru s?*la lúmenn' omentielvo (The Death Star shines on the hour of our meeting) - Darth Arathorn

Put aside the ranger...
Start looking for Mumakil action figures...
Arathorn is offline   Reply With Quote