FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 10-11-2001, 08:27 AM   #41
Kirinki54
Elven Warrior

Golden days!

Quote:
Originally posted by easterlinge
Samwise had 13 kids!!! Woooo...... Sam & Rosie, a very passionate couple.
It has always been my thought that Rose and certainly Sam were especially blessed because of closeness to Galadriel´s home-brewed fertiliser.

Possibly it affected the Hobbit children of a whole cohort, especially the 1420´ babies. Note the new fashion in hair colour; golden as Galadriel´s!
Old 10-12-2001, 03:53 PM   #42
Play Girl
Elven Warrior

Wow! 13 kids! How the hell did mild mannered Mr Sam control them all! I cannot believe that I have got all these posts. Oh and to all those who are still confused i am 17 in 5 days!!! I am sorry agian if I have caused offence and i promis to stick my head down a toilet bowl for atleast 10mins after I have finished writting this post. I just am romanticaly minded and I felt it was a bit of a shame that Frodo didn't have a little female hobbit girl friend so Sam became Samantha but after finding out how many kids he has i guess i must be wrong. I did post it before i had finished! That Sam and Rosie story must be one in its own. Imagine trying to contols all those Kids! I couldn't be able to even give them all names!!!
Play Girl

Frodo lives!
Old 10-12-2001, 04:17 PM   #43
Comic Book Guy
Best Ex-Administrator ever

Actually Frodo named them all for him in a way, good job as well seeing as Sam would have gave them wrong names. He wanted to name his first daughter Frodo.
Old 10-13-2001, 12:25 PM   #44
Strange-Looking Lurker
Elven Warrior

13...what fun! I'm second of 8, and there's never a boring minute in our house...just imagine 13! What a blessing!
Old 10-13-2001, 12:30 PM   #45
Strange-Looking Lurker
Elven Warrior

Oh, and PlayGirl, please don't feel unwelcomed because so many of us disagree with you on this subject! Oh, and for heavens sake, don't put your head in a toilet bowl!

So, welcome to the board! My name is Samuel, the Juggling Jesus Freak, or the Strange Looking Lurker ('cause I mostly just lurk and only post every once in a while). Nice to have you here!
Old 10-13-2001, 02:44 PM   #46
Bradistic
Hobbit

The book says that Sam has 13 kids, but do we really know that they are all his? If Sam was willing to give his life for Frodo then maybe he was willing to give his wife too. And if you were Rosie why would you want to be with Sam the gardener when Frodo the ring bearer was right next door.

PS I would like to apologize in advance for anyone and everyone who is offended by my post.

PPS I think maturity is for boring people.
Old 10-13-2001, 03:14 PM   #47
Comic Book Guy

Grow up.
Old 10-13-2001, 11:41 PM   #48
Sakata
Elven Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Bradistic

PPS I think maturity is for boring people.
Maturity is for the wise
-------------------------
If you guys think that homosexuals will go to heaven, does that meen muderers and rapists will as well? they are all sinners going against the word of god, and in my opionion if they dont repent and change their ways they will all go to hell.

-Dare you venture into Gollum's Lair?

JESUS LIVES!
Old 10-14-2001, 04:51 AM   #49
Play Girl
Elven Warrior

I agree! With the bit about maturity being for boring people or atleast for when i want to be serious but I don't want to agree to the last post. I don't know if i realy believe in a god or heaven but I would like to think that bad people would go to purgotory(sp?) and I certainly don't agree with you about gays going to hell. I mean JRR probably thought of gays as somepeople think about body peircing and tatoos - doesn't like it and think its a bit pointless but doesn't hate or have an irrational fear of them. And isn't god supposed to love everyone. Whats wrong with falling in love with the same sex.
Play Girl

P.S. Sorry if i was being too mature for you Bradistic

Frodo lives!
Old 10-14-2001, 12:15 PM   #50
Sakata
Elven Warrior

"...women turned against the natural way to have sex and instead indulged in sex with each other. And men, instead of having normal sexual relationships with women, burned with lust for each other..." "...God, in his justice, will punish anyone who does such things..."
Romans 1:26-27 & 2:2

"Do not practice homosexuality; it is a detestable sin." -Leviticus 19:22

"Dont you know that those who do wrong will have no share in the Kingdom of God? Dont fool yourselves. Those who indulge in sexual sin, who are idol worshipers, adulterers, male prostitutes, homosexuals, thieves, greedy people, drunkards, abusers, and swindlers-none of these will have share in the Kingdom of God"-1 Corinthians 6:9

"Then if my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear them from heaven and will forgive their sins..."
-2 Chronicles 7:14

It is so cut and dry, I fail to see how anyone who reads the bible could think homosexuality is okay.

-Dare you venture into Gollum's Lair?

JESUS LIVES!

Last edited by Sakata : 10-14-2001 at 12:29 PM.
Old 10-14-2001, 12:22 PM   #51
Strange-Looking Lurker
Elven Warrior

"PS I would like to apologize in advance for anyone and everyone who is offended by my post. "

Yes, I found it quite offensive.

"PPS I think maturity is for boring people."

Well, it's good to be mature...some of the time anyway! I'm not always mature myself...you should see me on some other message baords I visit...(ever heard of the evils of grape jelly?)

"If you guys think that homosexuals will go to heaven, does that meen muderers and rapists will as well? they are all sinners going against the word of god, and in my opionion if they dont repent and change their ways they will all go to hell."

Of course. One thing most people don't seem to understand that with God, there are not degrees of sin. He is so totally perfect and holy that ANY little bit of sin cannot be tollerated (is that spelled right? umm...no, I don't think so. But i"m too lazy to spell check...)

"Whats wrong with falling in love with the same sex. "

It's "against nature", "unseemly" and "reprobate".
Old 10-14-2001, 02:05 PM   #52
Play Girl
Elven Warrior

Well if we are going to start quoting the bibel then

"Do not judge each other lest you be judged yourself" some part of the bible (i forget)

and if we want to quote movies

"nobodys perfect" Some Like It Hot last scene

Play Girl

PS I am just quoting movies because i am imature

Frodo lives!
Old 10-14-2001, 06:24 PM   #53
samwise of the shire
Radically Tolkienited

Location: If home is where the heart is, and my heart is in heaven...that should answer your question. <+><
No text up here

Do'nt judge a forum member by his/her posting name,speaking of judging....
Quote:
"Do not judge each other lest you be judged yourself" some part of the bible (i forget)
. I agree with Play Girl AND Sakata. How can that be? Play Girl is right in saying that it is wrong to judge another because we were on the same ground as they we should not judge because we are sinners, but I think that if God says something I think then that it's TRUE so I say it now. I disagree with homosexuality.
I think Rose does'nt give a hoot about the Ringbearer, her brave gardener is just about right(as he would be if I were her)
Sam
ps. Sorry if it seemed I jumped on your back purposefully. DId'nt mean to. Thanx for comin Strange Lurcker lighten up.
~J.R.R Tolkien
Radically Saved, Totally Tolkienited
GOD...
BLESS...
AMERICA...
Old 10-14-2001, 07:46 PM   #54
Sister Golden Hair
Queen of Nargothrond
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Sakata

Maturity is for the wise
-------------------------
If you guys think that homosexuals will go to heaven, does that meen muderers and rapists will as well? they are all sinners going against the word of god, and in my opionion if they dont repent and change their ways they will all go to hell.
Well, I have been reading the Bible probably more years than you have been alive. I have also lived and learned from experience. It is not your place to judge homosexuals, rapists, murderers, or anyone else that may violate your Christian belief. However, you are entitled to your moral opinion and there is nothing wrong with that. If I told you that I thought that the Bible is the best fantasy book that I ever read next to Tolkien, are you going to tell me that I am going to Hell? If so, you should rethink your belief. It is my opinion that it is hypocritical.
Old 10-14-2001, 08:34 PM   #55
Bradistic
Hobbit

Quote:
Originally posted by Comic Book Guy
Grow up.
Thanks for the advice, but I'd rather not. I have to apologize for my last post. It was just an SPI (Spontaneous Act of Immaturity). I canÕt really guarantee that all my ensuing posts on this board will be boring (oops I mean serious), and I canÕt exactly pledge that I will try to make all my future posts mature in nature, but I will promise that from now on I will try, to try, to make all my subsequent posts more mature.
Old 10-14-2001, 08:57 PM   #56
easterlinge
Elven Warrior

[making an effort to turn the topic away from hmsxlty]

Do you hold with those people who say we need to control population growth (eg the Club of Rome), or those who say "Be fruitful and multiply"?

I suppose 2 families of 11 kids each could have a football match..... a whole bunch of those families could have something like a soccer tournament.
Old 10-15-2001, 05:03 AM   #57
Play Girl
Elven Warrior

Oh my god that is such a cool idea! What would the tournament be called. Mind you it would be a bit hard to tell the players apart if the name on the back of the shirt were all the same. Imagine if there were twins in the family aswell, or triplets!
Play Girl

Frodo lives!
Old 10-15-2001, 04:41 PM   #58
Strange-Looking Lurker
Elven Warrior

"Well if we are going to start quoting the bibel then

"Do not judge each other lest you be judged yourself" some part of the bible (i forget)"

The sermon on the mount I beleive. Mat 6 or 7. I'm too lazy to look it up.

There is a problem with your reasoning that blows your argument totally out of the water. I wasn't judging, I was directly quoting Romans 1!! To use the Bible to try and tell me that it's wrong to quote the Bible is silly.

""nobodys perfect" Some Like It Hot last scene"

Oh, as long as we're quoting movies, here's one of my very fav. quotes: "A Jedi Knight? I'm out of it for a while and everyone get's delusions of graduer!" And don't correct my spelling either!

"PS I am just quoting movies because i am imature"

*hoist the immaturity flag* Long live immaturity! (Note: I am not making fun of you Play Girl)

"Strange Lurcker lighten up."

We was trying to be nice, yes we were. We was trying to be lighten up'ed. But they say mean things, yes they do. But Samuel bears it. He doesn't complain. Good Samuel. He will keep trying to show the dumb people at Entmoot how wrong they are. Good Samuel.
*dies laughing* Ok, ok, enough of that. LOL. I will try to lighten up a little more.

"If I told you that I thought that the Bible is the best fantasy book that I ever read next to Tolkien, are you going to tell me that I am going to Hell? If so, you should rethink your belief. It is my opinion that it is hypocritical."

To be totally honestly with you, yes, I would say that you are going to hell. How is that hypocritical?

"Originally posted by Comic Book Guy
Grow up.

Thanks for the advice, but I'd rather not. "

LOL! Very good come back! he he he..

"but I will promise that from now on I will try, to try, to make all my subsequent posts more mature."

Good heavens, no! I would much rather be offened every once in a while than condem you to being boring! *shudders*

"Do you hold with those people who say we need to control population growth (eg the Club of Rome), or those who say "Be fruitful and multiply"? "

Overpopulation is not aproblem at all.
Old 10-15-2001, 05:00 PM   #59
Comic Book Guy

It was very good comeback indeed. Oh wait a second, that last sentance was mature and boring, oh dear I totally forgot that this was supposed to a thread designed for stupid and exciting posts which are really immature.

I hope no one replies with a hilarious post with quotes trying to make themselves look clever.
Old 10-15-2001, 05:13 PM   #60
Sister Golden Hair
Queen of Nargothrond
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Strange-Looking Lurker

"If I told you that I thought that the Bible is the best fantasy book that I ever read next to Tolkien, are you going to tell me that I am going to Hell? If so, you should rethink your belief. It is my opinion that it is hypocritical."

To be totally honestly with you, yes, I would say that you are going to hell. How is that hypocritical?
It is hypocritical to behave as a Christian, and in the same breath condem another for not sharing your belief. No person on this planet has the right or power to judge another by saying they are going to hell for a belief or practice that differs from that persons norm. Only God can say who will go to hell, and who won't. This is judging others, and is in direct contradiction with the Bibles teaching. Although the Bible states very clearly what is a sin and what isn't, going to hell as punishment for commiting these sins is limited to God alone. There is no one on this forum, or on this planet that can say another is going to hell, and then say you are a Cristian, or a God fearing person. Now that I have had my religious rant, I would like to ask a question. Isn't this a Tolkien forum?
Closed Thread