Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 08-31-2007, 06:17 PM   #41
Comic Book Guy
Best Ex-Administrator ever

Drinking, football and insulting people are my favourite hobbies.
Comic Book Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 07:26 PM   #42
OldHippie
Elven Warrior

Football as in Soccer???????? As far as the drinking and insulting....... welcome bud.
Old 09-02-2007, 04:15 PM   #43
Comic Book Guy
Best Ex-Administrator ever

Yep football, not the american "sport" that doesn't require use of the feet or a ball.
Comic Book Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 01:10 AM   #44
HOBBIT
Saviour of Entmoot Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comic Book Guy
Yep football, not the american "sport" that doesn't require use of the feet or a ball.
Um, wrong on both counts there.

But seeing that CBG is from Norther Ireland, he was almost certainly talking about soccer when he said football.

Nice to see you here CBG :P

"I'm up to here with cool, ok? I'm so amazingly cool you could keep a side of meat in me for a month. I am so hip I have difficulty seeing over my pelvis" - Zaphod Beeblebrox

Latest Blog Post: Just Quit Facebook? No One Cares!
HOBBIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 01:26 AM   #45
IronParrot
Fowl Administrator

I'm going to join the old folks' gathering here and contribute:

Scrabble, jazz piano, reading, blogging, movies (not nearly as much as I'd like), Nintendo games. And I'll have to echo the fascination with sipping exquisite teas.
All of IronParrot's posts are guaranteed to be 100% intelligent and/or sarcastic, comprising no genetically modified content and tested on no cute furry little animals unless the SPCA is looking elsewhere. If you observe a failure to uphold this warranty, please contact a forum administrator immediately to receive a full refund on your Entmoot registration.

Blog: Nick's Café Canadien
IronParrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 11:46 AM   #46
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwaimir Windgem
If you like Celtic music, check out Celtic Spring. They're really incredible.
Very nice, Gwai - I like the wild stuff!

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!
Rían is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 01:21 PM   #47
Ingwe
Elven Warrior

I'll have to look at that site sometime. Celtic is awesome!

Hobbies: Web development, astronomy, music (I have a playlist of over a thousand songs from soundtracks, classic rock, new age, some rap, basically a couple of Tupac Shakur LoL, etc), reading, doing stuff with Amy, modifying the game Battle for Middle Earth 2: Rise of the Witch-King, more reading, going to different websites, including:

Entmoot Forums
My site
YTMND (You're the Man Now Dog) site
Uncyclopedia, The Content-Free Encyclopedia
Filefront Gaming Forums

I enjoy talking on MSN or TeamSpeak (the latter of which allows actual talking, which I like).

I used to make 3d models of starships for the Star Trek Armada game until within the Armada modding community the game began to die (the game's been out for 7 years, I thought it would take longer than that). I've been -trying- to learn 3dsmax (3d modeling program) so I can make models for Battle for Middle Earth. I've been learning Macromedia Flash MX so I could begin to make Flash videos and animations. Been using Adobe Premiere 7 video editing software for a while as I once in a while make videos for online content. Some of that stuff helps me find content for different websites, and some of it is simply all for fun and hobby.

My favorite hobbies though are the physical kinds. I like to run and bicycle, and have a nice leisurely and long walk every couple of days. I could be found every few days taking a 20 mile or so walk. Swimming is a favorite, that is when the weather is good enough for it. In the summer I'll spend at least 5 hours at the pool swimming. Labor Day came a few days ago so on that day all the pools and stuff closes down. That day only reminds me how close winter is. But winter has its advantages too. A favorite past time of mine is to see how long I can go without sleep. I usually work on web development projects especially during winter, and have been doing so for the past year. After a year and a half experience with it, there's still so much I haven't learned yet. And at the moment, there's much that has yet to be done. I wouldn't have it any other way.

I enjoy traveling, as long as it doesn't involve going into big cities. But New York City is a fun place to go. London is totally awesome and I'm fixing on going there with Amy next summer. One thing about the world in this age: "everybody needs some money sometimes, everybody needs some cash...sometimes." So I have to work on that before we do anything. We might be going to Italy in 2009 or 2010.

I enjoy more than anything, talking. I enjoy talking a lot. I talk and talk and talk. It's why I like using teamspeak so much. I enjoy teaching people about different things as well. I'm quite shy when it comes to a completely new crowd, but after a couple of times of meeting with them I grow comfortable enough to carry on a conversation. When someone new comes to TeamSpeak I usually don't say all too much at first, except tell them how to register themselves on the server and that's about it for about 10 minutes. I usually allow someone else make a mention of something that's interesting and then I inevitably join in to the conversation.

So that's not only my hobbies, I guess that's my life.
Ingwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 06:18 AM   #48
Mari
Elf Lady

Well, if you like talking or discussing, this is the right place
I'm working on my argumentation skills. Get a lot of practice too!

...The Earth laughs in flowers ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson, "Hamatreya"...
Mari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 10:36 AM   #49
Ingwe
Elven Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mari
Well, if you like talking or discussing, this is the right place
Thanks, and yep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mari
I'm working on my argumentation skills. Get a lot of practice too!
It's definitely a lot of fun!
Ingwe is offline   Reply With Quote