Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 06-18-2006, 10:25 AM   #41
GreyMouser
Elven Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Telcontarion
I feel you, but the way I see it is that if the people did what they really wanted to do like eg. "We would have no soldiers in iraq if they, even when they knew they didn't want to go...would have refused, to, go."

The problem is, people don't do what they believe in, they do what peer pressure and society in general wants them to do; that's the problem, people give away there power everyday. The army is a perfect example of that, where you are trained to take orders without question, which is rediculous. And every one acts like that's cool and sensible, it's madness.

But like I keep saying (and this is the bigger picture my friends) we are being manipulated through all these systems, customs, social pressures into these things; but by whom, you owe it to yourself to answer that question yourself.

...you know what I'll just through some tidbits out there:

-CIA and satanism
-secrets of the CIA
-Skull and Bones (bush and kerry are members and they are cousins-they admitted it themselves on national tv)
-bohemian grove
-bilderbergh group

David Icke!!!
Shouldn't this be on the conspiracy thread?
Don't forget the Templars!
GreyMouser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006, 10:29 AM   #42
GreyMouser
Elven Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elfhelm

My answer is to target racism and religious intolerance. All the other stuff will fall like dominoes if we can make cultural imperialism a bad thing to do. And my method is education in global studies and the classics.
DeadWhiteMales will overcome cultural imperialism? And after I just got raked over the coals by Gwaimir on Plato and sexism!
GreyMouser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006, 10:51 AM   #43
The Telcontarion
The one true King of the human race, direct descendant of Adam and heir to the kings of old. "You owe me your fealty." The Tar Minyaturion

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyMouser
Shouldn't this be on the conspiracy thread?
Don't forget the Templars!
Well I think it is quite fitting for this thread.

Also when people say conspiracy theory, people tend to think therre goes a ufo nut. The truth is that 100s of people do go to prison for conspiracy; conpiracy to commit murder, conspiracy to rub a bank, conspiracy to commit arsen etc. So, what the media have done is take a perfectly legitimate word and made into a joke.

Conspiracy means something, see how they do this thing; "It's chess, it ain't checkers!!!" Alonzo, Training Day

Conspiracy is a really important social issue.

Ecclesiasticus 2:1-5
1 My son, if thou come to serve the Lord, prepare thy soul for temptation...
...4 Whatsoever is brought upon thee take cheerfully, and be patient when thou art changed to a low estate. 5 For gold is tried in the fire, and acceptable men in the furnace of adversity.

Romans 5:3
And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience;
The Telcontarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006, 12:51 PM   #44
brownjenkins
Advocatus Diaboli

1) Equal access to basic education (reading, writing, pre-algebra mathmatics).

2) Free access to basic food and medicine.

3) A world governmental organization of some kind that is much more inclusive and democratic than the current UN.

4) Global agreement on basic human and worker rights.

5) Gradual transition to a global free market including the removal of all trade-protection laws, subsidies, and corporate protection laws (copyrights especially).
Old 06-19-2006, 08:50 AM   #45
The Telcontarion
The one true King of the human race, direct descendant of Adam and heir to the kings of old. "You owe me your fealty." The Tar Minyaturion

Certainly not how you make a society better!!!!!!

Federal Judge Rules U.S. Can Detain Non-Citizens Indefinitely on Basis of Religion, Race or National Origin

A federal judge in Brooklyn has ruled the government can legally detain non-citizens on the sole basis of their religion, race or national origin and then detain them indefinitely. We speak with an attorney with the Center for Constitutional Rights that filed a lawsuit in the case.

Headlines for June 16, 2006 at

http://www.democracynow.org/article..../06/16/1355218

Ecclesiasticus 2:1-5
1 My son, if thou come to serve the Lord, prepare thy soul for temptation...
...4 Whatsoever is brought upon thee take cheerfully, and be patient when thou art changed to a low estate. 5 For gold is tried in the fire, and acceptable men in the furnace of adversity.

Romans 5:3
And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience;
The Telcontarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 11:19 AM   #46
Elfhelm
Marshal of the Eastmark

Quote:
DeadWhiteMales will overcome cultural imperialism? And after I just got raked over the coals by Gwaimir on Plato and sexism!
I said global, and I have indicated several non-white, non-male people in my list of studies. Kung Fu Tse, for instance, and Jesus, and Sappho. In modern times, Gandhi, Hilda Doolittle (H.D.), Abdul Baha, as well as many dead white males. Yes, the academy in the US in the 70's, and things like the classics as stated by Harvard editors in the 50's was greatly dead white males. But that's no longer the case. It was actually just a phase. Gender and race only affect the compilation of classical canons at certain times in certain cultures. But we can create our own canon. Every generation does. Don't be shy about it.
Elfhelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 08:16 PM   #47
Gwaimir Windgem
Dread Mothy Lord and Halfwitted Apprentice Loremaster

Quote:
The classics ain't only White or Males, GM. They are, however, all currently Dead. We have, of course, to understand that the ancients were wrong about some things, but we certainly can learn a lot from them.

'With a melon?'
- Eric Idle
Gwaimir Windgem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 08:20 PM   #48
Gwaimir Windgem
Dread Mothy Lord and Halfwitted Apprentice Loremaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elfhelm
I said global, and I have indicated several non-white, non-male people in my list of studies. Kung Fu Tse, for instance, and Jesus, and Sappho. In modern times, Gandhi, Hilda Doolittle (H.D.), Abdul Baha, as well as many dead white males. Yes, the academy in the US in the 70's, and things like the classics as stated by Harvard editors in the 50's was greatly dead white males. But that's no longer the case. It was actually just a phase. Gender and race only affect the compilation of classical canons at certain times in certain cultures. But we can create our own canon. Every generation does. Don't be shy about it.
Hear, hear.

'With a melon?'
- Eric Idle
Gwaimir Windgem is offline   Reply With Quote