Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Middle Earth
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 05-27-2006, 04:37 PM   #41
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

Quote:
Originally Posted by jammi567
but then, maybe the power is the wisdom they had from their previous life.
I guess Sauron also gained more wisdom (well ar least knowledge) with each re-incarnation.
Gordis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2006, 04:51 PM   #42
jammi567
I'm Eru, and lord of Arda.

are you trying to be funny!
Vote for me, Jammi567, in the 2008 Entmoot elections, and you will get many of the things we need: free, unbiased, newspapers; a strong alliance with many countries, so that war doesn't start over someone breaking their nose on a doorframe; etc, etc

This forum is lonely. It's new and confused, and doesn't have many friends yet. Help today by joining for free, posting, and posting this message and link in your sig. So please, join and help make it feel welcomed and loved.
jammi567 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2006, 05:18 PM   #43
Landroval
Elven Warrior

Quote:
They are enriched emotionally and gained more experience and knowledge. But the quote doesn't say that their power was increased.
You missed the part about twice nourished and parented. With each children, the elves lose strength, that goes into the children - the most notorious case being that of Miriel and Feanor.
From the same text, which you apparently know:"The Eldar say that more than one re-birth is seldom recorded. But the reasons for this they do not fully know. Maybe, it is so ordered by the will of Eru; while the Re-born they say are stronger, having greater mastery of their bodies and being more patient of griefs." I don't know why I was looking for this quote all over Atrabeth and Myths , it was under my nose.
Quote:
Gandy was resurrected by Eru, thus boosted and upgraded.
I don't know where you are getting at; if you are second guessing Eru, please provide reasons for doing so. The same if you are actually questioning Tolkien's sincerity in the letters. Or simply state this is your personal opinion and we will leave it at that.
Landroval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2006, 04:15 AM   #44
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landroval
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordis
Gandy was resurrected by Eru, thus boosted and upgraded.
I don't know where you are getting at; if you are second guessing Eru, please provide reasons for doing so. The same if you are actually questioning Tolkien's sincerity in the letters. Or simply state this is your personal opinion and we will leave it at that.
What do you think is my "personal opinion"?
- That Gandald was upgraded? Why, that is the Simple Fact from the LOTR. Compare G the Grey with G the White.
- That he was ressurected by Eru? You yourself filled this thread with quotes that prove exactly that. What in the Letters doesn't support these two statements?

I thought all the fuss in this thread was abou WHERE the upgrade was done: in Valinor or outside the Circles.

But now you start to question the basics, it seems...
Old 05-28-2006, 06:40 AM   #45
Landroval
Elven Warrior

Quote:
I thought all the fuss in this thread was abou WHERE the upgrade was done: in Valinor or outside the Circles.
Yes, that is what the "fuss" is all about. The letters state it was done outside Ea and not by the valar. If I understand you correctly, you disagree with that, reffering to the resurection of elves and what not. So far, I haven't seen evidence from you that this didn't occur outside the world.
Old 05-28-2006, 06:49 AM   #46
jammi567

Quote:
I think it is time to close this discussion. It is turning in rounds.
i totally agree, this disgussion is getting more and more pointless every post. can't you both just except that you're never going to agree with each other.
Vote for me, Jammi567, in the 2008 Entmoot elections, and you will get many of the things we need: free, unbiased, newspapers; a strong alliance with many countries, so that war doesn't start over someone breaking their nose on a doorframe; etc, etc

This forum is lonely. It's new and confused, and doesn't have many friends yet. Help today by joining for free, posting, and posting this message and link in your sig. So please, join and help make it feel welcomed and loved.
Old 05-28-2006, 08:39 AM   #47
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

Quote:
Originally Posted by jammi567
i totally agree, this disgussion is getting more and more pointless every post. can't you both just except that you're never going to agree with each other.
I agree with you, Jammi!

And I love your typo "DISGUSSION"
Describes it well, I feel
Old 05-28-2006, 08:58 AM   #48
Landroval
Elven Warrior

Whatever
Old 05-28-2006, 12:11 PM   #49
jammi567

Quote:
And I love your typo "DISGUSSION"
Describes it well, I feel
that's actually a spelling mistake!

Old 05-31-2006, 10:07 AM   #50
jammi567

Another what if to get us off this very boring topic, what if Legalus was an important elf from the sil, who do you think he would be?