Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Lord of the Rings Movies
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 01-21-2004, 09:51 AM   #41
Elvengirl
Mirthful Maiden

The pictue gallery is called Entmooter Picture Links in the General Messages forum, you can't miss it.

So who's going to play our heroic hobbits?

Wanna play? www.thievesguild.com
Elvengirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2004, 10:14 AM   #42
SamNotSoWise
Hobbit

My pic

OK, I'm in the picture gallery now. Thanks for the help!

Music Supervisor of Entmoot's "The Lord of the Rings"
SamNotSoWise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2004, 01:14 PM   #43
Elvengirl
Mirthful Maiden

Your welcome, nice pic btw

Wanna play? www.thievesguild.com
Elvengirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2004, 12:52 PM   #44
hectorberlioz
Master of Orchestration President Emeritus of Entmoot 2004-2008

ok Finrod, Nerdanel was vying for a wormtongue role. just wanted to let you know.

Acaly und Hektor fur Presidants fur EntMut fur life!
Join the discussion at Entmoot Election 2010.
"Stupidissimo!"~Toscanini
The Da CINDY Code
The Epic Poem Of The Balrog of Entmoot: Here ~NEW!
~
Thinking of summer vacation?
AboutNewJersey.com - NJ Travel & Tourism Guide
hectorberlioz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2004, 01:51 PM   #45
Finrod Felagund
King of Nargothrond

Thanks, remember, not all have to be mooters, you can nominate pro actors as well.
Old 02-07-2004, 05:18 AM   #46
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

Hector, you mentioned you wanted Legolas to be dark haired? How about this for an example:
http://www.canterburyelf.com/legolas%20edelfeldt.jpg

Good idea FF.
Originally Posted by hectorberlioz
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessar
IM IN UR THREDZ, EDITN' UR POSTZ
Nurvingiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2004, 02:54 PM   #47
Lalaith_Elf
Her Infernal Majesty

Hey I'm up for any part.
I don't have a pic up on here.... files are always too big.
I'm very good at archery.... even if I do say so myself!
And I was in a drama club for a couple of years
What I'm cast as is up to you...... maybe I could be an orc, you'd save on make-up.lol.
"It is a good viewpoint to see the world as a dream. When you have something like a nightmare, you will wake up and tell yourself that it was only a dream. It is said that the world we live in is not a bit different from this." - Yamamoto Tsunetomo
Lalaith_Elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2004, 10:28 PM   #48
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

You're good at archery? Coolness. Maybe you can help everyone learn archery - those who need to anyway.
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:
Old 02-12-2004, 10:36 AM   #49
Lalaith_Elf
Her Infernal Majesty

Yep.... though I do warn you I'm not a very good teacher. Most likely I'd be skiving the lessons.
And it's not that hard to do.... I've only had a couple of goes at it, and the first time I hit bullseye!
Thought it was a fluke as well.... but it turned out not to be
"It is a good viewpoint to see the world as a dream. When you have something like a nightmare, you will wake up and tell yourself that it was only a dream. It is said that the world we live in is not a bit different from this." - Yamamoto Tsunetomo
Old 02-14-2004, 09:50 PM   #50
Mrs Maggot
Enting

Well… I'd very much like to play myself, however i doubt that i have the necessary stature to be Mrs Maggot, cos she's short & dumpy. Then like ryttu3k there's the additional problem of actually getting myself from Australia to the States!
Old 02-15-2004, 04:03 PM   #51
Lalaith_Elf
Her Infernal Majesty

Yeah.... Same here. I doubt I could get from England to America. Would like to though.
Old 02-15-2004, 09:40 PM   #52
Dreran the Green
Lady of Legends

Quote:
Originally posted by Nurvingiel
Hector, you mentioned you wanted Legolas to be dark haired? How about this for an example:
http://www.canterburyelf.com/legolas%20edelfeldt.jpg

Good idea FF.
I love that pic. I always envisioned him as looking like that.

I'm already helping with other stuff, but could I have a very small part as well? I could be a hobbit. I think I'm too young to play Lobelia, but I could be Angelica Baggins or someone similar.

EDIT: Oh yeah, acting experience. Ok, I was Kate in Annie back in 5th grade, a Pick-a-Little Lady in the Music Man two years ago, last year I was Yente in Fiddler on the Roof, this year I was Wendy in a student film called The Truth About Wendy, multiple parts in my own pathetic little films, and now I'm choir in Anything Goes. Um....sort of all ranges, but bad at really high notes.

*This is not actually true. The road to Hell is paved with frozen door to door salesmen. On weekends many of the younger demons go ice-skating down it. ~Good Omens

Last edited by Dreran the Green : 02-16-2004 at 06:23 PM.
Dreran the Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2004, 10:19 PM   #53
Ella Nyneve
Hobbit

Strider Acting? Ooh! Ooh! Meeeeeeee!!!

I'd be up for any part. I'm 14 years old (Turning 15 on November 14th), with dirty blonde hair, blue-green eyes (More towards green), and glasses, but I can see without them. I'm about 5'3 with an average build. I am a 2nd alto (Or so my chorus teacher says)

I've been in drama practically since I was in 3rd grade. Then, I played the mother alien in our St. Jude's Math-a-Thon play. In 7th grade, I was the town grandmother/coach attendant in Cinderella. In 8th grade, I was in the production of A Tale Of Two Cities as Gaston, the president of the French courts who sentenced Charles Darnay to death. I am currently in Jekyll & Hyde's pit choir. I am also in my 3rd quarter of a theater class.

"I know. It’s all wrong. By rights we shouldn’t even be here. But we are. It’s like in the great stories, Mr. Frodo. The ones that really mattered. Full of darkness and danger they were. And sometimes you didn’t want to know the end. Because how could the end be happy? How could the world go back to the way it was when so much bad had happened? But in the end, it’s only a passing thing, this shadow. Even darkness must pass. A new day will come. And when the sun shines it will shine out the clearer. Those were the stories that stayed with you. That meant something, even if you were too small to understand why. But I think, Mr. Frodo, I do understand. I know now. Folk in those stories had lots of chances of turning back only they didn’t. They kept going because they were holding on to something." "What're we holding onto, Sam?" "That there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo, and it’s worth fighting for."~ Frodo & Sam, LotR:TTT

"Madame Gaston, can't you just see it? Madame Gaston, his little wife! No sir! Not me! I guarantee it! I want much more than this provincial life! I want adventure in the great, wide SOMEWHERE. I want it more than I can tell. And for once it might be grand, to have someone... understand. I want so much more than they've got planned..."~ Belle, Beauty & The Beast

Last edited by Ella Nyneve : 02-19-2004 at 05:59 PM.
Ella Nyneve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2004, 05:42 PM   #54
Bombadillo
"The Bomb"

Strider

You all have acting experience. I don't, but I can sit in the background rather well. And I think you should incorperate me in there somehow as an elf, because I do have a slight resemblence, exept that I'm more manly,and possibly better looking. Sign me up as Figwit.
Old 02-19-2004, 05:55 PM   #55
Lalaith_Elf
Her Infernal Majesty

I haven't had much acting experiance - my drama teacher hated me so he never gave me any parts. I thought it was because I was rubbish until my mate told me that everyone was sure I'd make it as one of the main characters - still don't believe her.
I've only really done a few things years ago and I was an extra in Harry Potter. I'll just stand in the background too.
Old 02-19-2004, 07:19 PM   #56
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

We are going to need a lot of "background" people, especially for battles, scenes in Bree and Minis Tirith, etc.
Quote:
Old 02-19-2004, 11:37 PM   #57
Bombadillo
"The Bomb"

We might be able to settle for less if someone knows how to duplicate images and multiply a group of five people to look like a while army. Hand-to-hand combat would be lame, though.
Old 02-26-2004, 07:53 PM   #58
Last Child of Ungoliant
The Intermittent One

Nazgul

hi
hope i'm not too late
i would like to put my name forward for the part of the mouth of sauron
it is one of my favourite characters in ROTK

if you do the hobbit, i should like to put my name forward to provide the voice of Smaug, as he is one of my favourite characters in all the books

if you do the silmarillion, i should like to put my name forward for the part of Morgoth

thank you very much

may darkness always bless your path

there is of course the problem of crossing the atlantic to the states though!!

Last edited by Last Child of Ungoliant : 02-26-2004 at 07:56 PM.
Last Child of Ungoliant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2004, 07:57 PM   #59
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

Welcome aboard Chrys! You are not too late, we always need more people for such a huge movie.

I don't believe anyone asked for the Mouth of Sauron yet, so the part is yours!

We don't have plans to do the Sil or the Hobbit, but if we do we'll be sure to let you know.
Quote:
Old 02-26-2004, 08:01 PM   #60
Last Child of Ungoliant
The Intermittent One

Nazgul

Quote:
Originally posted by Nurvingiel
Welcome aboard Chrys! You are not too late, we always need more people for such a huge movie.

I don't believe anyone asked for the Mouth of Sauron yet, so the part is yours!

We don't have plans to do the Sil or the Hobbit, but if we do we'll be sure to let you know.
thank you
if i had posted more messages, and was therefore eligible to vote, you'd get my vote
chrys

a supplement to whatever i wrote before:
i have acted in a number of small sclae productions, sometimes taking pivotal roles, and i have no qualms about speaking in front of groups,
i am a chief steward for a dog show society, so i often hold seminars and lecture-ey type things!!

i've just thought of more:
i start college in september (a level history, a level archaeology, as level classical civilisation), and all college students enjoy the theatre, right??

Last edited by Last Child of Ungoliant : 02-27-2004 at 07:40 PM.
Last Child of Ungoliant is offline   Reply With Quote