Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Harry Potter
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 06-03-2003, 06:28 PM   #41
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Rána Eressëa
I'm not sure, but I have a hope that the Four founders of Hogwarts serve as the connection between Harry and Voldemort. Voldemort is an Heir - maybe Potter is one too? They're not going to be blood related. Far too Star-Warsy indeed. That would be a disappointment for me.
Oh just imagine my horror.

Final Battle between Voldemort and Harry Potter

Voldermort: Harry Potter, I am your father.

Harry: Nooo!!!

Voldemort cuts off Harry's hand. Harry kills Voldermort. Harry gets a robotic, oops, I mean magical hand.

I would cry. But Rowling wouldn't do that to us. She already explained that Harry and Voldemort have similarities because Voldemort transferred some powers to Harry when he attacked him.
Originally Posted by hectorberlioz
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessar
IM IN UR THREDZ, EDITN' UR POSTZ
Nurvingiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2003, 02:56 PM   #42
Fimbrethil
My microwave speaks to me

Location: Having conversations with my major household appliances.
Ok I'm gonna post something here that will make you all hate me because I have yet to see it posted anywhere else. Sirius will die...because he got drunk...and feel off Buckbeak. My momma always told me never ride a flying animal when you're drunk.
Yes sir, yes sir. Three bags full.

I'll be gone for a while. But never fear! "I shall return anon!"
Fimbrethil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2003, 03:18 PM   #43
Tanoliel
Eccentric Chocolate Crow

You mean fall off?

I dunno...somehow I don't think he would be that stupid unless something really awful had happened and he got drunk to try and forget (which is also a stupid thing, so remember kids...don't drink and ride...er....yeah). Maybe someone cool died, like Dumbledore. Who knows.
Hey...just a couple weeks till HP5. Should be interesting.
tano

Food Of The Gods:
3,7-dihydro-3,7-dimethyl-1H-purine-2,6-dione

Feed Me....

Another Online Dwelling Place...

"All right, I confess. It is my intention to comandeer a ship, pick up a crew in Tortuga, to rape, pillage, plunder and otherwise pilfer my weasely black guts out." -Captain Jack Sparrow

"The trouble with unknown enemies is that they are so difficult to identify." -Amelia Peabody Emerson

"Most people obey the orders of someone who is pointing a gun at their head." -A.P. Emerson

Tanoliel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2003, 04:58 PM   #44
Adrian Baggins
Frodo's lil sis HP LotR fan

Quote:
Originally posted by gimli7410
sounds like you have read the book. you seem so sure.
I haven't read the book but my friend watched a documentary by J.K. and she said there would be unexpected deaths and then muttered Ron, but then said something about Ron living in the end so I think it is a different Ron, she also hinted at Percy going evil and Hedwig too, Hedwig comes back, but not Percy, Ron and Hermy are made 4 each other, so r Ginny and Collin, I mean, can u say Harry fan club and I think I explained everything else pretty well
Owner of the 3 unknown rings

I LIKE HIEI!! LOOK AT MY AVITAR IF YOU DON'T KNOW WHO THAT IS!!

H. Hysterically cold
I. Insanely unhuman
E. Effortlessly mocking
I. Irresistabely hott

"You're a team player, a save-the-day superhero *pause* I hate people like you." ~Hiei
Adrian Baggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2003, 04:48 PM   #45
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

ummmmmm... I'll just wait until I can read the 5th book. No spoilers please! *uber anticipation*

I will rage if one of the Weasley's is killed. Rage. In many fanfics I've read, this is the tragic event that happens to Harry.
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:
Old 06-25-2003, 09:52 PM   #46
Tanoliel
Eccentric Chocolate Crow

Poo...no spoilers? I had an idea....
Ah well.
Suffice to say that I think a certain someone is not as gone as might be and that this certain someone might be coming back. I just think so. Because it would be cool.

tano

Food Of The Gods:

Feed Me....

"All right, I confess. It is my intention to comandeer a ship, pick up a crew in Tortuga, to rape, pillage, plunder and otherwise pilfer my weasely black guts out." -Captain Jack Sparrow

"The trouble with unknown enemies is that they are so difficult to identify." -Amelia Peabody Emerson

"Most people obey the orders of someone who is pointing a gun at their head." -A.P. Emerson

Old 11-02-2003, 12:42 PM   #47
Elf Girl
Lurker

Okay, I thought I'd drag up this thread and address my previous predictions. (MAJOR spoilers! If you don't like 'em, don't read 'em!)

The predictions in plain text, my comments in italics.

Cornelius fudge goes the same ways as Barty Crouch, Sr. Percy follows, but he's a Weasly, so he doesn't die, and he sees the light in the end.
Dead right, although we don't know the last bit yet, and Fudge doesn't die. (yet)

Ron/Hermione, of course. Victor Krum dies in the fifth book to allow this.
Nope, not yet. I have hopes for the sixth, though.

Aunt Petunia is a witch who rejected going to Hogwarts.
I think this is quite likely, what with the stuff in the first chapter. Maybe she even went to Hogwarts!

Harrry is related to the Weaslys. (Ruling out Harry/Ginny.)
Still think it's quite possible.

Harry is the heir to Voldemort.
Less likely now that we know about the prophecy.

Colin Creevy dies to save Harry.
Still think this'll happen.

Neville does something extremely foolish, like attacking Voldemort, but survives.
Again, still possible.

SNAPE GETS THE DARK ARTS JOB!
I'm waiting for the seventh book for this, but I'm pretty sure it'll happen.

Gilderoy Lockhart reenters the story, messes things up.
Kind of right. Although it was only a cameo, I think it's to remind us that he's around... so we don't forget him when he comes back.

Voldemort is defeated by the fact that Harry's blood runs in his veins.
Still believe it!

I also have a new prediction... remember how Neville broke his wand at the end of OotP? I think it's his wand that's been making him such a bad wizard, so when he gets his new wand, he'll be a great wizard.

Last edited by Elf Girl : 11-02-2003 at 08:43 PM.
Elf Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2003, 01:49 PM   #48
Sween
im quite stupid

I think the angle that she has been trying to get around to is basically because of the way Voldermort attacked Harry when he was a kid there lifes are linked. Dont forget to come back to life Voldermort used Harrys blood and Wormtounges blood (the latter i think been more important as he is in debt to Harry i think this may very well come into play)! Dumbledor said as much when harry said this to him at the end of the 3rd book. I have also allways felt this linked in with the gleam of trumpth in his eye remark! Dumbledor knows how to get rid of vldermort but he isnt telling anyone yet.

As for Harry dieing in the end i think this likley his life just seems too linked with voldermort and i can see him undergoing a lot of trauma to get rid of him. Very much a la frodo.

Aunt Petunia is a character that facinates me and i think she will come into play a lot more and obvosoly has a lot to hide.

I can see Voldermort attacking other peoples family i think he wont nessarly target the students themselves. But people like Hermonies perents would be a good target and in with what he used to do. Muggle killing seems to be of been his hobby. I personally would like this anglke very much its nice and dark and would really set things up well.

As for the whole Ron/Harminy thing they are getting a bit older now i think they should start been a bit more mature. This is a bit of a failing of the books in my opinion the main character dont seem to be getting ne more mature compared to how the older charater were played in the earlier books!

Im sure there loads of other stuff to go into the books but my head hurts
Old 11-02-2003, 02:59 PM   #49
eowyngirl14
i don't know what i am talking about either, so don't ask

personaly i think that Voldie is going to kill harry. by hitting him in the head or something nonmagical like that. ya, voldie is going to get so fed up at lookign at Harry's scar he is goign to throw a couldren at harry wich knocks him out. then Harry dies.

ron and luna are going to go out, not ron and hermione (that idiot)

'Then I will die as one of them' -Aragorn TTT movie

“They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety”
- Benjamin Franklin

arms are made for hugging

avatar from the avatar shop! made by Eowyn, Lady of Rohan
eowyngirl14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2003, 03:47 PM   #50
Tanoliel
Eccentric Chocolate Crow

Interesting points, Elf Girl....

I have to say I still think it's going to be Ron/Hermione, simply because they bicker SO much...it's pretty obvious. I think if Luna were to end up with one of the trio it would be Harry...but I also have a hard time seeing Harry with anyone at all, because of all his life problems, not to be so dramatic, but they set him apart.
I see him and Luna getting closer as friends--they seem like the type to get along like that.

Aunt Petunia...definetly something going on there. I expect there is some fear of herself in her fear of wizards...

I still believe that Neville will become increasingly important--
he already did; remember he was with the "special people" at the end of Bk 5, the trio and Luna and him!
So I think he'll be very important in the final big Harry-Voldie fight.

I doubt JK will kill off Harry...the kind of author she is, it just doesn't seem quite like her from what I've seen of her books.

I would not at all be suprised if one or both of Hermione's parents died at the hand of Voldie. This could be the event that brings Ron and Hermione together--and hopefully make them a little more mature, too.

Right. I shall stop babbling now...all I want to know is how long do we have to wait to find all this out?

Tano

Food Of The Gods:

Feed Me....

Old 11-02-2003, 04:08 PM   #51
eowyngirl14
i don't know what i am talking about either, so don't ask

Quote:
Originally posted by Tanoliel

I would not at all be suprised if one or both of Hermione's parents died at the hand of Voldie. This could be the event that brings Ron and Hermione together--and hopefully make them a little more mature, too.

Right. I shall stop babbling now...all I want to know is how long do we have to wait to find all this out?

Tano
i wouldnt mind if ron and hermione ended up together that way.. that would be kinda nice. good question!, how long DO we have to wait?

'Then I will die as one of them' -Aragorn TTT movie

“They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety”
- Benjamin Franklin

arms are made for hugging

avatar from the avatar shop! made by Eowyn, Lady of Rohan
eowyngirl14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2003, 05:38 PM   #52
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

What were your predictions and comments from Elf Girl? A fan fic?

Speaking of fan fics, there's a really good one at The Sugar Quill (www.sugarquill.net) called After the End.
Quote:
Old 11-02-2003, 08:41 PM   #53
Elf Girl
Lurker

They were from earlier in the thread. I made them myself when we were discussing what we thought would happen.

There is another thread for fanfiction here. Let's try to stay on topic, shall we?
Elf Girl is offline   Reply With Quote