Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 01-27-2004, 04:12 AM   #41
Jonathan
Entmoot Attorney-General,
Equilibrating the Scales of Justice, Administrator

Beor, I wondered - How does an ordinary day look like for you? Like, what time do you usually get up? Do you go on patrols and stuff? How much do you get to talk to the civil population?

I too think about you, stay safe
An unwritten post is a delightful universe of infinite possibilities. Set down one word, however, and it immediately becomes earthbound. Set down one sentence and it’s halfway to being just like every other bloody entry that’s ever been written.
Jonathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2004, 12:09 PM   #42
Beor
founder of the color blue

Well, I got moved to the headquartes platoon, so I dont really do a whole lot of patrols anymore. I do raids sometimes, but not too much. Every week, however, we meet with some of the locals, well, the commander does, and all of us just pull security and talk to the kids. Its cool. I usually get up at 6:30 to go running, and take the day as it goes. Like right now, there is a series of scantily clad women dancing on the bottom right corner of the screen who got there by some unknown means, and its driving me crazy. I cant figure out how to get rid of them.

Thanks to you too, Jonathan
Old 01-31-2004, 09:36 AM   #43
Beor

Well, I just wanted to share this, because its kindof crazy.

I woke up last night from this wierd dream that I dont really remember, to the sound of mortars whistling down at our camp. It was wierd, because the mortars seemed more like a dream than the dream did, and I shrugged them off. I woke up this morning, and found out that they were actually hitting near the camp, and everyone was going nuts about them. It was really strange. I dont like getting shot at by mortars in my sleep (or when I'm awake, I'd imaging)

Other than that, everything's cool.
Old 01-31-2004, 02:08 PM   #44
Valandil
High King at Annuminas Administrator

Oh man... keep your armor on Beor!
Valandil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2004, 03:31 AM   #45
Beor

Yeah, after that they made us, as if it wasnt already too late. I went on a patrol the next morning, no one seems to know who did it...

But in other news, everything has been going good so far today. No problems yet, so that's good.

Thanks for the concern, O High King at Annuminas (Sp?)
Old 02-01-2004, 09:09 AM   #46
Radagast
Elven Warrior

What rank are you, Beor?
And bid the sickness cease;
And when your goal is nearest
(The end for others sought)
Watch sloth and heathen folly
Bring all your hope to nought.
Radagast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2004, 03:15 PM   #47
Beor

I am a Sergeant
Old 02-10-2004, 04:06 AM   #48
jerseydevil
I am Freddie/UNDERCOVER/ Founder of The Great Continent of Entmoot

Beor - I was just wondering if you heard about the Al Qaeda letter that was found on heading off to Afganistan last month. It was just released now. I was wondering what you thought of it.

Quote:
Call to War
Document Solicits Aid From Al Qaeda in Iraq; Seeks to Start Civil War

By Martha Raddatz

Feb. 9 — A 17-page document obtained by the United States provides an extraordinary window into the resistance against U.S. forces in Iraq. It outlines a plan for driving American forces from Iraq and issues an appeal to al Qaeda leadership for help in that rebellion.

Senior officials tell ABCNEWS the document was written by Abu Musab al-Zarqawi, the man the United States suspects of planning a number of devastating bombings in Iraq, including the one at the U.N. headquarters in Baghdad.

U.S. officials have been tracking Zarqawi for the last three years. They believe he fled the U.S. bombing of al Qaeda camps in Afghanistan, then moved to Iran and finally Iraq.

Intelligence officials in Britain and France say Zarqawi had a hand in a thwarted plan to use the chemical poison ricin, produced by his followers in northern Iraq.

He is considered by the United States to be a "high value target." Sources tell ABCNEWS that Secretary of State Colin Powell today approved doubling the award for his capture to $10 million.

The document, which was on a CD, was found in the belongings of Hasan Ghul, who was captured on the Iran-Iraq border last month.

Officials believe Ghul, who they describe as an al Qaeda facilitator, was on his way to Afghanistan to deliver the CD to a senior al Qaeda leader whom they identified as Abdullah Khan.

The document is undated, but officials believe it was written a few months ago.

‘This Is Suffocation’

The document reads like an annual report. There is little flourish, just a cold assessment of what the writer believes is going well in Iraq and what is not.

It reads: "There is no doubt that our field of movement is shrinking and the grip around the throat of the mujahedeen has begun to tighten. With the spread of the army and police, our future is becoming frightening."

The writer says he is having a difficult time gathering forces. "Iraq has no mountains in which to seek refuge, or forest in which to hide."

And the writer concedes, "Our enemy is growing stronger day after day, and its intelligence information increases. By God, this is suffocation."

At the same time, the writer talks of success, claiming credit for all of what he calls the "martyrdom operations."

"I have completed 25 of these operations," he says, but adds, "America, however, has no intention of leaving, no matter how many wounded nor how bloody it becomes."

The only solution, says the writer, is to strike the Shiite Muslims — hitting religious, military and other cadres so that they revolt against the Sunnis, and take the nation to battle.

"It is clearly a plan on the part of outsiders to come in this country and spark civil war, create sectarian violence, and try to expose the fissures in this society," says U.S. Brig. Gen. Mark Kimmitt.

Identifying Enemy Groups

The writer identifies three other "enemy" groups.

About Americans, he writes, "As you know, these are the biggest cowards that God has created and the easiest target."

He calls the Kurds "a pain and a thorn … it is not time yet to deal with they."

And of the Iraqi troops, police and agents, the writer says, "We are determined to target them with force in the near future, before their power strengthens."

"They describe the weaknesses they have in their efforts to undercut the coalition's efforts, but at the same time, it shows they haven't given up," says Secretary of State Colin Powell.

The writer has a suggested time for the execution of the plan — four months before the transition to a new Iraqi government, planned for the end of June.

"We believe the report and document is credible, and we take the report seriously," says Kimmitt, "and we take the threat seriously, as well."

Quote:
Seeking Al Qaeda's Help
Excerpts From Intercepted Document

Feb. 9 — Following are excerpts from a document seized from an al Qaeda courier on the Iran-Iraq border in January. U.S. officials believe the document was written by suspected al Qaeda operative Abu Musab al-Zarqawi and intended for an al Qaeda leader in Afghanistan, Abdullah Khan. ABCNEWS' Martha Raddatz was shown the Arabic-language document and a translation provided by U.S. officials.

What is preventing us from making a general call to arms is the fact that the country of Iraq has no mountains, in which to seek refuge, or forest, in which to hide. Our presence is apparent, and our movement is out in the open. Eyes are everywhere....

There is no doubt that Americans' losses were significant because they are spread thin amongst the people and because it is easy to get weapons. This is a fact that makes them easy targets, attractive for the believers....

There is not doubt that our field or movement is shrinking and the grip around the throat of the Mujahedeen has begun to tighten. With the spread of the army and police, our future is becoming frightening....

We were involved in all the martyrdom operations — in terms of overseeing, preparing, and planning — that took place in this country except for the operations that took place in the North. Praise be to Allah. I have completed 25 of these operations, some of them against the Shi'a and their leaders, the Americans and their military, the police, the military, and the coalition forces. There will be more in the future, God willing....

Our enemy is growing stronger day after day, and its intelligence information increases....

Our situation demands that we treat the issue with courage and clarity. So the solution, and God only knows, is that we need to bring the Shi'a into the battle because it is the only way to prolong the duration of the fight between the infidels and us....

So I say again, the only solution is to strike the religious, military, and other cadres of the Shi'a so that they revolt against the Sunnis. … Souls will perish and blood will be spilled. This is however, exactly what we want, as there is nothing to win or lose in our situation. The Shi'a destroyed the balance, and the religion of God is worth more than lives....

The enemies are the Americans, police and army … As far as the Shi'a, we will undertake suicide operations and use car bombs to harm them....

The suggested time for execution: We are hoping that we will soon start working on creating squads and brigades of individuals who have experience and expertise. We have to get to the zero-hour in order to openly begin controlling the land by night and after that by day, god willing. The zero-hour needs to be at least four months before the new government gets in place.

For other info...
Document appears to seek al Qaeda help in Iraq - CNN

[EDIT] I just wanted to say good job by the way. Maybe we are finally teaching Al Qaeda - you screw with America - you better be prepared to pay the price,

"The only thing better than a great plan is implementing a great plan" - JerseyDevil

"If everyone agreed with me all the time, everything would be just fine"- JerseyDevil

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

Memorial to the Twin Towers
New Jersey Map
Fellowship of the Messageboard
Legend of the Jersey Devil
Support New Jersey's Liberty Tower
Peacefire.org

AboutNewJersey.com - New Jersey
Travel and Tourism Guide

Last edited by jerseydevil : 02-10-2004 at 04:11 AM.
jerseydevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2004, 04:18 AM   #49
Beor

I think its funny how he calls all Americans cowards, yet he is the one hiding. He fails to understand that we may be the easiest targets, but we bite back. I'm glad he feels like he is suffocating, hopefully, he will.

Maybe before answering this "call to war" the people will remember what we did to the al'quieda (screw the spelling) in Afghanistan and what we did to ol' Saddam here in Iraq.

bring it on, bitch (not you, JD, this crazy arab).
Old 02-10-2004, 04:24 AM   #50
jerseydevil
I am Freddie/UNDERCOVER/ Founder of The Great Continent of Entmoot

Quote:
Originally posted by Beor
I think its funny how he calls all Americans cowards, yet he is the one hiding. He fails to understand that we may be the easiest targets, but we bite back. I'm glad he feels like he is suffocating, hopefully, he will.

Maybe before answering this "call to war" the people will remember what we did to the al'quieda (screw the spelling) in Afghanistan and what we did to ol' Saddam here in Iraq.

bring it on, bitch (not you, JD, this crazy arab).
You know Bush got into a lot of trouble for saying something similar - but I knew what he was saying. We're tough and we're NOT backing down.

In case you didn't see my edit above - because I think you were posting this as I put in my edit.

I just wanted to say good job by the way. Maybe we are finally teaching Al Qaeda - you screw with America, you better be prepared to pay the price.

I hope they all get squeezed and sophocated out of existence. The only way to do that is to fight back. We can't just hide and hope that the terrorists will just go away.

Stay safe.

"The only thing better than a great plan is implementing a great plan" - JerseyDevil

"If everyone agreed with me all the time, everything would be just fine"- JerseyDevil

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

Memorial to the Twin Towers
New Jersey Map
Fellowship of the Messageboard
Legend of the Jersey Devil
Support New Jersey's Liberty Tower
Peacefire.org

AboutNewJersey.com - New Jersey
Travel and Tourism Guide

Last edited by jerseydevil : 02-10-2004 at 04:26 AM.
jerseydevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2004, 02:09 PM   #51
Lalaith_Elf
Her Infernal Majesty

Thinking about you man! Stay safe.

I know too many people out there......
"It is a good viewpoint to see the world as a dream. When you have something like a nightmare, you will wake up and tell yourself that it was only a dream. It is said that the world we live in is not a bit different from this." - Yamamoto Tsunetomo
Lalaith_Elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2004, 02:23 PM   #52
Beor

Yeah, I felt the fury, this guy is hiding and calling me a coward? Screw him. That is my opinion, and should not be considered the policy of the US government (had to say that to cover my...uh...behind )

Anyway, I am doing my best to stay safe, and I thank you all for your concern. It means alot to the guys that people care and acknowledge that we are doing a good job. It is very appriciated.
Old 02-23-2004, 02:07 PM   #53
Beor

Hey, dont know if anyone wants to know, but we have been doing some more raids lately, and we have been finding lots of weapons caches and stuff like that, and apprehending our targets. We are doing a good job, I guess, and things are going good (though I am quite tired, out till two last night, then got woke up at three (this is AM, as in two in the morning on the 23rd) to go do another raid.). Other than the exhaustion though, everything is going good. I cant wait to get out of here. About 57 days now...hopefully.
Old 02-23-2004, 02:18 PM   #54
Valandil

Thanks for the update... and keep up the good work! It was heartening in a way to see that intercepted document a few posts up... to see that the opposition is feeling strangled. It's also good that it went public... it shows the Iraqi people and the rest of the world how little those opposition fighters care about the Iraqi people - or other Moslems. They're quite willing to kill as many of them as necessary to turn the country against America! To me that makes it apparent that this 'resistance' is likely spear-headed by foreign agitators... rather than Iraqis.

Are most of the 'targets' you apprehend native Iraqis though? I expect the majority of the actual combatants would be... but wonder about the make-up of the leadership...

Tales of Nolduryon
Visitors Come to Court

Ñ á ë ?* ó ú é ä ï ö Ö ñ É Þ ð ß ® ™

[Xurl=Xhttp://entmoot.tolkientrail.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=ABCXYZ#postABCXYZ]text[/Xurl]

Splitting Threads is SUCH Hard Work!!
Old 02-23-2004, 02:22 PM   #55
Beor

Yes, most if not all the bad guys that my company apprehends are Iraqi, as far as I know. They are the guys that just take pot-shots at convoys or set up IED's (Improvised Explosive Devices) to blow us or their own people to hell. As far as leadership goes, I really couldnt tell you. My job stops at detaining them, after that we send them off to the interrogator and I never see them again (not like I would really want to). We have captured quite a few IED makers, and I can tell the difference. Nothing has exploded lately, which is cool.

By the way, welcome to the Sister Golden Hair for President Campaign. I am Foreign Minister Beor, and I just want to say it is an honor to have you on the team.
Old 02-23-2004, 02:45 PM   #56
Beruthiel's cat
mystical divinity of Unashamed Felinity

Location: New York's beautiful North Coast -- we're all mad here!!!
Please add me to your list of well-wishers, Beor! I can't imagine what it's like being far away from home having to do a job that isn't always pleasant but is very necessary.

I'm hopeful that you will be coming home soon. Have you made the millitary a career?

Like so many others, I have a family member (nephew) in the Reserves (Naval). He will be going to San Diego next month for some intensive training. There has been no word on whether he will be called up at any time soon, but he is very proud to be able to serve.

Take care of yourself. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

"Never try to out-stubborn a cat!" -- R. Heinlein

~~~~~~~~~

"But I don't want to be among mad people, " Alice remarked.
"Oh, but you can't help that," said the Cat; "We're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here." ~~ Lewis Carroll

~~~~~~~~~~~

Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana...
Beruthiel's cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2004, 02:47 PM   #57
Beor

Thank you for your concern and appriciation of the situation here. I am glad you view it as necessary, it makes us all feel alot better when people actually eppriciate what we do.

Yes, the military is my career of choice, and I do enjoy it, even though it has its downsides.

I will only be here for 57 more days! YEE-HAW!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-23-2004, 03:13 PM   #58
Valandil

Quote:
Originally posted by Beor
By the way, welcome to the Sister Golden Hair for President Campaign. I am Foreign Minister Beor, and I just want to say it is an honor to have you on the team.
Thank you! Honestly, I was quite happy to hear about the 'team' already in place that I was joining!

Tales of Nolduryon
Visitors Come to Court

Ñ á ë ?* ó ú é ä ï ö Ö ñ É Þ ð ß ® ™

[Xurl=Xhttp://entmoot.tolkientrail.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=ABCXYZ#postABCXYZ]text[/Xurl]

Splitting Threads is SUCH Hard Work!!
Old 02-23-2004, 03:16 PM   #59
Beor

Yes, it is a fine team, made only finer by your eager and dedicated participation.
Old 02-27-2004, 07:27 AM   #60
Beor

Here's a picture I thought you'd all get a kick out of. Special thanks to JD for giving me a place to hang it, rather than having to cut it down to 10,000 bytes.

http://my.hsonline.net/~rrosetta/ent...verCar_sml.jpg