Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-18-2005, 04:28 PM   #1
Insidious Rex
Quasi Evil

Israeli Territory Pull Outs

What are peoples thoughts on whats going on in Israel right now with the settlements being evacuated and given back to the Palestinians? I think it’s the right thing to do although I can sympathize with those who have been told to leave their homes that they’ve known in some cases for decades. But the cost of protecting a small number of settlers on the outskirts of a land surrounded by literally millions of Palestinians is becoming too high and a gesture of peace like this by a hard liner like Sheron during a time of a (hopefully) more centrist shift in Palestinian politics with the recent election of Abas seems on all sides to be the best choice to make. What do others here feel about it? I particularly post this here because we have some Israeli board members and would like their perspective on this. Ive heard plenty from us loud mouth Americans on it.

"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere."
Insidious Rex is offline   Reply With Quote