Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 03-13-2003, 10:12 PM   #41
crickhollow
The Buckleberry Fairy/Captain

Shadowfax, I'm going to post that one on my bulliten board. And I'm also going to quote it the next time someone asks why the heck I'm a History major.
crickhollow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2003, 10:28 PM   #42
Shadowfax
The Fleet-Footed

Crickhollow: too cool! That is by far my favourite quotation by anyone. Wanna know how I found it? It was 3 years ago, and I was sitting in my grade 8 Social Studies class (first week of school), withing I didn't have to learn "stupid ancient history stuff", and I was looking around the classroom and this quotation was written out on a poster on the wall, and I was just like, "Oh my goodness, that poster is talking right to ME!" Was kinda scary but it was like an epiphany in my life, yeah, at the ripe old age of 13 no doubt. And I absolutely loved learning that class and all the history classes I've taken since then! (my favourite periods by far though are the Anglo-Saxon and Early Middle Ages ).

"To remain ignorant of things that happened before you were born is to remain a child" (Cicero, 106-43 B.C.)

"Art is a lie which makes us realize the truth" (Picasso)
Shadowfax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2003, 10:33 PM   #43
Insidious Rex
Quasi Evil

It reminds me of the Robert Heinlien quote: "A generation which ignores history has no past and no future."

"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere."
Insidious Rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2003, 04:51 AM   #44
Baby-K
Corruptor

Quote:
Originally posted by Coney
Infamy....From Dunadain in the Iraq thread

Being objectional is a hard taskmaster

Stiill a good quote tho'

How do I live with someone not acknowlegedging me
What exactly did you reply to him? (SGH deleted the flame bait) - PM me if needed (don't want them to stalk you to this thread & cause another scene)

I've been wondering about it (how you could live knowing that someone is not acknowledging you), came to the conclusion that I have no idea, but I'm sure that you will find a way to plod on through your now mundane existence (the rolleyes are not directed at you btw, it's my squint eye after the hemp incident)
Old 03-14-2003, 05:01 AM   #45
crickhollow
The Buckleberry Fairy/Captain

Quote:
Originally posted by Shadowfax
Crickhollow: too cool! That is by far my favourite quotation by anyone. Wanna know how I found it? It was 3 years ago, and I was sitting in my grade 8 Social Studies class (first week of school), withing I didn't have to learn "stupid ancient history stuff", and I was looking around the classroom and this quotation was written out on a poster on the wall, and I was just like, "Oh my goodness, that poster is talking right to ME!" Was kinda scary but it was like an epiphany in my life, yeah, at the ripe old age of 13 no doubt. And I absolutely loved learning that class and all the history classes I've taken since then! (my favourite periods by far though are the Anglo-Saxon and Early Middle Ages ).
Fun times! I guess I can't say that i have a favorite time period, because it changes with each new class I take. Right now I'm taking Late Medieval, and Reformation History. Interesting stuff...
crickhollow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2003, 06:56 AM   #46
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

Location: Mirkwood, well actually I live in North-west Scania, Sweden
I have one quote:

Seek and Ye shall find. (whenever someone asks for the whereabouts of a particular item).
Grey_Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2003, 12:40 PM   #47
Coney
The Buddy Rabbit

Quote:
(don't want them to stalk you to this thread & cause another scene)
Y'know I always wanted my own stalker(s).........I had rather hoped that they would hide behind a hedge and spy on me, not resort to playground name calling

Quote:
but I'm sure that you will find a way to plod on through your now mundane existence
Yep, life will be a lot more shallow now......somehow tho', I think I'll survive

Quote:
Anything that doesn't kill you makes you stronger.......anything that does kill you makes strength irrelevant

Beatallica
Coney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2003, 12:57 PM   #48
Hasty Ent
Elf Lord

Someone I knew a long time ago (sadly, now dead) used to say (not to me, thank god!):

I am so miserable without you, it's almost as if you were here.
Old 03-14-2003, 01:01 PM   #49
congressmn
Incharge: neighbourhood security

Quote:
Originally posted by Hasty Ent
Someone I knew a long time ago (sadly, now dead) used to say (not to me, thank god!):

I am so miserable without you, it's almost as if you were here.

haha good one.

Quote:

A man's ego is the fountainhead of success
- AYn Rand
Old 03-14-2003, 05:51 PM   #50
Coney
The Buddy Rabbit

By crickhollow on the I Don't Like this Site thread (now closed)

Quote:
all together, now:

PADLOCK!!!

By Sween on the If You Had a Horse in ME, What Would You Call It? thread.

Quote:
Batman!
I'm guessing that Sween had been sampling a pint or three that night

Beatallica
Old 03-14-2003, 06:00 PM   #51
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

A couple off the top of my head...

Sometimes I sits and thinks, and sometimes I just sits...

(supposedly the title of a country music song) - If You're Gonna Leave Me, Can I Go With You?

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!
Rían is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2003, 02:38 AM   #52
Shadowfax
The Fleet-Footed

"To remain ignorant of things that happened before you were born is to remain a child" (Cicero, 106-43 B.C.)

Shadowfax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2003, 04:06 AM   #53
jerseydevil
I am Freddie/UNDERCOVER/ Founder of The Great Continent of Entmoot

Quote:
Originally posted by Baby-K
What exactly did you reply to him? (SGH deleted the flame bait) - PM me if needed (don't want them to stalk you to this thread & cause another scene)
Who's stalking?

Coney - you could only be so lucky. I've posted that BoP was kissing up to the Admins before when she'd start acting like mod. That didn't cause such an uproar.

Anyway - a quote I have taped on my monitor "A friend asks only for your time, not your money." <- I have that to remind myself. I seem to forget too many times.

"The only thing better than a great plan is implementing a great plan" - JerseyDevil

"If everyone agreed with me all the time, everything would be just fine"- JerseyDevil

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

Memorial to the Twin Towers
New Jersey Map
Fellowship of the Messageboard
Legend of the Jersey Devil
Support New Jersey's Liberty Tower
Peacefire.org

AboutNewJersey.com - New Jersey
Travel and Tourism Guide

jerseydevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2003, 09:20 AM   #54
Coney
The Buddy Rabbit

Quote:
Originally posted by jerseydevil
Who's stalking?

Coney - you could only be so lucky. I've posted that BoP was kissing up to the Admins before when she'd start acting like mod. That didn't cause such an uproar.

Anyway - a quote I have taped on my monitor "A friend asks only for your time, not your money." <- I have that to remind myself. I seem to forget too many times.
*sigh* these little snipes you keep taking are getting very boring JD...you insulted me, I took offence, get over it.

From Renille's signature

Quote:
Are you sure that gullibility is in the dictionary?

Beatallica
Old 03-15-2003, 09:36 AM   #55
#1AragornLover
Sapling

My fav. Quotes

I have a TON of fav. quotes, but one of them is, "If you want him, come and claim him!" I like the love scene also. "Do you remember when we first met?" "Yes, I thought I strayed into a dream..." Ahhh....love....
D - Daring Aragorn
E - Especially Aragorn
F - Fast Aragorn
G - Go Aragorn!
H - Hott Aragorn
I - Indestructable Aragorn
J - Jentle Aragorn (I no hwo too speel)
K - Kingly Aragorn
L - Loving Aragorn
M - Manly Aragorn
N - Noble Aragorn
O - Oooh-la-la Aragorn
P - Precious Aragorn
Q - Quiet Aragorn
R - Ranger Aragorn
S - Strider A.K.A. Aragorn
T - Thoughtful Aragorn
U - Unbeatable Aragorn
V - Victorious Aragorn
W - Winning Aragorn
X - X-hilirating Aragorn
Y - Young Aragorn
Z - Zippy Aragorn

P.S. If you hadn't noticed, I love Aragorn
#1AragornLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2003, 01:58 PM   #56
jerseydevil

Quote:
*sigh* these little snipes you keep taking are getting very boring JD...you insulted me, I took offence, get over it.
I am over it - I was over it the moment it happened - it's just that it seems that EVERY thread someone brings it up - and then you have snide comment to make. Do you really think I won't comment on your little "snipes"?

If you didn't want me to respond then don't comment on the "situtation" with things like this -

Quote:
Y'know I always wanted my own stalker(s).........I had rather hoped that they would hide behind a hedge and spy on me, not resort to playground name calling

"The only thing better than a great plan is implementing a great plan" - JerseyDevil

"If everyone agreed with me all the time, everything would be just fine"- JerseyDevil

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

New Jersey Map
Peacefire.org

Travel and Tourism Guide

Last edited by jerseydevil : 03-15-2003 at 01:59 PM.
Old 03-15-2003, 04:05 PM   #57
Coney
The Buddy Rabbit

Quote:
Originally posted by jerseydevil
I am over it - I was over it the moment it happened - it's just that it seems that EVERY thread someone brings it up - and then you have snide comment to make. Do you really think I won't comment on your little "snipes"?

If you didn't want me to respond then don't comment on the "situtation" with things like this -
OK, one last thing then I'm through with this little wotsit.

JD, Dunadain's name was mentioned. not your's.....or are you two joined at the hip now?

I used the term stalker(s).....if you automatically associate that with yourself, that's your problem. (the actual stalking is happening through email, dunno who it is yet tho'....not a nickname I recognise....this has happened before and was the facilitating facter for my name change from Osszie to Coney)

Since the Iraq thread closed I've been subject to direct insult and quite a few derogatory comments from you (the direct insult being the result of an Admin agreeing with me....then you had the nerve to blame the fact that you insulted me on the fact that Khamul quoted me).

I really thought that you had more respect for the 'moot than the way you have been behaving *shrugs*.

Like I said in another thread. The Iraq thread closed, get over it and have some fun on the 'moot

Quote:
Pro-noia, the feeling of dread you get when someone is actually trying to help you

Beatallica
Old 03-15-2003, 04:17 PM   #58
jerseydevil

Quote:
OK, one last thing then I'm through with this little wotsit.

JD, Dunadain's name was mentioned. not your's.....or are you two joined at the hip now?

I used the term stalker(s).....if you automatically associate that with yourself, that's your problem. (the actual stalking is happening through email, dunno who it is yet tho'....not a nickname I recognise....this has happened before and was the facilitating facter for my name change from Osszie to Coney)
Well that's not me - I can assure you.
Quote:

Since the Iraq thread closed I've been subject to direct insult and quite a few derogatory comments from you (the direct insult being the result of an Admin agreeing with me....then you had the nerve to blame the fact that you insulted me on the fact that Khamul quoted me).
Can't really help it if you took it seriously. I suggest you just take it as the joke it was meant to be. It's a fifth grader comments which I thought most adults would have gotten over by at least the 8th grade. I already said I was sorry if it offended you - I'm not going to grovel for your forgiveness.
Quote:

I really thought that you had more respect for the 'moot than the way you have been behaving *shrugs*.
I have plenty of respect for the moot. Good thing you weren't around for the two pranks I participated in last year - you would have really have been pissed.
Quote:

Like I said in another thread. The Iraq thread closed, get over it and have some fun on the 'moot
I am over it - just trying to have some fun now.

If you want to continue to comment on this - then use PM. No sense in carrying this over to every thread we're in.

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

New Jersey Map
Peacefire.org

Travel and Tourism Guide

Last edited by jerseydevil : 03-15-2003 at 04:20 PM.
Old 03-15-2003, 04:19 PM   #59
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

Geez, Coney, is someone actually sending you obnoxious anonymous emails? That's really sick (and sad)

No wonder people are chary about the Internet....

And actually, the Khamul thing was the post that made me think that JD was actually kidding around, and that's the post that made me think it was a cultural thing. To me, an American, that post really indicated that it was teasing, because it was so obviously wrong that Khamul had any blame in the matter. I saw you didn't take it that way, tho, so I thought maybe this is just a cultural-joking-style misunderstanding, if that makes sense.

Can you guys just chalk it up to that? Maybe I should stay out of this, but I like Entmoot so much, and you both are great posters, and being a middle child, I like to help patch things up. I can't stand misunderstandings

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Last edited by Rían : 03-15-2003 at 04:21 PM.
Old 03-15-2003, 04:41 PM   #60
Rían

And back on-topic -

I love crickhollow's quote from A. A. Milne (the writer of Winnie the Pooh) - "One of the advantages of being disorderly is that one is constantly making exciting discoveries."