Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Lord of the Rings Movies
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 03-11-2002, 07:03 PM   #41
Gorhiriel
Elven Warrior

FInding Frodo

If that orc hurts Frodo, or Sam, I will personally slaughter him WITH MY OWN HANDS!!!
Maybe Sam will just know where to find him...

BOROMIR LIVES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"And anon shall I Sail into the West: with the setting sun I shall remove my light from this world..."
Gorhiriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2002, 12:36 AM   #42
samwise of the shire
Radically Tolkienited

Location: If home is where the heart is, and my heart is in heaven...that should answer your question. <+><
Quote:
ur not keen 4 lij to get his kit off then sam?
NO! To tell the truth it's embaressing for me to even READ about it in the BOOKS, and I think that to see my favorite actor possibly naked on screen is going to send me to the hospital because of the shock. Besides why throw away those clothes. I think he is DARNED cute with those breeches and he looks possitivly HOT in his party outfit. But then so do all the hobbits. Even Merry in his plaid waiscoat looked absoballylutly charming and VERY good looking.
Sam
ps. I couldn't agree with you more Gohiriel. Actually maybe we should go to New Zealand and find out if the orc hurts Frodo and THEN maybe find out if they're still doing the scene and then maybe hurt him THEN. SOunds good when do we go? :P
~J.R.R Tolkien
Radically Saved, Totally Tolkienited
GOD...
BLESS...
AMERICA...

Last edited by samwise of the shire : 03-12-2002 at 12:38 AM.
samwise of the shire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2002, 02:05 AM   #43
Tanoliel
Eccentric Chocolate Crow

I agree, Sam, those outfits were adorable. What IS it about little guys with curly hair in old english clothing that makes us love 'em so darned much?
I personally don't care what he's wearing, I just want the SONG!
-tano

Food Of The Gods:
3,7-dihydro-3,7-dimethyl-1H-purine-2,6-dione

Feed Me....

Another Online Dwelling Place...

"All right, I confess. It is my intention to comandeer a ship, pick up a crew in Tortuga, to rape, pillage, plunder and otherwise pilfer my weasely black guts out." -Captain Jack Sparrow

"The trouble with unknown enemies is that they are so difficult to identify." -Amelia Peabody Emerson

"Most people obey the orders of someone who is pointing a gun at their head." -A.P. Emerson

Tanoliel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2002, 09:16 AM   #44
Aragorns Dimple
Enting

I feel confident that PJ won't show us ANY of Elijah nekkie, as this would up the rating from PG-15 to at least an M, and he wants the Christmas break kiddie dollar as well as the Tolkien Fan dollar.

I've never heard Sean Astin sing...will it be audible torture? Or will Arwen over-dub the singing bits, since there is no possible way PJ could magically teleport her over to Cirith Ungol in a believable way.
Old 03-12-2002, 09:43 PM   #45
Tanoliel
Eccentric Chocolate Crow

I haven't heard Sean Astin sing...I haven't really heard any of em sing, which is one thing I miss, is the songs and stuff. But if Arwen is any way connected with that scene I swear I will lead the march myself. Yargh.
-tano

Food Of The Gods:

Feed Me....

"All right, I confess. It is my intention to comandeer a ship, pick up a crew in Tortuga, to rape, pillage, plunder and otherwise pilfer my weasely black guts out." -Captain Jack Sparrow

"The trouble with unknown enemies is that they are so difficult to identify." -Amelia Peabody Emerson

"Most people obey the orders of someone who is pointing a gun at their head." -A.P. Emerson

Old 03-12-2002, 10:38 PM   #46
Lanelf
Elven Warrior

Gollum

*Sniff* Poor li'l hobbits!!!
________
A small, cute frog bursts into tears at the thought of that section of the books.
Lanelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2002, 03:23 PM   #47
eowyn144
Elven Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Tanoliel
But if Arwen is any way connected with that scene I swear I will lead the march myself.
-tano
and i'll be right behind you!
Old 03-15-2002, 04:32 PM   #48
Ërendil
Elven Warrior

and me

"Hehehehe, moeru moeru!"

"That's it, set it all on fire; we're gonna smoke out Escaflowne!"

"Oh, I hit the wrong target... never mind that creature was useless to us anyway. Our orders were to get the girl? So he isn't our concern, we don't need him!"

^_^ Isn't Dilandau just fantastic? You just have to love the insane, murderous pyro :-D
Ërendil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2002, 04:57 PM   #49
Radagast
Elven Warrior

I really liked that scene in Cirith Ungol.
And bid the sickness cease;
And when your goal is nearest
(The end for others sought)
Watch sloth and heathen folly
Bring all your hope to nought.

Last edited by Radagast : 08-05-2004 at 02:32 PM.
Radagast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2002, 05:06 PM   #50
Ërendil
Elven Warrior

To make that scene good it had better include;
The song
Elijah Wood clothed
The song
No mention of Arwen
and finally the song

anything else that i need to add?

"Hehehehe, moeru moeru!"

"That's it, set it all on fire; we're gonna smoke out Escaflowne!"

"Oh, I hit the wrong target... never mind that creature was useless to us anyway. Our orders were to get the girl? So he isn't our concern, we don't need him!"

^_^ Isn't Dilandau just fantastic? You just have to love the insane, murderous pyro :-D
Ërendil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2002, 05:14 PM   #51
eowyn144
Elven Warrior

did ya mention the song?
Old 03-16-2002, 12:28 AM   #52
samwise of the shire
Radically Tolkienited

Location: If home is where the heart is, and my heart is in heaven...that should answer your question. <+><
I think that Billy Boyd has a REALLY nice voice. I've never heard him sing but he plays the bass, guitar, drums, and sings in both bariton AND tenor. To top it all of he's scottish and when you put scottish accents with singing you get some BEAUTIFUL music. Well that is IF the singer knows what he's doing and how to carry a tune.
Sam
~J.R.R Tolkien
GOD...
BLESS...
AMERICA...
Old 03-17-2002, 01:49 AM   #53
Eruviel Greenleaf
Alcoholic Villain-Fancying Elf Pirate

Well, they could dub in the singing. Actually, the whole movie is dubbed, not so's you'd notice. . .

They had better have that song, or I'll--er, yeah. I'll be very sad. Oh, and if they have Arwen have anything to do with that, I'll be marching right beside you, Tano!

I just hope they don't have E.W. naked. . .I really hope not. Okay, I won't die if he doesn't have a shirt on, but anything less. . . Okay, I don't really care. Whatever.

Oh, and about crossing the ford *cough* I mean street, all the cars were fords, I believe

"Whoever has come to understand the world has found only a corpse, and whoever has found a corpse is superior to the world."
-The Gospel of Thomas

SQUAWK!
Eruviel Greenleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2002, 02:35 PM   #54
bropous
EIDRIORCQWSDAKLMED
DCWWTIWOATTOPWFIO

I also saw the "spolier" about the chamber in the tower of Cirith Ungol. Seems that Frodo will be naked, as in the book, and that Sam will give forth a VERY touching scene. I don't wanna see nekkid Frodo but it does sound like it will be a very powerful scene.
"...[The Lord of the Rings] is to exemplify most clearly a recurrent theme: the place in 'world politics' of the unforeseen and unforeseeable acts of will, and deeds of virtue of the apparently small, ungreat, fogotten in the places of the Wise and Great (good as well as evil). A moral of the whole (after the primary symbolism of the Ring, as the will to mere power, seeking to make itself objective by physical force and mechanism, and so also inevitably by lies) is the obvious one that without the high and noble the simple and vulgar is utterly mean; and without the simple and ordinary the noble and heroic is meaningless." Letters of JRR Tolkien, page 160.
bropous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2002, 03:02 PM   #55
samwise of the shire
Radically Tolkienited

Gasp,Choke,Gag, GASP, Hack,gag, blurrggghhh*Keels over and dies. In the background Amazing Grace is playing. Jumps up and scares the heck out of everyone"
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !!! If they show ANYTHING below the equator I'm gonna SCREAM OUT LOUD.
Sam
~J.R.R Tolkien
GOD...
BLESS...
AMERICA...
Old 03-21-2002, 03:19 PM   #56
eowyn144
Elven Warrior

well its hardly likely is it!if its a pg like the last one then they can't show anything anyway.
bit of an extreme reation there though. i know plenty of people that will be screaming .....but probably for sliiightly different reasons
Old 03-21-2002, 08:04 PM   #57
bropous
EIDRIORCQWSDAKLMED
DCWWTIWOATTOPWFIO

Probably a mid-chest shot, and Sam says, "Mr. Frodo! They've taken your clothes!"

But then again, we will have to wait til Return of the King cause this stuff has been bumped back.
"...[The Lord of the Rings] is to exemplify most clearly a recurrent theme: the place in 'world politics' of the unforeseen and unforeseeable acts of will, and deeds of virtue of the apparently small, ungreat, fogotten in the places of the Wise and Great (good as well as evil). A moral of the whole (after the primary symbolism of the Ring, as the will to mere power, seeking to make itself objective by physical force and mechanism, and so also inevitably by lies) is the obvious one that without the high and noble the simple and vulgar is utterly mean; and without the simple and ordinary the noble and heroic is meaningless." Letters of JRR Tolkien, page 160.
bropous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2002, 02:27 AM   #58
Tanoliel
Eccentric Chocolate Crow

I think if they did show anything "below the equator" as Sam says () then they'd have to up the rating considerably, and somehow I don't think they want to lose the audiences...It just doesn't really seem like something they'd do. But it sounds like Sean Astin's gonna shine (yippee! I love that guy!)
Yargh. I am SO annoyed about hwo long I have to wait...
-tano
I am an impatient, selfish girl. Can you tell?

Food Of The Gods:

Feed Me....

Old 03-22-2002, 02:46 AM   #59
Eruviel Greenleaf
Alcoholic Villain-Fancying Elf Pirate

Quote:
Originally posted by Tanoliel

Yargh. I am SO annoyed about hwo long I have to wait...
-tano
I am an impatient, selfish girl. Can you tell?
So am I, Tano! I want TTT now! Oh wait, I want TTT and RotK now, so our question about the tower scene will be answered!

"Whoever has come to understand the world has found only a corpse, and whoever has found a corpse is superior to the world."
-The Gospel of Thomas

SQUAWK!
Eruviel Greenleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2002, 10:28 PM   #60
Lanelf
Elven Warrior

I just want to make sure that the song is there, and Sam. Sam's my favourite!