Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Entertainment Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 05-16-2003, 04:30 AM   #41
Lalaith_Elf
Her Infernal Majesty

YAY i saw jack@ss.... pirate, and i'm getting TTT on mon... yay!!!!
i also just watched monty python.... never gets old
"It is a good viewpoint to see the world as a dream. When you have something like a nightmare, you will wake up and tell yourself that it was only a dream. It is said that the world we live in is not a bit different from this." - Yamamoto Tsunetomo
Old 05-16-2003, 05:48 AM   #42
Lalaith
The Elvish Temptress

Quote:
Originally posted by Lalaith_Elf
YAY i saw jack@ss.... pirate, and i'm getting TTT on mon... yay!!!!
i also just watched monty python.... never gets old
you are getting TTT on monday? How come?
Old 05-16-2003, 06:07 AM   #43
Lalaith_Elf
Her Infernal Majesty

Quote:
Originally posted by Lalaith
you are getting TTT on monday? How come?
pirate dvd.... just until the box set comes out.... i was meant to get it yesterday but my friend wasn't at school and since it was the last day then i'll have to see her when i go in for my exams.... but i'm getting TTT!!!! WOHOOOOO....
"It is a good viewpoint to see the world as a dream. When you have something like a nightmare, you will wake up and tell yourself that it was only a dream. It is said that the world we live in is not a bit different from this." - Yamamoto Tsunetomo
Old 05-16-2003, 11:05 PM   #44
Ornelírë Mistë
Elven Warrior

Movie: The Matrix Reloaded
Response: What the hell?
Not as good as the first. It made me feel really depressed about my life. Hah, gotta love that. I liked the dance scene kinda. I didn't like the speech of Morpheus. Some combat scenes were just too long. Kinda boring.
Better than most movies, though. And hey, it had Hugo Weaving. Yay!!

"Most people never been to Hell," Jacob said.

She looked at him and he could hear the smile in her voice. "And I suppose you have?"
Old 05-17-2003, 10:26 AM   #45
Dreran the Green
Lady of Legends

Just saw Interview with a Vampire. Very cool, no wonder a a bunch of mooters like it. Best thing I've seen in a while, even though its pretty old.

*This is not actually true. The road to Hell is paved with frozen door to door salesmen. On weekends many of the younger demons go ice-skating down it. ~Good Omens
Old 05-17-2003, 06:34 PM   #46
Ragnarok
Rohirrim Warrior

I saw Matrix Reloaded. I was expecting it to be great but it wasn't as good as the first one.
Old 05-18-2003, 07:12 PM   #47
Lady Tinuveil
Elven Warrior

~

I went to the theater to see X2 yesterday,
& I wasn't dissapointed. The next movie on my list...
-Matrix Reloaded ( has anyone heard of the flight of the Osiris?)
Old 05-19-2003, 01:27 AM   #48
IronParrot
Fowl Administrator

In the past two days, I have seen The Matrix Reloaded, Down With Love and X2.

This is the best weekend I've spent in a cinema for such a ridiculously long time, I'm not sure how long it is. I don't think I've ever so thoroughly enjoyed three theatrical releases... in a row.
All of IronParrot's posts are guaranteed to be 100% intelligent and/or sarcastic, comprising no genetically modified content and tested on no cute furry little animals unless the SPCA is looking elsewhere. If you observe a failure to uphold this warranty, please contact a forum administrator immediately to receive a full refund on your Entmoot registration.

Blog: Nick's Café Canadien
Old 05-24-2003, 10:07 PM   #49
Lady Tinuveil
Elven Warrior

~

Just seen Star Trek: Nemesis yesterday. Honestly, Its not my type of movie. I wouldnt recommend it to anyone but my nerd brother. (Sorry S. Madison...)

Last edited by Lady Tinuveil : 05-24-2003 at 10:09 PM.
Old 05-24-2003, 10:08 PM   #50
Gwaimir Windgem
Dread Mothy Lord and Halfwitted Apprentice Loremaster

The In-Laws with Michael Douglas. An absolutely hilarious movie! Spectacular comedy, and even pretty clean, too. I would recommend to to just about anybody.

'With a melon?'
- Eric Idle
Old 05-24-2003, 10:18 PM   #51
azalea
Long lost mooter

I watched The White Balloon on video the other night; it is really good, I recommend it. For those who don't know, it is a foreign film (Iranian?) that came out in 95. It won an award at the Cannes film festival that year. It's about a little girl who is trying to buy a goldfish.
Old 05-26-2003, 05:56 PM   #52
frodosgirlfriend
Elven Warrior

Location: I live in la la land, you know, the place you go during math class
I rented Four Feathers. It's one of those movies you really have to pay attention to, which I didn't, But Heath was hot in it. It looked like (from what i saw) it was a really really good movie.

---------------------------------------------
AND FGF'S MOST GORGEOUS MAN ALIVE AT THE MOMENT'S AWARD GOES TO.........
BRANDON BOYD (yes once again) !!!!! WOOOO!!!
----------------------------------------------
Hottness has no count for age.... thats why I'm merrying a forty year old who goes by the name of JOHNNY DEPP!!!!
-----------------------------------------------
Fortune cookies tell all, so when i got the cookie telling me to date my love i became a stalker to Johnny Depp, and when i find him my excuse will be "the cookie made me do it"
------------------------------------------------
I'm not stupid, I'm special
"But why is the rum gone?"
"Captian, Catian Jack Sparrow"
"pa-pa-pa parsnip, parla, --"
"Just don't do anything... stupid"
"WELL IT BLOODY IS NOW!"
~Captian Jack Sparrow
Read my FP.net story!!!
Old 05-26-2003, 06:10 PM   #53
Gwaimir Windgem

Quote:
Originally posted by frodosgirlfriend
It's one of those movies you really have to pay attention to, which I didn't, But Heath was hot in it.
-snicker-

The Ring, and Bram Stoker's Dracula (again). The Ring was a quite good horror, indeed; I'd love to see Ringu, but I don't really see that happening. My mom has gone on an anti-horror mania, it seems... Quite frustrating.

Scared my brother...um...excrement-free.

I would speak on BSD, but then this would get too long. I'll just say it's interesting to see it now that I'm 3/5 or 3/4 of the way through the book; I'm already considering the changes! But it is DEFINITELY the truest adaptation I've ever seen, and my favourite version.

'With a melon?'
- Eric Idle
Old 05-27-2003, 01:54 PM   #54
azalea
Long lost mooter

I loved BSD, too, but I found the movie Dracula to be a sympathetic character, whereas in the book he was just a monster. Also, the sexual situations are not in the book. I thought the movie was well done and enjoyable nonetheless.

My most recent viewing was of Mr. Smith Goes to Washington. I really enjoyed it, but it is actually a little depressing, in that situations such as the one depicted in the movie are still around today and thriving, and there isn't much the average citizen can do about it, short of devoting his life to fighting it.
Old 05-28-2003, 06:41 PM   #55
The Ben
Really Smelly Orc

Yes, I have sure seen a whole bunch of good movies lately.

1. X2;
2.The Matrix reloded;

whoops, got to go.
Old 05-28-2003, 07:12 PM   #56
Lalaith
The Elvish Temptress

Reloaded!
Old 05-28-2003, 07:59 PM   #57
Gwaimir Windgem

Quote:
Originally posted by azalea
I loved BSD, to, but I found the movie Dracula to be a sympathetic character, whereas in the book he was just a monster. Also, the sexual situations are not in the book. I thought the movie was well done and enjoyable nonetheless.
Really? Interesting. I didn't see him as a sympathetic character there. The only one where I really did was the one with Jack Pallance. There, he seemed to me basically just like a monster, too. Of especial note was that HE said, "I will rise again from my grave, and attack with all the power of darkness, the blood of the living will be mine", and then towards the end, he said "Look what YOUR GOD has done to me."

'With a melon?'
- Eric Idle
Old 05-28-2003, 09:43 PM   #58
azalea
Long lost mooter

Hmm, I haven't seen that one. I just found in BSD that I actually felt sympathy for him, because of the way they showed his background, and that he became what he was because of his love for a woman who he felt was taken from him unjustly. I'm just a sap for the whole love thing . But in the book he is not shown in that light, presumably because of the POV -- we don't get the story through his eyes at all, whereas in BSD we do in some parts. Thus he seemed of course like the monster he was. It's been a long time since I've read it, but it was a great book.

Edit: Oops, wrong smiley!
Old 05-28-2003, 09:46 PM   #59
Gwaimir Windgem

Great book, indeed. I'm about three fourths of the way through it.

Another thing I found to be a needless change was the...erhem...deluge at the Turning of Lucy.

EDIT: But a really cool and enjoyable movie, despite all it's faults. It's the best adaptation out there, I believe. Incidentally, it's also the best Dracula movie out there.... -hint hint PJ-

'With a melon?'
- Eric Idle

Last edited by Gwaimir Windgem : 05-28-2003 at 09:48 PM.
Old 05-28-2003, 11:27 PM   #60
Sheeana
Lord of the Pants

The Life of David Gale. Mega-predictable. It's about an ex-campaigner against Capital Punishment (Kevin Spacey) who by some twist of fate is now on Deathrow himself for the rape and murder of a fellow campaigner. Here comes the crunch: he's hired an ace reporter (Kate Winslet) to find out what happended. And here's the really important bit: she's only got 3 interviews spanned over three days in which to save his ass. So, who can guess the twist?

Warning: don't peak if you don't want the movie spoiled for ya.
The woman he murdered was actually dying of cancer already, and in her bid to go out with a bang, she wanted to set up an innocent man to 'frame' him, so that they would finally have an innocent statistic on Deathrow. She did this in the most imaginative style of suicide that I've seen yet - she first swallowed the keys to her handcuffs, then she cuffed herself, and then she bagged her head, and suffocated to death, while being filmed. The cruncher is that you eventually find out that far from Gale getting screwed over by a potty cancer patient, it actually turns out that he was in on it as well, and deliberately set himself up for the 'greater cause.'

Kudos to the BF for getting it about 2 seconds after the movie started. I saw the light about half way through.
Closed Thread