Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Lord of the Rings Movies
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 11-11-2003, 09:30 AM   #41
Elvengirl
Mirthful Maiden

There are a few new clips on www.lordoftherings.com that are on the TT EE. If anyones is interested.

Did you know the sound of the fellbeast is actually the sound of a donkey? I couldn't believe it. I don't know that I'll think of them as frightening or formidable ever again

Wanna play? www.thievesguild.com
Elvengirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2003, 06:26 PM   #42
Elvengirl
Mirthful Maiden

There's a new clip.
Fran Walsh says Treebeard is give some of Tom Bombadill's lines.
AND does it look like Old Man Willow makes a cameo appearance?

What do ya think of that?

Old 11-11-2003, 06:55 PM   #43
zinnite
Elven Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Elvengirl
There's a new clip.
Fran Walsh says Treebeard is give some of Tom Bombadill's lines.
AND does it look like Old Man Willow makes a cameo appearance?

Too little, too late...
zinnite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2003, 06:59 PM   #44
jerseydevil
I am Freddie/UNDERCOVER/ Founder of The Great Continent of Entmoot

Nazgul

Quote:
Originally posted by Elvengirl
I wouldn't be surprised if Jackson just threw that in afterward as a way of appeasing some of the Tokien fans complaints.

As zinnite said "Too little, too late..."

"The only thing better than a great plan is implementing a great plan" - JerseyDevil

"If everyone agreed with me all the time, everything would be just fine"- JerseyDevil

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

Memorial to the Twin Towers
New Jersey Map
Fellowship of the Messageboard
Legend of the Jersey Devil
Support New Jersey's Liberty Tower
Peacefire.org

AboutNewJersey.com - New Jersey
Travel and Tourism Guide

jerseydevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2003, 07:43 AM   #45
Arathorn
Bard of Mangled Songs

YAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

YIPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

My copy just arrived!

Going home now to watch!

Accio, Ash Nazg!

Elennuru s?*la lúmenn' omentielvo (The Death Star shines on the hour of our meeting) - Darth Arathorn

Put aside the ranger...
Start looking for Mumakil action figures...
Arathorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2003, 08:34 AM   #46
Lizra
Domesticated Swing Babe

Wow! Early.... You lucky guy!
Old 11-14-2003, 11:39 AM   #47
Elvengirl
Mirthful Maiden

I'm going to wait until I see the extended in theaters, before deciding if I'm going to buy it.

Arathorn lets us know what you think.

Old 11-14-2003, 03:08 PM   #48
azalea
Long lost mooter

Where did you order it from that you got it so early?
azalea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2003, 03:09 PM   #49
Valandil
High King at Annuminas Administrator

Strider

YEE-ah! How did he...

Say... you a friend of JACKSON???

[EDIT: or should we ALL have had the Filipino Postal Service handling our orders???]

Happy viewing, eh!

Last edited by Valandil : 11-14-2003 at 03:11 PM.
Valandil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2003, 05:38 PM   #50
Arathorn
Bard of Mangled Songs

I have to protect my sources but here in the philippines, there are importers who sell through sms (phone text) and their shipments arrived about 2 weeks ago and got approved last week through customs. The gift set won't be due til monday, though.

Without giving out any spoilers on the main feature, I'd say I enjoyed it but had a lot more fun watching the documentaries because ot the new info.

So far from what I've viewed, they got their facts right on those docs but might have had to struggle with what to show on the films. Stuff like the title The Two Towers not really being any particular towers since JRRT kept changing his mind. Gollum gets his own full-length doc too.

The MTV easter egg is as easy to spot as the one from EE FOTR but I was sort of disappointed at not being able to find a ROTK trailer one if it exists.

I have to go to sleep now as its 5:35 in the morning and I've been watching since 10 last night. I was so anxious the whole day since many of my friends at our local tolkien society were calling in to say that they got theirs earlier but I eventually ot my copy at 6PM.

Anyway, bye for now...

Accio, Ash Nazg!

Elennuru s?*la lúmenn' omentielvo (The Death Star shines on the hour of our meeting) - Darth Arathorn

Put aside the ranger...
Old 11-15-2003, 01:11 AM   #51
Arathorn
Bard of Mangled Songs

BTW, in the appendices, they discussed a bit about how hey initially thought of adding Arwen Warrior Princess but later changed their mind. They also showed actual scenes there with Liv fighting. Good thing they didn't add it in the actual extended feature.

Accio, Ash Nazg!

Put aside the ranger...
Old 11-17-2003, 05:01 AM   #52
cassiopeia
Viggoholic

I've got the TTT EE DVD! The guy at the shop sold it to me a day early! All you have to do is ask.

The movie, in my opinion, is marginally better. Mainly because of the extra scenes with Sam and Frodo, which were desperately lacking in the theatrical version, since they are the heroes of the story. I have to say I liked the FOTR much more than TTT, so I wasn't expecting to be overwhelmed by the EE. Many of the new scenes were good. I don't know. I just thought it deviated too much from the book for my liking. Not that I expect it to be the book word-for-word. Just more Tolkien-like. Having said all that, TTT is my second favourite movie of all, after the FOTR.

There's a nice scene at the beginning where Sam and Frodo use the elvish rope to climb down the cliff. Lots of extra Merry and Pippin. The ent draught scene. Totally and utterly ruined. You'll know what I mean when you see it. Involves much chasing and silliness. A homage to Old Man Willow in there too. The scene where they find the spoils of Isengard is silly as well. I'm glad PJ cut them out. Somehow PJ has it in his mind that Merry and Pippin are idiots. Probably why he cut the scouring of the Shire. There was a scene with Faramir, Boromir and Denethor enjoying victory at Osgiliath. Was okay, good it was cut though. One thing that annoyed me was that Denethor sent Boromir to Rivendell to get the Ring. In the book he went because of Faramir's dream. Can't have everything I suppose. There was more of Gimli's comic relief. Who wants to bet there will be a dwarf tossing joke in the ROTK? There's a scene where Eowyn cooks Aragorn some soupy thing and Aragorn almost retches eating it. Seriously, does every scene have to have a joke in it?

I think JD's going to have a lot to say after viewing TTT EE.

Last edited by cassiopeia : 11-17-2003 at 05:18 AM.
cassiopeia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2003, 07:11 AM   #53
Millane
The Dude

ohhh same i went into myers and the bloke there said they were sitting out and he grabbed mine YAY!!!
the gollum statue is nowhere near as cool as the Argonath.
Pippin's dream in the start of the ent draught scene was really great i though
very hobbitish to dream of smoking a barrel of pipe-weed

ooooooh still only half way through though... cant wait till we hit boromir
Old 11-17-2003, 07:50 AM   #54
viggosbeard
Elven Warrior

just to let any Brits know - I just bought TTT EE at ASDA in Deeside, there was no advert, they were just putting them on the shelves and I swooped in like an avenging Ringwraith - " now I have you precious"- so its home from work early and get stuck in I suppose - as well as watching highlights from the rugby of course !Bring on the Aussies!!!
And your ride home
You cant avoid her
Shes in the air
In between molecules
Of Oxygen and Carbon Dioxide
Only in dreams
viggosbeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2003, 11:05 AM   #55
jerseydevil

Nazgul

Quote:
Originally posted by cassiopeia
I think JD's going to have a lot to say after viewing TTT EE.
From your description I most likely will. It doesn't surprise me that Jackson STILL treats Pippin and Merry as a bunch of idiots. I'll have to see it though before stating my views.

"The only thing better than a great plan is implementing a great plan" - JerseyDevil

"If everyone agreed with me all the time, everything would be just fine"- JerseyDevil

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

New Jersey Map
Peacefire.org

Travel and Tourism Guide

Old 11-17-2003, 01:01 PM   #56
Elfhelm
Marshal of the Eastmark

Quote:
Originally posted by Arathorn
BTW, in the appendices, they discussed a bit about how hey initially thought of adding Arwen Warrior Princess but later changed their mind. They also showed actual scenes there with Liv fighting. Good thing they didn't add it in the actual extended feature.
They might as well have, since they changed so many other things.
Old 11-17-2003, 01:12 PM   #57
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

Oh, fun for you, Cass! But I was really hoping for some good added scenes, like in FotR, and it sounds like many of the added scenes are silly comic ones. It looks like PJ totally misses the reason why Merry and Pippin's humor works in the books - as Merry says, "But it is the way of my people to use light words at such times and say less than they mean. We fear to say too much. It robs us of the right words when a jest is out of place." PJ has the light words, but not the depth, of the hobbits.

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!
Rían is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2003, 01:16 PM   #58
jerseydevil

Quote:
Originally posted by RÃ*an
Oh, fun for you, Cass! But I was really hoping for some good added scenes, like in FotR, and it sounds like many of the added scenes are silly comic ones. It looks like PJ totally misses the reason why Merry and Pippin's humor works in the books - as Merry says, "But it is the way of my people to use light words at such times and say less than they mean. We fear to say too much. It robs us of the right words when a jest is out of place." PJ has the light words, but not the depth, of the hobbits.
He doesn't even have the light words - he has brainless buffoons.

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

New Jersey Map
Peacefire.org

Travel and Tourism Guide

Old 11-17-2003, 04:38 PM   #59
azalea
Long lost mooter

I'm going to go over to the store and try to get mine today, too, since it sounds like everyone's already putting them out!
azalea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2003, 05:49 PM   #60
Millane
The Dude

hhahaha i watched them talking about including Arwen in the fight scenes but they said there was an uproar on the internet, i stuck up for her at the time but im glad she wasnt fighting, looked shocking and she said she cried because people called her xena, hahahahahahaha
hmmm i like that there was a Boromir flashback but it screwed around with the story a bit too much for my liking, it seemed as if Jackson was trying to repreive Boromir as much as he could by laying the blame all on his dad...