Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Entertainment Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 07-04-2003, 02:03 PM   #41
Ruinel
Banned

ACK! MY HAND IS CRAMPING! EEAAHHH!!! ...joking.

Well... I've played it. It is a little buggy at the very beginning. It does take a long time to load it if you choose to load it all. Do not forget to restart your computer so the computer can detect the new settings.

While you are in LEVEL 1, there's a window you climb through. And inside there's a locked cabinet. Inside the cabinet is a necklace (I haven't used it yet... but it looks like it might be something you need later on). Don't forget to go back for it after you get the crowbar from the ledge on the roof.

Oh... did you get the crowbar? Ok... when you get to the roof top, walk diagonally toward the opposite corner. The game will stop and Lara will say something about needing to get into the shed that is padlocked. Keep walking or jogging to the corner. There's a large metal barrel with a chunk of board on top. Lara has to move the barrel away from the corner. The game will tell you how. Walk to the corner and [cntrl+up-arrow] for her to climb over the edge and hang. Then [cntrl] again to release to the small white ledge below. [cntrl] to pick up the crowbar. But you will have to go back up. Jump [alt] and grab [ctrl] and pull up [up-arrow]. Go get the gun in the shed and go back to the window by the way you climbed up to the roof.

Edit: forgot something else about this level. After going back for the necklace, you will go back to the little white ledge. You want to make sure you are as far to the edge as you can be (make sure you used [shift] WALK so you don't fall off) then jump [alt] and grab [cntrl] and quickly start to shimmy [right-arrow] toward the other walkway, or you will fall off. Anytime you hang off of something or climb something, you are timed.

Anyway... the training part kicks in again and you will want to hit [Enter] for stealth and sneak up on the guy standing there. I didn't get anything out of killing the guy... but it was fun. If you want... sneak up behind him... be careful not to be in his line of sight, then hit [ALT] once and she will break his neck. How much more fun can a girl have?

You have to climb down a ladder after getting the key. Best to save the game there, because this is where it got gitchy. Stand diagonally facing the ladder and hit the forward [up-arrow]. She will grab the ladder and wait for your command. Problem is... I couldn't get her to climb down. I had to let her fall and catch the ladder twice before the game would let her climb down. So, here's what you do... she's on the ladder, hit [cntrl] and she'll let go and fall, quickly hit [cntrl] again and she'll grab the ladder. See if you can get her to climb down from there. If not... then do that step again. At some point, she will be able to climb down and you will get a cut scene to the next level.

Last edited by Ruinel : 07-04-2003 at 02:25 PM.
Ruinel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2003, 02:47 PM   #42
Ruinel
Banned

LEVEL 2. Derelict Apt. bldg. (or something like that)

I can't tell you how many times I had to start over on this level.

I found that if she pulled the cabinet near the door in front of the door, it would slow down the cops for at least one floor level as she runs up the stairs. Don't dilly dally... the cops are on her tail. they'll throw gas at her. I thought it was tear gas, but if she inhales too much she passes out, game over.

You can get a few goodies along the way in the corridors, but all the doors are locked until you get to the top. So, don't bother trying to open the doors, its a waste of time. On the 1st floor, there's a door you have to get to later. Keep that in mind.

A big bolder or something falls through one of the floors. You will have to take a running jump [up-arrow+ALT] then grab the other side [CNTRL] and pull up. I missed this about 3 times. If you miss it, you will fall to the level where the cops are waiting. Don't even bother to fight your way out. The cop will pull a gun on you and the game will make Lara surrender. game over.

Ok... if you get through this and get to the area with the box. Pull the box toward the stairs you just ran up. Climb on top (I had to go up the stairs and jump on top). face the railing and jump/grab and pull up over the railing. You need to get into the room to the right (you can look for more goodies if you want). The room to the right is a maintenance room with 2 keys. Take them both. There's also a button she has to push for the elevator to run.

After numerous attempts... here's what I did... get into the elevator (use the up and down button to move the finger over the floor level). Go to the 0 floor (ground level). Run out and back in QUICKLY! The cop on the 1st floor will run down to get you. Hit the button for the 1st floor and run out to open the door with the key you just found.

After going through that room. You will go back to the top of the stairs (retrace your steps) and exit through the door in the elevator maintenance room.

Something to remember during this level. Don't breath too much of the gas if you can help it. Run into the corridors for a few seconds to catch your breath. Then continue on.

Last edited by Ruinel : 07-04-2003 at 02:51 PM.
Old 07-06-2003, 01:29 PM   #43
Ruinel
Banned

having trouble in level 6. but this is a good game. lots of choices to make.. not just one path..

tip: when you get to cut scenes pay attention to them, they provide clues to where you need to go next.
Old 07-08-2003, 12:09 PM   #44
Elfmaster XK
Possessive Villain Fancier

Quote:
I heard that it was really buggy. I'll wait for the gazillion patches to come out, methinks.
You said it. Is soooooo bad. There are so many problems with the graphics, like walls and floors disappearing and stuff. That's really irritating.

But I've completed it now and am sad. That wasn't the ending I wanted. *pouts*

I liked it, but thought at time the story was unclear, I didn't know why I was trying to defeat a given obstacle. Possibly I hadn't been listening, but am usually good like that and listen. I don't think I missed stuff, and read all the notebook. It makes sense now I've finished the game.

So how long did it take you, Ruinel?

My soul is painted like the wings of butterflies,
Fairytales of yesterday will grow but never die,
I can fly - my friends.

XK
Elfmaster XK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2003, 12:02 PM   #45
Ruinel
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Elfmaster XK
You said it. Is soooooo bad. There are so many problems with the graphics, like walls and floors disappearing and stuff. That's really irritating.

But I've completed it now and am sad. That wasn't the ending I wanted. *pouts*

I liked it, but thought at time the story was unclear, I didn't know why I was trying to defeat a given obstacle. Possibly I hadn't been listening, but am usually good like that and listen. I don't think I missed stuff, and read all the notebook. It makes sense now I've finished the game.

So how long did it take you, Ruinel?

I just got it, so I havent completed Angel of Darkness yet. Don't tell me the ending.

I've now come across 2 bugs. The first is the ladder I mentioned. The second is later, when Lara talks to the bartender at Cafe Metro. His face is not present and what you see is an eye (with no skin) and the inside back of his head. Very distracting and very disturbing.

So, you say that some walls disappear? Oh, wow. I'll have to look for that. BTW, I'm having a bit of trouble getting into La Serpent Rouge. I have the key, but the doors will not open. Am I doing anything wrong? Did I forget a vital step in going back to the club?
Old 07-10-2003, 05:52 AM   #46
Elfmaster XK

Well, I didn't want to give away the end incase people hadn't finished. And yeah, that was a highly disturbing bug, as the guy was only half present. It distracted me at first so I didn't listen to what he was saying. My brother managed to fix it by playing with the graphics settings though, so I'll ask him what he put it on as I have no clue

They do indeed. You will see gaps in the floor, where you can see through to what's underneath, and various walls having textures missing. At one point you walk through a door and there are stairs on the other side, but when you turn around to look at the the wall is gone. It's a great shame as I love this game.

Anyway, The Serpant Rouge. Did you see the guy on his motorcycle ride away? If so then you go down the alley to the side door and that's what the key opens. You can't get in the front. If you still can't open the door then there must be someone you have neglected to talk to, so look in the notebook.

I can fly - my friends.

XK
Old 07-10-2003, 12:52 PM   #47
Ruinel
Banned

Quote:
....And yeah, that was a highly disturbing bug, as the guy was only half present. .... My brother managed to fix it by playing with the graphics settings though, so I'll ask him what he put it on as I have no clue
I'd appreciate it the fix. Post it here.

Quote:
Anyway, The Serpant Rouge. Did you see the guy on his motorcycle ride away? If so then you go down the alley to the side door and that's what the key opens. You can't get in the front. If you still can't open the door then there must be someone you have neglected to talk to, so look in the notebook.
Yes, I saw the guy (Kurtis) get on the bike and drive off. I didn't check the book, thanks I'll do that. And I'll try the side door again, as well. Thanks again.
Old 07-10-2003, 01:04 PM   #48
Elfmaster XK

Aw, Kurtis is cool. I believe there are actually two doors down that side, it's the farthest one.

I found that the book is the most helpful thing you have.

And I'll be back later with that fix.

I can fly - my friends.

XK
Old 07-10-2003, 03:01 PM   #49
Ruinel
Banned

Quote:
I found that the book is the most helpful thing you have.

And I'll be back later with that fix.
I don't use the books. More fun to do it on your own, IMO.

Thanks for the fix info. I registered at eidos' forums on Tomb Raider. I'm gamechik. However, I can't seem to post there for whatever weird reason. And I can't send them a message either. Oh, well.

But I read that there was a patch. I'm going to download it when I finally get back home from this trip.

Come to think of it. I never saw the murder cut scene either. Lots of bugs.
Old 07-12-2003, 01:10 PM   #50
Elfmaster XK

Quote:
Originally posted by Ruinel
I don't use the books. More fun to do it on your own, IMO.

Oh, no, I meant the in game notebook. I'd never cheat and use a guide or walkthrough. That, in my opinion, defeats the object of playing the game.

Quote:
But I read that there was a patch. I'm going to download it when I finally get back home from this trip.

Come to think of it. I never saw the murder cut scene either. Lots of bugs.
Well, my brother says since he doesn't know what graphics your computer uses he can't really help. But what we changed was the screen resolution, the graphics quality was put onto the highest, and the screen refresh rate. That seemed to fix ours. But I'd suggest just getting the patch as it'll probably be easier than all the playing around.

Am happy now as have been playing over and doing things differently, is much fun. Hope you're doing okay with it.

I can fly - my friends.

XK
Old 07-12-2003, 11:45 PM   #51
Ruinel
Banned

Quote:
Oh, no, I meant the in game notebook. I'd never cheat and use a guide or walkthrough. That, in my opinion, defeats the object of playing the game.
I completely agree. When I went to buy the game, the guy behind the counter asked if I wanted to by the 'Strategy Guide'. I gave him this look and said, 'Some of us don't need to cheat the game to win.' Then he and I laughed about it. I'm glad you don't do that either. But obviously, if they are sold, there is a market for them. How sad. They take out all the fun out of playing.

Quote:
Well, my brother says since he doesn't know what graphics your computer uses he can't really help. But what we changed was the screen resolution, the graphics quality was put onto the highest, and the screen refresh rate. That seemed to fix ours. But I'd suggest just getting the patch as it'll probably be easier than all the playing around.

Am happy now as have been playing over and doing things differently, is much fun. Hope you're doing okay with it.
Thanks for the help.

I just got back home from a training trip for work. I haven't been able to find any time to play at all. But I plan to get lots of play time in this week.
Old 07-14-2003, 04:36 PM   #52
Elfmaster XK

Quote:
Originally posted by Ruinel

Thanks for the help.

I just got back home from a training trip for work. I haven't been able to find any time to play at all. But I plan to get lots of play time in this week.
Yeah, I think they're so pointless. A game is made to play, not to follow a walkthrough. I really do not see the point. Helping hints are okay if you're really stuck. Like my brother often asks me. (He works all day so has less time than me anyway)

Well as soon as you get going with it I'm sure you won't be able to stop And then will want to explore the options you didn't take the first time.

I can fly - my friends.

XK
Old 07-14-2003, 07:06 PM   #53
Ruinel
Banned

Agreed. The walkthroughs really take the fun out of the game. And then you really have to ask yourself: did I really beat the game? Or did I just follow instructions?

I plan to spend more time on the game. I'll let you in on my progress. Like your brother, I work, so I don't always have the time to play, unfortunately.
Old 07-15-2003, 05:14 PM   #54
Ruinel
Banned

One question, how far into the game did you get before you got the shotgun? I'm running into some ammo shortages right now and it would be nice. Though, I've been trying to break necks as opposed to just shooting the bad guys, I'm still running short of ammo. And the reason I ask is because I'm at La Serpent Rouge right now and I've gotten the patch from Eidos, I'm thinking I might start the game over if I missed the shotgun already.
Old 07-16-2003, 07:06 AM   #55
Elfmaster XK

You haven't missed the shotgun. You don't get it until later. At the beginning I didn't have much ammo either so I just beat people up. That's a nice new feature in the game, that Lara and Kurtis can just hit people if they want. It's useful. I can't remember where it is exactly, but I think you find it when you get to the museum.

I can fly - my friends.

XK
Old 07-16-2003, 07:32 AM   #56
Spock
An enigma in a conundrum

Well I don't play nor read this epic. However I did enjoy an interview recently on tv with A.J. and the revelation that her bust size was enhanced 3 sizes for the picture. Then last night she was on COM CNTL, Daily Show and revealed she has terrible knees (wore a short skirt) and isn't as knock out beautiful as I thought when she doesn't wear her film makeup. OH my dreams have been shattered...............again.
Old 07-17-2003, 02:05 PM   #57
Ruinel
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Spock
Well I don't play nor read this epic. However I did enjoy an interview recently on tv with A.J. and the revelation that her bust size was enhanced 3 sizes for the picture. Then last night she was on COM CNTL, Daily Show and revealed she has terrible knees (wore a short skirt) and isn't as knock out beautiful as I thought when she doesn't wear her film makeup. OH my dreams have been shattered...............again.
LOL! Now that is funny.
Old 07-17-2003, 02:07 PM   #58
Ruinel
Banned

Quote:
You haven't missed the shotgun. You don't get it until later. At the beginning I didn't have much ammo either so I just beat people up. That's a nice new feature in the game, that Lara and Kurtis can just hit people if they want. It's useful. I can't remember where it is exactly, but I think you find it when you get to the museum.
I just loved the dual pistols in the previous games. Back flips while blowing your opponent into a small grease spot.

But I also like breaking necks. I've found it's quite addicting. Sneak, sneak, sneak... crack! smack! punch! AHHHHH! It's soooo satisfying.