Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Entertainment Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 05-03-2002, 03:53 PM   #41
gdl96
the greg the admin

Quote:
Originally posted by frodosgirlfriend
Luigis Mansion isn't really that good, it's hard and boring (if u ask me). Super Smash Bros. is the best game out for gamecube it's soooooo fun and u can be princess Zelda or Peach ! WaveRace is prob the hardest racing game i've ever played. Sonic is really fun at first it seem's boring but after a while it's really cool. i haven't played Pikman (sp?) but it looks really cool. and Zelda will be comin' out. theres a roomer that they're gunna mess it all up by making it a cartoon instead of what they could do. i've seen 2 different stories though. a good first game is Sonic. it's pretty simple. hope u like what ever game u do get though.
Luigis Mansion isn't that good as a game, but if you want to show of to a friend what the Gamecube is capable of in graphics, it comes in handy. (although now Resident Evil would replace Luigis Mansion as a great tech demo).

SSBM rules and Wave Race looks great, but is very hard.

Never played Sonic 2 for GC cuz I have it for dreamcast. Good game though, but not enough Sonic/Shadow levels.

Pikmin was pretty cool, and a very different game. Gamecube is the console you want if you want new, original, and very different and groundbreaking games.
gdl96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2002, 10:23 PM   #42
Khamûl
Slacker
Warrior Admin

What do you guys think about online gaming? Who's going about it the best way, Sony, Microsoft, or Nintendo? Do you think that people with dial-up access will be limited in the games they can play? I think that Sega has shown what can be done with narrowband connection. What are your thoughts on this matter?

Psalm 107:31
Khamûl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2002, 11:02 PM   #43
gdl96
the greg the admin

I think Microsoft made a smart move by having the XBox come with a broadband modem out of the box. It's a bit too early to tell, as none of them have launched their servers yet, and only Sony has released any specific details. As for Nintendo, word is that their online plans will be revealed at E3. I would love to see Mario Kart go online.
Old 05-04-2002, 05:07 AM   #44
StrawberryIcecream
Elf Lord

All these games look good and everyhting but i wish they would do some normal ones like mario rescuing peach from bowser. yes it may be an ols idea but it was a good one. Now nintendo has got mario running around wiping graffiti off walls! i dunno wheter they are trying to teach the yuonger generation something ow what but well its not the same!

for all you pippin's out there.
StrawberryIcecream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2002, 10:26 AM   #45
gdl96
the greg the admin

Super Mario Sunshine- Mario and Peach are on vacation and one thing leads to another and Mario must rescue Peach. Classic story as usual. And the graffiti part is said to be only a small part of the game (dear god i hope that's true )
Old 05-05-2002, 09:40 AM   #46
markedel
'Sober' Mullet Frosh

The problem with online gaming is reliability vs. cost. I played Diablo II on BNET for a year and the reliability and lag made the game difficult to enjoy so I stopped. Consoles may provide more reliable connections but how much would you pay for it?
Old 05-05-2002, 05:48 PM   #47
aldesign
Elven Warrior

look at my new MARIO sunshire Avatar!
woooo!

andy
aldesign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2002, 06:35 AM   #48
StrawberryIcecream
Elf Lord

hee hee!

I wanna peach one! or one of those cute mushrooms! i prob woulndt be able to part with my ice cream though!!!

anyone looked at the gamecube demo disc yet?

Its really cool!

Old 05-06-2002, 07:14 PM   #49
Tar-Elendil
Númenorean

havent posted on this thread inawhile...how can you not like xbox and love gamecube? gamecube has the worst games ever..mebbe if it had better ones i would consider buyin one..but if you're in to things like mario,zelda, and super smash bros (how could you??!!!?!) then i guess go with a gamecube..but i just can't imagine anyone over 15 playin something like Mario or zelda
Old 05-06-2002, 10:42 PM   #50
gdl96
the greg the admin

Why do I play these games? Because they're just plain fun. Great gameplay, great times. And the only thing "kiddish" about Nintendo is Pokemon, which I stay away from.
Old 05-07-2002, 12:46 PM   #51
StrawberryIcecream
Elf Lord

exactly. just because mario doesnt run about blowing the brains out of some scarydude's head and slice zombies into little bits doent meanits childish.

its just what different people like, and i personally think running around shooting people or pretending to be some 'big assets' virtual girl while shooting tigers is plaind silly.

no real offence intended btw.

Old 05-07-2002, 08:42 PM   #52
gdl96
the greg the admin

When I want to shoot zombies and go crazy, I play Resident Evil and Eternal Darkness. If I want to go back to my platforming roots, I play Mario. There's a time and place for everything.
Old 05-20-2002, 11:32 PM   #53
Khamûl
Slacker
Warrior Admin

The Console War Heats Up

Have you guys noticed the drops in prices going all around? First Sony drops PS2's price from $299 to $199, then Microsoft follows suit, dropping the X-Box's price from $299 to $199. Now, Nintendo is dropping the price of the Gamecube from $199 to $149. I think that's a brilliant move by Sony. They have enough PS2s sold to have a large base of systems and have already made millions off of it. By dropping PS2's price, they force Nintendo and Microsoft to drop the prices of their consoles to stay competitive. But since both the Gamecube and the X-Box are newer consoles, Nintendo and Microsoft are still trying to make a profit. By cutting $50 - $100 off the price, they are significantly reducing their profits. This is an interesting turn of events. But do you know who the real winners of the console (and price) war are? The gamers. Let the competition begin.

Psalm 107:31
Khamûl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2002, 05:13 PM   #54
gdl96
the greg the admin

If Microsoft didn't drop to 199, I think Nintendo wouldn't have felt so pressured to drop. It seems appropriate for PS2 to drop at this time in its life, but for XBox to make such a large price drop so soon probably means that things aren't going that well over at Microsoft. Although it is doing okay in America, XBox has bombed in Europe, Japan, and Australia.
Old 05-21-2002, 05:26 PM   #55
BeardofPants
the Shrike

AND New Zealand. thank eru.

Lets not forget that it's nothing more than a computer (that crashes! hah, my ps2 has NEVER crashed!!) masquerading as a console. Take THAT Microsuck!