Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Lord of the Rings Movies
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 03-29-2003, 01:52 AM   #41
laurelin
Sapling

Gollum

my fav scene was gollums split personalities ("leave us alone and never come back!") did anyone else like that at all? i also loved the scenes where it shows how legolas and gimli are now friends(like in the whole helms deep sequence) because in the hobbit, legolas's dad put gimli's dad and the other dwarves in jail and i always liked the idea that despite all of that, they r willing to risk their lives for the other one
laurelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2003, 02:04 AM   #42
Gwaimir Windgem
Dread Mothy Lord and Halfwitted Apprentice Loremaster

Welcome to the Entmoot, laurelin! If you want, you can mosey over to the Welcome thread in general messages and introduce yourself officially.

Hope you have a great time here!

'With a melon?'
- Eric Idle
Gwaimir Windgem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2003, 11:29 AM   #43
Elvengirl
Mirthful Maiden

Quote:
Originally posted by laurelin
my fav scene was gollums split personalities ("leave us alone and never come back!") did anyone else like that at all? i also loved the scenes where it shows how legolas and gimli are now friends(like in the whole helms deep sequence) because in the hobbit, legolas's dad put gimli's dad and the other dwarves in jail and i always liked the idea that despite all of that, they r willing to risk their lives for the other one
Welcome!
I agree, I loved Gollum's debate scene. One of my favorite parts in the book was the competition between Legolas and Gimli, so I was very happy to see it included in the film, and see the friendship that grew between them.

by the way, I love your name Laurelin

Wanna play? www.thievesguild.com
Elvengirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2003, 12:23 PM   #44
Orion
Enting

My favorite scene was the one in Entmoot, when Merry tells Pippin that there won´t be Shire - it´s so touching and powerful. A very nice Merry scene. Also the scene with Theoden grieving (sp?) on his son´s grave is really good, his speech there got stuck to my mind for a long time. "No parent should bury their child"..

Last edited by Orion : 03-29-2003 at 12:29 PM.
Orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2003, 12:33 PM   #45
jusu
Sapling

I like Aragorn both in LotR and TTT, he grows all the time, best scene is probably in TTT the tomb scene with Arwen as the strong gray-haired king turns into stone figure.

In LotR however my favourite scene is when Gandalf arrives to Shire and small kids run after his cart and shout for fire crackers, and just when they think that nothing happen, up goes the flash. I laugh with the kids (and the man) every time with my eyes wet. By the way the beginning of the first version compared to the extended LotR is much better.

But then some oddities. Have you figured out why in TTT Aragorn says "Brego" when the horse "kisses" him by the river. His horse name in the book was not Brego, was it Brego who built Meduseld?

And when I first saw LotR (first night of course) there was a translation (in Finnish, as we don't dube the original voices) of Golumn's cry in Mordor torturing "Frodo, Baggins, Shire". Well, he didn't know Frodo then and actually, Frodo has been taken away from the text in newer editions. But actually his first cry sounds something like that.

Last edited by jusu : 04-02-2003 at 12:35 PM.
jusu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2003, 03:34 PM   #46
azalea
Long lost mooter

The "Brego" thing has been discussed in other threads; try doing a search of the word "Brego" in this forum to find out (and yes, you're right about it I think).

Gollum screams "Shire! Baggins!" The Frodo part must have been a mistake they made in translating (the translator must not have been familiar with the book).
azalea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2003, 06:29 PM   #47
Ragnarok
Rohirrim Warrior

I liked when Gandalf and the legion of horsemen ( I forget who they are) ride over the hill to aid in the Battle of Helm's Deep.
Ragnarok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2003, 02:10 AM   #48
Orion
Enting

Quote:
Originally posted by jusu

And when I first saw LotR (first night of course) there was a translation (in Finnish, as we don't dube the original voices) of Golumn's cry in Mordor torturing "Frodo, Baggins, Shire". ...
I remember that, I went to see it on the first night too and in the subtitles it was "Frodo, Baggins, Shire", and then like a week later it had been removed..

(In FOTR every scene with Boromir must be my favorite.. especially when he holds the ring in Carahdras and has that little talk with Aragorn in Lothlorien.)
Old 04-03-2003, 01:34 PM   #49
jusu
Sapling

So, Brego was the horse of the late Theored and the scene were Aragorn see the horse earlier is removed from the film (and will most probably be in the extended version). But Theored's horse is not named in the book.
Old 04-03-2003, 03:41 PM   #50
azalea
Long lost mooter

But there was an historical figure named Brego -- did you find that?
Old 04-03-2003, 07:59 PM   #51
bricktor
Sapling

Gandalf

My fav quote would definitely be Sam's 'speech' to Frodo..but I do love the ents! They are so cool.

Quote:
Pippin: "It's working!" Merry: "I know it's working! Run!"
bricktor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2003, 05:48 AM   #52
Sween
im quite stupid

The best scean by far is when they ride out to meet the orcs at the end of the battle of helms deep. The music and everytghing is just beautiful the best part is when the small erod (is that the correct term?) is just motoring down the causeway killing everything in sightand just the despair of what they are trying to do death and glory then gandalf just apearing and leading the charge of the riders and just ploughing int the orcs. The thing that most struck me is this is infact the way wars used to be forought and thats just amazing
Old 04-04-2003, 03:06 PM   #53
Elessar the Elfstone
Enting

Strider

My faverouite scene is the scene where Aragorn is getting into his armour and has finally chosen that he will comand the race of men I thought it was acted amazingly

ps Uruks are Mordor's foot soldiers it's Urik Hi that attack helms deep (I watch TTT too often, 7 times to be presise)
pps I dont mean to cause any offence to any other entmoot members I'm just too much of a perfectionist when it comes to lotr
Elessar the Elfstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2003, 03:08 PM   #54
Elessar the Elfstone
Enting

Brego was aking of rohan
Old 04-04-2003, 04:08 PM   #55
azalea
Long lost mooter

Quote:
Originally posted by Elessar the Elfstone

ps Uruks are Mordor's foot soldiers it's Urik Hi that attack helms deep

Was this in response to a post someone made?
Old 04-06-2003, 08:29 AM   #56
Belle
Enting

I'll probably be attacked for saying this but the best bit by far was when Aragorn kinda swept through those doors in Rohan. Phwar. He looked very kingly. And also Legolas' shield/skateboard thing and the horse thing. All those little bits made it a really funky film.

Also, I agree, Sam's speech towards the end to Frodo was really touching and lovely. Made me cry everytime I heard it.
So thanks for making me a fighter
Made me learn a little bit faster
Made my skin a little bit thicker
Made me that much smarter
So thanks for making me a fighter
Belle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2003, 08:34 AM   #57
Linaewen
Fair Dinkum

Quote:
I'll probably be attacked for saying this but the best bit by far was when Aragorn kinda swept through those doors in Rohan. Phwar. He looked very kingly. And also Legolas' shield/skateboard thing and the horse thing. All those little bits made it a really funky film.
The first bit was quite good. The Legolas things weren't that bad either. But my favourite part was the battle at Helm's Deep. I love battles. I'm a very violent person.
Linaewen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2003, 04:36 PM   #58
azalea
Long lost mooter

Uhhhh, it's that avatar thing w/ me again -- it's funny to see that sweet-looking girl in the picture say "I'm a very violent person!"
Old 04-07-2003, 03:39 PM   #59
Elessar the Elfstone
Enting

Yeah, I wrote it cause I was sick of people saying Uruks. even though there's not much difference between them lol .
Old 04-07-2003, 10:49 PM   #60
Bombadillo
"The Bomb"

WHAT!? You liked the elves at Helm's Deep!? Daagh... I won't get get started. I'll just beat on something now....

But the best was when Gimli fell off the horse.
And there's a site where they show some shots of the movie dubbed into Japanese, and then the Japanese added English subtitles. This is also the best there because he falls off the horse as he's laying in the middle of a huge ring of people he yells "NO NO! Nobody find out!"

Last edited by Bombadillo : 04-07-2003 at 10:50 PM.
Bombadillo is offline   Reply With Quote