Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Entertainment Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 04-07-2004, 01:18 PM   #41
hectorberlioz
Master of Orchestration President Emeritus of Entmoot 2004-2008

Quote:
Originally posted by Catgirl
I agree that this discussion is not going anywhere. But I just want to clerify that, I do not think Manson is a 'horrible' person, he is just someone I personaly don't really like. And that is just my view. He does have good aspects about him, but my opinion still stands. And I respect you for your opinion.

As you said..."would you agree that Christianity, although claiming to be, isnt the most accomodating religions to different people?" I do have to agree, most Christians or even just churches are not open to things or people that are different or oppose them. But, I am open to most new things, I just have my own peson al views about certain things or people that probably won't change.

Also, I do understand that Manson is an "intelligent man and a gifted artist and entertainer". But my views still hold strong.
dont worry Catgirl , I'm with you.
otherwise, I'll just keep my mouth shut on this subject

Acaly und Hektor fur Presidants fur EntMut fur life!
Join the discussion at Entmoot Election 2010.
"Stupidissimo!"~Toscanini
The Da CINDY Code
The Epic Poem Of The Balrog of Entmoot: Here ~NEW!
~
Thinking of summer vacation?
AboutNewJersey.com - NJ Travel & Tourism Guide
hectorberlioz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2004, 07:19 PM   #42
Millane
The Dude

Quote:
Also, I do understand that Manson is an "intelligent man and a gifted artist and entertainer". But my views still hold strong.
i actually put that bit in concerning the media portrayal of Manson, it seems to me that you are listening to and accepting a whole lot of negative stuff about Manson that isnt true and your basing your opinion of him around that...
Quote:
otherwise, I'll just keep my mouth shut on this subject
well HB it would seem you have opened your mouth already, so please go on would it be fine of me to just say Hector Berlioz is an absolute ****head, who's views suck and he's generally just a morally ****ed up person, with nothing to back it up with?
Old 04-07-2004, 07:31 PM   #43
hectorberlioz

are you trying to provoke me ....well its starting to work

The Da CINDY Code
~
Old 04-07-2004, 07:33 PM   #44
Millane
The Dude

Quote:
Originally posted by hectorberlioz
are you trying to provoke me ....well its starting to work
indeed i am, im interested to hear your thoughts on the topic, just wondering if you mindlessly take everything you read as fact aswell
Old 04-07-2004, 07:43 PM   #45
BeardofPants
the Shrike

Oh Millane, are you mindlessly following manson again?
Old 04-07-2004, 07:44 PM   #46
hectorberlioz

Quote:
Originally posted by Millane
indeed i am, im interested to hear your thoughts on the topic, just wondering if you mindlessly take everything you read as fact aswell
Ok, I'll make it simple and nice
No, I dont believe all the wild stories about Manson (or any celeb or singer for that matter, because I know its all to sell the magazines).
But I certainly agree (with Catgirl) that his "entertainment" is quite off-the-wall, and is in my opinion, quite silly. And he is far from my favorite person in the world .
Not in my taste .

The Da CINDY Code
~
Old 04-07-2004, 08:48 PM   #47
Millane
The Dude

Quote:
Originally posted by BeardofPants
Oh Millane, are you mindlessly following manson again?
of course
Quote:
No, I dont believe all the wild stories about Manson (or any celeb or singer for that matter, because I know its all to sell the magazines).
ok i was just wondering because you were agreeing with Catgirl, who im sure did just that.
Quote:
But I certainly agree (with Catgirl) that his "entertainment" is quite off-the-wall, and is in my opinion, quite silly. And he is far from my favorite person in the world .
Quite silly because you dont understand it, or silly as in childish, please i tried to ask Catgirl can you just give an example or something, because the statements you are saying are fairly general and typical i-dont-understand-him-so-its-stupid comments.
im so excited, next week im going down to melb to see Party Monster, if anyone has seen it id be glad to hear your thoughts. The Heart Is Decietful Above All Things is also sounding very good. From an interview done by JT Leroy with Marilyn Manson:
Quote:
It is the wrap party, the celebration of the completion of filming of my book, The Heart Is Deceitful Above All Things. Asia Argento directed it and plays my mother. In the film there is Jackson, my mother's boyfriend. He gets seduced by a ten year old after that child dresses up as his mother. Manson has that role. The part of a man I had sex with when I was ten. And he played the role with intuitive vulnerable brilliance that few gave him credit for possessing until they saw him in the Michael Moore film Bowling For Columbine.
Quote:
Who else could play a man that has sex with a child in such a heartbreaking portrayal that makes you weep for him as well?
also if anyone has heard anything on this film id like to hear, theres not really that much information on it at the moment though...
Old 04-08-2004, 06:22 PM   #48
Catgirl
Elven Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by hectorberlioz
Thank you hb.

Now, Millane, I do not mindlessly take everything I read as fact. For example, if a newspaper came out with something that said, say, Jim Carrey had...perhaps murdered someone in his past, or maybe soomething not as drastic, that I would not take seriously no matter who said it. But the fact that some things are said about Manson, makes them more believeable because he is the kind of person who you might see doing something like that. Even though you say he wouldn't, and he may not, the idea that it is Manson we are talking about, makes things a little more serious.

Also, from what you said:
Quote:
"Quite silly because you dont understand it, or silly as in childish, please i tried to ask Catgirl can you just give an example or something, because the statements you are saying are fairly general and typical i-dont-understand-him-so-its-stupid comments."
It is "Quite silly" as in not needed and useless and just to put it plainly so you can understand, Stupid! Some of the stuff he does is, like hectorberlioz said, is "off the wall".

I hope you understand

Last edited by Catgirl : 04-08-2004 at 06:33 PM.
Catgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2004, 01:10 AM   #49
Millane
The Dude

Quote:
Now, Millane, I do not mindlessly take everything I read as fact.
let me refer you to the top of this page where you mindlessly took a very obvious joke as fact
Quote:
But the fact that some things are said about Manson, makes them more believeable because he is the kind of person who you might see doing something like that. Even though you say he wouldn't, and he may not, the idea that it is Manson we are talking about, makes things a little more serious.
but you think he is the kind of person you might see doing something like that because you mindlessly take everything written about him and think its true...
Quote:
It is "Quite silly" as in not needed and useless and just to put it plainly so you can understand, Stupid! Some of the stuff he does is, like hectorberlioz said, is "off the wall".
No, by saying that you have just proved you are talking from the i-dont-understand-it-so-its-stupid stand. Manson doesnt do things that are useless and by saying that he does you are just saying to me that you are not only ignorant concerning Manson, but ignorant to anyones actions, people dont do things that are useless, if not for anything else, Manson does what he does for art...
Old 04-09-2004, 04:54 AM   #50
Lalaith_Elf
Her Infernal Majesty

Quote:

I hope you understand
No I don't understand, so maybe you would like to run me through it. What 'useless' and 'stupid' acts has he done? I don't see anything wrong with what he does. He has a point to every action that he does - okay so we may not consciously see some of the point, but he knows what he's doing and why he's doing it. You can't just watch something or read something and make a judgement like the one you've made above. And I agree with what Millane's saying. He does it for art.
"It is a good viewpoint to see the world as a dream. When you have something like a nightmare, you will wake up and tell yourself that it was only a dream. It is said that the world we live in is not a bit different from this." - Yamamoto Tsunetomo
Lalaith_Elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2004, 08:42 PM   #51
Ragnarok
Rohirrim Warrior

Quote:
and theres nothing wrong with him liking a particular fashion or having a particular theme, if you think theres something wrong with creativity then i know this post isnt going anywhere. His appearance itself is also promoting "be yourself, who cares what other people think of you"...
If you believe that is his message and you agree with it because you feel it has significant value or is insightful.. then why would you care if someone wore a SOAD shirt to a MM concert? It seems a bit hypocritical?
Ragnarok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2004, 10:21 PM   #52
Mercutio

Manson is engaged (again). This time, to Dita Von Teese, some skanky model.

Interested in C.S. Lewis? Visit the forum dedicated
to one of Tolkien's greatest contemporaries.
Mercutio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2004, 11:07 PM   #53
hectorberlioz

What model is not skanky?

The Da CINDY Code
~
Old 04-11-2004, 02:30 AM   #54
Millane
The Dude

Quote:
Originally posted by Ragnarok
If you believe that is his message and you agree with it because you feel it has significant value or is insightful.. then why would you care if someone wore a SOAD shirt to a MM concert? It seems a bit hypocritical?
you asked the same question on the previous page, and i answered you there, but i guess its relevant now so anyway, the only reason i could see as to why they were at a Marilyn Manson concert wearing other bands shirts was to be antagonising, personally i didnt go to a Manson concert to hear some people try to be amusing...
Quote:
Dita von Teese is not skanky, dont we all want a girlfriend that is willing to strip at a friends wedding renewal
Old 04-11-2004, 10:37 AM   #55
Ragnarok
Rohirrim Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Millane
you asked the same question on the previous page, and i answered you there, but i guess its relevant now so anyway, the only reason i could see as to why they were at a Marilyn Manson concert wearing other bands shirts was to be antagonising, personally i didnt go to a Manson concert to hear some people try to be amusing...
Indeed, I did ask why you would judge others because they wore a SOAD shirt to a MM concert. However, your answer didn't make much sense then and now that you have stated what you feel is Manson's message I find it makes even less sense now. I understand how wearing a Metallica shirt and yelling we want metillica is rather stupid and antagonizing but I fail to grasp how wearing a certain band shirt is antagonising. By buying a ticket to MM concert I thought it would be quite obvious and it implied that they enjoy MM's music. Quite frankly I do not know anyone who buys tickets and goes to concerts that they don't like. And since Manson's message is about being creative and being your own person, it seems a bit odd that you find people were different shirts antagonising. The keyword is different... being creative and your own person is not about following what everone does, act or dress... otherwise everyone would be another "sheep in the flock." I just think that if you are all for creativity and being yourself I don't understand why wearing a different band shirt is antagonising... after all part of being creative is thinking differently and non conformity. If everything was the same, creativity would not exist.

Last edited by Ragnarok : 04-11-2004 at 10:43 AM.
Old 04-11-2004, 10:45 AM   #56
Ragnarok
Rohirrim Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Mercutio
Yea, I've heard her name before on tv ... I think it was VH1... they should make an interesting couple.
Old 04-11-2004, 11:10 PM   #57
Millane
The Dude

Quote:
Originally posted by Ragnarok
Indeed, I did ask why you would judge others because they wore a SOAD shirt to a MM concert. However, your answer didn't make much sense then and now that you have stated what you feel is Manson's message I find it makes even less sense now. I understand how wearing a Metallica shirt and yelling we want metillica is rather stupid and antagonizing but I fail to grasp how wearing a certain band shirt is antagonising. By buying a ticket to MM concert I thought it would be quite obvious and it implied that they enjoy MM's music. Quite frankly I do not know anyone who buys tickets and goes to concerts that they don't like. And since Manson's message is about being creative and being your own person, it seems a bit odd that you find people were different shirts antagonising. The keyword is different... being creative and your own person is not about following what everone does, act or dress... otherwise everyone would be another "sheep in the flock." I just think that if you are all for creativity and being yourself I don't understand why wearing a different band shirt is antagonising... after all part of being creative is thinking differently and non conformity. If everything was the same, creativity would not exist.
hahahaha sorry my posts make sense to me (but thats more that i know what im thinking rather than my intelligible posts ), it seemed to me (and if im wrong and im sure im not right about all of them) was that they wore these tops to try and get a rise out of people, im not saying they didnt like Manson it just seemed that there reason for dressing as they did was to try and be antagonising, i have no problem with dressing differently even if it is to create some sort of rise out of people, but the way these people did it shows how uncreative they were about it... I understand your point about being creative and dressing differently etc i just thought that these people were being incredibly uncreative, but then again thats just me
Old 04-12-2004, 03:07 AM   #58
BeardofPants
the Shrike

In other words, Milicent was talking out of his butt again.
Old 04-12-2004, 10:42 PM   #59
Millane
The Dude

Quote:
Originally posted by BeardofPants
In other words, Milicent was talking out of his butt again.
miLLicent! 2 L's thankyou
ok BoP its like me going to NZ with an 'i love Australia' shirt on, and not only wearing it, but thinking it was funny, now would you go "how creative of him, those Australians sure are a cut above us wierdo's" or would you think "what a dumb wanker does he think he's funny, those Australians are ****heads"
of course youd go for the first option
Old 04-12-2004, 11:17 PM   #60
BeardofPants
the Shrike

Sowwy Milly.

Bah, we kiwis are too apathetic to care.