FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 05-18-2003, 08:01 PM   #561
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Daewen Silverstar
-For a project in Modern Arts class you decided to do a got milk advertisement...using Legolas as the one with the milk mustache and having it say,
"Being on the go all the time makes it hard to get the nutrition I need. To keep fighting orcs I need more than just lembas...I need milk! It gives me the calcium I need to keep killing orcs...and to keep sweeping ladies off their feet."
Welcome, Daewen Silverstar, you are truly obsessed.

I've been in this particular thread for a while, and I'm starting to run out of ideas. If I was completely obsessed with LotR, I wouldn't run out of ideas...
Originally Posted by hectorberlioz
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessar
IM IN UR THREDZ, EDITN' UR POSTZ
Old 05-18-2003, 08:37 PM   #562
Dreran the Green
Lady of Legends

I know its getting hard. Here's one:

At lunch you thrust your Sprite in your friends face and ask in a creepy voice: "Will you look into the soda can of Galadriel?"

*This is not actually true. The road to Hell is paved with frozen door to door salesmen. On weekends many of the younger demons go ice-skating down it. ~Good Omens
Old 05-20-2003, 10:01 AM   #563
Linaewen
Fair Dinkum

Great one, Dreran the Green! lol.

This morning I had the weirdest dream. It was LotR meets Star Wars and Harry Potter. It had:
-Desert (Something I associate with Star Wars, though I've not seen it yet)
-Aragorn with white hair
-Galadriel narrating
-Blast-Ended- Skrewts from Harry Potter
-Possibly LotR theme music

And you know when your alarm goes of, and you think you are awake, but you're still dreaming? Well, I dreamt that I woke, and went straight on the net at school (Yes, climbed out of bed straight to the school's computer), to do some fun RPG thing with some 'Mooters.

And then, I thought I really woke up, but I clearly didn't because I got a PM (on a scroll) from the real Linaewen of Entmoot, whose name was Linaewen Tinuviel.

Then I woke up for real. I think?!
Old 05-20-2003, 10:03 AM   #564
Jonathan
Entmoot Attorney-General,
Equilibrating the Scales of Justice, Administrator

You are obsessed with LotR when you dream weird dreams about Entmoot (like Linaewen does).
An unwritten post is a delightful universe of infinite possibilities. Set down one word, however, and it immediately becomes earthbound. Set down one sentence and it’s halfway to being just like every other bloody entry that’s ever been written.
Old 05-20-2003, 10:10 AM   #565
Linaewen
Fair Dinkum

Quote:
Originally posted by Jonathan
You are obsessed with LotR when you dream weird dreams about Entmoot (like Linaewen does).
Tell me about it. Actually, in the dream, Linaewen Tinuviel sent the PM through you. So it was your fault, Jonathan

I'm sure there's an element of my LotR dream that I have forgotten. *shrugs*
Old 05-20-2003, 03:05 PM   #566
azalea
Long lost mooter

Quote:
Originally posted by Linaewen

-Desert (Something I associate with Star Wars, though I've not seen it yet)
Wait, wait, wait....what do you mean you haven't "seen it yet?"
Old 05-20-2003, 09:49 PM   #567
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

You're obsessed with LotR if you think Foray's (sp?) Requiem sounds like LotR music from the movie.
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:
Old 05-21-2003, 09:22 AM   #568
Linaewen
Fair Dinkum

Quote:
Originally posted by azalea
Wait, wait, wait....what do you mean you haven't "seen it yet?"
Erm.. *eyes dart around* maybe ......what of it?

Oh, I've got another of those misreading word things (Like Eleven = Elven and others) I read the biscuit brand name 'Westons' as 'Westron'. I seriously rubbed my eyes when I saw that.
Also, I found it funny when I saw someone's surname was Rohan. And in Indonesian, Rohani is a name. Hehe.

-Also, I keep moving seats to get away from the sun in the classrooms. I tell my friends I move to be away from the 'yellow face'
Old 05-21-2003, 11:52 AM   #569
Lalaith
The Elvish Temptress

I dreamt of LotR (some time ago).
I was on a adventure journey with the hobbits. Very strange.

You are obsessed if you want to convince your friends to call you Lai because you haven't got a nick name in real life.
Old 05-21-2003, 08:04 PM   #570
Dreran the Green
Lady of Legends

Someone should start a thread about LOTR dreams! Or has that been done yet? Anyway, I had one last night too. I was in M E and I got kidnapped by Sarumaun because he thought I knew where the ring was. Then when I said I didn't he turned me into a crow Then Gandalf and everyone came because it was the scene from The Voice of Sarumaun and I kept squawking "Help! I'm stuck up here in a birdcage!" So finally Gandalf made Grima throw me down the stairs and Legolas picked me up and he thought I was a cute little birdie I think I got changed back into myself after Helm's Deep, don't really remember.

You are obsessed with LOTR when someone shouts at you when you are daydreaming and you yell "Gondor!!"

*This is not actually true. The road to Hell is paved with frozen door to door salesmen. On weekends many of the younger demons go ice-skating down it. ~Good Omens
Old 05-21-2003, 09:56 PM   #571
Anglorfin
Alasailon

I think there is a thread about dreams. Maybe I am thinking of the TookTalk board though . . .

You know you're addicted to Tolkien when you are playing golf and you keep imagining yourself as Bandobras Took.

Or you entertain yourself with you Tolkien buddies by taking random words and try to rearrange the letters to make a Tolkien compatible word.

"Anglorfin was tall and straight; his hair was of shining gold, his face fair and young and fearless and full of anger; his eyes were bright and keen, and his voice like music; on his brow sat wisdom, and in his hand was great skill."
Old 05-21-2003, 10:19 PM   #572
azalea
Long lost mooter

Quote:
Originally posted by Anglorfin
I think there is a thread about dreams. Maybe I am thinking of the TookTalk board though . . .

There is one here, I think it's in Middle Earth. There's also a general Dreams thread in GM, I think.
Old 05-22-2003, 03:56 PM   #573
Radagast The Brown
Elf Lord

Anglorfin, there's a dream thread in Took talk. There's a dream thread in Entmoot too... somewhere. It was in LOTR forums. But it can be moved.
Old 05-22-2003, 10:32 PM   #574
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

I've had three extremely cool dreams about LotR. Even though I am actually a tree, I was a hobbit, or at least the role of one, in all three dreams.

I was either Sam or Pippin, and Frodo, Merry, Pippin (or Sam) and I were crossing a obstacle course-type boardwalk. It was high off the ground, but very deep snow was level with it. We were being chased by Saruman.

I was Sam, and Frodo and were going to Mordor to destroy the Ring. At one point, we were in a huge, hollow tree. From there, Gandalf led us into a dark, cave-like mine. (Read: Moria) After the mine, Frodo and I were on our own. On the path to Mordor, we were chased by a huge boulder with a mind of its own. Mordor itself was strange, and all barren, reddish rock. There was a huge, square pit, teeming with Sauron's minions. The destruction of the Ring is not actually part of this dream.

I was Frodo, and I was being chased by the Nazgul down a busy town street. It was a medieval-style town, not a modern one. They chased me on horseback, and I ran through the crowd, onto a beach. They gained on me on the beach, and I ducked into a dark warehouse. The Nazgul didn't follow me here, but wierd, small people were trying to get the Ring. I hid, lying on my stomach, under some low shelves. The ground was covered in broken glass, but I wasn't cut. The weird people reached in at me, trying to get the Ring. One wall of the warehouse was pulled down, and I escaped. On the beach, a black, horse-drawn coach pulled up, presumable to whisk me off to safety.

The End

of my three LotR dreams.

Obsessed? I'm feeling it!
Quote:
Old 05-23-2003, 08:44 AM   #575
samwiselvr2008
Elf Lord

HMMM, I haven't had a Lord of the Rings Dream in the longest time!

You know that your obsessed with The Lord of the Rings when your friends have to say your name twise to get your attention, and then say "you were dreaming about Lord of the Rings or Sam again, wernt you?" And you say "Ya, my Sammy" or "I was just thinking about Lord of the Rings and_______ was happening" At this point, they usually sigh and tell me what they had interupted my day dreaming to tell me in the first place.

Or, you know that your obsessed with Lord of the Rings when something like this happens to you:
One time, at school, I was reading Lord of the Rings, and I was so into the book, that I was reading it when the teacher told us to pute our books away, and I cept on reading for a couple of minutes, untill the teacher noticed me and yelled at me, and still, she had to yell my name more then ones for me to hear. I think that I had to write "I will listen and follow directions the first time given" like 30 times for that. Stupid english teacher, she just didn't understand. That was the first time that I read Lord of the Rings, and I just wanted to know what was going to happen!

Movie vewing count from the theater:
Return of the King:9
Two Towers: 11
Fellowship: 13

FRODO LIVES!
Old 05-24-2003, 10:42 PM   #576
Ararax
Elven Warrior

how dare you assume i am obsessed i will run ye through with my sword foul orc
*keeps screaming bout the damn saurons minions as the police drag him away*
Old 05-25-2003, 02:56 PM   #577
azalea
Long lost mooter

copied post from a duplicate thread

Quote:
ORIGINALLY POSTED BY DAEWEN SILVERSTAR
You Know You're Obsessed With LOTR When...

1- You figure out what race all of your friends would be in middle earth, even if they don't like lotr themselves

2- During the movies, you translate the elvish that didn't have subtitles

3- You refuse to date someone until you know what character they are most like in ME

4- You begin to see certain words as words from ME (ie; legless= legolas, celebrate= celeborn, lithium= luthien, ect.)

5- You accedently pronounce celebrate as kelebrate

6- You add tidbits of elvish into your conversations

7- Your friends know a fair amount about lord of the rings and they have never seen the movies or read the books...it's all from your talking

8- You have a shrine to lotr or an lotr character in your room

9- You give yourself an elvish name (or dwarvish or hobbit or whatever your favorite race might be)

10- You call your best friend Frodo and she/he calls you Sam (or vice versa)

Old 05-25-2003, 03:48 PM   #578
LeniFreak
Hobbit

Location: In a small town in a small state in a...rather overlarge country
Quote:
I'd like to see them spend a week, living life out in Helm's Deep, I don't think they would survive. If they could spend a day or two walking in an Uruk-Hai's shoes, I think they'd stumble and they'd fall. They would fall.
That is HYSTERICAL!

*Your habit of speaking Elvish has been picked up by nonobsessed friends of yours, whose older brothers then have to ask you to translate mortal insults into English.
Old 05-25-2003, 05:26 PM   #579
Dreran the Green
Lady of Legends

* You have officially declared a tree in the park to be your fortress, known as Minas DreranWatchywoozywhichacallit
* When you see someone else in your fortress, you grab the nearest thing that can pass for a magic staff and challenge them to a duel
* When they ignore you, charge at them shouting 'To the death!' in a language from Middle Earth

Old 05-25-2003, 07:54 PM   #580
Daewen Silverstar
Sapling

Strider

You start an argument with your science teacher as to why most Hobbits don't swim. I actually did this...not sure how it came up though.

You've noticed that you are using bunsun burners more and more often in science labs and are begining to think that maybe your science teacher is hanging out with Denethor too much.

You're little sister tells you to stop talking to trees.

When you hear people say doll, whether they're referring to the toy or calling someone else a doll, you imediatly think of Tom Bombabdil.