Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 05-04-2008, 05:14 PM   #561
Coffeehouse
Entmoot Minister of Foreign Affairs

"Tancavë, certainly" Quickleaf said and ran into the forest to seek out Illithenaen, a herb to quell fevers and other ailings of the head and mind.
He had spotted some earlier, down by the closest stream, when they'd first settled in the camp.
Old 05-04-2008, 05:23 PM   #562
feawen
The Lady of Laughter

Nami looked from Haldis to Abasi, "Lay her down in the shade of them tree's please Abasi." Turning to Ellysa Nami smiled comfortingly to her, "I think its only the excitement of the day Ellysa, can you fetch me some water, she's a little warm from the sun and running. She just needs to sleep it off." Nami turned ushering people away from the sleeping form of Haldis. Nami looked over her, Haldis's breathing was a little fast and shallow but it was better than it had been. All she needed was air and coolness, and something to help with her breathing. Nami sat down next to Haldis and watched over her.
Old 05-04-2008, 05:31 PM   #563
Coffeehouse

In the lush greens by the stream Quickleaf found what he was looking for. He uprooted a few stilks of the herb and paced back to the encampment.
Approaching Nami and Haldis, Quickleaf reach out his hand and revealed the herb in his palm.
"Let her inhale the essence of the herb. The scent will come out just by tingling it in front of her face. She'll come around, no worries."
Old 05-04-2008, 05:36 PM   #564
feawen
The Lady of Laughter

Nami smiled thankfully and take the leaves off Quickleaf. Brusing the leaves a little to let the scent be released a little more, Nami held out the strong but sweet smelling leaves out to Haldis.
Old 05-04-2008, 05:38 PM   #565
Willow Oran
Deus Ex Machina

Haldis jerked, nose wrinkling reflexively from the scent, and though her breathing did indeed seem to become less labored, she remained asleep.
Tough Guide To FantasyLand

...it's not much of a show if somebody doesn't suffer, and preferably at length. Suffering is beautiful in any case, and so is anguish; but as for loathing, and bitterness... I don't think they belong on the stage at all.

- Isabella, I Gelosi

Last edited by Willow Oran : 05-04-2008 at 05:42 PM.
Old 05-04-2008, 05:41 PM   #566
Coffeehouse

"We'll just have to wait, Nami. I hope Radaghast comes around though, there are all sorts of things to tend to at the moment" Quickleaf remarked.
Old 05-04-2008, 05:45 PM   #567
Curufin
The Ñoldóran

Abasi relaxed after depositing Haldis with the others. They seemed to know what ailed her, and how to heal her. He left the group, sitting down with his back against a tree, leaning his head back against it tiredly.

~The Lay of Leithian
Old 05-04-2008, 05:59 PM   #568
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

"I have spoken to the Forest," Radagast said to Tabrîl. "There is no malice in her or her actions, but she is like a way-ward child sometimes that thinks it knows all and better than others."

Radagast did respect the Forest and followed her direction if it seemed wise. But he did not obey the Forest like others did. Long ago -in a previous life it seemed- he had served her mother, the mother of all forests and forest-dwellers, Yávanna Kementari. But that same obligation did not extend to Greenwood the Great (Sometimes Radagast wondered if Celeborn had been careless in renaming the forest 'the great'. It often seemed it had gone a bit to her head.) and it was on rare occasions necessary to remind the Forest of his seniority.

"She may have amused by my words, but I know she will adhere to them. She will eventually let Haldis release this bond. Although she will not tell when that is or why she had it placed in the first place. She will also see it that your family will be informed of your absence. I fear this is still but a small comfort to you, Tabrîl, but it is all I can do for now."
Old 05-04-2008, 06:31 PM   #569
Aikanáro
Chaotic Good

Tabrîl nodded. 'As you say, Seth'enati,' she replied. Much of what he had she had not understood, these words of the forest and its actions. She suspected it was better she did not understand them, likely they were lore not for the m'haid.

But that her people would know she had not abandoned them, this was something, at least. She knew not how the forest itself could tell them, but Radagast would not lie to her, and so she appreciated the gesture. 'What will the forest tell them?' she asked, albeit hesitantly. She was unsure if it was right, to ask such a thing.

Old 05-04-2008, 06:42 PM   #570
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

"She will likely tell them that she has need of you for a while and that she has detained you until then. The Forest undoubtedly knows the way of your people better than I do, so I am confident she will find the right words for it."
Old 05-04-2008, 06:57 PM   #571
Aikanáro
Chaotic Good

It was far from ideal, Tabrîl thought, but it was also far better than nothing, and perhaps she would be forgiven for not returning. At least they would know that it was not her own doing.

'Thank you for this, Seth'enati,' she said, and then looked away, for although this lessened her sorrows, it did not end them. How was she to travel with this group of uwindi who already had driven her to behave in a way she would have thought improper if she had seen it from one of the younger m'haid in her hall?

Radagast had said he did not know how long it would take to end this binding, though, and so there was nothing further Tabrîl could ask of it. With a hand-gesture of farewell, she left Radagast, and headed back towards the others.

Towards Abasi, in fact, there was a matter she needed to raise with him. Yet she did not approach him directly, but stood nearby, glancing every so often in his direction. If he was not in the mood for company, she would not disturb him.

Last edited by Aikanáro : 05-04-2008 at 07:08 PM.
Old 05-04-2008, 07:12 PM   #572
Curufin
The Ñoldóran

Abasi looked up at her, and with a gesture of his hand, indicated the ground near him, silently offering her a place to sit.

~The Lay of Leithian
Old 05-04-2008, 07:21 PM   #573
Aikanáro
Chaotic Good

Tabrîl settled herself down where Abasi had indicated, and looked searchingly at him for a moment before she spoke.

'It was not necessary, what you did for me earlier,' she told him. 'But I am glad that you did it.'

She reached then to her belt, unclipped one of the silver rings there, the honors that she had won, and she held it out to him. It was right that he should have it, she thought. He had no tribe, to award him more, and he was certainly deserving.

Old 05-04-2008, 09:16 PM   #574
The Sasquatch of Fangorn
The Co-president of Entmoot - The Half-Dwarven Guardian of the Ancient Forest

Borin after waking up walked over to Ellysa. "Morning M'lady!"

"she turned me into a newt!!........but I got better."-Monty Python and the holy grail.

Thanks for breaking up the group Yoko!"- The reduced Shakespeare company.

Fly Eagles fly, on the road to victory.
Fight Eagles fight, score a touchdown 1-2-3.

Hit 'em low,
Hit 'em high,
And we'll watch our Eagles fly.

Fly Eagles fly on the road to victory.
Old 05-05-2008, 12:56 AM   #575
orithil
Captain Jack

Hedrim who was throughly board with everything walked up to Quickleaf, "Care to practice your dueling skills" said Hedrim as he drew his broad sword. "Come prepare yourself, if you wish..."

Cortana: So have you got a plan to get out?
Master Chief: I was gonna shoot my way out. Mix things up a little.
Old 05-05-2008, 02:32 AM   #576
Coffeehouse

Quickleaf was pleased by Hedrim's offer and took out his watered-steel blade, glowing magnificently in the sunshine, and went along to duel beneath some trees not far from the clearing.
Old 05-05-2008, 02:47 AM   #577
Willow Oran
Deus Ex Machina

Haldis woke feeling as if she had been deep in sleep for hours, and lay still with her eyes open. She was strangely comfortable, and disinclined to move, though she knew she should sit up, resume the day. How embarassing! To faint in the middle of insisting that she was well. And in front of one of the Firstborn, too.
Consciousness, and with it reality, was reasserting itself, the feeling of floating resloving into the sensation of hard ground against her back and a faint ache still in her lungs. She hoped that whatever Radagast had said to Tabrîl would prevent the need to chase after her in the future. It would be very unfortunate to grow ill from exhaustion.
Tough Guide To FantasyLand

...it's not much of a show if somebody doesn't suffer, and preferably at length. Suffering is beautiful in any case, and so is anguish; but as for loathing, and bitterness... I don't think they belong on the stage at all.

- Isabella, I Gelosi
Old 05-05-2008, 04:25 AM   #578
Curufin
The Ñoldóran

Suprised, but honoured, he took the silver ring from her, and fastened it onto his belt with a nod.

'Have you decided what you will do?'

~The Lay of Leithian
Old 05-05-2008, 05:14 AM   #579
Aikanáro
Chaotic Good

'I have,' she answered simply. 'I will live. For now,' she added, in case he misunderstood, it was a decision subject to change, if Tabrîl found that she could not bear it.

She watched Abasi closely then, trying to determine whether he thought badly of her for such a choice.

Last edited by Aikanáro : 05-05-2008 at 05:34 AM.
Old 05-05-2008, 05:37 AM   #580
feawen
The Lady of Laughter

Nami watched the group af Haldis slept. Small groups had started to form, Nami hoped this would not effect the workings of the group. But had not Nami herself already placed herself in to one of these groups. People naturely tended towards their own kin or people who shared the same thoughts or views.

Nami watched the waking Haldis for a moment then spoke gentlely

"Morning again Haldis. Are you hungry? Stay there a little while ill bring you something to eat and drink to gain your strength back."
Closed Thread