Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 11-12-2005, 06:22 PM   #561
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

well bumble already requested his slot in advance ...

does he NEED to attend?
Old 11-12-2005, 06:44 PM   #562
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

Not really... But you were late anyway, Bumble. Will you teach Western Philosophy, BB??
Old 11-12-2005, 06:53 PM   #563
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

well, only by others time keeping, not mine ...didn't someone write in bumble at ten am or something?

yeah could teach philosophy i suppose, but it will be very informal hours - we'll start with metaphysics and volition, i'll have an assistant - Des, help out, Des Cartes *sound of drum and cymbals*

anyway, old bumble is on the move, he's at tortoise warp factor 2 at the momment and accelerating ...

Serenoli, have added Tol as number 3, let me know what short summary you'd like for him there!

GW: glad you are back

UDU: try the singing swan, both barliman (for a late lunch) and at some point later bumble (and hopefully jas) will head there later: maybe they can tell you more of the dancing girls?

Last edited by Butterbeer : 11-12-2005 at 07:17 PM.
Old 11-12-2005, 07:19 PM   #564
Udukhaturz
Shadow Lord of Morgul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenoli
Say, if you don't have classes today, we (Jas and Bumble) might go out and find Udu in one of the numerous inns and pubs in Tharbad... might have a drinking contest... What do ya think?
Udu has left the governor's palace and is near the Rotten Cod Inn. If anyone wants to meet him, please feel free to do so.
Old 11-12-2005, 07:21 PM   #565
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

check me edit above ... how about the singing swan? a bit later (for bumble anyway) - he'll have to call a hansom, but he has plenty of time to catch you up ...
Old 11-12-2005, 07:25 PM   #566
Udukhaturz
Shadow Lord of Morgul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterbeer
UDU: try the singing swan, both barliman (for a late lunch) and at some point later bumble (and hopefully jas) will head there later: maybe they can tell you more of the dancing girls?
BB, I will change the post and take him north then.
Old 11-12-2005, 09:28 PM   #567
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

Udu, I can't see your post in the Main. Or you have not yet posted it?
Old 11-12-2005, 11:20 PM   #568
Serenoli
Head of the Department for the Invention and Propagation of Sugar, Spice and Everything Nice!

Telcontar, no, Tolvadok will indeed be going by an alias, Girithron. I mentioned it in one of my posts in the main, before Tol fell asleep.

BB- Thanks... short note, here goes:

Lord Tolvadok. Ex-ruler and very loyal to the shade of sauron, wandering scholar. Name used to be Girithron when he was alive, and he is using that as his name here in Tharbad. Good with a sword, even better with two. Can also use bows n arrows, spears, axes, hammers etc. etc. with skill. Shields his thoughts well, but that doesn't help much as he tends to show his emotions on his face.

Singing Swan... here I come (soon)

Is the race post up yet?

Join the Harry Potter discussion, click here

Last edited by Serenoli : 11-12-2005 at 11:24 PM.
Old 11-13-2005, 12:48 AM   #569
Udukhaturz
Shadow Lord of Morgul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordis
Udu, I can't see your post in the Main. Or you have not yet posted it?
Yes, Gordis, it is Post #492, right above Butterbeer. Check again tomorrow and see.
Old 11-13-2005, 01:29 AM   #570
Lady Marion Magdalena
Elf Lord

Hey, I decided that the university staff needed some assistant type characters, so that those of us playing professors have someone to delegate minor details that don't involve secret plots to.

Thus the characters of Gawen and Raisa. I'll eventually write bios for them. They're public characters, they're useful. Please try not to kill them off as they're the ones who take care of the tedious paperwork.
"Because it is my name! Because I cannot have another in my life! Because I lie and sign myself to lies! Because I am not worth the dust on the feet them that hang! How may I live without my name? I have given you my soul; Leave me my name!"

- The Crucible

"nolite hippopotamum vexare!"
Old 11-13-2005, 03:24 AM   #571
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Marion Magdalena
Please try not to kill them off as they're the ones who take care of the tedious paperwork.
can you send them over here when you're done with them? *pleading look as she hears her paperwork growl at her*

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!
Old 11-13-2005, 08:14 AM   #572
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

oky doky, serenoli, will do ...see you and udu at the pub later (fraid it'll be monday night for me! realtime)

Quote:
Please try not to kill them off as they're the ones who take care of the tedious paperwork.
well you have both barli and bumbles (and watsons!) words they will not try to kill them off.

...can't speak definitively for boom though ...

do the assistants have like their own staff room?

des cartes could meet up with Gawen and Raisa - i see des cartes as being VERY much over worked, though not because bumble means to just that he is so forgetful and Des just likes to help out

... maybe HE is trying to impress Prof M with his organisational skills and dedication?

mmmm .... the rivalry of Jas and Des????? ... just an idea...
Old 11-13-2005, 08:58 AM   #573
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

well, im off till monday night

character bio for watson up, Tol's summary too,

Udu and serenoli , use bumble if you wish for the getting to know you bits at the Swan in the meantime

...just .... use the force wisely, luke ....

*looks at earniel, with glint in eye - star wars here??? NO!*

best all, BB
Old 11-13-2005, 01:56 PM   #574
Telcontar_Dunedain
Warrior of the House of Hador

BB, I'm a Welsh!
Great posts guys. Will hopefully post later, but I still have people round.
Then Huor spoke and said: "Yet if it stands but a little while, then out of your house shall come the hope of Elves and Men. This I say to you, lord, with the eyes of death: though we part here for ever, and I shall not look on your white walls again, from you and me a new star shall arise. Farewell!"

The Silmarillion, Nirnaeth Arnoediad, Page 230
Old 11-13-2005, 02:54 PM   #575
Udukhaturz
Shadow Lord of Morgul

Quote:
Udu and serenoli , use bumble if you wish for the getting to know you bits at the Swan in the meantime
BB and Serenoli, we need to corrdinate a time for the Singing Swan. Udu was outside the door at 1:30 or so Monday. I think Bumbledore is still in the commerce clase.
Old 11-13-2005, 03:44 PM   #576
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

Location: Mirkwood, well actually I live in North-west Scania, Sweden
Quote:
well, only by others time keeping, not mine ...didn't someone write in bumble at ten am or something?

yeah could teach philosophy i suppose, but it will be very informal hours - we'll start with metaphysics and volition, i'll have an assistant - Des, help out, Des Cartes *sound of drum and cymbals*

anyway, old bumble is on the move, he's at tortoise warp factor 2 at the momment and accelerating ...

Serenoli, have added Tol as number 3, let me know what short summary you'd like for him there!

GW: glad you are back

Y'r welcome!
Old 11-13-2005, 04:32 PM   #577
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Udukhaturz
BB and Serenoli, we need to corrdinate a time for the Singing Swan. Udu was outside the door at 1:30 or so Monday. I think Bumbledore is still in the commerce clase.
There is no Commerce on Monday, neither there is wine-tasting, so no problem here.

I have improved Mahtaliel's timetable a bit, marking classes in colour for different professors and adding student's lists.

NEW USAT SCHEDULE
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a3...-Dis/USAT5.jpg

Udu, I liked your post from yesterday very much. I don't know why I didn't see it yesterday, either a "new page bug" or I was too tired. Why you decided not to be able to see the dancers? Perhaps this evening? You may even find the Chancellor there if you come late enough.

BB, Great posts!

Last edited by Gordis : 11-13-2005 at 06:50 PM.
Old 11-13-2005, 07:09 PM   #578
Udukhaturz
Shadow Lord of Morgul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordis
I have improved Mahtaliel's timetable a bit, marking classes in colour for different professors and adding student's lists.

NEW USAT SCHEDULE
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a3...-Dis/USAT5.jpg

Udu, I liked your post from yesterday very much. I don't know why I didn't see it yesterday, either a "new page bug" or I was too tired. Why you decided not to be able to see the dancers? Perhaps this evening? You may even find the Chancellor there if you come late enough.
Gordis, your improvements in the time table will be very helpful. Thanks for putting this up.

Glad you liked the post. The problem yesterday with seeing my post is probably one of the flukes that this site has. When I added my latest post, an automatic message said that it was duplicate of my 159th post. The site has done that before. Udu is thinking strongly about what is on the second floor.
Old 11-13-2005, 07:11 PM   #579
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

Udu, another great post. So you think to bring two wives and SIX men from the East? Wauuu!

How many bottles is Udu able to drink without getting tipsy? Just curious...
Old 11-13-2005, 07:13 PM   #580
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

That's a damn good question! I've always wondered that myself...
Ciao, all. Popping in to say hi real quick.

~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Closed Thread