Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 02-11-2006, 03:33 PM   #561
trolls' bane
Entmoot Secretary of the Treasury

Well, GW, I might have an answer, but it might take forever to find my HTML book, not to mention the fact I have to do a billion things first. I really shouldn't be mooting right now.
Old 02-11-2006, 04:04 PM   #562
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

Location: Mirkwood, well actually I live in North-west Scania, Sweden
Thanks. There's no real rush. I've done most of the work already. And this watermark thingie is just for show. Take your time.
Old 02-11-2006, 04:16 PM   #563
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

Yeah, I would have my dogs well trained...but there are too many "master" in the house. My mom loves them, but is a cat person, by brothers are complete idiots and my father...well...the only thing he has ever raised were horses (sort of) and cats.

Gah, its warm over here, and I am currently taking care of my sick parakeet, who is showing signs of comming round for the better.

I'll take a coffee.
And though they are with you yet they belong not to you.
You may give them your love but not your thoughts,
For they have their own thoughts.
You may house their bodies but not their souls,
For their souls dwell in the house of tomorrow,
which you cannot visit, not even in your dreams.
Old 02-11-2006, 06:28 PM   #564
Lady Marion Magdalena
Elf Lord

*shivers* Cold, still snowing, out of honey for tea.

On plus side went to the library and read through the first eight chapters of 'The Old Curiosity Shop'. Is good but is also giving me a new appreciation for concise writing styles. For some reason all his descriptions give his characters a cartoonish feel. I'm not quite sure if I like or not yet...

And now I must venture outside once more, this time in search of dinner.
"Because it is my name! Because I cannot have another in my life! Because I lie and sign myself to lies! Because I am not worth the dust on the feet them that hang! How may I live without my name? I have given you my soul; Leave me my name!"

- The Crucible

"nolite hippopotamum vexare!"
Old 02-11-2006, 06:36 PM   #565
Spock
An enigma in a conundrum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Marion Magdalena
*shivers* Cold, still snowing, out of honey for tea.
On plus side went to the library and read through the first eight chapters of 'The Old Curiosity Shop'.
Yep, in Lexington we have at least 5-6" already and it shows no sign of stopping. I've moved the cars to the end of the drive in hopes we can get out on Monday. Not a sign of a plow or sander; good old rural Va.

The Old Curiosity Shop is a great read. Enjoy while the snow settles in.

And now for some hot chocolate.

Last edited by Spock : 02-11-2006 at 06:37 PM.
Old 02-11-2006, 07:14 PM   #566
trolls' bane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey_Wolf
Thanks. There's no real rush. I've done most of the work already. And this watermark thingie is just for show. Take your time.
Okay. I'll have the information for you within only three billion years. If I remember...
Old 02-11-2006, 07:28 PM   #567
Last Child of Ungoliant
The Intermittent One

Quote:
Originally Posted by trolls' bane
That it is! My friend Data. (WARNING: May Ruing Star Trek: Nemesis and perhaps a few Next Generation episodes):
Sad, that he had to die. He was the best. Why couldn't someone useless be killed off, like Ensign Ro, or one of those ignorant admirals, like the one who wanted to take Data's daughter away and whom I suspect had something to do with her malfunction after she experienced emotion, or one of the Q, though not necessarily Q himself. In fact, why wasn't Q there to save Data! Or at least his wife Q, or his son q. Or someone! WHY!!!!! *sob*. Where was Q when he would have actually been useful? WHY!?

I don't seem to remember seeing his cat in quite a few episodes. Wonder where Spot disappeared to, if he did at all. And whatever hapened to Wes Crusher?
i thought the ending to nemesis was good though, sort of hinting at B4 picking up where data left off
Old 02-11-2006, 07:35 PM   #568
trolls' bane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Child of Ungoliant
i thought the ending to nemesis was good though, sort of hinting at B4 picking up where data left off
That's what I heard, that
Data transferred all his info to B-4. But doesn't B-4 seem kind of clueless even at the end, except for that song?
Old 02-11-2006, 08:01 PM   #569
Lady Marion Magdalena
Elf Lord

Quote:
The Old Curiosity Shop is a great read. Enjoy while the snow settles in.
Will do. But for this evening I'm taking a break and going to see the school's production of 'The Vagina Monologues'. Hopefully it'll be good.
"Because it is my name! Because I cannot have another in my life! Because I lie and sign myself to lies! Because I am not worth the dust on the feet them that hang! How may I live without my name? I have given you my soul; Leave me my name!"

- The Crucible

Old 02-11-2006, 11:13 PM   #570
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

I would LOVE to see the famous "Vagina Monologues!" What school is putting on the production, Maggie? Is that in Seattle?

And everyone with their snow! I feel for you guys - no wait, I take that back. It would be SO COOL to be able to have snow! Southern California lately has been the same - gorgeous every day, no such thing as "snow" around here - what is this "snow?" I miss the snow, man. I wonder if my family in Northern Georgia's getting snow right now.

~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Old 02-11-2006, 11:21 PM   #571
trolls' bane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotesse
I would LOVE to see the famous "Vagina Monologues!" What school is putting on the production, Maggie? Is that in Seattle?

And everyone with their snow! I feel for you guys - no wait, I take that back. It would be SO COOL to be able to have snow! Southern California lately has been the same - gorgeous every day, no such thing as "snow" around here - what is this "snow?" I miss the snow, man. I wonder if my family in Northern Georgia's getting snow right now.
No major sand storms where you live Lotesse?
I beleive it is the end (or only the beginning?) of Monsoon season in the desert here.
Old 02-11-2006, 11:36 PM   #572
Lady Marion Magdalena
Elf Lord

My college put it on here in Virginia. I was lazy and didn't audition for it when I could've. Now I wish I had... I could've done a better job of acting than some of the girls who were in it.

Fortunately it's the sort of show that holds its own regardless of acting quality. I'm glad I finally got a chance to see it.

- The Crucible

Old 02-11-2006, 11:42 PM   #573
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Quote:
No major sand storms where you live Lotesse?
I beleive it is the end (or only the beginning?) of Monsoon season in the desert here.
No man, no sand storms happenin' in Hollywood! Or Manhattan Beach, either, for that matter. It's been warm, sunny, nothing abnormal at all the last few days, except maybe TOO warm like the day before yesterday. In some inland areas, there's been wind, and red flag warnings and so forth, but not around me. I actually like the crazy-winds, the hot crazy-winds are the bomb. They make people crazy, but they make me perfectly calm and - happy. I love the chaos and uncertainty of those Santa Ana winds. Hmm. What does that say about me... *thinksthinks* Well, I am kinda crazy, or so they say...

Lady M - I've only heard about the Vagina Monologues; never read the play or seen it performed. I wish I could get my hands on a copy of the play, though.

Last edited by Lotesse : 02-11-2006 at 11:43 PM.
Old 02-12-2006, 12:01 AM   #574
trolls' bane

Quote:
No man, no sand storms happenin' in Hollywood! Or Manhattan Beach, either, for that matter. It's been warm, sunny, nothing abnormal at all the last few days, except maybe TOO warm like the day before yesterday. In some inland areas, there's been wind, and red flag warnings and so forth, but not around me. I actually like the crazy-winds, the hot crazy-winds are the bomb. They make people crazy, but they make me perfectly calm and - happy. I love the chaos and uncertainty of those Santa Ana winds. Hmm. What does that say about me... *thinksthinks* Well, I am kinda crazy, or so they say...

Lady M - I've only heard about the Vagina Monologues; never read the play or seen it performed. I wish I could get my hands on a copy of the play, though.
Well, the play my stepdad was in, called "I'm Going to Kill the President" was voted the best play of 2005 or something. Never saw it myself, but you should.
Old 02-12-2006, 12:05 AM   #575
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

It is Saturday night, ladies and gentlemen, so - Silver Patron shots and grilled shrimp for all my moot buddies!!!

Old 02-12-2006, 12:11 AM   #576
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Quote:
Well, the play my stepdad was in, called "I'm Going to Kill the President" was voted the best play of 2005 or something. Never saw it myself, but you should.
I would LOVE to see such a play! Right up my alley. Is your step-dad a minor celebrity, trolls' bane? I have a feeling that he is. If you feel like it, can you PM me and tell me who he is? I bet I would recognise his name. You've mentioned a lot of movies and shows that you say he's been in, or been somehow a part of, so either he's a background actor, or he's a producer, or - something. So curious!

Old 02-12-2006, 12:17 AM   #577
trolls' bane

Quote:
I would LOVE to see such a play! Right up my alley. Is your step-dad a minor celebrity, trolls' bane? I have a feeling that he is. If you feel like it, can you PM me and tell me who he is? I bet I would recognise his name. You've mentioned a lot of movies and shows that you say he's been in, or been somehow a part of, so either he's a background actor, or he's a producer, or - something. So curious!
I'll just tell ya here! (Saves me the wait for the net to load, which cuts about ten minutes off my day at the end--a substantial amount, that.)
His name is Edward Pellettieri. Yeah, he's a background actor who happens to be in well known movies. Have you ever seen The Fourth Tenor? With Rodney Dangerfield? One of Rodney's last movies. Eddy gets a twenty three second full frame shot, though he only mumbles nervously. And because of knowing him personally, that's where
EDDIE got its name.
Old 02-12-2006, 12:26 AM   #578
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Never heard of him! But I have been in well-known movies & shows, too - me and my car were in Desperate Housewives, I was in Princess Diaries 2, and a few Bernie Mac episodes, and other shows but I have to look through my old Central Casting payslips to remember all the different projects. Had a lot going on last year & the year before especially; it's hard to remember all the stuff I did. Not all of it was legal, either... *looks shiftily & nervously side to side, tucks self away back into the shadows*

Old 02-12-2006, 12:30 AM   #579
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

I ran into Rodney Dangerfield like three years ago at Greenblatt's Deli on Sunset & Laurel, up the street where I used to live. He looked like a slightly older version of himself in Caddyshack, and only slightly less animated. He was the bomb! He was right behinfd me in line, to buy wine or something, there with a couple other people. I do love that crazy cat, R.I.P.. My dad REALLY loves Rodney Dangerfield!

Old 02-12-2006, 12:56 AM   #580
trolls' bane

Quote:
I ran into Rodney Dangerfield like three years ago at Greenblatt's Deli on Sunset & Laurel, up the street where I used to live. He looked like a slightly older version of himself in Caddyshack, and only slightly less animated. He was the bomb! He was right behinfd me in line, to buy wine or something, there with a couple other people. I do love that crazy cat, R.I.P.. My dad REALLY loves Rodney Dangerfield!
Wine...*glances back and forth between people who have seen Fourth Tenor with big, knowing grin*
Closed Thread