Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 12-28-2002, 12:02 AM   #541
Adrian Baggins
Frodo's lil sis HP LotR fan

ooc:must go to bed now it is past 10 o'clock here and my mom is making me.

ic:"You just answered a question I didn't even ask. How did you know I didn't know where we were going?" I asked moving foreward at her statement then freezing in my spot.

ooc:goodnight
Owner of the 3 unknown rings

I LIKE HIEI!! LOOK AT MY AVITAR IF YOU DON'T KNOW WHO THAT IS!!

H. Hysterically cold
I. Insanely unhuman
E. Effortlessly mocking
I. Irresistabely hott

"You're a team player, a save-the-day superhero *pause* I hate people like you." ~Hiei
Old 12-28-2002, 12:02 AM   #542
Fred Baggins
Belladona Gamgee of the night sky

Location: second star to the right and straight on till morning.
I nodded and and messaged, though what I was talking about, i later relized I had no idea what meant. I think I was wavering back and forth from wizard to me. <You have the gift then. You have the making of a powerful one indeed Empress.> Little did I relize I myself was leaning on a wooden staff.
Old 12-28-2002, 12:11 AM   #543
Silverstripe
Empress of the Writewraiths

Location: Running around somewhere inside my head. So what are YOU doing here?!
I was about to lie to Adrian Baggins, to tell her she simply looked confused ... but no. I could tell she was one of my people, and could be trusted. I had no reason to lie. "I don't know. It's just something I--" At that moment I felt a surge of panic coming from someone nearby. Someone was afraid ... but who?

<Yes, Calien> said Hunter quickly. <Of course a leader -- the Empress of the Writewraiths -- must be powerful. Especially with such powerful subjects as Starletta and Faith.>

<Wait, what do you mean, "Faith"?!>

At that moment, Buddy howled.
Old 12-28-2002, 12:22 AM   #544
Fred Baggins

When Buddy howled I looked up startled, back to myself, though I still held the staff. I thought quickly back to my studies of the wolves. Wargs are much like wolves, and there howls, I had learned in the short time I had been there, meant much the same thing. Relived, I relized he was just howling a hu-wait...a hunt song? I listened again. Good I was mistaken. It had just been a howl. I noticed Kathie looking strangly at me, and Hunter suspiciously.
Old 12-28-2002, 12:27 AM   #545
Silverstripe

"Tell me, what would Hunter mean by calling you powerful?" I asked, gazing at Faith intently. "And, yes, I will know if you're lying. Though I don't think you will."
Old 12-28-2002, 12:35 AM   #546
Fred Baggins

I drew back wary of the gaze that met mine. For the first time I relized who she really was, of the power she truely held over me. I have to admit...it frightened me. I was not ready to be kept under the power of another yet. These thoughts and many more poured through my head in a split second, and if I could have watched myself I'm sure I would have seen a child, of 15, who is off on an adventure, and doesn't quite know what to do, a frightened child. But then, I'm sure the face of the child must have aged to 20, or 30, or older. In the place of fright was instead a smug contented look.

"I know you will know a lie. I never thought to lie. It is true I have a power, unlike that of anyone else in this world at this moment. I hold the power of Gandalf the Grey."
Old 12-28-2002, 12:48 AM   #547
Silverstripe

I knew that I'd startled Faith, and smiled to reassure her, and myself. I was beginning to discover my new powers, and they frightened me. I wondered, not for the last time, if I should refuse to be the Empress. But something told me, then, that that wouldn't be right.

"Aye, and p'raps you should be glad his beard doesn't go with it!" I teased.

Unfortunately, this seemed to frighten Faith more, perhaps because I showed little surprise at her statement. I looked away, close to tears. I wanted so much to reassure my friend.

But no matter what powers I had, or how confident I might try to seem, I was still a frightened sixteen year old girl at heart. Not even a frightened young elf: I simply felt like a scared young human girl. Katharine Welsh, not Calien. Or was this Calien, too? I couldn't decide.

"I'm sorry, I just, I-I don't know what to say," I confessed.
Old 12-28-2002, 12:55 AM   #548
Fred Baggins

"Nah, it's ok, I'm not much used to it I guess. It feels so wierd when it comes out, and I'm not sure how to react." Like just now. I thought I almost had a feeling like you where my worst enemy.

"But what can I say, it may be awhile before any of us get used to this." Buddy's howl changed tones, and I became worried. They where threatening, commanding tones. I know little of the wargish tounge and he spoke so fast I hardly understood it.

'She will not remember...you will not tell her...ruin everything.'
Old 12-28-2002, 01:05 AM   #549
Silverstripe

My eyes flashed, and I drew myself up to full height, reminiscint of something my aunt Losillewen had often done. Anyone who'd seen that would've sworn I grew at least six inches then. 'My brother. What, Snakesnout, do you not want them to tell me?!' And why did I just call you THAT?! Then I backed down, looking at Buddy, our leader, in horror. 'I'm sorry, my Eldest Brother.' Buddy smirked.

Last edited by Silverstripe : 12-28-2002 at 01:11 AM.
Old 12-28-2002, 01:20 AM   #550
Fred Baggins

I watched Buddy smirk at her and say, "Snakesnout. I have not heard that for many a day, Nadorhuan. Perhaps next time you should watch your mouth when speacking to your leader." He began to walk away, and I saw a surt of something wake up in Calien. She had not got her answer, and wanted it. "WHAT, do you not want them to tell me!" The foolish warg contined to walk. I started in this time. "Danger! Answer her, you may be her leader but you are still under MY command." He turned around, and stared at her for a long time. "Of your...other reasponsibitlys."
Old 12-28-2002, 01:26 AM   #551
Silverstripe

"Other responsibilities?" I was close to a growl now, perhaps as close to an agressive human version of Killer as I would ever be. 'Wait...I've called you Snakesnout before, have I not?' I shouted in the tongue of the Kin, the tongue only my brothers, sisters and I knew (and Faith). 'Why? How did I ever dare?!' I glared at Buddy. 'Tell me what you mean by my "other responsibilities."' My heart was pounding, for I knew he, as leader, could punish me for speaking to him that way, for trying to command him. But I was so angry that I had spoken without thinking, and my rage still allowed me to glare at the warg.

Last edited by Silverstripe : 12-29-2002 at 10:54 PM.
Old 12-28-2002, 01:34 AM   #552
Fred Baggins

I watched as Buddy seemed to get very upset at her. No this was not Buddy, it was Danger. He seemed to grow slightly himself, and now LOOKED more powerful then Calien, but I knew where the real power lay, I could feel it, just as Belladona was able to feel Nata-of forget those stupid fanfics. Woah, did I just say that?

"Perhaps you have forgotten your real line here. Forgotten who is above you? Shall I be forced to put you in your place?"

He was still grasping on that last little bit of line of the leadership which was no longer there for him. He'd blown it. I could tell from the look on Calien's face. She was very angry, and he knew it and she lashed out a little at him. He cringed, then stood straight again, the power still lingering.

"Or perhaps, I shall gain what is rightfully mine, from you. The leadership."

Last edited by Fred Baggins : 12-28-2002 at 01:35 AM.
Old 12-28-2002, 01:47 AM   #553
Silverstripe

"So." As I realized what "Buddy" had been doing to me all this time, I was filled with a wrath I had never known, and I poured all my anger and contempt into that one word.

Last edited by Silverstripe : 12-28-2002 at 01:55 AM.
Old 12-28-2002, 01:52 AM   #554
Fred Baggins

As I watched I saw a strange sight. An elf, tall and great, powerful, more than I had ever seen, and a warg, almost as powerful, perhaps more so. The warg circled Calien.

"Your Leadership!" Growled Danger. "It is rightfully mine! It belongs to me! By all rights it has always been mine. You"(and he spit that word out)" are nothing more than an obsticle"
Old 12-28-2002, 01:54 AM   #555
Silverstripe

I watched Snakesnout circle me, and now I knew exactly what to do. I transformed into my warg form, and this time, I was able to control myself from the start. Snakesnout and I circled each other, snarling fiercely. Yet there would be no blood shed on this night. This was to be a contest of magic, not of physical strength.
Old 12-28-2002, 01:59 AM   #556
Fred Baggins

Danger chanted a quick spell in the tongue of the Kin, immobilizing all who were not in the fight,though we could still watch.

Last edited by Fred Baggins : 12-28-2002 at 02:03 AM.
Old 12-28-2002, 02:05 AM   #557
Silverstripe

I looked at Snakesnout, saying no words, silently casting a spell. Snakesnout flew into the air, and crashed heavily to the ground. He got up, panting a little, and I braced myself for what he was about to do.

Last edited by Silverstripe : 12-28-2002 at 02:10 AM.
Old 12-28-2002, 02:15 AM   #558
Fred Baggins

'Silent one, are you now?' growled Danger. 'Then I will give you a reason for your silence!' He jerked his head violently, and suddenly Rraellia was struggling to breath.
Old 12-28-2002, 02:23 AM   #559
Silverstripe

I looked at Danger in anger and grief. The warg was aiming to kill! Had he forgotten he was fighting Kin? No, he had truly become so evil that even the Kin no longer mattered to him. Carefully, quickly, I countered Snakesnout's spell, but it was draining; already I was beginning to tire. Without hesitating, I threw Snakesnout high into the air, and this time, I held high into the air. I could have killed him then, but he was my brother still, and I could not bring myself to do it. 'Surrender, brother,' I said. 'Yield now, and all will be forgiven.'
Old 12-28-2002, 02:25 AM   #560
Fred Baggins

I watched in horrer as the warg just snarled.

'Go ahead and Kill me.'
Closed Thread