Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Lord of the Rings Books
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 05-11-2003, 07:08 AM   #541
Elf Girl
Lurker

Quote:
Originally posted by Linaewen
You know you're obsessed when you accidentally write "Middle Earth" instead of "Middle East" for some History assignment or other. Repeatedly.
I did that!

Quote:
You accidentally refer to yourself as your Entmoot username, forgetting your Atani name.
Well, everyone who doesn't know me at my school refers to me as 'the Elf Girl' (either that or 'the hippie elf on LSD') so I pretty much answer to that now.
Old 05-11-2003, 07:24 AM   #542
Linaewen
Fair Dinkum

Quote:
Originally posted by Elf Girl

Well, everyone who doesn't know me at my school refers to me as 'the Elf Girl' (either that or 'the hippie elf on LSD') so I pretty much answer to that now.
Hippie on LSD?! Horrible. Just unsheath your sword a bit at school...perhaps they will stop a little....

You know you're obsessed when you refuse to do anything normal during a day, so you can read LotR. Such as having a shower, eating, or Eru forbid... going to the toilet!

You also bring your LotR books to restaurants, to read there. Never mind that it is a formal occasion, and people stare at you.
Old 05-11-2003, 07:25 AM   #543
Lalaith
The Elvish Temptress

Quote:

You accidentally refer to yourself as your Entmoot username, forgetting your Atani name.
I always refer to my entmoot name online. I am registered under my real name on another message board and everytime I write something I want to sign with Lalaith. It's weird.
And when somebody replies with saying my real name I'm really confused.
I'm obsessed. It's a shame.
Old 05-11-2003, 07:36 AM   #544
Linaewen
Fair Dinkum

Quote:
Originally posted by Lalaith
I always refer to my entmoot name online. I am registered under my real name on another message board and everytime I write something I want to sign with Lalaith. It's weird.
And when somebody replies with saying my real name I'm really confused.
Now that is a shame. I don't forget my real name that much unlike [edited]. (Yes, Lai, that IS you!)

edited by azalea. Named user requested it to be edited in her next post.
Old 05-11-2003, 09:47 AM   #545
Lalaith
The Elvish Temptress

Quote:
Now that is a shame. I don't forget my real name that much, unlike .... (Yes, Lai, that IS you!)
Now you told them my real name. Edit it. Edit it. Please.
Old 05-11-2003, 12:24 PM   #546
slave21ring
Sapling

Gollum

u know u are way 2 obsessed w/ smeagol when:

3.) u refer to yourself as "we" and you're constantly talking to "my precious"

4.) u hate elves of all sorts

5.) stupid fat slow hobbits get on your nerves

6.) u only eat raw meat. they can keep their nassty fish and chips, we likes nice conies.

7.) your last boyfriend gave u the 1 ring after going out 4 a week!

8.) your schizophrenic, and no matter how much other people tell you to stop muttering to yourself in dark corners, you can't stop.

unfortunetly, most of these r true 4 me.

more later
Old 05-11-2003, 12:34 PM   #547
Elf Girl
Lurker

Is 4 true for you?

*sob* She hates me!
Old 05-11-2003, 12:51 PM   #548
Lalaith
The Elvish Temptress

Why are we, the Elves, always hated? What have we done? *suffering with Elf Girl*
Old 05-11-2003, 01:54 PM   #549
azalea
Long lost mooter

Quote:

BTW: Today I saw 'Azalea Park' and chuckled. When we wrote questions for 'To Kill A Mockingbird Trivia' in class, my one related to azaleas (Miss Maudie's favourite flower) Hehe.
Lol, I do the same types of things -- for instance, yesterday I went to the beach and it was off of a street named Wayfarer Lane, so of course I thought of Entmoot!
Old 05-11-2003, 02:01 PM   #550
Elf Girl
Lurker

Quote:
Hippie on LSD?! Horrible. Just unsheath your sword a bit at school...perhaps they will stop a little....
I don't mind 'hippie' at all. It's true, really. But I am NOT on LSD, nor have I ever been, nor will I ever be!
Old 05-12-2003, 03:58 AM   #551
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

At your local movie theatre, you insist that the ticket seller lets you buy an advance RotK ticket, right now.

When he doesn't, you call him tricksies and demand to speak to his manager.

Elves are my friends, because I am a tree. (Wow slave21ring, you really are obsessed. But with all LotR, or only Gollum? That's one thing I don't get about Gollum, compared to pretty much everyone else, besides Frodo, the Elves were quite nice to him!)

edit: wrote "Elves" instead of "Gollum" um... oops!
Originally Posted by hectorberlioz
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessar
IM IN UR THREDZ, EDITN' UR POSTZ

Last edited by Nurvingiel : 05-12-2003 at 03:59 AM.
Old 05-12-2003, 03:49 PM   #552
slave21ring
Sapling

Gollum

hehe, i am as obsess w/ LotR as I am w/ smeagol. and I don't always hate elves... remember, i'm schizophrenic.
there's a site I absolutely love; it's iamsmeagol.net ; the only downfall to it is that the creater says that she is smeagol when, so obviously, i am! unfortunely, it's down right now; being redone or whatever; I check back every day to see if she's done!
[SIZE=6 COLOR=red] SMEAGOL LIVES!!!!!![/SIZE]
www.iamsmeagol.net
Old 05-12-2003, 07:43 PM   #553
Bombadillo
"The Bomb"

Quote:
Originally posted by slave21ring

[SIZE=6 COLOR=red] SMEAGOL LIVES!!!!!![/SIZE]
Noooooooooo... That's bad...
BUt, I actually have a real studder type thing and I often find myself talking to me. But I was like that before I read LotR, so that's irrelevant and frankly off-topic... so I'll post somethiong usefull:

... you see a big pile of crap in the woods and you think "Beorn!"

... whenever you see a guy with long hair and a beard you want to thank him for protecting your town.

... if you hear someone swallow or make a gutteral noise you get suspicious of them.

... every time you see a pipe you start to cry because it reminds you of JRR. *bows head*

... when your lost in a vast, isolated forest without any provisions or company, you look at some tree and are reminded. "Damn. I miss the moot."
Old 05-12-2003, 08:13 PM   #554
Anglorfin
Alasailon

Quote:
Originally posted by Bombadillo
... when your lost in a vast, isolated forest without any provisions or company, you look at some tree and are reminded. "Damn. I miss the moot."
BAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! Just struck me as hilarious for some reason.

"Anglorfin was tall and straight; his hair was of shining gold, his face fair and young and fearless and full of anger; his eyes were bright and keen, and his voice like music; on his brow sat wisdom, and in his hand was great skill."
Old 05-12-2003, 09:25 PM   #555
Starr Polish
Elf Lord

Location: Slow down and I sail on the river, slow down and I walk to the hill
- You know the actual disorder that Gollum/Smeagol has, and it's NOT schizophrenia. It's multiple personality disorder. Anyone who claims to be Gollum might be schizo though.

-Your cell phone has "Mae Govannen" as its' welcome screen and says "Frodo Lives!" when it's idle

- Your prom dress was representative of a LOTR/medieval style, long sleeves, circlet and all

-Your Frodoll is your internet monitor

-You try to incorporate LOTR into every art project you can

-You plan on staying at your job at the theater until December just to dress up LOTR style for the opening weekend of ROTK, and to get ACTUAL movie posters.
Old 05-13-2003, 08:39 AM   #556
Lady_Of_The_Wood
Sapling

Strider i'm guilty

that.[/FONT] I'm guilty of almost all of Them My family says "i need a life" but come on tolkien is a genuis. who else could come up with such cool names. I couldn't . well sam is a common name but he changed it all. Sam became samwise and bill became bilbo. See tolkien is a genuis. The only way to be obsessed is to stalk Tolkiens descendants and i wouldn't want to do that
Old 05-16-2003, 08:41 AM   #557
Linaewen
Fair Dinkum

You apologise to your books when you are too busy to read them.
Old 05-17-2003, 01:34 PM   #558
Dreran the Green
Lady of Legends

You get totally freaked out if you forget how to spell Sauron's name and start frantically searching for the correct spelling.

But its OK cos I remembered

Oh yeah here's another:

There are absolutely NO MORE quizzes in the world on LOTR/Middle Earth/Tolkien/Any specific character or race in ME you have not taken. Its kinda boring

*This is not actually true. The road to Hell is paved with frozen door to door salesmen. On weekends many of the younger demons go ice-skating down it. ~Good Omens

Last edited by Dreran the Green : 05-18-2003 at 11:04 AM.
Old 05-18-2003, 04:04 PM   #559
Daewen Silverstar
Sapling

Strider

A few from my own personal experience:

-You call your best friend Frodo and she/he calls you Sam

-You begin to see certain words from everyday life as words from Middle Earth. For example, Ford, i see a Frodo, Celebrate as Celeborn, Lithium as Luthien, Habbit as Hobbit, and Going and Gollum

-You really want a sword. BAD. So bad that you went into the local army surplus store and kept nagging the guy to sell you one but he refused.

-You then tried to hit the guy up to sell you a pocket knife at the very least...but he wouldn't let you buy one because you were too young (you have to be 18. go figure)

-You try to add bits and pieces of Elvish into your daily conversations

-You have memorized the Elvish lines in the movie and quote them at random, hoping that someone will respond correctly (ie; you say to the guy you like "renich i lu i erui govannem?" and hope he will respond with "nauthannen i ned ol reniannen."

-You get so upset that people don't know the proper way to respond that you go to www.elvish.org/gwaith/movie.htm and print out all the elvish lyrics and make your friends read them with you so that you can have an elvish conversation

-You keep telling all the guys you know to take the lord of the rings personality test at selectsmart.com hoping that one of them will get Aragorn (since you have the BIGGEST crush on him)

-When people notice that your best friend (the above mentioned Frodo) is calling you Sam, they start doing it too, but you get mad because only Frodo can call you Sam, but tell them that they can call you Arwen if they'd like.

-For a project in Modern Arts class you decided to do a got milk advertisement...using Legolas as the one with the milk mustache and having it say,
"Being on the go all the time makes it hard to get the nutrition I need. To keep fighting orcs I need more than just lembas...I need milk! It gives me the calcium I need to keep killing orcs...and to keep sweeping ladies off their feet."

-You wish the above mentioned Frodo could get hurt in the wild so that you could take care of her/him and take her/him to safety.

-All of your favorite websites are Lord of the Rings related

-You feel disloyal when you read another fantasy book
Old 05-18-2003, 04:43 PM   #560
Dreran the Green
Lady of Legends

Mwahahahaa, its all so true!

*This is not actually true. The road to Hell is paved with frozen door to door salesmen. On weekends many of the younger demons go ice-skating down it. ~Good Omens
Closed Thread