Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 06-01-2009, 07:40 PM   #541
Amael
Elven Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ingwe View Post
HAIL THE ENTMOOT, SOMETHING SOMETHING SOMETHING! Lord and Steward of the Ents!

I come with cookies in this dawg haua (dark hour as Gandalf says it), and with donuts.

Perhaps you've come to explain this...perhaps you've come to tell me why my donuts are damp.

The donuts we used as a shield, to save ourselves, my kinsmen and me. The donuts fell defending us from many foes.

OH NOES!!!1
ZOMGWTFBBQ1115678910! Now you are under my hypnotic control, my dear. Resistance is futile. Your donuts you surrender to me. You've had too many already! And the coffee too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mari View Post
Donuts? SUGAR! *is in dire need of a sugarboost*
Great timing Ingwe!
He always barges in unexpected but at just the right time. Today he came home from work and barged through the door, scared me half to death! And he proclaimed and let it be known that, "the beacons of Minas Tirith, the beacons are lit, Gondor calls for aide!"

It was so unexpected and pleasantly hilarious, but I kept myself from laughing too hard, just so I could say .. "Minas Tirith ... it's a long way off ... screw them!"

Quote:
No! I needed sugar to stay awake!
I nearly missed my stop when I fell asleep in the train earlier
Especially with allergies. That's what gets me. I take Benedryl for that, which invariably makes me drowsy, and even coffee won't help me stay awake. But if I had nothing sugary before that, I'm out for way too long to count. An average night of sleep for me, for the last over 5 months has been 6 hours, which isn't too bad. When I take Benedryl though, I'm out for 12.

And so I must go and get more coffee. Fortunately today, no allergies. And getting an allergy shot today was probably a good idea.
Old 06-01-2009, 10:02 PM   #542
Acalewia
Halfelven Daughter of the Dunedain, President of Entmoot

Hi, Amy. Glad to see you back.

Speaking of LotR impressions, I crack my husband up with a random "Precioussss! Losssst!"

I got him good the day we watched the EE together for the first time. In FotR, when the crew arrive in Lothloren, Gimli says something in dwarvish that's not subtitled. I had found a site with translations so I knew what he said and started laughing. Hubby asked what was so funny. I tell him that gimli had said "I spit on your grave," He thought I could speak Dwarvish

I finally admitted I couldn't speak Dwarvish and told him about the site. It was funny, though.

And the photo lab feels so good without all the tension. I'm surprised no one else could feel it.

Don't meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

"Don't be such a sour wolf" Stiles ~ Heart Monitor

http://www.wattpad.com/user/IceQueenofMitera
Old 06-01-2009, 11:48 PM   #543
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

Location: Mirkwood, well actually I live in North-west Scania, Sweden
"And we're back on M.O.O.T. 102,2 with this Marianne Faithful tune played by the Moots..."

My Amael of the Moot
She'll laugh and dance and sing
To cheer her hubby Ingwe
At his homecoming.

A little room together,
An hour of love to spend.
"comme ça, your arms around me,"
Oh, mon ami, my friend.

But she, how she remembers
That other love and joy.
The first, the best,
The dearest tired Ingwe, hubby.

A narrow room alone now,
Rain on the roof above
And he will sleep forever,
Oh, mon ami, my love.

My Amael of the Moot
She does not sit and grieve,
But sings away her sorrows
To cheer her hubby Ingwe.

For life is short and funny
And love must have an end.
An hour may be forever
Oh, mon ami, my friend.

An hour may be forever
Oh, mon ami, my friend.

Thank you!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFyN8...om=PL&index=35

(Sorry - but Marianne singing this tune isnt to found on Youtube. But the song is the same I guess.)

Last edited by Grey_Wolf : 06-01-2009 at 11:51 PM.
Old 06-02-2009, 12:15 AM   #544
Ingwe
Elven Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amael View Post

ZOMGWTFBBQ1115678910! Now you are under my hypnotic control, my dear. Resistance is futile. Your donuts you surrender to me. You've had too many already! And the coffee too!
ARGYUUHHH! GET TO THA CHOPPA! No donuts 4 u! Coffee mine too! Awhhrawwh!

Quote:
He always barges in unexpected but at just the right time. Today he came home from work and barged through the door, scared me half to death! And he proclaimed and let it be known that, "the beacons of Minas Tirith, the beacons are lit, Gondor calls for aide!"

It was so unexpected and pleasantly hilarious, but I kept myself from laughing too hard, just so I could say .. "Minas Tirith ... it's a long way off ... screw them!"
You broke the whole line with that! The line is broken!!! Now Mehrunes Dagon is hear! Reddy ur wepinz! Look what you did! The line is ended! *looks over wall to see 200,000 orcs, trolls, and wow this is new, dragons, looking up at the walls of Minas Tirith, well at least we got there fast with the power of imagination*

Quote:
Especially with allergies. That's what gets me. I take Benedryl for that, which invariably makes me drowsy, and even coffee won't help me stay awake. But if I had nothing sugary before that, I'm out for way too long to count. An average night of sleep for me, for the last over 5 months has been 6 hours, which isn't too bad. When I take Benedryl though, I'm out for 12.

And so I must go and get more coffee. Fortunately today, no allergies. And getting an allergy shot today was probably a good idea.
Ah you wuss. I've had two allergy attacks that were as powerful as 20 bullet ants stinging...at the same time! Roflcopter. Actually, glad I took you to get that allergy shot. We all sneeze in here, and it seems like when you sneeze, I'm soon to follow. And trust me, everyone here, nobody wants to see me sneeze. It's the most-effective siege weapon you could imagine!

*sneezes*

*all the trees on Earth die, sad face*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acalewia View Post
Hi, Amy. Glad to see you back.

Speaking of LotR impressions, I crack my husband up with a random "Precioussss! Losssst!"

I got him good the day we watched the EE together for the first time. In FotR, when the crew arrive in Lothloren, Gimli says something in dwarvish that's not subtitled. I had found a site with translations so I knew what he said and started laughing. Hubby asked what was so funny. I tell him that gimli had said "I spit on your grave," He thought I could speak Dwarvish

I finally admitted I couldn't speak Dwarvish and told him about the site. It was funny, though.

And the photo lab feels so good without all the tension. I'm surprised no one else could feel it.
I don't know if Tolkien did make a complete Dwarven language, could be wrong. Also, thanks for welcoming me back a couple of pages back. I missed this place. And yeah, Amy's back too, and with the random humor I've come to relate to. Thanks to not so much stress this month, matters are beginning to mend. Khuzdul I think is the name for the Dwarven language, it's so esoteric that I don't think any of the Elves have ever really spoken it.

Yeah, Gimli was pretty harsh on Haldir. I didn't know until a few months ago what "Ish ka quee, Ig doogrung null" or whatever it is meant. But it sounded a lot like he was telling Haldir to go either to h*ll, or to go and do things with himself...nasty things. I figured it was either that or he was telling Haldir that "Haldir, I wish Morgoth would come and eat your brains."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey_Wolf View Post
"And we're back on M.O.O.T. 102,2 with this Marianne Faithful tune played by the Moots..."

My Amael of the Moot
She'll laugh and dance and sing
To cheer her hubby Ingwe
At his homecoming.

A little room together,
An hour of love to spend.
"comme ça, your arms around me,"
Oh, mon ami, my friend.

But she, how she remembers
That other love and joy.
The first, the best,
The dearest tired Ingwe, hubby.

A narrow room alone now,
Rain on the roof above
And he will sleep forever,
Oh, mon ami, my love.

My Amael of the Moot
She does not sit and grieve,
But sings away her sorrows
To cheer her hubby Ingwe.

An hour may be forever
Oh, mon ami, my friend.

An hour may be forever
Oh, mon ami, my friend.

Thank you!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFyN8...om=PL&index=35

(Sorry - but Marianne singing this tune isnt to found on Youtube. But the song is the same I guess.)
She is pretty awesome! And that tune is awesome too! The "and love must have an end" is reminiscent of what went on later in Aragorn's life - him and Arwen would share the same fate, but probably wouldn't meet again. I look at situations like that and in life in general, and it is a disturbing prospect, that no matter how long we live, the Earth itself will end, and we're gone when that happens no matter what. But somehow, someway, it all has to work out, and life will be good.

It's why I always say either one of two things upon parting from a friend...
Peace and long life, or...
Live long and prosper.

Spock is a very agreeable individual if I must say so.
Old 06-02-2009, 11:09 AM   #545
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

Thanks, Ingwe!
Old 06-02-2009, 02:23 PM   #546
Acalewia

Quote:
I don't know if Tolkien did make a complete Dwarven language, could be wrong. Also, thanks for welcoming me back a couple of pages back. I missed this place. And yeah, Amy's back too, and with the random humor I've come to relate to. Thanks to not so much stress this month, matters are beginning to mend. Khuzdul I think is the name for the Dwarven language, it's so esoteric that I don't think any of the Elves have ever really spoken it.

Yeah, Gimli was pretty harsh on Haldir. I didn't know until a few months ago what "Ish ka quee, Ig doogrung null" or whatever it is meant. But it sounded a lot like he was telling Haldir to go either to h*ll, or to go and do things with himself...nasty things. I figured it was either that or he was telling Haldir that "Haldir, I wish Morgoth would come and eat your brains."
"I spit upon your grave" Thus the reason Aragorn grabbed his shoulder and said "That was not so curtious,"

Don't meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Old 06-03-2009, 01:34 PM   #547
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

Updates on my homepage!

Hi all!

Ive added the 51st to 54th Albums, a Photo Archive Index, Photo Archive Page I - containing the first 25 albums and Photo Archive Page II - containing the 26 - 35 albums so far.

Come in and have a look!

Leave a message in my guestbook!

Best to ya all from ur friend GW!
Old 06-03-2009, 03:45 PM   #548
Ingwe
Elven Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acalewia View Post
"I spit upon your grave" Thus the reason Aragorn grabbed his shoulder and said "That was not so curtious,"
Oh yeah, I saw your post, it was cool to know that is what I was saying. It's something that Gimli would say that, since Haldir was still alive (at the time, though he'd be killed later on in the movies, but not in the book).

I was wondering so many things about it. It could have meant anything at the time. It could have meant, "Haldir, you stupid Elf, I'm going to risk life and limb so that I can commandeer an Orc catapult so that I can turn it on your and flatten you with a 20 ton stone!"

Old 06-03-2009, 05:55 PM   #549
Pip
Elven Warrior

That would be awesome if it translated into that. It'd be like those cheesy dubbed Japanese movies.
America, what will we miss while we are sleeping/Will Jesus come again and leave us slumbering where we lay/America, will we go down in history/As the nation with no room for it's King/Will we be sleeping?
Old 06-03-2009, 09:17 PM   #550
Acalewia

Quote:
Oh yeah, I saw your post, it was cool to know that is what I was saying. It's something that Gimli would say that, since Haldir was still alive (at the time, though he'd be killed later on in the movies, but not in the book).

I was wondering so many things about it. It could have meant anything at the time. It could have meant, "Haldir, you stupid Elf, I'm going to risk life and limb so that I can commandeer an Orc catapult so that I can turn it on your and flatten you with a 20 ton stone!"

If I can find it I'll get you that translation site. It had everything subtitled and unsubtitled.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pip View Post
That would be awesome if it translated into that. It'd be like those cheesy dubbed Japanese movies.
lol

Old 06-03-2009, 10:47 PM   #551
Valandil
High King at Annuminas Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eärniel View Post
:
:

Yup! In honour of the greatest and most loved space telescope in the history of human space exploration. Currently being repared above our heads.

*waves little "go Hubble!"-flag*
:
:
So weird that I didn't know this before... but I just found out that my older brother (an Electrical Engineer) designed some components on Hubble. Something that works some of the mirrors or something. I'll have to ask him about it.

Tales of Nolduryon
Visitors Come to Court

Ñ á ë ?* ó ú é ä ï ö Ö ñ É Þ ð ß ® ™

[Xurl=Xhttp://entmoot.tolkientrail.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=ABCXYZ#postABCXYZ]text[/Xurl]

Splitting Threads is SUCH Hard Work!!
Old 06-03-2009, 11:48 PM   #552
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

Go out, lightly clad, in cold weather this Friday & WE!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4aBE1CcTH1U

Best to ya all from ur friend Gw
Old 06-04-2009, 05:34 AM   #553
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valandil View Post
So weird that I didn't know this before... but I just found out that my older brother (an Electrical Engineer) designed some components on Hubble. Something that works some of the mirrors or something. I'll have to ask him about it.
Haha, what a small world. I take it he's happy enough that Hubble is so succesful?
Old 06-04-2009, 10:08 AM   #554
Coffeehouse
Entmoot Minister of Foreign Affairs

Draws his Moot-sword and bursts headfirst into the rustic Café... Chaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarge!!!

Exams are over hehehe... mission accomplished! Next year.. Masters.. *shiver*

Sorry for the long break but every day has been a lifetime, and I'm really in love for the moment so the laptop has kind of been neglected. *Strokes laptop* Poor creature

Will post in LLL soon... I see it's been a busy May in there

*Slurps an Americano*
Old 06-04-2009, 10:49 AM   #555
Mari
Elf Lady

Hey Andreas! Long time no see! You is doing fine?
What MA will you do by the way? Did you finish writing your BA-thesis?

*sits down on the sofa with a cup of tea and puts her leg up* Twisted knee >_<

...The Earth laughs in flowers ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson, "Hamatreya"...
Old 06-04-2009, 01:24 PM   #556
Coffeehouse
Entmoot Minister of Foreign Affairs

I'm doing great! ANd now the summer is kicking in. And Obama just held the best and most important speech I've ever heard so now my adrenaline is waaaaay high.

I'm taking MA in Political Science, and yeah I just handed in my fifth Bachelor-essay Usually people write one, max two. I wrote 5! I just love writing these essays, and I began on my first year, and the worst grade I've got is a B So, yeah..

Best wishes to you all, so long for a few days!

*Slurp*
Old 06-04-2009, 01:52 PM   #557
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

"And we're back on M.O.O.T. 102,2 with the Moots playing this Frank Sinatra tune."

Way down among brazilians
Coffee beans grow by the billions
So they've got to find those extra cups to fill
They've got an awful lot of coffee in brazil

You can't get cherry soda
'cause they've got to fill that quota
And the way things are i'll bet they never will
They've got a zillion tons of coffee in brazil

No tea or tomato juice
You'll see no potato juice
The planters down in santos all say no no no

The politician's daughter
Was accused of drinking water
And was fined a great big fifty dollar bill

You date a girl and find out later
She smells just like a percolator
Her perfume was made right on the grill
Why they could percolate the ocean in brazil

And when their ham and eggs need savor
Coffee ketchup gives 'em flavor
Coffee pickles way outsell the dill
Why they put coffee in the coffee in brazil

So your lead to the local color
Serving coffee with a cruller
Dunking doesn't take a lot of skill

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVGXcjM9SOQ
Old 06-04-2009, 09:40 PM   #558
Acalewia

Hey, Starbux! Glad you're back!

Quote:
*sits down on the sofa with a cup of tea and puts her leg up* Twisted knee >_<
Poor thing. You need me to massage it?

Old 06-05-2009, 01:50 PM   #559
Mari
Elf Lady

It's better today We had a firm chat yesterday and I think it worked
Thank you! *tackles Acally* How's Anicetos? Haven't seen him in a while. He's probably hanging out with Aeran and Bunicula... haven't seen them in a while either

How's the jobhunting?

...The Earth laughs in flowers ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson, "Hamatreya"...
Old 06-05-2009, 05:10 PM   #560
shesabrandybuck
Hero of Hyrule

BAHHH! SATs tomorrow
And many miles be still to go,
But under a tree I will lie,
And let the clouds go sailing by.

twitter
Closed Thread