Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 05-04-2008, 05:19 AM   #541
Willow Oran
Deus Ex Machina

Haldis ran harder, trying to keep up, but the elf's stride and stamina were far greater than hers and the woman faltered, both from lack of breath, and from fear as she noticed how deep into the forest they were getting.
"Tabrîl!" She called again, "Please stop! You endanger us both!"
Haldis could barely see the elf in the gloom ahead now and she had used more magic than was wise during the past night, if their flight attracted spiders... the realization that she would be unable to defend herself hit and the Beorning woman strove all the harder to catch up to the warrior.
Tough Guide To FantasyLand

...it's not much of a show if somebody doesn't suffer, and preferably at length. Suffering is beautiful in any case, and so is anguish; but as for loathing, and bitterness... I don't think they belong on the stage at all.

- Isabella, I Gelosi
Old 05-04-2008, 05:20 AM   #542
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

At that moment, Radagast returned towards the camp, nearly bumping into Tabrîl as she left.

"Tabrîl," I would like to speak with you. Although," he said as he saw Tabrîl's expression, "it can wait a while if you wish."
Old 05-04-2008, 05:28 AM   #543
Aikanáro
Chaotic Good

Danger did not concern Tabrîl either, she was a warrior and more than capable of defending herself, and so even this warning from Haldis did not slow her.

Almost running into Radagast, however, did.

'Seth'enati, I-' she faltered, took a moment to compose herself. 'It need not wait, I will listen.' He was wise, and if there was something he wished to tell her, she would not turn him away, it would not be right no matter how she was feeling.

Old 05-04-2008, 05:33 AM   #544
Willow Oran
Deus Ex Machina

Haldis slowed, taking a deep, relieved breath, when she saw Tabril meet Radagast and stop. Alarmed slightly by how faint this brief exertion had rendered her, Haldis stopped where she was, within sight of the wizard and the elf, and leaned against the nearest tree, fighting to get her breath back.

...it's not much of a show if somebody doesn't suffer, and preferably at length. Suffering is beautiful in any case, and so is anguish; but as for loathing, and bitterness... I don't think they belong on the stage at all.

- Isabella, I Gelosi
Old 05-04-2008, 08:03 AM   #545
Curufin
The Ñoldóran

Abasi looked up from his carving, watching Tabrîl and Haldis closely for a moment. Perhaps he should - no. Tabrîl was perfectly capable of taking care of this herself, and he would not dishonour her by thinking she needed his help when she clearly did not.

He lowered his eyes back to his carving, but after a moment sat it aside and simply sat cross legged with his weapons beside him. He hated to say it even to himself, but he was exhausted. Years of being alone in the forest had not prepared him for being with others, and the social necessity tired him. He thought back to the companionship of his own m'had - to his brothers and sisters. He missed them deeply; but they were gone. Everyone was gone, and it was his fault.

He sighed and stood, needing to walk to dispel the memories, looking around him at the uwindi that surrounded him with distaste and displeasure.

~The Lay of Leithian
Old 05-04-2008, 10:59 AM   #546
feawen
The Lady of Laughter

Nami laughed and faked a look of shook and disbelieve. "Do you dault my skills in making arrows Quickleafs its the only thing i do do well!" Nami blow the wood shavings off the shift of the arrow she was working on, bringing it up to her eyes to check its straightness.

Nami nodded her greetings to Hedrim and returned to her arrow. Her own attension was soon taken up by Hedrims words though. Hearing his worlds Nami's head snapped up "No elf has taken another elfs life since the kin slaying! You may not like them that does not mean you can kill them or think about it, it would be as bad as being a...an orc! No man or elf should take anothers life unless it must be. If one of them was to attack another of the group with the intent to kill, is different. Although Tabril was wrong to react the way she did Haldas is in the wrong too. Words not actions need to be taken." Nami returned to her arrow,
"This is all getting out of hand. What a mess!"
Old 05-04-2008, 02:10 PM   #547
Coffeehouse
Entmoot Minister of Foreign Affairs

Quickleaf chuckled at Nami's comment. "Hehe no you're doing a great job with these arrows. Thank you. It's I that needs practice!"

As they'd been sitting there Tabril had wandered off, and Haldis had ran after her. There seemed to be no end in sight of this drama. But Quickleaf remained sure that Radaghast now had things under control, and that no blood would be spilt.

"I do not think Hedrim spoke death, Nami. He seems a wise elf, and it's good that he sees fit to take action."
As for Abasi, Quickleaf agreed wholeheartedly with Nami's thoughts. His asocial behaviour towards the companionship was becoming not only odd, but tiresome. And with all the threats of fighting, Quicklead hoped Radaghast would address the matter sooner than later.

Quickleaf turned to Nami, looking for an answer of sorts.
"Abasi seems both an able warrior and courageous, but I do not understand his constant inclination towards conflict. If he holds such spite for elves like us, and 'lesser' creatures, why would he be in any way be interested in finding the Entwives. They, I imagine, represent the complete opposite of everything he has seemed to stand for so far.."
The wind was moving slower, and the arc of the sun was at its crest. Quickleaf cast off his cloak, and lay down on the grass, musing towards the skies in the late-summer heat.

Last edited by Coffeehouse : 05-04-2008 at 02:13 PM.
Old 05-04-2008, 02:28 PM   #548
Mari
Elf Lady

She had an itch...
Slowly Ellysa came to.
She heard leafs move in the wind. Animals she could not identify were moving around. The flowing water sounded sweet and pure. Everything looked bright and clear.
Judging by the position of the sun, she had been sitting like that for quite a while.

Ellysa stood and waited a while for herself to get back in tune with the world. She had made up her mind: she would tell Radagast about her ability.
She pocketed her things and made ready to leave this place. At the edge of the small clearing, she looked back over her shoulder.
I love the green beauty of this place. It can't compare to the rugged beauty of home though.
With a smile Ellysa started her walk back to camp.

...The Earth laughs in flowers ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson, "Hamatreya"...
Old 05-04-2008, 03:00 PM   #549
feawen
The Lady of Laughter

Nami thought for a while in silence, then judging by Quickleafs' look at her she figured he wanted an answer.
"I donot understand way he joined us in the first place, i believe there is only one thing that keeps him here now. He truely is a great warrior but so full mistrust or ( Nami thought for a moment for the right words) I guess it is the way of his people to see others as different or below them. Good for training your sword skills but that your social skills."

Nami lay her finished arrow down and looked up at the climbing sun. Nami undid her jacket and lay it down next to her, she was not hot, she just wished to have the feeling of the sun on her arms.
Nami looked over at Quickleaf, "Why did you join us Quickleaf? Come to mention it, where do you come from? This wood? I have not seem you in it before. But them again i have never seem Tabril here." A grin spread across Nami's face. "Come on Quickleaf, tell me your tale!"
Old 05-04-2008, 03:09 PM   #550
Curufin
The Ñoldóran

Abasi heard his name and turned his eyes towards Quickleaf questioningly, a frown growing on his face. Listening to his words, he turned away, holding his hand idly on the hilt of his sword. He was not here to find Entwives - whatever they were - but to repay his blood-debt to the dwarf who had saved him. He could not presently remember the small uwindi's name, but it was supremely unimportant anyway. The debt must be paid before he could leave - that was what was important.

Sighing, he sat down again, close enough to Quickleaf that he could hear his words.

~The Lay of Leithian
Old 05-04-2008, 03:34 PM   #551
Coffeehouse

The glowing sun was showering the entire camp, warming the ground, the air, and Quickleaf's face. It was the sort of warmth that made him sleepy, lying there in the green grass.

Taking the bait of Nami's interrogating questions Quickleaf spoke
"It's not long ago of course that I met you all. I don't know if you remember, but I came upon this company while lying up in an oak tree. I'd drifted away that evening, and the crowd of creatures you formed back then startled me and I became very curious as to what you were up to." Quickleaf smiled to himself, it had been a very strange sight.

"Greenwood forest has always been my home. I've wandered the woods north to south, east to west, for many years now. During the War of the Ring I took part in Lorien's defence against Dol Guldurs dark assault, and I've been helping out here and there. I even had the honour of assisting Gandalf back when he was searching for Gollum. Dark years, but a lot of things happened, and it made me what I am."

Quickleaf's face saddened
"Death unmasked the trees of the forest, fires turning places I knew well into ashes and nothingness. Many of my friends perished, and many who saw so much death and destruction, went afar, leaving Greenwood, leaving what they had seen as their home." he uttered bitterly.
But he caught himself.
Quickleaf had sad memories of the past, but he had moved on. The people who died back then should be honoured. Quickleaf, and all other survivors should cherish their fortunes, their life.

Turning his head in the grass he gazed upon Nami
"We have not met true, but it is perhaps not so strange. There are many places in Greenwood I have yet to travel to, many paths I have not walked upon and many yet I will never even hear of. But I have been across the Anduin, in Lorien, and it is truly beautiful." Quickleaf's eyes glowed in amazement over the memory.

But I am here in this company now because I truly have no place else that needs me urgently, no place that calls upon me fiercely. I am free."
I hold great esteem towards Radaghast, and it would give me the greatest pleasure to serve him in his quest. Likewise to travel alongside you and all the other creatures of this enigmatic company.
Old 05-04-2008, 03:48 PM   #552
feawen
The Lady of Laughter

Nami had noticed Quickleafs sad look. She too, like many in the world in this time, had lost someone close and had seen the world and their home change.

Nami smiled as Quickleaf finished. "Tis a tale indeed Quickleaf. I guess you are right, the Greenwood is a big place and i have not been far myself from this edges. I have been Dale and Laketown but over the misty mountains i have not been. I have always been needed to defend home and wood and kin." Nami shugged and laughed "And anyway i and the world are still young enough to explore!"
Old 05-04-2008, 04:04 PM   #553
Coffeehouse

"You are right. We should travel to whatever lands we like, and enjoy and experience such adventures as these. Things that mean something..
..We're all in Middle Earth together, but we many of us seem to live in different worlds. I wonder what this quest will bring. Where will we end up?" Quickleaf spoke quietly.

The light of the sun lay upon their faces in the green grass and things were peaceful and quiet.
"Enjoy it while you can Nami. Not long until we find ourselves confronting more dire experiences than getting a tan." he said half-jokingly, half-seriously.
Old 05-04-2008, 04:11 PM   #554
feawen
The Lady of Laughter

Nami sat cross legged in the grass pulling at single blades of grass and twisting them in to knots.
The thought of confronting more dire experiences made Nami think of the dark underground enterence that awaited her, she shivered dispite the warming sun and remained silent for a while, her mind going back to a darker period in her life she hardly remembered. Images and faded dreams of childhood came back to hunt Nami in the bright sunny clearing in the Greenwood.
Old 05-04-2008, 04:15 PM   #555
Curufin
The Ñoldóran

Abasi stood, no longer interested in the speech of this elf. He walked towards the edge of the woods, where he had seen Tabrîl dissapear earlier, and saw her speaking to the seth'enati called Radagast. He would not disturb her.

Hearing Haldis nearby, he approached silently behind her.

'I see that your exertion has made you weak. Perhaps you should have thought before you tied yourself to her, uwindon.'

~The Lay of Leithian
Old 05-04-2008, 04:32 PM   #556
Willow Oran
Deus Ex Machina

"You think I did not?" Haldis retorted through clenched teeth, her breath was coming only in short gasps, interspersed with coughing, and her frustration turned to anger at Abasi's mocking tone, "I knew the risks.This feels worse than it is..." her voice trailed off as the edges of her vision darkened and her last sensation was of falling forward.

- Isabella, I Gelosi
Old 05-04-2008, 04:34 PM   #557
Curufin
The Ñoldóran

As Haldis swooned, Abasi caught her easily in his arms, lifting her and carrying her back into camp with a look of distaste on his face. Still, he would not have his life on his conscience.

'Ai!' he said to alert the camp. 'She needs help.'

~The Lay of Leithian
Old 05-04-2008, 04:37 PM   #558
Mari
Elf Lady

After a while of pleasant walking, Ellysa had found her way back to camp. She had gotten lost somewhat a few times though. All trees looked the same to her.
She had seen Radagast, Tabril and Haldis, but they seemed to be talking so she continued on towards the camp without interrupting them.

She caught Quickleaves last words.
"From different worlds we seem to come indeed. It is a good opportunity to learn from eachother and to learn more about yourself in the process."

Ellysa smiled at the two elves and looked at Abasi. She still felt grounded, one with her environment and herself. There was no doubt in her mind at this moment.
She smiled at him too, while wondering if he would like to talk.
Come to think of it, so far he hasn't really talked to anyone but Tabril. He must be lonely.

At that moment he got up and walked away.

Last edited by Mari : 05-04-2008 at 04:38 PM.
Old 05-04-2008, 04:39 PM   #559
feawen
The Lady of Laughter

Nami was bought out of her dark thoughts by a heavy thud behind her. She turned her head and saw the fallen form on Haldis. In one movement, Nami was up on her feet and run Abasi as he held Haldis. Nami quickly checked her over with her eyes for wounds or if their was any reason why she should have fallen so.
"She needs water". Namis eye meet Abasi, she did not demand it or say he had in some way been the cause of Haldis felling, she merely asked. Nami layed a gentle hand an Haldis head. The woman was burning to the touch, a fever? Surely not. Nami's eyes rested on Haldis wrist and the hair around it. Magic Nami did not do.

Last edited by feawen : 05-04-2008 at 04:43 PM.
Old 05-04-2008, 04:54 PM   #560
Mari
Elf Lady

Surprised Ellysa took the scene in and hurried over.
"Nami, how is Haldis? Do you have knowledge of healing?"

Closed Thread