Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 02-04-2006, 01:28 AM   #541
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

Yay! Lotesse, you arent an oath breaker adn are thus spared from face rot! Nice post! Now for my bit of it!
And though they are with you yet they belong not to you.
You may give them your love but not your thoughts,
For they have their own thoughts.
You may house their bodies but not their souls,
For their souls dwell in the house of tomorrow,
which you cannot visit, not even in your dreams.
Old 02-04-2006, 02:02 AM   #542
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Thanx Shah! I told you I'd post. There is so much more I wanted to put into it, but as it is tonight I'm already bushed and I always want to write more than I actually end up writing. See, there's a little present that Viv wants to give Ray at this Tuesday evening dinner, and more she wanted to say, but I'm really tired right now, so I did the best I could for the time being.

Rian - hey, I wish you weren't quitting, and I just wanted to say again, thank you for all the care and effort you put into mediating for me back a few months ago, when I needed it. You WERE great then, and you made me feel so good that you cared so much. I wish you didn't have to leave this RPG - maybe you will reconsider? Maybe, like so many of us here, you could just rest from it for a few days, and then it'll be less stressful and fun for you again. We've ALL felt the stress around here lately, all of us. Please stick around; please keep writing here! I like your romantic elf posts!

~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Old 02-04-2006, 02:26 AM   #543
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

have edited my post, not finished yet, cause I am bushed. But hell, I'll finish it tommorow.
Old 02-04-2006, 11:23 AM   #544
Serenoli
Head of the Department for the Invention and Propagation of Sugar, Spice and Everything Nice!

It was hard enough to see BB go, and now, you two as well... it seems all the FOGALs are disappearing!! Soon, we'll be left with an all-evil cast... damn, this is depressing. Rian and Sane, how can you both go? Oh, I hope you listen to Lotesse. Its getting lonely here... still, I know what you mean... for the first time, actually understand what 'Too many cooks spoil the broth' means. Even if the cooks were ever-such good friends before!

BTW, thats ok, Gordis, I feel sorry for poor Jas, but its ok. He'll probably need some therapy later on. Methinks Earniel would like him in his current state though!!

Poor Jas! His supper ruined, and he doesn't know where to get flies big enough to staisfy that void in his stomach!!!

Join the Harry Potter discussion, click here
Old 02-04-2006, 12:14 PM   #545
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Ciao, Serenoli! I forgot to say I loved yours & Gordis' bit with Jas. Poor froggie! I wonder if you can get him to creep out to the river's edge like in the middle of the night, croaking mournfully amongst the rushes, looking for tidbits to eat and feeling sad for himself! Could anyone else have the capacity to notice the spell? I wonder about that. Like, can certain elves or other beings perceive a strong spell while it is in use? If so, I bet Earniel could sense the frog spell. How does that work?

Old 02-04-2006, 12:34 PM   #546
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Shah - awesome post! Yep, no doubt about it now, they are definitely in love. I've got to help my boyfriend at his office for most of the day today, but later on this evening I'll rejoin you and help finish that scene. Viv has an important little gift to present him with, and plus, there's more to come in the lovey-dovey arena. I also have a scene in mind for Crazy Squirrel and her Lilly and Buz, so bear with me Miss Squirrel! I'll be at it later on today, or tomorrow if I don't get to it today.

Old 02-04-2006, 01:22 PM   #547
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotesse
Ciao, Serenoli! I forgot to say I loved yours & Gordis' bit with Jas. Poor froggie! I wonder if you can get him to creep out to the river's edge like in the middle of the night, croaking mournfully amongst the rushes, looking for tidbits to eat and feeling sad for himself! Could anyone else have the capacity to notice the spell? I wonder about that. Like, can certain elves or other beings perceive a strong spell while it is in use? If so, I bet Earniel could sense the frog spell. How does that work?
That is a good idea, try to find some supper by the river, Serenoli!

As for the spell... I don't know. Most, seeing a croaking Professor , would deduce he has gone stark mad, nothing else. Perhaps call a doctor, put some leeches behind his ears....

Anyway, have fun while you are still a frog, Jas . The spell is not too strong, it will wear out soon. Make him feel human again when you want it, Serenoli

Very nice patrol post, Shah!, And love story... Great. My compliments, Lotesse & Shah

Yea, the FOGAL's have dissipated like ghosts.

Can those of you who wish to continue playing, please come forth!

Couldn't we come to a satisfactory compromise, after all?

First and foremost, it applies to you, Val!

Last edited by Gordis : 02-04-2006 at 01:27 PM.
Old 02-04-2006, 03:52 PM   #548
Lady Marion Magdalena
Elf Lord

I'm still playing and have no intention of bowing out anytime soon.
"Because it is my name! Because I cannot have another in my life! Because I lie and sign myself to lies! Because I am not worth the dust on the feet them that hang! How may I live without my name? I have given you my soul; Leave me my name!"

- The Crucible

"nolite hippopotamum vexare!"
Old 02-04-2006, 04:29 PM   #549
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

Now, that is a really good news!

Somebody, please, tell me, which one is correct - "sink down to the navel" or sink up to the navel"?

Last edited by Gordis : 02-04-2006 at 04:40 PM.
Old 02-04-2006, 05:18 PM   #550
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

Lotesse - thanks for your nice message That was very kind of you. As I said to CS, I might come back, but I doubt it. I'm leaving it open, though - I won't kill them off. I've really enjoyed your posts, especially how you draw such nice word pictures that I can "see" the surroundings. I esp. liked that breakfast post with the pomegranate (?) juice in the glasses in the sunlight - very descriptive! I'm sure I'll keep reading the rpg, so keep those posts up!

Serenoli - it's hard to go, but I just need to now. I've enjoyed seeing your posts develop since you've joined, and that Jas/ML post will remain one of my favorites

GW - I enjoyed writing our "attack" scene together, and I'll see you on the other threads

Maggie - I've grown to really like your character, and I look forward to seeing what you've planned with her! I'm glad you're sticking around

Earniel - always a pleasure to post with you! Your posts are really fun and imaginative!
(And I enjoyed our chats ... )

Val - you, too, when you DO post! I wish both of you could have posted more ... I felt kind of left out on my own, that's a big part of why I'm leaving.

Sane - Ray is loads of fun, and so are you!

OK, this should be it - Sorry to take up so much space on the discussion thread, but I just couldn't leave without acknowledging each of you guys because I've enjoyed you all so much. Have fun!

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!

Last edited by Rían : 02-04-2006 at 05:22 PM.
Old 02-04-2006, 10:17 PM   #551
Lady Marion Magdalena
Elf Lord

Quote:
Somebody, please, tell me, which one is correct - "sink down to the navel" or sink up to the navel"?
You could say:

'sink in up to the navel'

'sink down, up to the navel'

or

'sink navel deep'

whichever of those sounds best in context.

We're gonna miss you Rian. Your characters certainly won't be forgotten.
"Because it is my name! Because I cannot have another in my life! Because I lie and sign myself to lies! Because I am not worth the dust on the feet them that hang! How may I live without my name? I have given you my soul; Leave me my name!"

- The Crucible

"nolite hippopotamum vexare!"
Old 02-04-2006, 10:35 PM   #552
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

Yarg, storm like no ones business! Blew out the power, and internet, stealing time on a library compy. Still havent fixed that post!
Old 02-04-2006, 11:56 PM   #553
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Marion Magdalena
We're gonna miss you Rian. Your characters certainly won't be forgotten.

(ps - just assume that where it said they wrote notes to people, that it included everyone, like Ray, Mahta, the Chancellor (because of quitting school), Itazel, etc etc, saying she needed some time to be with her long-lost brother and long-lost friend ... *brings out handkerchief and blows nose* )

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!

Last edited by Rían : 02-04-2006 at 11:58 PM.
Old 02-05-2006, 01:34 AM   #554
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Listen, Rian, I just read both yours & Gordis' posts, and the two of you writing simultaneously about the coming storm was SPOT on, I mean, SO effective. It ran so smoothly together. That was a great post you just did. I'm gonna ask you, PLEASE don't bail out on this RPG. What you contribute with the earnest elven thing is invaluable to the story, and - dare I say it (me being a Naz and all) needs to STAY! The brother-sister-wannabe lover trio you have is a very valuable, very interesting, and very balancing part of this whole RPG. So, I'll only ask you again this one time - PLEASE DO NOT GO. Just think about it. For real!

Old 02-05-2006, 01:42 AM   #555
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Udu, that letter was the bomb!! I loved it; I laughed out loud and read it again just to get it again! At first, I thought something else, but then caught on that they were luring poor Lilly to that dungeon experiment, which by the way... god, I don't want - no, reprase that - Viv doesn't want her sister subjected to such horrors. If only there were a way for Viv to be able to intervene. Aargh! What to do! I know this has been planned for poor Lilly for ages, but now that it's literally knocking at the door, I feel like Viv will be so upset if this happens to Lil and she's powerless to help her crazy sister.

*bites fingernails, watches things unfold like watching a train wreck, morbidly interested but very anxious*

Old 02-05-2006, 02:15 AM   #556
Udukhaturz
Shadow Lord of Morgul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotesse
Udu, that letter was the bomb!! I loved it; I laughed out loud and read it again just to get it again! At first, I thought something else, but then caught on that they were luring poor Lilly to that dungeon experiment, which by the way... god, I don't want - no, reprase that - Viv doesn't want her sister subjected to such horrors. If only there were a way for Viv to be able to intervene. Aargh! What to do! I know this has been planned for poor Lilly for ages, but now that it's literally knocking at the door, I feel like Viv will be so upset if this happens to Lil and she's powerless to help her crazy sister.

*bites fingernails, watches things unfold like watching a train wreck, morbidly interested but very anxious*
Lotese, thanks! I am very glad you liked it.

Yes, Lilly is heading for the dungeon, but it is not just any dungeon. Yes, this has been planned for a long time. Lilly's destination will be a dungeon designed and crafted by Nazgul with all that implies. *evil grin* There will be no way to break her out and no one will even know what has happened to her.

I feel sorry for her. *evil laughs*
Old 02-05-2006, 04:45 AM   #557
CrazySquirrel
Shape-shifting, men-grabbing NAZGUL

Rian, Lotesse is dead right! We ALL will miss you terribly. And your Namarie post was so very good!

Please, take a break if you need it (I perfectly understand it), but please, come back!

Lotesse, Gor, nice posts also. The tension builds...

And I adored Udu's love letter. AWESOME. Lilly's heart melts!

I imagine the scene of rpg-Udu and Khamul writing this together over a big decanter of Nurn wine. . Hilarious.

Or was it Udu's alone masterpiece?

And, Lotesse, please let Lilly get what she deserves, for some time at least - don't try to rescue her outright.
It will be an interesting part of the story, some real nazgul angst - we need some action! After all, Viv is in love and won't miss Lil for some days - with all this attack and so on.
But I am really touched for your concern. Thank you! CS.
Old 02-05-2006, 04:50 AM   #558
Serenoli
Head of the Department for the Invention and Propagation of Sugar, Spice and Everything Nice!

Well, Tolvadok is going to follow her... he doesn't know that Maethor and Khamul wrote the letter (which was, truly, truly hilarious! I loved every line, Udu), and he's going to try his best to stop her from getting in Gordis' way, as he thinks she's doing. I also feel sorry for her, and will be an obstacle in udu and Khamul's evil plan... but if Tol finds out the truth, he'll be more than glad to let her go. She treats him abominably, after all.

And, I'm undecided about jas, but the idea of him croaking in tall rush-weeds appeals strongly to me! Earniel, what do you say?

Rian, goodbye. I'll miss the Elven three, and I'll miss all the angst.

Last edited by Serenoli : 02-05-2006 at 04:55 AM.
Old 02-05-2006, 05:00 AM   #559
CrazySquirrel
Shape-shifting, men-grabbing NAZGUL

Serenoli! Loved your post! It sounds exactly like Lilly to bully the poor housekeeper.

OK, I shall write the next scene. I suggest, let Tol follow, and get into the house - and then he may join the company there...

We have to work that out somehow. I also want to boast to Viv about the King in love.

So, letter was delivered before 5 PM on wednesday. (by the way, Serenoli, the rain has not started till very late at night! - it was only very windy.)

Around 5 PM Viv rode home. So, we will be able to have a scene for the trio.
Please, Lotesse, let Buz be drunk somewhere downtown- his presence will complicate all.
Old 02-05-2006, 05:04 AM   #560
Serenoli

Ok. Will edit out rain at once, and insert wind.

Closed Thread