FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 12-21-2005, 02:59 PM   #541
EarthBound
Lady Tipple & Queen of Blessed Thistle

Quote:
Originally Posted by trolls' bane
Um...No kidding?

uhhh, I relate to the whole "wish I could see the universe-thing but can't--thing"

Happy to be here

The HACBR has been alerted to my postings…..Hobbits Against Constant Beer References

Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. --Ben Franklin

I want my Mooter T-Shirt!

Last edited by EarthBound : 12-21-2005 at 03:33 PM.
Old 12-21-2005, 03:00 PM   #542
trolls' bane
Entmoot Secretary of the Treasury

Quote:
Originally Posted by EarthBound
uhhh, I relate to the whole "wish I could see the universe-thing by can't--thing"
No kidding! Is there a problem officer? *sinister plot*
Old 12-21-2005, 03:25 PM   #543
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

That's a killer song. I remember being reminded of that very song when I first sayw your mootname, EB - Pink Floyd is the bomb.

My vent today is that my best friend has to be in prison for Christmas day, instead of with her family and with me. I miss her so very, very much, but soon she'll finally be coming home. Next spring - can't wait. I MISS HER!!

~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Old 12-21-2005, 04:04 PM   #544
trolls' bane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotesse
That's a killer song. I remember being reminded of that very song when I first sayw your mootname, EB - Pink Floyd is the bomb.

My vent today is that my best friend has to be in prison for Christmas day, instead of with her family and with me. I miss her so very, very much, but soon she'll finally be coming home. Next spring - can't wait. I MISS HER!!
I can relate to that. My mom is having surgery on Friday, something ELSE wrong with her now...they've known about it since she left the hospital, but kept delaying it. She'll be in the hospital recovering on Christmas. Where was it...Cedar Siani, I think.
Old 12-21-2005, 04:09 PM   #545
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Cedars Sinai is an excellent hospital, trolls'bane; she's definitely in good hands there. I've been to Cedars a few times, so I can attest to this based on very good first-hand experience. And I've been to all KINDS of hospitals, my whole life! She's in good hands at Cedars, for real.

Old 12-21-2005, 04:17 PM   #546
trolls' bane

Quote:
Cedars Sinai is an excellent hospital, trolls'bane; she's definitely in good hands there. I've been to Cedars a few times, so I can attest to this based on very good first-hand experience. And I've been to all KINDS of hospitals, my whole life! She's in good hands at Cedars, for real.
So I've heard. NPR seems to think so, and they're one of those stations that tend to tell the truth. But thanks for that second opinion.
Old 12-21-2005, 06:14 PM   #547
Nerdanel
Spammer of the Happy Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by trolls' bane
I can relate to that. My mom is having surgery on Friday, something ELSE wrong with her now...they've known about it since she left the hospital, but kept delaying it. She'll be in the hospital recovering on Christmas. Where was it...Cedar Siani, I think.
i hope she recovers well.. you'll have many other christmases to spend with her at home.

take care of yourself.

- C. Sagan

My (photography) website
My Flickr page
Old 12-21-2005, 06:21 PM   #548
trolls' bane

Yeah. This has been one hectic year. I hope it ends before something happens to me!
As for myself, I have been in good health ALL year, not even a common cold, though for some reason my feet are blistered right now. Can't guess as to why. I don't walk outside barefoot! I walk around the house barefoot, but that shouldn't be a problem. And on top of that--On top of that, I stepped on a sliver of glass from a glass I dropped. Luckily glass poses little threat to the skin. Most glass...
Old 12-21-2005, 06:23 PM   #549
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

...is harmful to bare skin if it's sharp & jagged, because being cut open is a hazard to your health. I couldn't help it; you're right about the three little dots begging to be continued by the next poster! Lol!

Old 12-21-2005, 06:26 PM   #550
trolls' bane

Well, that's true, but I suppose I'd better put something on my feet. Only problem is, I don't know where I stepped on the glass. My left foot, maybe.
Old 12-21-2005, 06:28 PM   #551
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

You can't feel it? Soak the feet in a hot water foot bath for a while, then your pores will open up and maybe the tiny bits of glass will push themselves out. Anyway, it's an idea.

Old 12-21-2005, 06:48 PM   #552
trolls' bane

Quote:
You can't feel it? Soak the feet in a hot water foot bath for a while, then your pores will open up and maybe the tiny bits of glass will push themselves out. Anyway, it's an idea.
Okay. I will. After Zeak leaves...
Old 12-22-2005, 01:31 AM   #553
Lief Erikson
Elf Lord

I hate the tension that surrounds the words "happy holidays" and "merry Christmas". I hate how those phrases, rather than being simple greetings, at times can become the equivalent of artillery fire . I hate how when those phrases are used, often people's focus can automatically turn to what they aren't saying rather than what they are saying.
If the world has indeed, as I have said, been built of sorrow, it has been built by the hands of love, because in no other way could the soul of man, for whom the world was made, reach the full stature of its perfection.

~Oscar Wilde, written from prison

Oscar Wilde's last words: "Either the wallpaper goes, or I do."
Old 12-22-2005, 05:50 AM   #554
BeardofPants
the Shrike

Gah, looks like I managed to break my lil' toe after I stubbed it really badly the other day. It's all ugly, and discoloured, and wonky.
Old 12-22-2005, 02:28 PM   #555
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Maybe you gave it a little fracture! I have fractured 3 toes of mine - I used to have way, way worse of a hot temper than I do now, and when I'd start losing it, what I would do is I would start kicking inanimate solid objects. Brick walls was a favourite target. So I kept breaking my toes. How did you break your toe, BoP? You stubbed it? Maybe its just sprained. Pain in the feet is no joke, though, Hope it heals fast 4 U.

Old 12-22-2005, 03:35 PM   #556
trolls' bane

Quote:
Maybe you gave it a little fracture! I have fractured 3 toes of mine - I used to have way, way worse of a hot temper than I do now, and when I'd start losing it, what I would do is I would start kicking inanimate solid objects. Brick walls was a favourite target. So I kept breaking my toes. How did you break your toe, BoP? You stubbed it? Maybe its just sprained. Pain in the feet is no joke, though, Hope it heals fast 4 U.
Um...I guess I shouldn't kick my computer any more?
Old 12-23-2005, 02:53 AM   #557
BeardofPants
the Shrike

I'm a walking klutz - walked into a corner, and it went CRACK. Owwie. It's twisted out of shape, and mega-swollen, so yeah, it's broken or summit. If it's a sprain, it's a pretty bad one.
Old 12-23-2005, 05:26 AM   #558
littleadanel
of the House of Bëor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lief Erikson
I hate the tension that surrounds the words "happy holidays" and "merry Christmas". I hate how those phrases, rather than being simple greetings, at times can become the equivalent of artillery fire . I hate how when those phrases are used, often people's focus can automatically turn to what they aren't saying rather than what they are saying.
Now that can be really frustrating... When I first read about it here, my first thought was 'what?' No such issue here (yet? ), thankfully. I mean, we too have an expression like "happy holidays", (literally "pleasant holidays") and yes, it can serve the purpose you use it for, but... again, thankfully, no artillery fire, no dutiful and awkward politeness, wondering if you hurt someone's feelings if you utter the word "Christmas"... It's a short greeting, and at least to me means both merry Christmas and happy New Year. And it really warms your heart when you hear it even from shop assistants. In this season it becomes almost equivalent to "goodbye".

BoP, I hope your toe heals soon. I once stubbed mine, in a swimming pool - I kicked off from the wall, and with my first movement I hit the climb-in ladder really badly. I never knew that there was such power in a swimming kick... Yours sounds worse, though - mine wasn't out of shape, just really ugly and hurt for a coupla weeks.
Old 12-23-2005, 04:34 PM   #559
Pytt
The Supreme Lord of The Northern Eagles

Thanks alot, stupid weather! That's the way to piss me off! First, give us tons of snow, a week before christmas, so we think "Ah, yes. The white christmas is here. Horay!" And then, 1-2 days before Christmas Eve, let it start raining and rainin and rainin, so all the snow melts away. I demand a REALLY good summer for this....
Old 12-23-2005, 04:42 PM   #560
Spock
An enigma in a conundrum

The Mountain Trolls must be angry with you Pytt. I'll see what I can do when next we have some grog together.
Closed Thread