Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 10-17-2005, 04:34 PM   #541
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

Oooh, you manage to always be logging off as soon as I log on...fine... I'll go and re-read the rpg, I am starting to forget what has already happened.
And though they are with you yet they belong not to you.
You may give them your love but not your thoughts,
For they have their own thoughts.
You may house their bodies but not their souls,
For their souls dwell in the house of tomorrow,
which you cannot visit, not even in your dreams.
Old 10-17-2005, 04:38 PM   #542
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

I have made the LAST ? version of the dinner table layout.

No big changes there, only Serenoli's character is now in, and Khamul is now almost facing Udu. Sorry, I couldn't find a way to put both of you exactly face to face. But it will do, I hope.

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a3...is/Dinner7.jpg

BB, could you, please, add that to our MAPS in the INFO street?
Old 10-17-2005, 04:40 PM   #543
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

wow, the posts are flying thick and fast! I'm gonna duck out for now and come back when things have slowed down....
And though they are with you yet they belong not to you.
You may give them your love but not your thoughts,
For they have their own thoughts.
You may house their bodies but not their souls,
For their souls dwell in the house of tomorrow,
which you cannot visit, not even in your dreams.
Old 10-17-2005, 04:44 PM   #544
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

whew, we're keeping you on your toes, Gordis!

Serenoli - Nice to meet you Welcome to the RPG!

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!

Last edited by Rían : 10-17-2005 at 04:45 PM.
Old 10-17-2005, 04:53 PM   #545
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

you ain't kidding all! flyin'! heh! maybe boomerandg shouldn't have done that little spiritual dance just now

well, where to start ... well i do not like to gush too much to be honest but needs must : TD ... better and better, CS truly funny, esp penny!

ah, beep it! excellent all round ...

willow: great info re precious stones ... i think it can work to all's advantage the potion is under an imperfect moon, Val is strong mentally and the topaz effect too .. he'll still feel it's influence which i think will be great rpg but it will not be so strong .. and he'll feel GR-eat!

oh boy!

and we still have Khamul's dis-array and pain in his under-used department to come!

heh heh!

Gor: last??? let me go have a look!

if you are sure i'll post it

best all BB
Old 10-17-2005, 05:16 PM   #546
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

Well, you are surely keeping me on my toes!

Do you realise, Willow, that your Steward is a goner? Nobody wants to play him for a while? He will have a very interesting, though dramatically short life... You better think of a name for him, Mahtaliel, it will be your last gift to the guy...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterbeer
willow: great info re precious stones ... i think it can work to all's advantage the potion is under an imperfect moon, Val is strong mentally and the topaz effect too .. he'll still feel it's influence which i think will be great rpg but it will not be so strong .. and he'll feel GR-eat!
I never intended the potion to have full effect on Val. It would have been too easy. "Full effect" means forgetting everything else in the best classic traditions, like Beren with Luthien and Thingol with Melian...

But, weakened both by the bad Moon phase and the topaz, I still intend it to have plenty of effect on Val. Let him love two woman at once: Earniel and Aiwendis.
I hope it is not too challenging for you, Val?

And I am grateful for Bumble's support! You earned a kiss from Aiwendis, Sir Bumbledore. (I think you will not like another from the Chancellor?)
Old 10-17-2005, 05:18 PM   #547
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

thanks!
ref the chancellor: i do not want to make Khamul jealous

edit; wow a long time since i hit the 90 sec rule! oftentimes the too many smilies..or too long 5,000 characters ... but not often the 90 seccer
Old 10-17-2005, 05:33 PM   #548
Udukhaturz
Shadow Lord of Morgul

"Udukhaturz (how did u come up with a name like that??)" - Serenoli

Serenoli, Udukhatûrz is the Seventh Nazgûl. His name comes from the LOS dialect of Black Speech. There was a need among live action roleplayers, online roleplayers and writers for an expansion of Tolkien's Black Speech. He developed few words in this language, so the need was met when Scatha created the beginnings for Shadowlandian. Here is the numeric system for Shadowlandian:

1 - Ash
2 - Krul
3 - Gakh
4 - Zag
5 - Krak
6 - Rut
7 - Udu
8 - Skri
9 - Krith
10 - Gal

Udu's name means "Seven the Learned." (Khatûrz means learned, intelligent, wise in LOS) Maethor is the name he has taken while in Tharbad. It translates from Sindarin as "Warrior."

Welcome, Serenoli, to the roleplay.
Old 10-17-2005, 05:33 PM   #549
Willow Oran
Deus Ex Machina

Don't off the steward! The poor guy hadn't a clue as to what he was doing. Lady Mahtaliel asked what seemed like a harmless favor and she's always been so polite to him and the other servants... how was he to know?

You may commence with dastardly plotting against Mahtaliel. Really, that's what she's there for. She is designed specifically to conflict with the nazgul.
Tough Guide To FantasyLand

...it's not much of a show if somebody doesn't suffer, and preferably at length. Suffering is beautiful in any case, and so is anguish; but as for loathing, and bitterness... I don't think they belong on the stage at all.

- Isabella, I Gelosi

Last edited by Willow Oran : 10-17-2005 at 10:15 PM.
Old 10-17-2005, 05:38 PM   #550
Udukhaturz
Shadow Lord of Morgul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willow Oran
You may commence with dastardly plotting against Mahtaliel. Really, that's what she's there for. She is designed specifically to infuriate the nazgul.
Willow, I think that could be arranged. *mad laughter*

*remembers the tale of the Mirdain of Eregion and of the fate which befell Celerimbor. even more mad laughter*
Old 10-17-2005, 05:41 PM   #551
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

Quote:
Don't off the steward! The poor guy hadn't a clue as to what he was doing. Lady Mahtaliel asked what seemed like a harmless favor and she's always been so polite to him and the other servants... how was he to know?
The steward has made an important decision without consulting the Lord or the Lady of the house. Moreover, he stood BETWEEN THE NAZGUL AND HIS PREY. He is a goner. Period. I know already what shall happen to him this very night... So, have you thought of a name for him, Willow?

Quote:
You may commence with dastardly plotting against Mahtaliel. Really, that's what she's there for. She is designed specifically to infuriate the nazgul.

No, the steward gets to live. I'll thwart you a second time if need be.
How far can we go with plotting against you, Willow? Think well before replying
Old 10-17-2005, 05:45 PM   #552
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Udukhaturz
Willow, I think that could be arranged. *mad laughter*

*remembers the tale of the Mirdain of Eregion and of the fate which befell Celerimbor. even more mad laughter*
Oh Udu, ever are you resourceful! Great idea. By the way, I have recently seen an old unused rack in the dungeons of the University.
Old 10-17-2005, 05:50 PM   #553
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

ooops i seem to have missed your rpg post willow ... very good and interesting ... though i hope we can expect more from khamul ....

nah! the steward is innocent ... the professor is to blame!

i like that Mahtaliel adds to the fray ... be careful though what you ask for!

...er... that rack? sorry we put some more wines in there! ... mind, they'll probably get drunk pretty quickly though ...
Old 10-17-2005, 05:59 PM   #554
Udukhaturz
Shadow Lord of Morgul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordis
Oh Udu, ever are you resourceful! Great idea. By the way, I have recently seen an old unused rack in the dungeons of the University.
Gordis, the Nazgûl become very enthusiastic when it comes to certain things... Rings... their prey... and... instruments. Yesss... instrumentsss.... *evil grin*
Old 10-17-2005, 06:09 PM   #555
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

Exactly, Udu!
Even the quiet Aiwendis - Skri-enjoyes the smell of spilled Elven blood. Sweet ...UMMM...

TD, Udu, Perhaps Khamul will think it was Udu who bespelled him somehow?

BB, I see you placed a placeholder for Val. But how can we continue without referring to the goblet and topaz? What shall we do?

EDIT: I know!!! It is time for Vivvie and Ray to arrive! Just in the midst of Khamul's torment!

Last edited by Gordis : 10-17-2005 at 06:12 PM.
Old 10-17-2005, 06:25 PM   #556
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

well i'm off to bed ...

GOR: well no problem i assume the potion takes at least some time to take effect, even if not much ... and no one else but Aiwendis and Ilmenzor know of it ... so carry on a' rpg-ing!

Val can pick up however and wherever he wants ...

BTW i like the joint earniel / aiwendis suggested effect of the draught ...

he looks at both as he drinks???

well it's the waltons time for me ... night Jim-bob ... et al.
Old 10-17-2005, 06:34 PM   #557
Willow Oran
Deus Ex Machina

Perhaps now would be a good time to remind everyone of the fact that:

It is very, very bad form to kill off somebody's character without their permission.

And by killing off I mean, something like:

"______ keeled over and died."

Or anything in the same vein.
You can do absolutely anything you want to make death the logical thing to follow, but the final 'died' should come from the character's player.
Tough Guide To FantasyLand

...it's not much of a show if somebody doesn't suffer, and preferably at length. Suffering is beautiful in any case, and so is anguish; but as for loathing, and bitterness... I don't think they belong on the stage at all.

- Isabella, I Gelosi

Last edited by Willow Oran : 10-17-2005 at 10:19 PM.
Old 10-17-2005, 06:38 PM   #558
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterbeer
BTW i like the joint earniel / aiwendis suggested effect of the draught ...

he looks at both as he drinks???
I just thought that he is in love with Earniel naturally and will be in love with Aiwendis because of the potion. Not EXCLUSIVELY, because of topaz and the Moon, but IN ADDITION. Great RPG possibilities, IMO.
Old 10-17-2005, 06:53 PM   #559
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

Quote:
Perhaps now would be a good time to remind everyone of the fact that:

a) This board is PG 13, so if you plan something nasty, it has to remain implied nastiness, nothing explicit.

and

b) It is very, very bad form to kill off somebody's character without their permission. You JUST DON'T DO IT. Ever.

Gordis, you named the steward as my character, I say he lives. You can punish him, but no killing.

As for Mahtaliel, any nastiness you plan must be either non-fatal, or written in such a way that leaves an opening for escape.
Are you afraid, Elf? You said you are here to infuriate the nazgul. Please note that the nazgul are rarely infuriated without retaliating.
No, nothing explicit. Actually we will ask your permission to torture you a bit. No, nobody intends to kill you.

Is the unnamed steward your character? Since when? I thought he was sort of public, not even having a name. Like "my" MM's. I will not mind if anyone kills them.
If you want him, take him then.

But him living after his blunder is merely nonsense, so I will not even bother to punish him.
Old 10-17-2005, 06:55 PM   #560
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

willow ... i think they are just joking around!

and yes i agree totally it is VERY bad form to kill off another's character without their permission!

best all ... well ... can finally get off home and to me bed! Night!
Closed Thread