Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 08-11-2006, 07:12 PM   #541
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

meanwhile below ...

behind the locked door .... something sinister lurked, breathing heavily in the dark, panting and silently emananting waves of wierdness and sinister thought.

What wild, wierd, ungodly, possibly perverted thing guarded the treasure?

someone soon was probably going to find out ... but the seagull resting lithely on the open port hole, had other business just then ... natural business that waits for neither tide nor tithe... with a rolling 'squaaak' that somehow managed to roll it's Rrr's it arrogantly caressed the sulphorus smelling sea air and catching the wind sailed high riding the waves ...
Old 08-14-2006, 02:19 PM   #542
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Eärniel: *to Sharkbait and Sava* You two get the supplies and weapons up. Everything we can use or sell. I'll have a look to see whether that mate has been tellin' us stories.

*Eärniel draws her cutlass for good measure and carefully tests the cabin's handle. It's unlocked, the captain must have been too much in a hurry to come on deck when they sighted the pirates. Eärniel grins and slowly opens the door, weapon ready.

Inside the monstrous guard of the treasure rears it head. It has heard somebody approaching, somebody whose smell isn't like the captain, someone's blood it would like to taste. It flexes its muscular arms, each armed with a set of lethally sharp talons. Its body is covered with a pitch-black exosceleton. A red tongue licks expectingly along needle-sharp theeth. It waits...

Eärniel steps forward through the halfopen door. The guardian sees its target and lunges and something goes "sqish" under Eärniel's foot.*

Eärniel: *raises foot* Eeew! A big squished bug! I thought merchants had higher regard for hygiene on their ship. *sighs* Another disillusion...

*On the merchant captain's desk stands a sturdy wooden box. It's filled with golden nuggets. The mate spoke true after all. Eärniel grins and put away her sword to pick up the box. It's heavy but managable. And though small, it holds a small fortune. Not a bad catch for a day's work. The box in hands, Eärniel goes back on deck. From the stain on the cabin's floor a little, monstrous soul flies grumpily to Mandos' halls of waiting, complaining why intruders can't be half an inch tall, instead of several feet.*

Eärniel: There's gold alright, captain. Almost enough to buy a small fleet if I remember the gold price correctly.

Last edited by Earniel : 08-14-2006 at 02:21 PM.
Old 08-14-2006, 03:59 PM   #543
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

a tiny rythmic tinkling sound is completely lost in the swell of the sea, unheard and almost completely ignored on deck up above,

but down, down below in the half inch world, bells are ringing, bonfires being lit, and a - well you get the point.

Little did Eärniel know that her foot would become a diety - every tiny crack and mark in the underside of her shoe, a talismanic emblem of almost religious sacroscant importance.

Indeed, in the half inch world, more wars were caused and fought over the interpretation of the tiny seagull dropping stain she'd accidentally left behind than had ever been known in the long and rather tiny history of the half inch Universe ...

funny old game being a God innit?

Last edited by Butterbeer : 08-14-2006 at 04:45 PM. Reason: don't ask!!! do i ask you why YOU edited, huh? maybe there was, or possibly wasn't a reason, who knows? who cares but the editing gnomes, those devout followres of the holy foot!
Old 08-14-2006, 04:24 PM   #544
klatukatt
Entmoot's Drunken Uncle

(OOC: BB, you a Douglas Adams fan by any chance? Terry Pratchett? Neil Gaiman?)

*Back on deck, Eärniel was showing off the newly acquired gold to the captain. One of the mates coughed loudly.*

Mate: Uh, before you go…

XK: Who said we were leaving yet?

Mate: No one! No one. I just wanted to say that if it’s gold you’re after, I know of a nice little island where a couple of my mates decided it would be a good idea to stash some extra loot.

McGreevy: Shh! You said you were working for me!

Mate: A shut yer trap, Greedy. I’m gonna bail myself out of your boat before we’re all drowned.

Eärniel: Well, we aren’t exactly in the habit of killing prisoners, but something could be arranged…

XK: *Ignoring Eärniel* How in the sea’s name do you think we would trust you?

Mate: Well, why do you think they have me abord this ship? Not for the smell, I can tell you.

XK: Yes, the smell is bad. But a little familiar…

Flannery: *Jumping from the Nal to the other deck* Captain, the damage report is not bad—woah! Zombie!

Mate: Woah! Vampire! Say, Bob? Bob Flannery?

Flannery: *Blank look*

Mate: It’s me! Richard! *nothing* Richard Powers? Dick?

Flannery: Oh yeah. Dick the Dead Disgrace. *To XK* Met him in an undead bar once. Complete loser. Couldn’t handle the undead lifestyle.

XK: But do you think he knows where there is more gold?

Dick: Swear on my Un-Life!

*The other captive mates around Dick had been slowly edging away.*

Flannery: Yeah. He’s a dumb-ass zombie, but a good sailor.

(OOC: I was thinking the island is the same one where the Entmaid and Jack and the other elf all are.)

(OOC: Tell me if you want me to change anything as well.)

Last edited by klatukatt : 08-14-2006 at 04:27 PM.
Old 08-14-2006, 04:55 PM   #545
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

"Give us a song master!" shouted someone.

Eärniel thought it was Bob.
Bob thought it was the captain.
XK thought it was absurd.

Dick, like most blokes, was aptly named when it came to thinking ...
Old 08-14-2006, 05:09 PM   #546
Lady Willow Rose
Elf Lord

Eresse quirked her head to the side and observed Dick. "Huh," she said thoughtfully.

"What're you looking at?" Sharkbait asked her, still adjusting his pants.

"Never seen a zombie before. Makes you take a step back and reflect."

"On what?" She rolled her eyes.

"Life, death, the meaning of it all."

"Oh." He held up a bottle. "Rum?"

"That was the answer I was thinking, too."
Real love is a mixture of pleasure, pain and a soul-deep happiness that blasts any complaints out of the water. When you're in love, his voice makes you smile and his laughter warms your heart. And when he weeps, you feel yourself dying in each fallen tear.

Love is madness of the very best sort.
Old 08-14-2006, 05:22 PM   #547
klatukatt
Entmoot's Drunken Uncle

*Wanting to impress, he picked a lively jig, and hoped they wouldn't listen to the words...*

Dick:
Lenore the whore lay dying, a pillow under her ****,
They din't think she had tyime, but she sang one last vaerse:
"I'm wrinkled and old and so full of holes that my **** has no more ****,
But while I am dead, all tied up in bed, you can --

XK: Thank you, that's quite enough.

*Meanwhile on the other side of the Nal, something was clinging on to wood for dear life. He suddenly noticed somthing hanging down next to him. It looked female, and it also looked as if it was attached to the deck by it's hair.*

Glorfindel III: What did you do to make them hang you like that?

Bob: *opens her eyes which are now all glowie blue and freakish* I am Katharsis! Release your pain!

GIII: Well, Katharsis, I hope you don't mind, but I need to get out of this cold water and you are the only escape route.

*Glorfindel III grabbed onto the girl and started to climb up her hair.*

Katharsis: Don't mention it. Rapunzil goes up, Rapunzil goes down. Rapunzil goes up, Rapunzil goes down. Rapunzil goes up...

GIII: *hauling himself onto the deck* Strange. Very strange.

Voice standing over him: FREEZE!

GIII: Uh oh.
Old 08-14-2006, 05:29 PM   #548
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

Overhead a mysterious glowing cloud formed into what looked like a mad undead mermaid all tied up in bed ....

A seagull cast a beautiful silhouette between the ship and the eerie glowing cloud and theatrically somersualted and whooped!

Erresse felt a warm tingle all down her neck ...
Old 08-14-2006, 06:36 PM   #549
Lady Willow Rose
Elf Lord

She blinked and turned around. "What on earth?" Eresse looked up, spotting a rather charming seagull. "Oh, how lovely!"
Real love is a mixture of pleasure, pain and a soul-deep happiness that blasts any complaints out of the water. When you're in love, his voice makes you smile and his laughter warms your heart. And when he weeps, you feel yourself dying in each fallen tear.

Old 08-15-2006, 01:54 AM   #550
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

Location: Mirkwood, well actually I live in North-west Scania, Sweden
GIII froze, which wasnt so difficult since he already was freezing.

Last edited by Grey_Wolf : 08-15-2006 at 03:07 AM.
Old 08-15-2006, 01:06 PM   #551
Acalewia
Halfelven Daughter of the Dunedain, President of Entmoot

Rana raised a brow at the fact that the newcomer literly froze.
"I didn't mean literly,"she muttered under her breath. Louder she said," who are you and what are you doing on this ship?" She knew the Captian should be back soon, since the ruckus on the merchent ship had died down.

Don't meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

"Don't be such a sour wolf" Stiles ~ Heart Monitor

http://www.wattpad.com/user/IceQueenofMitera
Old 08-15-2006, 01:45 PM   #552
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

"I am Glorfindel III, typical hero of historical romance, loyal to a fault, honourable, can do the 100 in evens, top marks at Oxford, always at your service, ma'm." the newcomer announced himself, bowed and took Rana's hand and kissed it lightly.

Last edited by Grey_Wolf : 08-15-2006 at 01:47 PM.
Old 08-15-2006, 04:04 PM   #553
Elfmaster XK
Possessive Villain Fancier

OOC: LWR, I won't leave Eresse in the brig for long, honest. But I have a minor reason for sending you there apart from punishment.

Aboard the Merchant

*EXK stepped forward and grabbed the bottle of rum Sharkbait was holding out for Eresse.*

EXK: I think I'll take that.

Eresse: Huh? But....

EXK: But nothing. Flannery, with me.*She turned back to the crew members tied to the post* So how many more of ye know where there be gold? Or are ye scared of what the Captain here might do to yeh?

*Silence, and glares come from the merchants. EXK nods and steps up to the helm of the merchant, followed by Flannery. She takes out a spyglass and looks out across the waves. The sea is calm, and she can see a string of three islands on the horizon. *

EXK: What do you reckon Flannery?

Flannery: About what, cap'n?

EXK: The ship? How's she doing?

Flannery: Not much of a problem. Just need to anchor somewhere and get ourselves a new sail up. Koroush could patch up the holes in no time then.

EXK: Alright then. You can help me take these scumbags to the brig.

Flannery: These?

EXK: Yes. *She grins and yanks on the wheel, lodging a broken bottle between it and its central turning point.They walk back to the rest of the crew and EXK snaps shut the spyglass.* Right, everyone listen up. Flannery let your mate free. Sharkbait, disarm Eresse and keep you mace at the ready.

Eresse: what?

SB: What?

EXK: Time for me to teach you to obey your orders a little better, Eresse. Eärniel, you oversee the transfer of all the cargo we want to take. Sava will help you, and I'll send Koroush and Rana over. Sharkbait!

SB: Sorry, Eresse.

Eärniel: Yes ma'am, er what about these? *Eärniel points to the merchants, who are struggling with their bonds.*

EXK: I've set a course, they'll end up on the far island out there. *points* The one a bit separate from the other two.

Eärniel: Right. Sava...

EXK: oh and Eärniel? Set fire to their ship.

My soul is painted like the wings of butterflies,
Fairytales of yesterday will grow but never die,
I can fly - my friends.

XK

Last edited by Elfmaster XK : 08-15-2006 at 04:40 PM.
Old 08-15-2006, 04:50 PM   #554
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Eärniel: *somewhat unsure* Fire, captain? *recovers quickly* Yes, ma'am!

*Eärniel directs the crew to transfer the merchant's cargo to the Nal, including the contents of the merchant's maproom. No need to let pretty maps go to waste.

While the cargo is being stored aboard the
Nal, she looks over the railing to the horizon herself. Although she has no spy-glass and thus can't see the islands the captain was referring too, Eärniel can estimate the distance quite accurately. Any decent navigator should.

She remembers the sea-currents and the winds and starts calculating in her head how much time it would take for the battered merchant vessle to reach the islands, how long it would take the crew to get out and how she has to light the fire so the ship burns up on their heals without heavy casualties.

Eärniel was a firm believer in second chances, and third, fourth and fifth ones. Exactly the reason why it was unlikely she'd ever make it to pirate captain...
Old 08-16-2006, 05:53 AM   #555
Elfmaster XK
Possessive Villain Fancier

EXK was in a bad mood. More useless bloody fools tagging along, and a crew who couldn't take orders. She'd had better days. She led Eresse, Sharkbait and Flannery back across to the Nal. She stopped, and Flannery walked into her, almost overbalancing and falling into the sea. Almost, but not quite. EXK grinned...no, she wouldn't push him. She turned back to Rana, Bob and someone else. She was sure they hadn't signed up at the island. Or perhaps she'd forgotten about him. No...she didn't think so

EXK: Rana, where did that *she nods towards GIII*come from?

GIII: Excuse me?

Rana: Well, out of the water ma'am. Bob saved him.

EXK: I see. Who are you? And what do you want?

GIII: I am Glorfindel III, typical hero of historical romance, loyal to a fault....

EXK holds up her hand.

EXK: Stop right there. Sharkbait, clap him in irons.

GIII: Wait, let me explain!

EXK: Ye argue with me, and ye won't be standin on me deck anymore, mate. Do as ye are told and ye might see tomorrow.

Sharkbait takes the irons and closes them arond GIII's wrists. Eresse steps sideways while he isn't looking, but the cap'n draws her sword and points it in Eresse's back.

Eresse: I wasn't going anywhere!

EXK: Well ye are now, walk.

They all walked down to the brig, EXK opened the creaky door and cringed. The smell in there was pretty nasty. Still, she pulled Eresse along behind her, opening one of the doors and poking her until she went inside. GIII walked inside without a word. EXK took a key out and unlocked GIII's irons. Then she locked them together in the cell.

EXK: There ye go Eresse. Just a little time to think for ye. Not long at all. Ye will be free as soon as we reach the island. Sorry about the smell down here, she needs a good careening. Oh yes. And while ye think, here's some water. No rum until you learn to take ye orders. Sharkbait, watch them. Don't give them any rum or ye'll be joining them. And if they try to escape, well. Let's just say they'll be sharkbait too.

EXK grins, and pats SB on the back. She then heads back up on deck to see if Eärniel is finished with the cargo, and to set the heading for the nearest island. It's be slow going without the mainsail. But nevermind. There was plenty of rum, and wine, and as far as she could tell, no one to bother them.

My soul is painted like the wings of butterflies,
Fairytales of yesterday will grow but never die,
I can fly - my friends.

XK
Old 08-16-2006, 10:24 AM   #556
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

Eresse: "Who are you really?"

GIII: "I am Glorfindel III, typical hero of historical romance, loyal to a fault, honourable, can do the 100 in evens, top marks at Oxford, always at your service, ma'm." He says, bowed and took Eresse's hand and kissed it lightly.

Eresse blushes and holds the other hand to her lips.

Last edited by Grey_Wolf : 08-16-2006 at 10:25 AM.
Old 08-16-2006, 06:44 PM   #557
Lady Willow Rose
Elf Lord

...before rolling her eyes. "Great," she muttered. "We really need a romantic hero on a pirate ship." Eresse massaged her throat and tried to moisten her lips. "Gods, I haven't had rum since this morning." She turned her eyes to Sharkbait. "Hope I'm not going to be stuck here too long, mate. I'd hate to die of rum-deprivation. Not a pretty way to go."

Old 08-17-2006, 02:39 AM   #558
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

"Dear lady, being ever at your service, will this do as a substitute." GIII said, pulled forth from his jacket a pocket flask sized bottle of Famous Grouse."Take a swig!"

Last edited by Grey_Wolf : 08-17-2006 at 02:40 AM.
Old 08-17-2006, 03:13 AM   #559
Lady Willow Rose
Elf Lord

Eresse blinked and stared at him. "On second thought, ye could actually come in handy." She took the bottle and did as he'd instructed.

Old 08-17-2006, 04:31 AM   #560
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

"Dear Lady, there is more where that came from." GIII smiled ingeniously, opening his jacket and showing her a plethora of small bottles.
Closed Thread