Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Entertainment Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 06-14-2004, 08:10 AM   #541
Linaewen
Fair Dinkum

Quote:
Originally posted by BeardofPants
Oh, what did you think of DotD? Saw it last week. Hooray for zombie movies.
Don't ask Millane for his opinion on movies, he likes almost everything.

Lai, were you after "The Ring"? If so, the American version? I've watched the Japanese one, I don't think it's as good as the American one in terms of being a thriller movie, but it was not bad.
Old 06-14-2004, 04:24 PM   #542
BeardofPants
the Shrike

Pfft. The Japanese version is more creepy. *BoP still has nightmares*
Old 06-14-2004, 04:27 PM   #543
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

Hubby and oldest son just saw "Day after Tomorrow" - good schools-out-and-I-need-to-watch-a-disaster-movie flick.

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!
Old 06-14-2004, 04:28 PM   #544
Janny
The Blobbit

Aww. Poor BoP! Is BoP starting to refer to herself in the third person too? How Janny-rific.
*Hits self in head* Narcissic!

Tradition means giving votes to the most obscure of all classes, our ancestors. It is the democracy of the dead. Tradition refuses to submit to the small and arrogant oligarchy of those who happen to be walking about. ~ Mercutio... erm, GK Chesterton.
Old 06-14-2004, 04:30 PM   #545
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

Stop ruining my current poster count, Janny! *gets out blowtorch*

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Old 06-14-2004, 04:31 PM   #546
Janny
The Blobbit

*Runs back to happy thread*
Happy thoughts! Happy thoughts!

Tradition means giving votes to the most obscure of all classes, our ancestors. It is the democracy of the dead. Tradition refuses to submit to the small and arrogant oligarchy of those who happen to be walking about. ~ Mercutio... erm, GK Chesterton.
Old 06-14-2004, 04:31 PM   #547
BeardofPants
the Shrike

*BoP would like it to be noted that she was referring to herself in third person whilst Janny was still in the proverbial diapers. BoP would also like noted that Janny should shut up, unless he wants to feel my flamey whiskery beardy flameyness.* *nicks pants for good measure*
Old 06-14-2004, 04:33 PM   #548
Rían

um, um, er, I just saw LOTR recently ... *checks Entmoot home page*

Old 06-14-2004, 04:36 PM   #549
Janny
The Blobbit

Who says Janny's not in his diapers!!!
*pauses*
Erm... I retract my previous statement.

Old 06-14-2004, 04:40 PM   #550
Rían

Is the movie Dune any good? (I need to get the book before BoP steals my pants!)

Old 06-14-2004, 05:04 PM   #551
BeardofPants
the Shrike

The movie is terrible, and you SHOULD read Dune.
Old 06-15-2004, 01:22 PM   #552
Lalaith
The Elvish Temptress

Quote:
Originally posted by Linaewen

Lai, were you after "The Ring"? If so, the American version? I've watched the Japanese one, I don't think it's as good as the American one in terms of being a thriller movie, but it was not bad.
Actually I wanted the American version. Didn't even think of the Japanese one. But I don't think that they have the Japanese version in our movie rent shop (hahaha, I'm sure that it is not called this way, but I'm too lazy to look it up in the dictionary).
Old 06-16-2004, 08:38 AM   #553
Millane
The Dude

Quote:
Originally posted by Linaewen
Don't ask Millane for his opinion on movies, he likes almost everything.

hahahahha discredit MY movie opinions and then end with your pathetic one if i recall the American one lacked Hiroyuki Senada, tut tut lin Japanese movies can stand on there own feet (especially their horror movies) but if producers think there are enough twits out there who will watch a poorer version over a superior one simply because it was made in america well they should make there money, as long as I have got the better one to watch.
I didnt get to the cinema on monday with my day off (spent the day recuperating in bed with a nice book ) but i did drag myself out to watch In the name of the Father, which has been in my dvd player for close on the last week i love that movie, usually when i see a movie with someone like Charles S Dutton i cant help but think Dillon but this didnt happen with Pete Postlethwaite which i was extremely grateful for...
Old 06-19-2004, 10:21 PM   #554
Lady Tinuveil
Elven Warrior

~

I just seen Mystic River, I liked Sean Penn
There is not really any to rent these days-
Old 06-20-2004, 01:11 AM   #555
Cirdan
Elf Lord of the Grey Havens

Mystic river was good.

Just watched Monster tonight. Very good.

50 First Dates was very funny. AS back to his better material.

Also watched the first Disc of the Children of Dune miniseries. A bit less cheesy looking than the last one. They compressed Messiah and Children into six hours which was better editing as well. The "children" are ridiculously old, though. I think Ghanima looks about 27.
There exists a limit to the force even ther most powerful may apply without destroying themselves. Judging this limit is the true artistry of government. Misuse of power is the fatal sin. The law cannot be a tool of vengance, never a hostage, nor a fortification against the martyrs it has created. You cannot threaten any individual and escape the consequences.

-Muad'dib on Law
The Stilgar Commentary
Old 06-20-2004, 02:43 AM   #556
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

Location: Mirkwood, well actually I live in North-west Scania, Sweden
Began seeing Up At the Villa starring Kristin Scott Thomas, Ann Bancroft and Sean Penn yesterday. It's set in Italy 1938 after Chamberlein's Peace in our time-speech and the Ansluss of Austria with Germany.

Last edited by Grey_Wolf : 06-20-2004 at 02:48 AM.
Old 06-22-2004, 11:40 AM   #557
Mercutio

"A Room with a View"

That was so wonderful! I wish Freddy Honeychurch had a bigger part. He was so pulchritudinous!! (and George Emerson, too.)

Interested in C.S. Lewis? Visit the forum dedicated
to one of Tolkien's greatest contemporaries.
Old 06-22-2004, 12:47 PM   #558
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

Location: Mirkwood, well actually I live in North-west Scania, Sweden
Saw a Swedish, kind of thriller, called Den Osynlige (The Invisible One) yesterday. It was a bit like Ghost.

Last edited by Grey_Wolf : 06-22-2004 at 12:49 PM.
Old 06-22-2004, 02:38 PM   #559
Janny
The Blobbit

Born 2 Die. I don't want to talk about. I must stp agreeing to watching these films. (yawn... not eek)

Old 06-22-2004, 03:48 PM   #560
BeardofPants
the Shrike

Weeell, not a movie, but I just finished watching season 3 of babylon 5 on DVD. Whoah.....
Closed Thread