Old 02-03-2004, 12:56 PM   #541
Falagar
Death of Mooters and [Entmoot] Internal Affairs

Yep (excluding Eomer's son Elfwine).
Old 02-03-2004, 01:10 PM   #542
Valandil
High King at Annuminas Administrator

Theoden

What were the five provinces of old Gondor (soon after it was founded - late 2nd, early 3rd Age)?
Old 02-03-2004, 01:23 PM   #543
Dúnedain
High King of Númenórë

Quote:
Originally posted by Valandil
That's correct! In chronological order, they were:

Kin-Slaying
Great Plague (said to be the worst)
Invasion of Wainriders

Your turn Twista. Make sure you're crystal clear this time...
Booooo! I can make a very valid case that Sauron was much more evil to Gondor than the stupid Wainriders!
'Et Eärello Endorenna utúlien. Sinome maruvan ar Hildinyar tenn' Ambar-metta!' - And those were the words that Elendil spoke when he came up out of the Sea on the wings of the wind: 'Out of the Great Sea to Middle-earth I am come. In this place will I abide, and my heirs, unto the ending of the world.'

'Then Tuor arrayed himself in the hauberk, and set the helm upon his head, and he girt himself with the sword; black were sheath and belt with clasps of silver. Thus armed he went forth from Turgon's hall, and stood upon the high terraces of Taras in the red light of the sun. None were there to see him, as he gazed westward, gleaming in silver and gold, and he knew not that in that hour he appeared as one of the Mighty of the West, and fit to be father of the kings of the Kings of Men beyond the Sea, as it was indeed his doom to be; but in the taking of those arms a change came upon Tuor son of Huor, and his heart grew great within him. And as he stepped down from the doors the swans did him reverence, and plucking each a great feather from their wings they proffered them to him, laying their long necks upon the stone before his feet; and he took the seven feathers and set them in the crest of his helm, and straightway the swans arose and flew north in the sunset, and Tuor saw them no more.' -Of Tuor and his Coming to Gondolin

"Oh. Forgive me, fairest of all males of Entmoot...Back down, all ye other wannabe fairest males! Dunedain is the fairest!"
--Linaewen
Old 02-03-2004, 02:46 PM   #544
Valandil

Theoden

Quote:
Originally posted by Dúnedain
Booooo! I can make a very valid case that Sauron was much more evil to Gondor than the stupid Wainriders!
C'mon... no sour grapes! There were Three Great Evils to trouble Gondor - and that's what they were... though Sauron may have been behind one or more of them, this was how they were known.

Besides, I figured you'd have this latest question REAL easily!
Old 02-03-2004, 02:52 PM   #545
Radagast The Brown
Elf Lord

I'd guess:

1. Calenard'on
2. Ithilien
3. Lebenin
4. Anorien
5. Anfalas

???
Old 02-03-2004, 02:56 PM   #546
Dúnedain
High King of Númenórë

Hmmm this is a tough one. I know it can't be either Tharbad, Pelargir or Dol Amroth in there. Tharbad & Pelargir was founded before Gondor existed, and Dol Amroth was founded in the late 3rd age.

I'd say, Ithilien, Isengard, Lossarnach, Lebinnen, and Anorien?
'Et Eärello Endorenna utúlien. Sinome maruvan ar Hildinyar tenn' Ambar-metta!' - And those were the words that Elendil spoke when he came up out of the Sea on the wings of the wind: 'Out of the Great Sea to Middle-earth I am come. In this place will I abide, and my heirs, unto the ending of the world.'

'Then Tuor arrayed himself in the hauberk, and set the helm upon his head, and he girt himself with the sword; black were sheath and belt with clasps of silver. Thus armed he went forth from Turgon's hall, and stood upon the high terraces of Taras in the red light of the sun. None were there to see him, as he gazed westward, gleaming in silver and gold, and he knew not that in that hour he appeared as one of the Mighty of the West, and fit to be father of the kings of the Kings of Men beyond the Sea, as it was indeed his doom to be; but in the taking of those arms a change came upon Tuor son of Huor, and his heart grew great within him. And as he stepped down from the doors the swans did him reverence, and plucking each a great feather from their wings they proffered them to him, laying their long necks upon the stone before his feet; and he took the seven feathers and set them in the crest of his helm, and straightway the swans arose and flew north in the sunset, and Tuor saw them no more.' -Of Tuor and his Coming to Gondolin

"Oh. Forgive me, fairest of all males of Entmoot...Back down, all ye other wannabe fairest males! Dunedain is the fairest!"
--Linaewen
Old 02-03-2004, 03:00 PM   #547
Valandil

Theoden

Radagast (and everyone else) - my apologies. That was more a 'Middle-Earth' trivia question, because I'm not certain they're really listed in the Appendices anywhere. Do you want to go ahead and ask, since I blew it - or do you want me to ask a replacement question?

btw - your first four were correct - the other is Belfalas.
Old 02-03-2004, 03:05 PM   #548
Dúnedain
High King of Númenórë

Quote:
Originally posted by Valandil
Radagast (and everyone else) - my apologies. That was more a 'Middle-Earth' trivia question, because I'm not certain they're really listed in the Appendices anywhere. Do you want to go ahead and ask, since I blew it - or do you want me to ask a replacement question?

btw - your first four were correct - the other is Belfalas.
I disagree I believe Lossarnach was a fief of Gondor before Belfalas was. I mean Dol Amroth, which is the chief city in Belfalas wasn't built until sometime between III 2004 and III 2129. I say this, because the The first Lord of Dol Amroth was Galador and that was when he lived. Also, it was named for Amroth the former King of Lórien who was lost at sea in III 1981. Yes, of course people did live in Belfalas, but it certainly wasn't an important fiefdom/province until the founding of Dol Amroth...

Lamedon could have been another possibility as well, since Isildur often visited Erech...

--Linaewen
Old 02-03-2004, 03:09 PM   #549
Valandil

Theoden

Quote:
Originally posted by Dúnedain
I disagree I believe Lossarnach was a fief of Gondor before Belfalas was. I mean Dol Amroth, which is the chief city in Belfalas wasn't built until sometime between III 2004 and III 2129. I say this, because the The first Lord of Dol Amroth was Galador and that was when he lived. Also, it was named for Amroth the former King of Lórien who was lost at sea in III 1981. Yes, of course people did live in Belfalas, but it certainly wasn't an important fiefdom/province until the founding of Dol Amroth...

Lamedon could have been another possibility as well, since Isildur often visited Erech...
Yes - maybe a clear division is hard to make (I should've told Radagast 'the other one I was looking for' rather than 'the other one is') ... but that was the list I found when I referred back to a *Michael Martinez Article* But regardless, it isn't spelled out in the Appendices, so we have to discard that as a question.
Old 02-03-2004, 03:16 PM   #550
Valandil

Theoden

Well, no sign of Radagast the Brown - and I can never tell if Dunedain is here or not, so I'll post the replacement now:

Into what three countries was the Realm of Arnor divided after the death of King Earendur?
Old 02-03-2004, 04:04 PM   #551
Radagast The Brown
Elf Lord

Arthedain, Cardolen, Rud'aur.
Old 02-03-2004, 04:13 PM   #552
Valandil

Theoden

Quote:
Originally posted by Radagast The Brown
Arthedain, Cardolen, Rud'aur.
correct - your turn!
Old 02-03-2004, 04:49 PM   #553
Radagast The Brown
Elf Lord

Who was the leader of the Eotheod that brought them in the lands of the north?
Old 02-03-2004, 04:58 PM   #554
Valandil

Theoden

Quote:
Originally posted by Radagast The Brown
Who was the leader of the Eotheod that brought them in the lands of the north?
Oh - that was Frumgar! At least in Appendix A, it is... I think he's called 'Frungor' in Appendix B!
Old 02-04-2004, 07:03 AM   #555
Radagast The Brown
Elf Lord

Correct.
Old 02-04-2004, 10:32 AM   #556
Valandil

Theoden

How many months on the Numenorean calendar had 30 days?
Old 02-04-2004, 10:49 AM   #557
Twista
Orodruin's Flame

Meh its too hard lol. Id have to look it up and i cant be bothered lol.

Guess : 6?

Visit the Ye Olde Avatar Shop and The New One

Dont tell me what I cannot do

Two men are on a Island, they both see a "monster", one sees a bright light, and the other sees a dark cloud

My name bares no reference to the music artist.
Old 02-04-2004, 10:50 AM   #558
Valandil

Theoden

Not 6...
Old 02-04-2004, 11:14 AM   #559
Cirdan
Elf Lord of the Grey Havens

There exists a limit to the force even ther most powerful may apply without destroying themselves. Judging this limit is the true artistry of government. Misuse of power is the fatal sin. The law cannot be a tool of vengance, never a hostage, nor a fortification against the martyrs it has created. You cannot threaten any individual and escape the consequences.

-Muad'dib on Law
The Stilgar Commentary
Old 02-04-2004, 11:28 AM   #560
Valandil

Theoden

Not 12...
Closed Thread