FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 05-27-2003, 11:01 AM   #541
Ruinel
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Lalaith
Ruinel!
Just some little mistakes:
Mein Deutsch ist sehr schlecht. Ich spreche ..... (I don't understand what you mean with before). Aber ich verstehe wenig von davon.
ACK! Ok... I was trying to say that my German is very bad. In the second sentence I was trying to say that 'I said this before'. I don't know what the word for before is. And I might have used spreche the wrong way also. I'm not sure.

I would actually like to learn the german language better, but there really isn't anyone to practice with here. There are a lot of languages I wish I knew better (list is very long). I have a great respect for all the Mooters who do not speak english as their native language and have become quite fluent in it.

Wow, way off topic!

Viel glueck, JD! Und, ich wunsche sehen viel {mud} auf sie. Bilden {fight} viel unordenlich (??).
Good luch, JD! And I want to see a lot of mud on them. Make the fight very messy. Not sure if I got some of the words right or even spelled correctly. I probably should be checking this on a translation site, but ah... no time.
Old 05-27-2003, 11:03 AM   #542
jerseydevil
I am Freddie/UNDERCOVER/ Founder of The Great Continent of Entmoot

Quote:
Originally posted by Baby-K
JD - read the rest of the thread & if you take those comments seriously I'm gonna have to find some way to punish you for not knowing my sense of humour by now
It seems as if you don't understand my sesen of humor if you took it seriously - but you guys DID start discussion in the Avatar thread.
Quote:

Lai, of course you're gonna support JD - it's damned obvious! It was clear from the start that Jonathan, JD, Lai, Lin, the # brothers, Ruinel and whoever else would be banding together 'cos yer all FRIENDS Just like I would obviously support Coney...............besides were Anti-American j/k
# brothers. And don't be critisising my supporters - and Jonathan is not in this band. I don't even talk to Jonathan or even know him *attmpting to distance myself so baby-k does not convince Jonathan I should lose becuase of her accusation*
Quote:

BTW - the Commonwealth reference was made because of what Sheeana said in the avatar thread - get it?, got it? good
I know - it doesn't mean your right though.

"The only thing better than a great plan is implementing a great plan" - JerseyDevil

"If everyone agreed with me all the time, everything would be just fine"- JerseyDevil

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

Memorial to the Twin Towers
New Jersey Map
Fellowship of the Messageboard
Legend of the Jersey Devil
Support New Jersey's Liberty Tower
Peacefire.org

AboutNewJersey.com - New Jersey
Travel and Tourism Guide

Last edited by jerseydevil : 05-27-2003 at 11:18 AM.
Old 05-27-2003, 11:04 AM   #543
Lalaith
The Elvish Temptress

Quote:
Originally posted by Jonathan

And stop speaking German please. Si nous allons parler une autre langue, nous parlerons français
Deje de hablar esta lengua tonta! No la me gusta nada. Acabe de escribir los "Mud Wrestling Fights".
Old 05-27-2003, 11:09 AM   #544
Artanis
Greatest Elven woman of Aman

Oh, and Jonathan, it's 'parlons', not 'parlerons'.
Old 05-27-2003, 11:09 AM   #545
Lalaith
The Elvish Temptress

Quote:
Originally posted by Ruinel
ACK! Ok... I was trying to say that my German is very bad. In the second sentence I was trying to say that 'I said this before'. I don't know what the word for before is. And I might have used spreche the wrong way also. I'm not sure.

I would actually like to learn the german language better, but there really isn't anyone to practice with here. There are a lot of languages I wish I knew better (list is very long). I have a great respect for all the Mooters who do not speak english as their native language and have become quite fluent in it.

Wow, way off topic!

Viel glueck, JD! Und, ich wunsche sehen viel {mud} auf sie. Bilden {fight} viel unordenlich (??).
Good luch, JD! And I want to see a lot of mud on them. Make the fight very messy. Not sure if I got some of the words right or even spelled correctly. I probably should be checking this on a translation site, but ah... no time.
ah, you and your German are sooooooo damn cute
I said this before means: Ich habe das schon einmal gesagt (or schon früher).
No, your spreche was right, I think. I was very proud that you have used the correct form.
Do you want to be very polite when talking to JD? Then you would use "Sie", but if you are friends, you schould use "Du". iN other words:
Ich möchte viel Dreck auf dir sehen! (damn, damn word order
)
fight means Kampf
Old 05-27-2003, 11:11 AM   #546
Ruinel
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by gimli7410
cant we all just speak english
Vous ne comprenez pas? C'est triste. Le monde est petit. Il es bon d'apprendez d'autres endroits et d'autres les gens. Le monde ne tourne pas autour vous et moi. Le monde tourne autour seulement sans notre aide.

(wow that took a long time to recall and I hope I got it right. *phew*)
You do not understand? That is sad. The world is small. It is good to learn about places and about the people. The world does not turn around you and me. The world turns around alone without our help/aid.
Old 05-27-2003, 11:16 AM   #547
jerseydevil

Quote:
And to those of you who says this competition is a big joke:
Shut up
I told my team in the locker room that is NOT a joke. This is very very serious business. We have our strategy worked out.
Quote:

And stop speaking German please. Si nous allons parler une autre langue, nous parlerons français
French? Je n'aime pas français.

I could get out my "Merde! The Real French You Were Never Taught at School" book, but since this is PG-13 board I won't say anything even in French like that.

"The only thing better than a great plan is implementing a great plan" - JerseyDevil

"If everyone agreed with me all the time, everything would be just fine"- JerseyDevil

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

New Jersey Map
Peacefire.org

Travel and Tourism Guide

Old 05-27-2003, 11:18 AM   #548
Lalaith
The Elvish Temptress

Hiya!
Let's stop spamming and spoiling this thread. If you want to talk in any other language (and talk about any rubbish you want to) go there:
Foreign Languages
Old 05-27-2003, 11:22 AM   #549
Ruinel
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Baby-K
Lai, of course you're gonna support JD - it's damned obvious! It was clear from the start that Jonathan, JD, Lai, Lin, the # brothers, Ruinel and whoever else would be banding together 'cos yer all FRIENDS Just like I would obviously support Coney...............besides were Anti-American j/k
Welll... I suppose we've just had more contact with each other. That's all. I don't really think we're ganging up or anything. Its just a joke.
LOL! BTW, I just love your sense of humor, Baby-K. *knows that she and Coney both deeply wish they could be Americans*.... lol... j/k! lol!
Old 05-27-2003, 11:48 AM   #550
Ruinel
Banned

Quote:
Si nous allons parler une autre langue, nous parlerons français
Ah... la langue de l'amour. Je parlez avec vous en francais. Ce qui vous desirent je a parole? Non sale mots, c'est PG-13 thread! Je puis vous donner mauvais mots dans le pm ou le ICQ. hehehe... Vous ne faites le ennui pour moi. *shakes finger at Jonathan* Mauvais mots comme salop, salope, merde, etc..... Moi cousins et cousines enseigne moi. LOL!

Did you get my other post! make it messy! lol!
Old 05-27-2003, 12:12 PM   #551
Lalaith
The Elvish Temptress

Quote:
Originally posted by Ruinel
Welll... I suppose we've just had more contact with each other. That's all. I don't really think we're ganging up or anything. Its just a joke.
LOL! BTW, I just love your sense of humor, Baby-K. *knows that she and Coney both deeply wish they could be Americans*.... lol... j/k! lol!
Oh yes, we are ganging up. Watch out, fear it, the Entmoot Gang is on it's way.

Jonathan, I hope you have finished studying soon, as I am eager to see another fight.
Old 05-27-2003, 12:16 PM   #552
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

Hey!!! First I find out that I'm in a competition that I don't even know about, then I find out I win the first match (of course ), then I find out I lost the second! But looking at the rules, it's guys against guys, and girls against girls, so I claim...
FOUL!!
Because of this post here where Linaewen states Linaewen's gender to be .... MALE!!

I claim a victory in the second match due to my opponent breaking the rules!!

good shall triumph!!

Go me!!

for the information of those that are getting het up about this, this post is entirely a joke!!

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!

Last edited by Rían : 05-27-2003 at 12:20 PM.
Old 05-27-2003, 12:17 PM   #553
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by jerseydevil
Don't worry about the JD fans - my supporters are too well behaved to take it out on you - they'll just kill the Coney side.
You and what army?

The minute it starts getting ugly here, I'm out. It's a joke and a good one (well at least to me) but I'm not going to take it seriously. I mean it's not even an actual competition. Neither JD or Coney can actually do anything to win since somebody else is writing the match.

It'll be something like pink and purple day. After this we can all have a drink and remember fondly the entmoot mud wrestling. And then people who joined after this will wonder what we're talking about and ask what it was like and wish they were here to see it.

I feel sorry for Jonathan. I don't think he realised what he's gotten himself into. Poor guy. And we haven't even reached the finale yet! Neh neh neh!

Fne, break's over.

*goes back to study ethics*
Old 05-27-2003, 12:29 PM   #554
Lalaith
The Elvish Temptress

Quote:
Originally posted by RÃ*an
Hey!!! First I find out that I'm in a competition that I don't even know about, then I find out I win the first match (of course ), then I find out I lost the second! But looking at the rules, it's guys against guys, and girls against girls, so I claim...
FOUL!!
Because of this post here where Linaewen states Linaewen's gender to be .... MALE!!

I claim a victory in the second match due to my opponent breaking the rules!!

good shall triumph!!

Go me!!

for the information of those that are getting het up about this, this post is entirely a joke!!
you have to see it that way: Jonathan didn't know about Lins gender when he started the thread .... although ... I think he could throw him/her out of competition because of cheating
You could start a request.
Old 05-27-2003, 12:33 PM   #555
jerseydevil

Quote:
Originally posted by Eärniel
You and what army?
Do you foget that I am Leader of the Entmoot Rebellion?
Quote:

The minute it starts getting ugly here, I'm out. It's a joke and a good one (well at least to me) but I'm not going to take it seriously. I mean it's not even an actual competition. Neither JD or Coney can actually do anything to win since somebody else is writing the match.
Hey team - can make her give up her support. She'll toss in the towel if it gets TOO rough. Get her!!!!!
Quote:

It'll be something like pink and purple day. After this we can all have a drink and remember fondly the entmoot mud wrestling. And then people who joined after this will wonder what we're talking about and ask what it was like and wish they were here to see it.
Oh well - they're loss.
Quote:

I feel sorry for Jonathan. I don't think he realised what he's gotten himself into. Poor guy. And we haven't even reached the finale yet! Neh neh neh!
The finale will be an anti-climax compared to this match. Surprising it seems that Jonathan just didn't think that the Coney vs JD fight would end up being this big. It's the fight of the century. Of course now he is under A LOT of pressure to make it good.

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

New Jersey Map
Peacefire.org

Travel and Tourism Guide

Last edited by jerseydevil : 05-27-2003 at 12:35 PM.
Old 05-27-2003, 12:38 PM   #556
Jonathan
Entmoot Attorney-General,
Equilibrating the Scales of Justice, Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Artanis
Oh, and Jonathan, it's 'parlons', not 'parlerons'.
Hey, don't tell me how to speak French! I've studied the language for eleven damn years
You could say "parlons", but I decided to write "parlerons". Both ways are grammatically correct in that very sentence.
Quote:
Originally posted by Eärniel
Actually, I new exactly what I got myself into .

And RÃ*an, I know all about Linaewen's gender and Lin will NOT be disqualified! Sorry RÃ*an
An unwritten post is a delightful universe of infinite possibilities. Set down one word, however, and it immediately becomes earthbound. Set down one sentence and it’s halfway to being just like every other bloody entry that’s ever been written.
Old 05-27-2003, 12:38 PM   #557
Ruinel
Banned

Quote:
...I claim a victory in the second match due to my opponent breaking the rules!!

good shall triumph!![/size]
LOL! *loves Rian's humor very much* LOL!
Old 05-27-2003, 12:43 PM   #558
Jonathan
Entmoot Attorney-General,
Equilibrating the Scales of Justice, Administrator

Quote:
good shall triumph!!
Then why root for the (Jersey) Devil?
An unwritten post is a delightful universe of infinite possibilities. Set down one word, however, and it immediately becomes earthbound. Set down one sentence and it’s halfway to being just like every other bloody entry that’s ever been written.
Old 05-27-2003, 12:49 PM   #559
Sween
im quite stupid

ill support my fellow drinker and countryman coney! Kick that yank in the hats ass and show him what a real englishmans made of............fish and chips and warm beer of course.

go coney grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr xxxxxx
Old 05-27-2003, 12:57 PM   #560
Artanis
Greatest Elven woman of Aman

Quote:
Hey, don't tell me how to speak French! I've studied the language for eleven damn years
You could say "parlons", but I decided to write "parlerons". Both ways are grammatically correct in that very sentence.
All right, I bow to your expertice. All I've done is studying French in my sparetime for less than a year. i'll appreciate if you could explain here, or in the new languages thread.