FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 06-29-2008, 05:11 AM   #541
Amael
Elven Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ingwe View Post
Welcome aboard new folks!

I wish I could have returned earlier after this vacation had ended, but I lack motivation and I lack the ability to write anything remotely interesting at the moment. Some medical stuff let's say isn't going too well, and in the mental department, couldn't be more depressed and there's no explanation for it. I hope it ends soon...one way or another it will. Namarie, for now. I hope this is not set in stone. It appears that catching up will now be next to impossible. The only way I could make it work at least in my own way is to not do nothing. You know what they say, when you don't know what to do, do nothing. If you have a right turn, left turn, and straight ahead as choices, just keep going straight.
Agreed. Lord have mercy indeed. One thing perhaps I don't agree with is the farewell statement. First you left our site, now you're leaving here for a while? Well fortunately, or unfortunately, I can associate of course. I've gone through problems with you over the lastt couple of weeks, but I know none of it is your fault. Some people just don't have mercy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by feawen View Post
unless you've watched the episode of dr who last week then you turn left, you always turn left!

i dont want to stick my nose in or anything Ingwe and just tell me to shut up if you like. But ive been to that depressing place and i know its not good. Find someone to talk to, someone out of your life, like a dr. It helps to talk or if not that write everything down just write the things that come into your head it may help you to find out why you feel like this.
Ya, he's talked to doctors, we talk to each other all of the time too. This has been a really bad month for both of us but I think Ingwe will be alright. I mean, the vacation was great and everything else was going okay, but I have a couple of my own complaints aboutt some recent things that have happened in life. All I can say is God Have Mercy. The last couple of weeks I've probably cursed more than any other time in my life combined, and that's saying a lot. Anyway, if anyone's curious about the issues, I won't say it on an open forum because on Ingwe's own site, that's a policy there and for me it's a policy everywhere for me. If anyone's curious, just send a personal message to me and I'll recap on what's been going on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mari View Post
Ingwe, short summary:
We were trying to find Nami in Dol Guldur. She found the Beorning (forgot his name ) and together they found the other group.
Quickleaf fell down into a cave in the water and hurt his eyes, thus he is now blind.
We all got out of Dol Guldur safely and we acquired a new member under ground: Aerin, an elf and Messenger of Lady Galadriel.
Then we slept and now we are slowly waking and starting our morning conversations.
In the morning a new elf came walking into the camp, Nixie.

So now there are people still sleeping, there is a small group talking near the fire consisting of Radaghast, Hedrim, Nixie and a little further away Quickleaf and Aerin.
A little further away Nami and Aelfwine sit.
Near the edge of camp Haldis, Tabril, Abasi and Ellysa are talking.

There, you can jump in again Sit down with Nami and Aelfwine or enquire after Quickleaf's health or go get something to eat or something like that.

*hugs*

EDIT: Earn, there's a list in the first post of the first page of this thread
I'm sure he'll like knowing what's going on. That definitelly gave me some insight too on it. Otherwise I would have been lost. I haven't gotten to read that much since the first topic for 3L (Long Lost Leaves).

I'm for moving on from Dol Guldur, but is Quickleaf going to be alright? It's hard to travel onward if you're blind.
Old 06-29-2008, 05:47 AM   #542
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Quote:
the way i see it we're running out of people willing to go down there.
There's that. By popular vote I see most people are for moving on or don't mind what happens as long as they don't have to go underground again, which kind of negates another day in Dol Guldur anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azrael View Post
Ok I give up. I understand nothing about this lol. I read to page 4 and understood less then half...so I guess I have to finish all the books before i do this lol...I hate reading! you guys better be right about them being good.
You have never finished Lord of the Rings? Well, that's going to be a bit of a problem then.

If you haven't read Lord of the Rings, almost none of this world, the people and races in it, the places we're going to -the whole mission in fact- is going to make sense. This game takes place a couple of years after the events in Lord of the Rings and we refer and rely on those events often enough.

I don't think you can comfortably play this game without knowing anything of the world of Middle-earth. I'm sorry (if somewhat boggled) that you dislike reading and LoTR is a big book, but there's no way around it, I'm afraid.

You are more than welcome to come back and join once you've read the books. But without knowing about those, you won't be able to do much in this game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amael View Post
I'm for moving on from Dol Guldur, but is Quickleaf going to be alright? It's hard to travel onward if you're blind.
Sorry to hear not everything is going alright with you to. Best of luck in keeping your man in line, Amael, I'm sure you will manage well.

As for Quickleaf, I'm sure we'll manage that. Willow, perhaps Haldis can have a look at Quickleaf's eyes and determine they'll be able to heal? It won't make any sense to drag him along if we don't have a clear indication whether he'll recover or not.
Old 06-29-2008, 01:31 PM   #543
Azrael
Elven Warrior

Location: in the one town with that weird name that i can;t seem to think of...*luaghes* but its a funny name!
yeah I will read it...but its not a light read lol. but yeah LOTR the only thing i know is the movies and thats at best but give me a week or two i'll get it done

Do you trust me?

I can show you the world
-Aladdin-

If home is where the heart is, then my home is where you are!
-Relient K, I'm taking you with me-
Old 06-29-2008, 01:57 PM   #544
Willow Oran
Deus Ex Machina

Will do, just as soon as something gets her out of the conversation she's in. If our fearless leader would give the plot a kick...?
Tough Guide To FantasyLand

...it's not much of a show if somebody doesn't suffer, and preferably at length. Suffering is beautiful in any case, and so is anguish; but as for loathing, and bitterness... I don't think they belong on the stage at all.

- Isabella, I Gelosi
Old 06-29-2008, 02:21 PM   #545
Coffeehouse
Entmoot Minister of Foreign Affairs

Hey all, finally a moment to go to the Moot Will post in the story soon, enlighten (Pun!) the future of Quickleaf's eyes.

Azrael(?) I would believe it even better to avoid reading too much from our story since there are certain parts of it that reveal the story from LOTR, and instead read the book! Tolkien's world is a treasure chest of adventure
Old 06-29-2008, 02:33 PM   #546
Earniel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willow Oran View Post
If our fearless leader would give the plot a kick...?
Working on it! But I first have got to do something about the bust links in the Entmoot Picture Links thread like I promised. Work before play. *sigh*
Old 06-29-2008, 09:53 PM   #547
Azrael
Elven Warrior

Location: in the one town with that weird name that i can;t seem to think of...*luaghes* but its a funny name!
Hey idea! once i get through the books far enough I have an idea but not sure if its a good or bad. Every story has an antagonist and protagonists, so I was thinking since in the two towers a good guy went bad that I play someone against you and that tries to....im not sure but do something to you. good or bad?

Do you trust me?

I can show you the world
-Aladdin-

Old 06-29-2008, 11:43 PM   #548
Curufin
The Ñoldóran

You should probably read the whole book first...

~The Lay of Leithian
Old 06-30-2008, 12:22 AM   #549
Azrael
Elven Warrior

smash the dreams sis! way to go!

Do you trust me?

I can show you the world
-Aladdin-

Old 06-30-2008, 04:16 AM   #550
Earniel

Read the books, Azrael. And once you're up to speed on the story, we'll discuss possible bad guys, but for the moment all that is covered.
Old 06-30-2008, 11:52 AM   #551
feawen
The Lady of Laughter

did i read right that you were going to read the whole thing in two weeks?

it took me a mouth per book! and thats just lotr the silimalli (spelt oh so wrong!) took me ages! although i read children of hundin (again spelt wrong i know) fast, i liked all the pictures!
Old 06-30-2008, 12:29 PM   #552
Acalewia
Halfelven Daughter of the Dunedain, President of Entmoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curufin View Post
Abasi is most definitely not cute.
Oh come on! Abasi is cute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eärniel View Post
Hey guys, a question.

I had originally planned one more excursion into Dol Guldur. But I thought it best that the Dol Guldur chapter was finished before I left on holiday, that will be too difficult now if we are going to go underground again. And we've been at Dol Guldur for almost two months (real time) I can understand people are somewhat tired of it.

So what would you prefer:

(a)one more visit into Dol Guldur and that I hand someone my notes to coordinate the underground adventure in my absence,
or
(b)we finish Dol Guldur now and that I put you on the path to the next location in the quest (where I need not be necessarily present)?
I think B would be the better option. Aelfwine could be willing to go down again since all she got to do the first time was ride a Warg
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azrael View Post
smash the dreams sis! way to go!
lol
Quote:
did i read right that you were going to read the whole thing in two weeks?

it took me a mouth per book! and thats just lotr the silimalli (spelt oh so wrong!) took me ages! although i read children of hundin (again spelt wrong i know) fast, i liked all the pictures!
Hmmm, it took me a couple of months to read LotR. I'm still reading on the Sil, 6 months later
I have yet to read the children of Horin (?)

Don't meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

"Don't be such a sour wolf" Stiles ~ Heart Monitor

http://www.wattpad.com/user/IceQueenofMitera
Old 06-30-2008, 01:14 PM   #553
Azrael
Elven Warrior

i read around 400-500 a minite....im in the middle of the hobbit now

Do you trust me?

I can show you the world
-Aladdin-

Old 06-30-2008, 02:15 PM   #554
feawen
The Lady of Laughter

woo thats some fast reading!

children of hundin (?) is about turin and whole i married by brother and became pregnant because a dragoon told me too thing! its good one of my fav storys.
Old 06-30-2008, 02:15 PM   #555
Midge
Faithful Gardener

400-500 what? WORDS per minute?
Psalm 56:11

"Starbuck, what do you hear?"
"Nothin' but the rain, sir!"
"Then grab your gun and bring in the cat."

Make sure to check out the C.S. Lewis forum. Game threads, movie and book discussions and more!

Old 06-30-2008, 02:20 PM   #556
Azrael
Elven Warrior

yeah

Do you trust me?

I can show you the world
-Aladdin-

Old 06-30-2008, 02:23 PM   #557
Midge
Faithful Gardener

Uhm... just so you know... when Blossomshade said "new elf" she was talking about Nixie. Aerin, of course, is out wandering the woods.
Psalm 56:11

"Starbuck, what do you hear?"
"Nothin' but the rain, sir!"
"Then grab your gun and bring in the cat."

Make sure to check out the C.S. Lewis forum. Game threads, movie and book discussions and more!

Old 06-30-2008, 03:05 PM   #558
Azrael
Elven Warrior

ooo sounds fun almost as fun as a hobbit getting 13 dwarfs to randomly show up at his door

Do you trust me?

I can show you the world
-Aladdin-

Old 06-30-2008, 04:19 PM   #559
Earniel

Sorry for keeping you all waiting. I hope my new post isn't too long and confusing. The text in italics are the phrases he reads aloud from the scrolls Haldis and Aerin found in Dol Guldur, the normal text is Radagast thinking out loud.

For those who are (like me) a little geographically challenged, let me include a map. The red dots are the route we will likely take.

That large open area at the right side of Greenwood, where the group will travel through is a area deforested by the Northmen. There's likely to be a village of them there, the group can refuel/resupply there, possibly take in a few new characters and since people seemed to like the possibility before: have a bar fight. You have my permission if you wish to have such a fight, just make sure you don't get killed or seriously injured.

After that the journey goes along-side Greenwood over open fields towards the Running river, we will follow that to where it joins the River Carnen. Possibly we can catch a ride at the wine-elves' boats, those deliver wines from Dorwinion to Thranduil. If you're itching for anther fight, you can have a pack of thieves attack you when you're with the Elves. I reckon Elven wine's something worth stealing.

I don't think you will get this far before I return, but do not proceed beyond this when you first reach the crosspoint with the Carnen river, if you please. That's where more plot comes into play and I wish to be there to guide it along.
Old 06-30-2008, 05:11 PM   #560
feawen
The Lady of Laughter

drunk elves and bar fights woo hoo!
Closed Thread