Closed Thread

Old 07-31-2005, 11:54 PM   #541
Khamûl
Slacker
Warrior Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rána Eressëa
AVP.

Alien VS. Predator, for those of you who are unaware of the abbreviation.

I can't get enough of this movie. Maybe it's just my affinity for action movies. Well, it's sci-fi and action, but you get the point.

I've been a fan of the Predators since my brother introduced me to them when I was a wee little child. They're just so intriguing and uber-coolness. It's great.
I'll admit -- it was a cool movie. I loved the part where the face-hugger jumped out of the guy's chest and one of the predators caught it out of mid-air and squished it with his hand.

Psalm 107:31
Old 08-01-2005, 01:32 AM   #542
Rána Eressëa
The Rogue Elf

Ah, you made me think of the scene where the baby alien popped out of one of the guy's chests, the Predator caught it, snapped its neck, and did this little head shake and "I'm tough" growl. So funny.

I like how they used a previous actor from the Alien movies to be Mr. Weyland. That was great. Especially the scene where he mimicks the little pen trick with his own hand.
Old 08-01-2005, 03:38 AM   #543
HOBBIT
Saviour of Entmoot Admiral

I have a friend who can do that (with knives).

"I'm up to here with cool, ok? I'm so amazingly cool you could keep a side of meat in me for a month. I am so hip I have difficulty seeing over my pelvis" - Zaphod Beeblebrox

Latest Blog Post: Just Quit Facebook? No One Cares!
Old 08-01-2005, 04:19 PM   #544
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

Just rented The Pacifier - groaningly bad!

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!
Old 08-01-2005, 04:41 PM   #545
Andúril
The Original Corruptor

Saw Flight of the Phoenix tonight. Utterly predictable.

I still think Dennis Quaid would make a good Indy...
Old 08-02-2005, 08:07 PM   #546
Rosie Gamgee
The Lovely Hobbit-Lass

Andy (I've gotten into the habit of calling you that.. *cringes*)- watch the old Flight of the Pheonix. Dispite starring Jimmy Stewart and *grinds teeth* John Attenborough, Peter Firth makes a zillion times better.... ooo, forgot his name. The Giovanni Ribisi character. The one in the original is better. But, to be honest, I didn't like either movie that much, and the new one officially stunk.

Just watched, for the first time, Death of a Salesman, w/ Dustin Hoffman and John Malkovitch (spl?). It's a filmed stage production of Arthur Miller's 'great' play. It was fantastic. More than fantastic; brilliant! I've always thought Hoffman to be a brilliant actor, but I never considered John Malcovitch (heck, I've got to get it right sometime) to be all that good until I saw this-- and hey, he was pretty good-looking 20 years ago, too.
How can I take this losing hand and somehow win?

Just give me One Good Year To get my feet back on the ground.
I've been chasing grace; Grace ain't so easily found
One bad hand can devil a man, chase him and carry him down.
I've got to get out of here, just give me One Good Year!
Old 08-05-2005, 10:36 AM   #547
Tree Dweller
Elven Warrior

Location: The bulls-eye for recent hurricanes, but I still love these white sands....nothing compares.
I got to see Charlie and the Chocolate Factory!

It was awesome, much better than I expected.
This version fills you in on Willy Wonka's childhood, which I assume is all info from the book. And all of the children in the movie were fantastic!

It is really worth the money to go and see in the theater.

-------------------------------------------
I always liked going South, somehow it feels like going downhill.
Treebeard

-------------------------------------------

~*~Diary of a Beach Bum~*~
Old 08-05-2005, 10:59 AM   #548
Andúril
The Original Corruptor

Shattered Glass. This film held my attention for the full duration. I can't say that about many other movies. A simple film, well acted (well, no stellar performances...) and excellently paced. Will watch again one day.

Oh, and Hidalgo. Stopped it halfway to watch Desperate Housewives reruns. Boring.
Old 08-06-2005, 05:18 PM   #549
cee2lee2
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tree Dweller
I got to see Charlie and the Chocolate Factory!

........This version fills you in on Willy Wonka's childhood, which I assume is all info from the book.......It is really worth the money to go and see in the theater.
Actually it's all new materiel; not in the book at all.
Old 08-06-2005, 05:27 PM   #550
cee2lee2
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by EarthBound
The had a bunch of "Thin Man" movies on the TCM channel (satilite) this weekend...never seen them before, but wow, excellent movies! After the Thin Man was soooo funny, and I think that's what is so awsome about these flicks the humor holds. I'd own the 'lot' of them if they're available...need to check 'Best Buy' next time I'm in Vermont. Great movies!

A few years back I borrowed them from our library which has a nice collection of classic movies. They were wonderfully funny.

Has anybody seen The March of the Penguins/The Emperor's March? (it's listed both ways at the theater here) I want to see it, but hubby only goes to movies when it's raining out and it's been nice weather here lately.
Old 08-06-2005, 06:04 PM   #551
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

You mean that new penguin movie out right now in the theatres? I read about it in the latimes a couple days ago; it looks right up my alley - anything real about animals is something I'd want to see. Have you seen that movie "Winged Migration"? Awesome, awesome film; I wanna buy it on DVD so I can watch it any time I'm feeling down. I absolutely love all animals, every single animal.

~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Old 08-06-2005, 07:01 PM   #552
cee2lee2
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotesse
You mean that new penguin movie out right now in the theatres? ...... Have you seen that movie "Winged Migration"? Awesome, awesome film......

Yep, that's the one I mean. I really want to see it, so I'm waiting for a rainy day to drag hubby to the theater.

I've read about "Winged Migration." I'd like to see it too.
Old 08-06-2005, 07:20 PM   #553
Nerdanel
Spammer of the Happy Thread

Kill Bill 1 , not really my kind of movie.

Monty Python - The Holy Grail, quite funny, I almost laughed my ass off ^^, but the end was a bit strange.. Even for me.
Old 08-06-2005, 07:29 PM   #554
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Awww, MAN, what's there not to like about Kill Bill!? Tarantino's one of my personal faves, so I guess I'm biased, but STILL....

Old 08-06-2005, 11:35 PM   #555
tolkienfan
Elf Lord

I love Oklahoma

Thanks so much to Last Child of Ungoliant, Twista, and BeardofPants for my avatar!
Old 08-06-2005, 11:50 PM   #556
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

... is that a movie? I thought it was a Broadway show. Huh.

Old 08-07-2005, 12:31 AM   #557
cee2lee2
Elf Lord

Quote:
... is that a movie? I thought it was a Broadway show. Huh.

Like many Broadway shows, it was adapted for film. Goes the other way round too - The Lion King was first an animated movie, later adapted for the theater.
Old 08-07-2005, 05:12 PM   #558
Nerdanel
Spammer of the Happy Thread

Quote:
Awww, MAN, what's there not to like about Kill Bill!? Tarantino's one of my personal faves, so I guess I'm biased, but STILL....
I always laughed my ass off when I saw the blood effects..
Old 08-08-2005, 06:48 AM   #559
Millane
The Dude

just recently broke out a few old favs...
in particular the young and dangerous movies (well im up to the 4th one) and god there cool, its been too long since i last watched them...
also Irreversible, just as ****ed as when i first watched it, but as with Y&D too long...
and well not really what if call an old favourite but Waterworld, a friend hired it because he had never seen it and because i kept doing that line out of Cable Guy (" "Dry land is not a myth, ive seen it" Kevin Costner, Waterworld. I dont know what the fuss was about, i saw that movie 6 times, it RULES!"), unlike above two a lifetime would be too soon to watch it again doubtless ill watch it again in the next couple of months...
and The Cable Guy, funniest movie ever, i could happily live my life speaking only Chip Douglas quotes and i would never stop laughing, so many brilliant scenes, and as much as Mathew Broderick annoys the **** out of me, Jim Carrey makes up for him 10 times over....
Old 08-08-2005, 04:10 PM   #560
Andúril
The Original Corruptor

Lost in Translation.

Wow. I had no idea what the film was about before I saw it. I had no idea it would affect me this much. This goes straight into my top three films. I'll order the DVD.
Closed Thread