Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 04-29-2008, 06:53 PM   #521
Gwaimir Windgem
Dread Mothy Lord and Halfwitted Apprentice Loremaster

Well...all right...

*hands back mace*

You live in a good sized city in Europe, right? Never been to the northwesterly bits, but where I was, they had excellent public trans. I would just not get a car if I lived in a European city.

'With a melon?'
- Eric Idle
Old 04-29-2008, 06:59 PM   #522
Mari
Elf Lady

I live in a fairly large city on my own, and with my parents in a small city of 46.000 inhabitants, at the edge of the biggest natural area of the Netherlands, which also contains the Dutch Bible Belt and many small villages.
But you can get everywhere with public transport in the Netherlands. However, without my student card, it would be cheaper to travel by car then by train.

...The Earth laughs in flowers ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson, "Hamatreya"...
Old 04-30-2008, 07:03 PM   #523
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Just saw Clannad in concert. Perrrfect.
Old 04-30-2008, 08:17 PM   #524
Gwaimir Windgem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mari View Post
I live in a fairly large city on my own, and with my parents in a small city of 46.000 inhabitants, at the edge of the biggest natural area of the Netherlands, which also contains the Dutch Bible Belt and many small villages.
But you can get everywhere with public transport in the Netherlands. However, without my student card, it would be cheaper to travel by car then by train.
And you have good pub trans in the cities themselves, too? That's one of the things I loved about Europe, such good transportation.

Gas is getting so expensive these days! In my area, it's nearly 4.00 dollars a gallon! Pub trans is really affordable in St. Petersburg; a trip on the metro to any station was a little over 50 cents when I was there this last Christmas, and that was quite a bit; when I lived there a couple of years ago, it was 8 roubles (a little over 25 cents) until shortly before I moved, when it went up to 10 roubles. Public trans there is simply grand.

'With a melon?'
- Eric Idle
Old 04-30-2008, 08:35 PM   #525
Gwaimir Windgem

I registered my sexy car today. Now, I just need to get it registered with my college, and change the oil. Huzzah!

'With a melon?'
- Eric Idle
Old 04-30-2008, 10:30 PM   #526
sisterandcousinandaunt
Elf Lord

I've read about 4 of these posts thinking Gwai was talking about transportation to and from public houses. Like here, there's an "art loop".

*should be looking for pillow*

Cool. I want one.

TMNT

No, I'm not emo. I just have a really poor sense of direction. (Thanks to katya for this quote)

This is the best news story EVER!
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26087293/

“Often my haste is a mistake, but I live with the consequences without complaint.”...John McCain

"I shall go back. And I shall find that therapist. And I shall whack her upside her head with my blanket full of rocks." ...Louisa May
Old 05-01-2008, 08:19 AM   #527
Mari
Elf Lady

*dashes in*
Woohoo! I'm off with my parents to their friends who just had a baby. I get to play with a baby. Yay!
One of my cousins who live nearby should have a baby soon. I could babysit then. Maybe if I bug them enough about it, they'll get off of my back when they realize how annoying it is.

*dashes out*

Old 05-01-2008, 09:06 AM   #528
Nautipus
Kraken King

Okay, well, I just got back from my Bio final (comprehensive for 1 and 2) and it wasnt nearly as bad as I thought it would be. This oughta keep it at a steady A.

"You ever try to flick a fly?
"No."
"It's a waste of time."

"Can you see it?"
"No."
"It's right there!"
"Where?
"There!"
"What is it?"
"A crab."
"A crab? I dont see any crab."
"How?! It's right there!!"
"Where?"
"There!!!!"
"Oh."

-Excerpts from A Tale of Two Morons
Old 05-01-2008, 11:47 AM   #529
katya
Elven Maiden

I have a job interview on Saturday at the Days Inn! I've never been good at looking for jobs, so it's rare I ever get this far. I'm excited. Even if I don't get a job there I'm still glad to have the opportunity to interview. I definitely need practice.
Old 05-01-2008, 01:21 PM   #530
Mari
Elf Lady

Oh congrats! What kind of job is it? Waitressing?

Nauti, straight A? *sigh* I never can decide whether I should admire straight A students or be thoroughly annoyed by them

Old 05-01-2008, 03:42 PM   #531
katya
Elven Maiden

Oh, no, it's a motel. I'm still keeping options open too- I'd like to get a waitressing job if I can. That's a good way to make a lot of money quick. We'll see what happens I guess.
Old 05-01-2008, 06:53 PM   #532
sisterandcousinandaunt
Elf Lord

It's May Day!

Dance, my friends.

Cool. I want one.

TMNT

No, I'm not emo. I just have a really poor sense of direction. (Thanks to katya for this quote)

“Often my haste is a mistake, but I live with the consequences without complaint.”...John McCain

"I shall go back. And I shall find that therapist. And I shall whack her upside her head with my blanket full of rocks." ...Louisa May
Old 05-02-2008, 12:34 AM   #533
Tessar
Master and Wielder of the
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eärniel View Post
Just saw Clannad in concert. Perrrfect.

O.o how!?!?!?!?! Haven't they been... like... not a band for ten years or something?

Oh man, I friggin' love Clannad. They are THE BOMB. ^_^
Old 05-02-2008, 07:07 AM   #534
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Yes, a first new concert tour in like ten years. We missed them ten years ago, but not this time. They're still as good, obviously older, but the music hasn't suffered a minute in my opinion. They even held a signing session.
Old 05-02-2008, 07:53 AM   #535
Mari
Elf Lady

Oh? And did you get one? (the smiley suggests you did, but just to be sure )

*whacks the Rule*

Old 05-02-2008, 05:05 PM   #536
Gwaimir Windgem

My last class of junior year is in 30 minutes. Yes! I should probably start worrying about finals, soon...

'With a melon?'
- Eric Idle
Old 05-02-2008, 05:22 PM   #537
sisterandcousinandaunt
Elf Lord

Congrats to all the students, at the end of semester.

I'm thrilled it's over, myself.

Cool. I want one.

TMNT

Old 05-02-2008, 07:09 PM   #538
Mari
Elf Lady

*sigh* This afternoon a lady called for my mother, could she perhaps take over the creche in Church this Sunday? No, my mother had to take over church-council duty, but I was willing and able to take over.
Well, that would be a bit difficult because there was no one to supervise.
This response surprised my mother, because normally there are 2 babysitters on duty, one usually under 14 and one leader, often a parent or at least an older person who has experience with children ranging from 0 to 4.
So my mother asked why I would need someone to supervise, while I have been babysitting children from 1 to 14 for years, am 21 myself and while nowadays we don't have more kids to babysit in creche then 1, 2 if you're lucky.
The lady answered that parents wouldn't feel comfortable and what would I do if the child was choking?
Of course the lady has a point, but when she's obviously in need for someone to babysit that one 2 year old girl that visits the creche on a regular basis, my mother didn't see the problem. And I also believe that I am capable of babysitting a 2 year old for an hour.
My mother didn't quite like the insinuation of the lady that I wouldn't be responsible enough to be without supervision (well, that and the fact that after so many years she still doesn't know our names and some other things. That lady isn't very well liked here), so after some talk the lady gave up and now I get to babysit this Sunday! Yay!

Old 05-02-2008, 10:26 PM   #539
Ingwe
Elven Warrior

People just don't trust people much anymore, and I admit, it's hard to, but when someone in your case is babysitting someone and they're desperate to get someone to babysit, then it's the risk everyone takes when selecting a babysitter, but everyone's gotta have a little more trust, as long as it's for people who don't again and again challenge that trust. I'm sorry to hear that you had to deal with someone so unreasonable like that because I know how it feels, more now than ever.

I wish I could post in the Happy Thread one day and have it be a truly happy day, but this day has been worse than probably any other day so far this year. My fiance was ill earlier this evening after we came back from a long day's trip. She's doing better now, so that problem has been put aside (thank Eru). I've found that I owe 3,000 dollars in debt and that I have to pay 250 dollars and right now, honestly I don't have the money when considering I'm paying for a bunch of other stuff. Some people I talk to on MSN have gathered a gang that has pretty much blocked me for what I see to be no reason, and honestly I'm glad I'll not talk to them again. I've had it with this certain group of people who are so bloody easily offended by everything anyone says.

A site that I have been a webmaster of for the last couple of years is going to go offline in a month, to give members there time to get any of the 'crap' they want off of it so the bloody thing can be closed and done with, all debts squared.

So there's some happy news to this (to me it's happy news anyway). In the minimum of free time I get, I'll be around here more often. This site and the other one I admin are the only two sites I regularly visit and so in a month, this site will be the only one. I'm a Mooter for life! I think that's worth a good celebration.
Old 05-02-2008, 10:47 PM   #540
sisterandcousinandaunt
Elf Lord

Well, it's certainly something we can celebrate.

I'll leave you a pot of tea in the Teacup. Cozy shaped like a giant strawberry.

Cool. I want one.

TMNT

Closed Thread