Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 12-19-2005, 02:37 AM   #521
Tessar
Master and Wielder of the
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

Well now I feel like a dork . For all my mentally nick-naming her little Miss. PMS, I didn't even think that she might actually be in the middle of that right now. A quick trip to the bathroom and a glance in the trash-can doubly marked me a dork .

Mystery solved. No kidding, Shirlock .
Old 12-19-2005, 02:46 AM   #522
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

Hahah, oh the humanity....well, now you know what your dealing with so good luck on that front!
And though they are with you yet they belong not to you.
You may give them your love but not your thoughts,
For they have their own thoughts.
You may house their bodies but not their souls,
For their souls dwell in the house of tomorrow,
which you cannot visit, not even in your dreams.
Old 12-19-2005, 08:06 PM   #523
trolls' bane
Entmoot Secretary of the Treasury

...And stupid TV commercials such as those abominations of JC Penny and Sears.
Old 12-19-2005, 08:38 PM   #524
trolls' bane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Golden Hair
The Vbulletin software uses a censor filter which catches certian words and replaces them with ****. When a member posts, say, the "f" word, the censor will not let it through. When members type the "f" in, it appears which then there is no doubt what that word is. This is altering the censor and is against the rules. Entmoot is pretty lenient with censoring, however words that are totally censored out are not permitted, and finding ways around the filter is a violation. That's the difference.
Well, that was confusing (no offense ). I still don't understand. One still knows what the word is if one of the letters is left, and even if one of the letters isn't, then it's still a curse word no matter how you mask it! Confusing!
Old 12-19-2005, 10:28 PM   #525
Sister Golden Hair
Queen of Nargothrond
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by trolls' bane
Well, that was confusing (no offense ). I still don't understand. One still knows what the word is if one of the letters is left, and even if one of the letters isn't, then it's still a curse word no matter how you mask it! Confusing!
Well then, the only solution is for no one to curse.

"North away." he said: "to the swords, and the siege, and the walls of defence - that yet for a while in Beleriand rivers may run clean, leaves spring, and birds build their nests, ere Night comes."

AboutNewJersey.com - New Jersey
Travel and Tourism Guide
Old 12-19-2005, 10:49 PM   #526
Bombadillo
"The Bomb"

Hehehe... I think I want to shange my title to four asterisks.

Bombadillo

You know what's got me angry lately? The actor Ed Norton. Why is he waiting so long to change his name? Does he think it's a flashy stage name or something: Edward Norton. It sounds like a congested turtle. And it's been taken for years by Art Carney's character on the Honeymooners, and he made it, epitimized it, and it should be forever associated with him. It's impossible for me to follow a conversation about movies now because everyone I know always somehow brings it around to their mancrush, Ed Norton the actor, who looks like a dork by the way and therefore shouldn't even be in Hollywood movies in the first place. I want to write him a letter or something telling him.
Old 12-20-2005, 01:01 AM   #527
trolls' bane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bombadillo
Hehehe... I think I want to shange my title to four asterisks.

Bombadillo

You know what's got me angry lately? The actor Ed Norton. Why is he waiting so long to change his name? Does he think it's a flashy stage name or something: Edward Norton. It sounds like a congested turtle. And it's been taken for years by Art Carney's character on the Honeymooners, and he made it, epitimized it, and it should be forever associated with him. It's impossible for me to follow a conversation about movies now because everyone I know always somehow brings it around to their mancrush, Ed Norton the actor, who looks like a dork by the way and therefore shouldn't even be in Hollywood movies in the first place. I want to write him a letter or something telling him.
Sure... *Han Solo lopsided grin*
Old 12-20-2005, 04:50 AM   #528
Spock
An enigma in a conundrum

Quote:
Originally Posted by hectorberlioz
You ARE a genius

I expect this thread will be moved to the Venting thread...I sorta forgot that existed

And, right you are.
Old 12-20-2005, 06:33 PM   #529
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

ah, so many thoughts to think, and so many things to do ... and not enough free time ...

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!
Old 12-21-2005, 02:54 AM   #530
Jonathan
Entmoot Attorney-General,
Equilibrating the Scales of Justice, Administrator

My neighbour has looked in my laundry in the laundry room . My laundry! And I desperately need new socks...
An unwritten post is a delightful universe of infinite possibilities. Set down one word, however, and it immediately becomes earthbound. Set down one sentence and it’s halfway to being just like every other bloody entry that’s ever been written.
Old 12-21-2005, 03:03 AM   #531
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

What were they looking for? How'd you know they were rummaging around in your laundry? Maybe they were gonna steal it, then decided not to since your socks weren't up to snuff...

~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Old 12-21-2005, 03:38 AM   #532
trolls' bane

Vent: Why? Why? Why can't this stupid planet be withing the galactic halo? We've got such an unfairly plain view of our Milky Way Galaxy, a stupid band of light. Think of the view from the galactic halo! From one of the Magellanic clouds! From a supercluster, and it would never completely be night, because on one side, we'd have hundreds of nearby stars, and on the other, the brightness of the Milky Way. Pity I'll never see our galaxy to it's full extent, at most the nearest stars.
Old 12-21-2005, 03:48 AM   #533
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Hey, you don't know that for sure, trolls' bane; for all we know, after we die our spirits might get to check out ALL the different angles and areas of our galaxy! I honestly really used to believe this, and like I said, for all we know, we WILL get to explore & witness all the up-close-and-personal beauty of the galaxy. Cheer up! It just may happen for all of us someday...

Old 12-21-2005, 06:14 AM   #534
Linaewen
Fair Dinkum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan
My neighbour has looked in my laundry in the laundry room . My laundry! And I desperately need new socks...
Your neighbours are a bit strange and rude. I mean the others in the building as well.
Old 12-21-2005, 12:35 PM   #535
Lief Erikson
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNN News
But Senate Democratic Leader Harry Reid of Nevada countered that the GOP was advancing "an ideologically driven, extreme, radical budget. It caters to lobbyists and an elite group of ultraconservative ideologues here in Washington, all at the expense of middle class Americans," he said.
Stinker. By a narrow margin, he lost the vote against the GOP in the Senate. Now, rather than losing well, rather than saying "we all have different views," or some such, rather than explaining why (in his view) the costs of Washington's policy outweigh the benefits, he chooses to spend his camera time tarring Washington, Christians and conservatives all in one broad brush stroke that spells the word "Idiots". I agree with RÃ*an; this kind of attitude on the part of some liberals and Democrats is annoying. To some of them, the word, "religious," is the equivalent of "nutcase," though only when it's referring to conservative religious folks. I've never seen religious liberals tarred and feathered in that way, though they act according to their consciences just as much as conservatives do.

Alas. I was encouraging people to support Harry Reid in speech I recently gave about the Iraq war, at college, because he is one of the most important Democrats who is in favor of sticking the war out. I was favorably impressed by him. I have now been sadly disillusioned .
If the world has indeed, as I have said, been built of sorrow, it has been built by the hands of love, because in no other way could the soul of man, for whom the world was made, reach the full stature of its perfection.

~Oscar Wilde, written from prison

Oscar Wilde's last words: "Either the wallpaper goes, or I do."

Last edited by Lief Erikson : 12-21-2005 at 02:50 PM. Reason: Miswrote something minor.
Old 12-21-2005, 01:07 PM   #536
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

You have such highbrow vents, Lief! No complainer about lost socks are you!

Old 12-21-2005, 01:53 PM   #537
Lief Erikson
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotesse
You have such highbrow vents, Lief! No complainer about lost socks are you!
Actually, because there's a sickness wandering around my family at present, bothering us all, the laundry progress has slowed down, and I'm forced to almost daily steal socks from my younger brother.
If the world has indeed, as I have said, been built of sorrow, it has been built by the hands of love, because in no other way could the soul of man, for whom the world was made, reach the full stature of its perfection.

~Oscar Wilde, written from prison

Oscar Wilde's last words: "Either the wallpaper goes, or I do."

Last edited by Lief Erikson : 12-21-2005 at 01:58 PM.
Old 12-21-2005, 02:37 PM   #538
trolls' bane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotesse
Hey, you don't know that for sure, trolls' bane; for all we know, after we die our spirits might get to check out ALL the different angles and areas of our galaxy! I honestly really used to believe this, and like I said, for all we know, we WILL get to explore & witness all the up-close-and-personal beauty of the galaxy. Cheer up! It just may happen for all of us someday...
Hey! EVERY galaxy!
Old 12-21-2005, 02:46 PM   #539
EarthBound
Lady Tipple & Queen of Blessed Thistle

There are most definately some folks on here that wish for the same sorta stuff....My name EarthBound comes from Pink Floyd's song 'Fly' in which a line goes..."Earth bound missfit"....That's ME!!!

Happy to be here

The HACBR has been alerted to my postings…..Hobbits Against Constant Beer References

Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. --Ben Franklin

I want my Mooter T-Shirt!
Old 12-21-2005, 02:55 PM   #540
trolls' bane

Quote:
Originally Posted by EarthBound
There are most definately some folks on here that wish for the same sorta stuff....My name EarthBound comes from Pink Floyd's song 'Fly' in which a line goes..."Earth bound missfit"....That's ME!!!
Um...No kidding?
Closed Thread