Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 10-07-2005, 12:19 PM   #521
Spock
An enigma in a conundrum

Very nice, with 5mpx you should get some fab pix. I've been looking at 4mpx but haven't saved the money yet so still use my SLR, which takes great shots too.
Old 10-07-2005, 12:29 PM   #522
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey_Wolf
A real happy went. Yesterday I went to Malmö (the third largest town in Sweden which lies in southwesternmost part of Scania) for a visit to the hand rehab floor and the physiopherapist said that I didn't need to have my fingers bandaged anymore because the have healed fairly well. Now it's only the palm that needs to heal and on the 13th of October I will go down there again for another visit to the physiopherapist and then the doctor who performed the surgery. And then I hope that my hand have healed so much that I can go back to work.
This is WONDERful news 4 you, Grey Wolf! It really IS healing quickly, isn't it? Yes, that pretty happy-smiley I put here for everyone; it was ages ago. I think I was gently trying to make a point, or something. For some weird reason, and there's no logical explanation for this but for some reason the red, angry "frownies" here we have on entmoot just look so SERiously aggressive, like whenever I see those red frownies I immediately think "Fight! Fight! Fight!" Not good. So anti-peace. Yeah, I really really REALLY have 2 much time on my hands but STILL, those red frownies make me agro. I don't like them, I rarely EVER use them unless I'm truly deeply angry about something.

~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Old 10-07-2005, 01:12 PM   #523
Lief Erikson
Elf Lord

I use them sometimes when lightsaber dueling with Curub and others, for example. I just get so truly, deeply into the fight that I want to tear him limb from limb! (j/k )
If the world has indeed, as I have said, been built of sorrow, it has been built by the hands of love, because in no other way could the soul of man, for whom the world was made, reach the full stature of its perfection.

~Oscar Wilde, written from prison

Oscar Wilde's last words: "Either the wallpaper goes, or I do."
Old 10-08-2005, 12:54 PM   #524
trolls' bane
Entmoot Secretary of the Treasury

*nods at what L.E. said.*
I know, I know exactly what you mean!
*10,000 Lief Eriksons nod as well*

Telcontar Dunedain!!!! Really LTNS, at least on Entmoot. Congratulations! You are the proud owner of a camera 2 megapixels better than the best camera I ever used. Happy photographing! (If it has shutter-speed adjustment, I can give you some tips for some real artistic shots! Those only come on the 1000 USD digital SLRs, and their 900 USD apiece lenses .)
Old 10-08-2005, 03:00 PM   #525
Nerdanel
Spammer of the Happy Thread

Been sitting in the candle light, with a glass of white wine, looking through old photo albums.. Memories. Sentimentality. Feelings..

- C. Sagan

My (photography) website
My Flickr page
Old 10-08-2005, 03:04 PM   #526
trolls' bane

I've been controlling Mars's sea level. It looks so cool when you flood the planet to the point that the Tharsis volcanoes disappear under the water. I also found (from the same site) a terraforming calculator. Way cool!
Old 10-08-2005, 03:48 PM   #527
Nerdanel

Quote:
Originally Posted by trolls' bane
I've been controlling Mars's sea level. It looks so cool when you flood the planet to the point that the Tharsis volcanoes disappear under the water. I also found (from the same site) a terraforming calculator. Way cool!
how have you done that? sounds really interesting..

- C. Sagan

My (photography) website
My Flickr page
Old 10-08-2005, 11:58 PM   #528
trolls' bane

Downloaded a program from the terraformin information pages. It looks so cool, but it gets boring after a while, and there are several design flaws I don't like.
Old 10-11-2005, 04:35 PM   #529
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

Our new kitchen tile turned out really nice

(our dishwasher flooded and ruined the old floor, and luckily our insurance covered it!)

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!
Old 10-11-2005, 06:39 PM   #530
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

I'm happy to have found Entmoot and my Entmoot friends, and to have posted 9900 posts now

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!
Old 10-11-2005, 06:41 PM   #531
Nerdanel

Congrats for the kitchen, the posts and the friends, R*an!

I'm happy, because I have a home, friends and because I can study what I like.. Those are true privileges.

- C. Sagan

My (photography) website
My Flickr page
Old 10-11-2005, 09:40 PM   #532
Curubethion
Fenway Ranger, Lord of Red Sox Nation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lief Erikson
I use them sometimes when lightsaber dueling with Curub and others, for example. I just get so truly, deeply into the fight that I want to tear him limb from limb! (j/k )
We're on truce, right?
My wife once said to me—when I'd been writing for ten or fifteen years—that I could always go back to being a nuclear engineer. And I said to her, 'Harriet, would you let someone who quit his job to go write fantasy anywhere near your nuclear reactor? I wouldn't!' (Robert Jordan)
Old 10-11-2005, 09:48 PM   #533
trolls' bane

Of course you are! We just need to release our anger by mercilessly slaugtering other people with lightsabers.
Old 10-11-2005, 10:50 PM   #534
rohirrim TR
Friendly Neigborhood Sith Lord

so who wants to duel to night? just kidding,
...Inspiration is a highly localized phenomenon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gaffer
It seems that as soon as "art" gets money and power (real or imagined), it becomes degenerate, derivative and worthless. A bit like religion.
Old 10-11-2005, 11:12 PM   #535
Curubethion
Fenway Ranger, Lord of Red Sox Nation

Hey, let's bulldoze the new Teacup Cafe with our lightsabers!
My wife once said to me—when I'd been writing for ten or fifteen years—that I could always go back to being a nuclear engineer. And I said to her, 'Harriet, would you let someone who quit his job to go write fantasy anywhere near your nuclear reactor? I wouldn't!' (Robert Jordan)
Old 10-12-2005, 12:07 AM   #536
trolls' bane

No, NOT good! NOT GOOD! Bad, not good idea. BAD! That means DEATH! Remember who is guardian of that Cafe these days...
Old 10-12-2005, 05:28 PM   #537
Willow Oran
Deus Ex Machina

Happy day! Mama is coming for a visit tomorrow... will finally be someone around who I can hug without reserve, if only for a couple days.

College does wonders for a mother/daughter relationship.
Tough Guide To FantasyLand

...it's not much of a show if somebody doesn't suffer, and preferably at length. Suffering is beautiful in any case, and so is anguish; but as for loathing, and bitterness... I don't think they belong on the stage at all.

- Isabella, I Gelosi
Old 10-12-2005, 05:58 PM   #538
Nerdanel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willow Oran
Happy day! Mama is coming for a visit tomorrow... will finally be someone around who I can hug without reserve, if only for a couple days.

College does wonders for a mother/daughter relationship.
i'm glad you feel so.. for me it hasn't been very good, but probably better than if i would've stayed at home ( ).

hug her as much as you can!^^

- C. Sagan

My (photography) website
My Flickr page
Old 10-12-2005, 10:58 PM   #539
trolls' bane

Happy: I did not have to swim in PE today. Good! F*** that cold pool. WTF is up with these PE teachers bossing us around, when all they do is just sit around or stand around and watch us swim and bark out orders!
Old 10-14-2005, 01:28 AM   #540
Tessar
Master and Wielder of the
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

I had a really depressive kind of a mood come over me this evening, and I ended up talking it out with my parents and finally realized I've been expecting way too much of myself.

I always try to do the same things that really, really smart people several years (or lots of years ) older than I am are doing... and of course I always fail. My parents finally just had to bluntly point out that of course I'm failing--it's not that I'm dumb, I'm just expecting the same results that an adult would get from my seventeen year old self. Kind of a slap to the ego . I might be more mature than some kids my age, but I'm not an adult yet.

Plus the choir master was willing to spend 15 minutes with me after choir figuring out what I've been doing wrong to pull and strain so much on the high notes. That really made me feel pretty good since my starting question was so vague that he could've easily blown me off--I think he actually started to and then changed his mind after he had started.

Best of all?

THE PRESSURE IS OFF!

My parents don't have half the expectations for me that I was freaking out and assuming they had. I have bad study habits because I was never forced to learn how to study properly... so of course I'm struggling to keep up with even just 12 hours worth of collage. I hadn't realized that before I was getting by because I'm smart and could BS my way through stuff and off of half-memorization. Oops... guess that doesn't work any more ops:.

SO we're now looking at dropping down to two classes next semester (instead of four) so I can work on my studying skills and just to give me some more time to mature, BUT also getting me piano lessons and -good- voice lessons. I want to go into some field of music, and I need professional lessons to get to that level. It's looking like I -might- get that. I want to do music marketing, or be a music teacher... So naturally either way I need to know music inside and out.

My bad evening turned out great after all . The pressure is off--I'm still going to be struggling, but I don't feel like I have to do super well “or else” any more. I guess I never realized as much before... when my parents said I was mature and smart, it wasn't because they were hoping I would live up to the praise... it was because they actually thought I was.

I feel about a million times better now .

Maybe I can start actually posting on entmoot again .
Closed Thread