Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 03-27-2008, 10:42 PM   #521
The Sasquatch of Fangorn
The Co-president of Entmoot - The Half-Dwarven Guardian of the Ancient Forest

"NOW!!!! NAPE IT!!!" Sas screamed. With that, fredrico hefted a small bomb from his pack and set it outside the entrence way "Fire!!!!" Issac hurled a fireball at the bomb blowing the orcs at the mouth of the cavern away. "We're clear for now." said Sas as he caught up to the group. "But we have got to hurry. More are on the way!"

"she turned me into a newt!!........but I got better."-Monty Python and the holy grail.

Thanks for breaking up the group Yoko!"- The reduced Shakespeare company.

Fly Eagles fly, on the road to victory.
Fight Eagles fight, score a touchdown 1-2-3.

Hit 'em low,
Hit 'em high,
And we'll watch our Eagles fly.

Fly Eagles fly on the road to victory.
The Sasquatch of Fangorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 10:44 PM   #522
Nautipus
Kraken King

"Sas, can Fredrico and Isaac fit through the passageway?"

"You ever try to flick a fly?
"No."
"It's a waste of time."

"Can you see it?"
"No."
"It's right there!"
"Where?
"There!"
"What is it?"
"A crab."
"A crab? I dont see any crab."
"How?! It's right there!!"
"Where?"
"There!!!!"
"Oh."

-Excerpts from A Tale of Two Morons
Nautipus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 10:49 PM   #523
The Sasquatch of Fangorn

"Well Issac is small for a dragon. And I think if the horses can fit through so can Fredrico." Sas said, walking briskly "I can't leave these guys behind. They're practicly my brothers!" he said. Fredrico came to the passage at first, he was struggeling, but after he heard the orcs coming closely he fit through perfectly. "See?" he said patting both Fredrico and Issac.

"she turned me into a newt!!........but I got better."-Monty Python and the holy grail.

Hit 'em low,
Hit 'em high,

Old 03-27-2008, 10:51 PM   #524
Nautipus
Kraken King

"Allright, you go ahead, then if you dont mind, and I'll follow along with Isaac to cover our rear."

"No."
"It's a waste of time."

"Can you see it?"
"No."
"It's right there!"
"Where?
"There!"
"What is it?"
"A crab."
"Where?"
"There!!!!"
"Oh."

Old 03-27-2008, 10:53 PM   #525
The Sasquatch of Fangorn

"Sounds like a plan!"

Hit 'em low,
Hit 'em high,

Old 03-27-2008, 11:41 PM   #526
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

Indeed, the fighters were fighting gamely and Sane and her Bandits, having circled around to the rear of the attacking orcs formed a line of attack. And attack the Bandits did, crying Havoc', and letting slip the hounds of war, that this foul deed shall smell above the earth with carrion orcs, groaning for burial! Onwards the Merry Band plowed forwards, with grim cries of death to their foemen, soon the air was thick with the cries of the Band, rushing forward, cleaving through foe and warg alike, and dashing forward in their wild desire for battle, to give aid to their entrenched brethren at the mouth of the cave.

They too fought masterfully, though outnumbered, seeking with their might to buy yet more precious time for their non-fighting friends to find safe passage through the cave. Dour handed Nautipus, of the Serrated Sword strove manfully against the ever rising tide of orcs, sore hurt though he was by some unclean orcish dart. So too did Sasquatch of Fangorn fight well, his brazen cries of death ringing over the din of battle, as his compatriot beasts let loose their roars of defiance. In hearing their companions’ bold cries, the Merry Riders rode forth, cleaving through enemies like a light in the darkness, joyous were their war cries that heralded death for their enemies.

The air grew thick with arrows and the death cries of foe, beast, horse and man alike! As the Riders advanced, their path was marked with the ruination of their enemies, whenever an axe, sword or spear was leveled; a foe fell and rose no more! Right boldly did the Riders strike at their enemy, with Sane at the forfront of their mad charge, with her dear band of brothers in arms behind her and her allies of the woodland realm above her in the trees; stout hearted Rindir and his kin, raining their wrath from above.

With a great cry, Sane urged her eager mount forward, her axe dispatching orcs at every swing, and when the reach of her axe failed, her strong bow and needle pointed arrows returned the favor. So caught unawares were the orcs, that despite their much greater numbers, they were quickly learning their folly. In between the Hammer of the Bandits, and the Anvil of the Defenders of the Cave, the tides of orcs were thinned and their great ranks smote to ruin! The Defenders of the Cave and the Bandits alike rejoiced in the breaking of their foes, as they watched the craven ranks of their enemy flee by whatever route they could.

Victory for the Adventurers was bought that day, though at a heavy price. Picking through the slaughter and route, the victors of the day were no less bloodied than the beasts they had fought, and their numbers, too, were less than at the start of the day. Upon the grisly field of battle, never again would rise the mighty handed Horace of the Bandits nor the grim faced Alan, also of the Bandits. Neither would the merry face of Mondago, light hearted lieutenant of the Merry Band be seen again patrolling the Edge of the Teacup wood, save only perhaps, in memory. So too was the devastation great when naught was found of Sane in the battle; save her faithful mount Bahar, who was drawing her last breaths on the ground, felled by uncouth orcish bolts. But no sign of her rider, either in life or in death, though the latter was assumed.

So it was that the day was won, though only by a hair’s breath and at great cost, for those remaining Teacuppers.
And though they are with you yet they belong not to you.
You may give them your love but not your thoughts,
For they have their own thoughts.
You may house their bodies but not their souls,
For their souls dwell in the house of tomorrow,
which you cannot visit, not even in your dreams.

Last edited by The last sane person : 03-27-2008 at 11:43 PM.
The last sane person is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 12:02 AM   #527
Nautipus
Kraken King

Nautipus slogged through the debris of battle, one hand held to his left shoulder unconciously. He saw several familiar faces and did his best to clean them free of Orcish bodies.He walked through the pink mist that floated like a dread veil over the scene, hiding gruesome terrors in its ruby vaults.

Suddenly he stopped. There was a horse at his feet, dying, by her looks. Brave, stalwart Bahar lie, motienless at his feet. Her plucky and indomitable spirit as yet burned fiercly in her chest, even as her breath left her. Nautipus kneeled beside the horse, whose eyes never left his, and placed his hand on the feverish and pounding flank, a she gave up her ghost. Nautipus reached up and removed the bit from her mouth, as well as the headstall from her head. He sighed heavily and looked around.

He strove to find Sane amid the nearby bodies, but pain and a creeping exhaustion fastened him to the earth. Realizing the one thing that would seperate Sane from her mount, Nautipus was overwellmed by a greif powerful, sharp, and whetted. He lay back against the body of her courageous horse, and closed his eyes, just for a moment.

"No."
"It's a waste of time."

"Can you see it?"
"No."
"It's right there!"
"Where?
"There!"
"What is it?"
"A crab."
"Where?"
"There!!!!"
"Oh."

Old 03-28-2008, 05:40 AM   #528
Mari
Elf Lady

Mari had watched the battle from the sidelines. She could not contribute much to the flow of things during the battle, but now there were things that she could do. She had lost sight of Aeran whom she had sent off to help attack the rear, but Bunicula was still beside her.

"Bunicula, help me find those who need our aid." Mari whispered to Bunicula while she stared at the field that was now covered in bodies and the remnants of battle whereas it had been so lovely a meadow before.

She found someone who was still alive and looked to see if she could be of any assistance or relief. From the corner of her eye she saw Nautipus sitting down, looking terrible, but her immediate focus was on her patient. It was an orc, but should it matter now after all this deathdealing?
Slowly she made a round. There weren't many left who were still within her abilities to help.
Mari went up to Nautipus, laid a hand on his shoulder and saw him cringe a bit. "You need medical assistance. We can mourn later, but now we have to look after the survivors. Will you please help me find Aeran after I take a look at your injuries?"

...The Earth laughs in flowers ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson, "Hamatreya"...
Mari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 08:40 AM   #529
Nautipus
Kraken King

Nautipus sat up gamely. "I'll be alright for now, go help the Banditos. I'm gonna go check on sis." Nautipus rose slowly and heavily and walked towards the cave entrance, taking note of Sas and Nicro as he did so. He walked towars the back of the cave, where the air was remarkably fresh, and followed a descending path. He was watching the ground, looking at the marks the horses had made in the stone.

"No."
"It's a waste of time."

"Can you see it?"
"No."
"It's right there!"
"Where?
"There!"
"What is it?"
"A crab."
"Where?"
"There!!!!"
"Oh."

Old 03-28-2008, 11:25 AM   #530
The Sasquatch of Fangorn

Issac and Fredrico flew down next to Mari with Sas on Issac's back. Sas jumped off and looked at the battlefield. "That........was.....annoying!" Sas moaned "Is everyone okay?"

Hit 'em low,
Hit 'em high,

Old 03-28-2008, 11:36 AM   #531
sisterandcousinandaunt
Elf Lord

Below ground, Sis and the others had long since passed out of range of hearing the battle above. The crack had continued without openings on either side, and steadily downward. There was still barely room for single file, some of the packs had been piled atop the horses. Sis prayed fervently for those left behind, and all their little troop. Turning to defend in this passageway was possible, but would not be pretty.

Nestor suddenly slowed, the sound of his hooves indicating a change in the surface. Sand, possibly, or clay. She signaled the others to halt and carefully lowered her torch. She couldn't believe what she saw.

Cool. I want one.

TMNT

No, I'm not emo. I just have a really poor sense of direction. (Thanks to katya for this quote)

This is the best news story EVER!
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26087293/

“Often my haste is a mistake, but I live with the consequences without complaint.”...John McCain

"I shall go back. And I shall find that therapist. And I shall whack her upside her head with my blanket full of rocks." ...Louisa May
sisterandcousinandaunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 12:25 PM   #532
The Sasquatch of Fangorn

"Did we win?" asked Sas as he pulled off his helmet "I can't see any more but....."

Hit 'em low,
Hit 'em high,

Old 03-28-2008, 12:34 PM   #533
Nautipus
Kraken King

Nautipus stumbled on down the path, but only after lighting a torch to see. It was black as the grave in here. He followed the crack in halting footsteps, taking ragged breaths. Every so often he would stop for a moment to catch his breath, and yell Sis's name. His only answer so far had been his echo. He wondered, silent and alon, if something may have happened to them. He continued on, the only sign of his passing a small stain on the wall, where he had placed his blood-pasted hand to rest.

"No."
"It's a waste of time."

"Can you see it?"
"No."
"It's right there!"
"Where?
"There!"
"What is it?"
"A crab."
"Where?"
"There!!!!"
"Oh."

Old 03-28-2008, 12:38 PM   #534
The Sasquatch of Fangorn

Sas pressed another button on the X09528 and it turned into a spear. "We should be ready if the strike again."

Hit 'em low,
Hit 'em high,

Old 03-28-2008, 01:23 PM   #535
Mari
Elf Lady

Mari looked at Sas with a tired expression on her face. "Sas, calm down. This place is not ruled by the living anymore. Please help me find look for Aeran for I haven't found him yet."
Mari turned away from Sas and walked over to a surviving Merry Bandito who's wounds she had dressed earlier.
"Please gather your men. You have fought valiantly and suffered great losses. We wouldn't be here if it wasn't for you all. I did all I could for the wounded, but what most of them need is rest and a healthy and clean place to recover. It would be an insult to thank you for what you did, so all I will say is that if you ever need us, we are in your debt."
As the man in front of her nodded, Mari started her search for Aeran in earnest. She would not leave this place before she had found him. Then she would see to his needs and then... then she could finally break down.

Old 03-28-2008, 01:28 PM   #536
The Sasquatch of Fangorn

"Where did you see him last?" asked Sas as he stepped over a dead orc. "Fredrico and Issac will go into the skies and look for him. I won't rest 'till I find him. I promise."

Hit 'em low,
Hit 'em high,

Old 03-28-2008, 01:34 PM   #537
Mari
Elf Lady

"I don't know, he could be anywhere. If he is injured, he may have dragged himself back to the source of water we used yesterday. I'll go check there. And Sas... thank you."

Old 03-28-2008, 02:40 PM   #538
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

Location: Mirkwood, well actually I live in North-west Scania, Sweden
Sir Gw - in his shining armour - and being very strong - came carrying unconscious Aeran over his shoulder.

He had saved the animal from harm when the orcs stampeded in at the Adventurers but it had been knocked silly by an agressive attacker.

Last edited by Grey_Wolf : 03-28-2008 at 02:54 PM.
Grey_Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 03:06 PM   #539
Mari
Elf Lady

Mari spotted them and went over as fast as she could. "Aeran! Is he alright?" She quickly looked Aeran over as Sir GW put him down. "Oh no! He's injured! Please get him over to the cave Sir GW, while I quickly check if there really is nothing left I can do here."
Mari looked around over the field and said a silent prayer. She noticed tears rolling over her cheek but did not wipe them away. She did make an effort to stop the dam from breaking though, because there was no time for that yet.

Old 03-28-2008, 04:42 PM   #540
The Sasquatch of Fangorn

"Oh, good." said Sas as he gave Mari some herbs from his pack. "I don't know if these will work but here."

Hit 'em low,
Hit 'em high,