Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 09-15-2005, 11:20 AM   #521
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

I LOVED it, Earniel, it was AWESOME!

Only three small points.

I have no IDEA who the Chancellor could appoint to teach swan Speech. Really, unless a new Prof shows up, I doubt USAT can give that course. It is not like Fell Beasts speech, here we have several experts .

I was certain that Earniel will also choose "Commerce"! Doesn't King Val interest you at all? Commerce will be fun, with Lilly and Val and Annawen. I suggest you suddenly remember her question and add Commerce (and the Chancellor will be MUCH amused privetely)

And please, make the Chancellor smile at the mention of Turin. He was a man once! I think he has plenty of humour left. Otherwise he will be too dull to play.
Old 09-15-2005, 11:34 AM   #522
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gordis
I LOVED it, Earniel, it was AWESOME!

Only three small points.

I have no IDEA who the Chancellor could appoint to teach swan Speech. Really, unless a new Prof shows up, I doubt USAT can give that course. It is not like Fell Beasts speech, here we have several experts .

I was certain that Earniel will also choose "Commerce"! Doesn't King Val interest you at all? Commerce will be fun, with Lilly and Val and Annawen. I suggest you suddenly remember her question and add Commerce (and the Chancellor will be MUCH amused privetely)

And please, make the Chancellor smile at the mention of Turin. He was a man once! I think he has plenty of humour left. Otherwise he will be too dull to play.
Well, I kept Swan Speech since it ties neatly into my earlier posts. Does it has to have a specific professor teaching it? Maybe it can be this tiny subcourse that hardly anyone follows and that hardly gets mentioned but that never got erased from the course-list? I'd really like to keep it since it's something that suits rpg-Eärniel.

Commerce! Well, I gather it will be a very.. interesting course to see but what is an Elf that hardly ventures out of her secluded and private realm with commerce class? She doesn't even know Valandil follows it, so she wouldn't choose it to be with him in the same course.

Will amend the smiling thing.
Old 09-15-2005, 11:38 AM   #523
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eärniel
Well, I kept Swan Speech since it ties neatly into my earlier posts. Does it has to have a specific professor teaching it? Maybe it can be this tiny subcourse that hardly anyone follows and that hardly gets mentioned but that never got erased from the course-list? I'd really like to keep it since it's something that suits rpg-Eärniel.

Commerce! Well, I gather it will be a very.. interesting course to see but what is an Elf that hardly ventures out of her secluded and private realm with commerce class? She doesn't even know Valandil follows it, so she wouldn't choose it to be with him in the same course.

Will amend the smiling thing.
Ok, thank you, Earniel!
Old 09-15-2005, 11:45 AM   #524
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

Hi, my Lord Khamul, I see you are on line!
Are you still sleeping in the house at Orrodel? Perhaps you would wish to come down and have a look at the new housekeeper, Rian the Elf? By the way, I doubt that she has yet hired the stable-boy for your horse.

Last edited by Gordis : 09-15-2005 at 11:49 AM.
Old 09-15-2005, 11:53 AM   #525
Telcontar_Dunedain
Warrior of the House of Hador

Ah, Lady Aiwnedis. I will come down and talk with Rian. Just question. Will I be living at Orrodel aswell, or do I have a private house?
Then Huor spoke and said: "Yet if it stands but a little while, then out of your house shall come the hope of Elves and Men. This I say to you, lord, with the eyes of death: though we part here for ever, and I shall not look on your white walls again, from you and me a new star shall arise. Farewell!"

The Silmarillion, Nirnaeth Arnoediad, Page 230
Old 09-15-2005, 11:57 AM   #526
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

I thought you would be fine with your "family", but if you wish to have a private house, who will gainsay you, My Lord?

Do you still have a secret crush on Vivvie?
Old 09-15-2005, 12:01 PM   #527
Telcontar_Dunedain

I'll stay at Orrodel. No silly, she's my supposed cousin in this game!
Then Huor spoke and said: "Yet if it stands but a little while, then out of your house shall come the hope of Elves and Men. This I say to you, lord, with the eyes of death: though we part here for ever, and I shall not look on your white walls again, from you and me a new star shall arise. Farewell!"

Old 09-15-2005, 12:04 PM   #528
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

She is your FAKE cousin in this game, so, really, unless you court her in public, nothing prevents you to make some ...khm advances
Old 09-15-2005, 02:39 PM   #529
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Gollum

Gordis & Earniel, those last 2 long story-posts were superb. BB, Val, Shah, Rian, CS & TD, love your stuff also, as usual. Man, oh, man; I've got some tough acts to follow, that's for sure. Can't post till later on today, tho; Real Life needs some attention for a while.

~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Old 09-15-2005, 03:18 PM   #530
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

Thanks, Lotesse, I am looking forward to your post.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazySquirrel
Gordie, Congratulations on the 500 post!!!
Re:your title
Perhaps Lady of the Nazgul?
Thanks, CS and Rian
Rian was right, I don't want Star Treck associations, so "Seven of the Nine" is not that good.
"Lady of the Ulairi" seems better to me, somehow.
What do you think? I need some advice here.
Old 09-15-2005, 04:17 PM   #531
Telcontar_Dunedain

Yeah, sounds great Gor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotesse
Can't post till later on today, tho; Real Life needs some attention for a while.
Pesky Real Life. Always trying to take up valuable Mooting Time!

Old 09-15-2005, 04:17 PM   #532
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

I like "Lady of the Ulairi" - cool!

Great posts, everyone!

I'll have to think of how rpg-RÃ*an would react to the encounter in the kitchen. Can't post a response now - first day of the school's candy sale fundraiser, and I'm just home for a few minutes to grab lunch. (I run the computer side of things because I wrote the program! )

I think it would be fun to have Eärniel join the Commerce class - maybe she can overhear Annawen talking about the class and how Val is in it, and then sprout a sudden interest in Commerce? She's not man-chasing (she's above that!) but things have been quiet in the swamp, and these new people and places are kinda fun ... something like that?

RÃ*an might apply for that swan-language class - sounds fun! Would she be able to apply late and get in still?

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!

Last edited by Rían : 09-15-2005 at 04:19 PM.
Old 09-15-2005, 04:36 PM   #533
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

Gordis:
Quote:
you have read the RPG thread right?

Not only did our esteemed nazgul and professor of languages (almost) introduce himself speaking Swan (at least to some there and ALL avid readers ) ... but so does Beautiful boomerang.

besides, that reminds me CS ... in your post you refer to the faint 'Nazgul' call to the North .... could you please change that to 'faint Wraith call to the North' .... t'was Beautiful boomerang who made the call ... thanks

hey Valandil .. maybe the game might have been called off due to the chancellor's irksome (for the players that is) decision to see prospective students at the same time?

I'm sure it could be re-scheduled ... and could be VERY interesting indeed .. plenty of opportunites for characters to meet and interact too ... helpful for all to build their characters , meet other characters and see how the plot opens out and twists!

best all BB

P.s. Rian ... your'e an angel!

Last edited by Butterbeer : 09-15-2005 at 04:44 PM.
Old 09-15-2005, 04:57 PM   #534
CrazySquirrel
Shape-shifting, men-grabbing NAZGUL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterbeer
CS ... in your post you refer to the faint 'Nazgul' call to the North .... could you please change that to 'faint Wraith call to the North' .... t'was Beautiful boomerang who made the call ... thanks
Please!
I wonder, though, BB, WHAT made you, or WHO asked you to make this call? Perhaps it was a certain Ice - Chancellor? Eh, BB?

Valandil Yes, PLEASE, I support BB We want the ball game! Next Saturday, after the term has started?

Gor: Lady of the Ulairi sounds cute!

Last edited by CrazySquirrel : 09-15-2005 at 05:15 PM.
Old 09-15-2005, 05:03 PM   #535
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

NO!

just not plain true ..twas'nt the Chancellor.

I am not going to re-route all my posts and plots and characters and have to have everyone completely revise how this started just to please you.

and no it wasn't valandil who suggested we write in the game it was me.
read the post above!

... look i am working on a story here and will discuss in time with Gor...

although the Morgul Lord being here for three years is a) a bit odd b) complicated and C) .... er point C

... maybe the other chancellor was really the kings relation and the Morgul Lord recently killed him and took his guise?

o.k. just an idea but it might make more sense, fit in better and give whoever plays the Morgul Lord some interesting backstory to how he is here!

CS ... .. please do not try and antagonise me.

best BB

Last edited by Butterbeer : 09-15-2005 at 05:09 PM.
Old 09-15-2005, 05:12 PM   #536
CrazySquirrel
Shape-shifting, men-grabbing NAZGUL

BB, some slow pills left?
I am not asking you to rewrite anything and I corrected the "nazgul" to "wraith" already. I only asked you why you wished to call nazgul? I guessed wrong, thaty's all. You have the WraithCall copyright.
And "Valandil" was just incomplete sentence. *I can easily read a post just above, don't fret.
Sorry if I offended somehow. I was in a hurry. now I am off from here.
Old 09-15-2005, 05:23 PM   #537
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

why do i need slow pills?

I have been hardly postingthat much in the rpg.

maybe a chill pill, but again, honestly i think not... well .. perhaps ... but it's fifty-fifty!

maybe you and i should have a little chat via PM?

best BB

Last edited by Butterbeer : 09-15-2005 at 05:25 PM.
Old 09-15-2005, 05:37 PM   #538
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Gollum

Hi, you guys! Hate to interrupt this afternoon's little bicker-fest, but - what do you think of my new story-post, BB and CS?

Oh - I put that he won't let her take Bridge Building because he perceives her mind, and would rather her not getting overly-ambitious with her building ideas - he wants her to stick to building houses and buildings, but bridges he thinks would be going too far. See, she secretly wants someday to really build a whole city, of sorts, devoted to art and culture, yet should she ever come across that Ruling Ring, too much education in building of EVERYthing could make her a little too powerful. Stuff like that.

Last edited by Lotesse : 09-15-2005 at 05:42 PM.
Old 09-15-2005, 06:04 PM   #539
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

bicker? nay, my dearest Lotesse

neither me or CS were bickering ... in one way i fear i have far too much in common character (RL) wise with CS ... at least in certain regards ... but bicker? of course NOT!

What say you Crazy squirrel? ... Bicker, us?

Nay it's either fun or furious!

quite often we may have the odd uncertainty which is which ...

but you impinge both our honours!

Does she have a second, think you CS? Will you do the honours or should i?

p.s. ain't read your post yet ... but it sounds in character! ... just a measley simirial ... maybe just one ring?

best BB

Last edited by Butterbeer : 09-15-2005 at 06:09 PM.
Old 09-15-2005, 06:11 PM   #540
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Gollum

Did you read it yet? Read it, read it! *waits expectantly, nervously sitting on hands*

Closed Thread