FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 02-02-2006, 03:04 AM   #501
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

Location: Mirkwood, well actually I live in North-west Scania, Sweden
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenoli

And Grey Wolf, true, something has to be done. The Shree-Krhynn are actually scaring me more than the incoming assault force of pirates. Would you like to have a fight with ol' Bumble? He's bored, and though old, looking for a fight...
Then the Kravens (which will be arriving soon and going to the King to offer their services) can join up with him in fighting the Vampires.

Last edited by Grey_Wolf : 02-02-2006 at 03:08 AM.
Old 02-02-2006, 03:07 AM   #502
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by RÃ*an

Grey-Wolf : maybe you can invent a character to fight your baddies? I can't handle another character, I already have three!
Well, as I posted above . The Kravens will come and try to save the day.
Old 02-02-2006, 09:42 AM   #503
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

Serenoli, I hope you don't mind
Anyway, the frog-spell wears off the next day.

Please note, Jas only imagines himself a frog, to everyone he looks normal.

Nice pots, Rian and LMM . Now our door Mahta also has a sweetheart.

Last edited by Gordis : 02-02-2006 at 10:16 AM.
Old 02-02-2006, 01:07 PM   #504
Lady Marion Magdalena
Elf Lord

Quote:
Now our door Mahta also has a sweetheart.
I'm playing a door now? Or was that a typo? Funny mental image anyway, a door with a sweetheart...
"Because it is my name! Because I cannot have another in my life! Because I lie and sign myself to lies! Because I am not worth the dust on the feet them that hang! How may I live without my name? I have given you my soul; Leave me my name!"

- The Crucible

"nolite hippopotamum vexare!"
Old 02-02-2006, 02:52 PM   #505
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

Now somebody could perhaps introduce Aragorn and his men to the King.
(me not being so eloquent, would appreciate it).
Old 02-02-2006, 03:29 PM   #506
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Marion Magdalena
I'm playing a door now? Or was that a typo? Funny mental image anyway, a door with a sweetheart...
LMM: Gordis, write 100 times "sour" and "dour"!
Gordis *writes obediently* sour sour dour dour sour dour ....
Old 02-02-2006, 05:08 PM   #507
CrazySquirrel
Shape-shifting, men-grabbing NAZGUL

Great posts, Serenoli, Gordis, Rian and LMM!

Decidedly, every lonely femaile gets a sweetheart!

Lotesse, please, come back! Lilly needs her little sister (and Buz!)!

Serenoli, what are Tol's ideas of a proper household?

Last edited by CrazySquirrel : 02-02-2006 at 05:09 PM.
Old 02-02-2006, 05:16 PM   #508
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazySquirrel
Decidedly, every lonely femaile gets a sweetheart!
and Lilly gets several!

GW - you might have a problem there (getting introduced to the King) - I think Val is not going to post for awhile. Maybe the best route to take is to have them work anonymously? Then you won't have to wait on Val. Just a suggestion

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!

Last edited by Rían : 02-02-2006 at 05:18 PM.
Old 02-02-2006, 05:18 PM   #509
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

Actually, she seems to be loosing them faster than she is gaining...

Nice post LMM, see what a good bit of prodding can produce? Now for Shah's dignified "squee"....
And though they are with you yet they belong not to you.
You may give them your love but not your thoughts,
For they have their own thoughts.
You may house their bodies but not their souls,
For their souls dwell in the house of tomorrow,
which you cannot visit, not even in your dreams.
Old 02-02-2006, 06:28 PM   #510
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

Oh ye who is hidden, come and post, because I know there is a hidden mooter somewhere along in the RPG forum at this point. And more than likely ye are a WaKFaR poster.
Old 02-02-2006, 07:51 PM   #511
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

Hi all

I think, since there are no disagreements going on right now, that I'm going to choose now to leave the rpg. No one really depends on my characters, so it shouldn't upset anyone's plans at all. If anyone needs my characters for anything, let me know, and we can write something before my characters leave Tharbad. Elves heal quickly so they might even leave before the pirate raid hits.

It's just gotten to the point where I can't even write a simple suggestion without feeling sure that I'm going to get hit, out of the blue, with some bizarre, mean, and untrue accusation, when all that is in my heart is wanting to help or to share a thought or concern. The pirate discussion was a classic example - I wanted to work with both sides and help them come to an acceptable agreement, and I got blasted several times with mean and untrue accusations for my efforts. It's just taken most of the enjoyment out of the rpg for me, and it's just not worth it anymore to feel that I can't post on the discussion thread without feeling like I have a large target painted on me, so I think I'll just leave while everything is calm now (and again, because my characters are not at all essential to the plot, so it shouldn't hurt anyone).

For me, the discussion thread was at least as enjoyable as the rpg, if not more, because I got to talk to so many fun and intelligent people, but the personal attacks on the discussion thread have just finally outweighed even the nice conversations.

I hope the rpg goes well for everyone, and it's really been a hugely valuable and enjoyable experience for me in many, many ways. I hope to see you all on the other threads.

(ps - Udu, I edited out where Sapthan meets up with Alagos.)

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!
Old 02-02-2006, 08:18 PM   #512
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

Damn, you too? I'm ace; once this Raid is finished so am I. I might write for a remaining character once in a while if you guys need them for any plot purposes, but other than that I am gone, so peace.
Old 02-03-2006, 01:22 AM   #513
Udukhaturz
Shadow Lord of Morgul

Rian and TLSP, you both will be missed.
Old 02-03-2006, 01:52 AM   #514
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

Quote:
and Lilly gets several!

GW - you might have a problem there (getting introduced to the King) - I think Val is not going to post for awhile. Maybe the best route to take is to have them work anonymously? Then you won't have to wait on Val. Just a suggestion
Yeah, I guess that would be better. If he ain't around to be met, the Kravens will most likely have to be anonymous or meet up with a lowly administrator. What think ye about that possibility?
Old 02-03-2006, 04:53 AM   #515
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey_Wolf
Yeah, I guess that would be better. If he ain't around to be met, the Kravens will most likely have to be anonymous or meet up with a lowly administrator. What think ye about that possibility?
GW, I think your rangers should go to visit the Governor of Tharbad, Lord Azrabel, played by TD. TD, you around?

The King only arrived at Tharbad recently. Normally Tharbad is ruled by the Governor.

Just change the location to the Governor's palace. It is on Menotar street, by the bridge.
Old 02-03-2006, 05:47 AM   #516
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordis
GW, I think your rangers should go to visit the Governor of Tharbad, Lord Azrabel, played by TD. TD, you around?

The King only arrived at Tharbad recently. Normally Tharbad is ruled by the Governor.

Just change the location to the Governor's palace. It is on Menotar street, by the bridge.
Change done.
Old 02-03-2006, 06:54 AM   #517
CrazySquirrel

Quote:
It's just gotten to the point where I can't even write a simple suggestion without feeling sure that I'm going to get hit, out of the blue, with some bizarre, mean, and untrue accusation, when all that is in my heart is wanting to help or to share a thought or concern. The pirate discussion was a classic example - I wanted to work with both sides and help them come to an acceptable agreement, and I got blasted several times with mean and untrue accusations for my efforts. It's just taken most of the enjoyment out of the rpg for me, and it's just not worth it anymore to feel that I can't post on the discussion thread without feeling like I have a large target painted on me, so I think I'll just leave while everything is calm now (and again, because my characters are not at all essential to the plot, so it shouldn't hurt anyone).

For me, the discussion thread was at least as enjoyable as the rpg, if not more, because I got to talk to so many fun and intelligent people, but the personal attacks on the discussion thread have just finally outweighed even the nice conversations.
Rian, I feel that you are pointing your accusing finger right at me, when you speak of "personal attacks" and "mean and untrue accusations for my efforts".

I never did (or at least never meant to) attack you personally. Sorry if you understood it this way. I can say that your desire to defend Val's cause and to smooth our disagreements only shows that you are a nice person and a loyal friend. If I got irritated by it once, (and I confess I did, how can I deny it?), it is because I felt that Val didn't really need a spokesman for himself. He is around, but chooses to stay silent and didn't reply to any questions addressed to him directly. He hasn't appointed you to defend his cause, did he? You may have interpreted his points wrongly. You have no authority to make decisions for him. You could only get hit instead of him... that is exactly what happened. For that I am sorry.

As for your suggestions for the story (#492, # 469 and so on), I thought and I still think them good and acceptable. Earniel also made a suggestion (was it to let Val crush the main force and let only a small detachment reach Tharbad?) acceptable to FOEAD. Never did any of FOEAD people decline them. But to work, they have to be approved by Valandil. Isn't he the central character in this game? Isn't he the head of FOGAL? Where is his approval or disapproval? He never replied.

We are stuck, don't you see it, Rian? We have not reached an agreement on this fight. People don't know what to post. It is absolutely NOT your fault, but it makes all irritable.

I will be loath to see you leave. I like your writing, it is very good, even if I personally don't go for Elven love stories. But many (if not MOST) people do. I will not be surprised if there are readers of this RPG who prefer your posts and your plotlines to all the others.

So, please, stay.
Old 02-03-2006, 08:28 AM   #518
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

I was thinking, the twelve Shree-Kryhnn have no Leader. Perhaps something along these lines would be accepted, eh?

When Aragorn and his Kravens capture the first vampire they will be told that the Master is coming and there is nothing they do about it. Or is it too ridiculous?

These are the names of the twelve vampires:

Last edited by Grey_Wolf : 02-03-2006 at 11:09 AM.
Old 02-03-2006, 10:21 AM   #519
CrazySquirrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey_Wolf
I was thinking, the twelve Shree-Kryhnn have no Leader. Perhaps something along these lines would be accepted, eh?

When Aragorn and his Kravens capture the first vampire they will be told that the Master is coming and there is nothing they do about it. Or is it too ridiculous?

These are the names of the twelve vampires:

Ariel, Dominique, Francesca, Brigitte, Catherine, Christine and Charlotte.

Michael, Steven, Theodore, Blake, Damon and Garridan.

Are they too Earthish and not enough ME?
I don't think thee were any vampires in ME, barring this Maia (?) bat of Morgoth - Thurighwethil (sorry, may be incorrect spelling). I think you should explain to us all what sort of creatures they are meant to be.
Maiar?
Elven spirits that refused the summons?
Human ghosts?
Some sort of creatures of your own invention (but here we need even more explanations)
All this we really need to know if we are to give you any advice.
Old 02-03-2006, 10:30 AM   #520
Lady Marion Magdalena
Elf Lord

Quote:
Are they too Earthish and not enough ME?
While the names in question are lovely... they do feel just a bit too commonplace.

And yes, please do give us some more details as to what your creatures are, they seem to be a bit more interesting than the average vampire.
"Because it is my name! Because I cannot have another in my life! Because I lie and sign myself to lies! Because I am not worth the dust on the feet them that hang! How may I live without my name? I have given you my soul; Leave me my name!"

- The Crucible

"nolite hippopotamum vexare!"
Closed Thread