Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 11-09-2005, 05:35 PM   #501
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Sorry dearest, one game-post a day, remember?
Old 11-09-2005, 05:44 PM   #502
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

Ah, well, everyone will have to suffer through more hair details, then

(I meant whenever you got a chance )

(She got my elvish mind-communication!)

Did you read my long (hopefully not too boring) language post? I finally made the connection today, while I was writing it, why Dwarvish was the way it was - it's a bit like Valarin!

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!
Old 11-09-2005, 05:58 PM   #503
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

maps posted ... those must be massive roms for a place the size of orrodel!

Rian, TD the edits are much better, thank you very much

Gor, since TD and Rian have edited that khamul is trying despite provacation to keep calm and it is now merely some hasty dislike kinda post as opposed to serious character assasination, do you want me to leave the report coming to the Captain?

there really isn't so much grounds for it since lilly is no longer attacked and cut and the scene outside has been toned down, where khamul actually calms himself remembering his orders .. i cant now see any point in it?

what do you think?

well, im off to watch LOST for an hour or so, though i may start writing the barliman of the yard / sherlock barliman / hercule BB etc post in the ad breaks ...

see y'all later.
Old 11-09-2005, 06:58 PM   #504
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterbeer
maps posted ... those must be massive roms for a place the size of orrodel!

Gor, since TD and Rian have edited that khamul is trying despite provacation to keep calm and it is now merely some hasty dislike kinda post as opposed to serious character assasination, do you want me to leave the report coming to the Captain?

there really isn't so much grounds for it since lilly is no longer attacked and cut and the scene outside has been toned down, where khamul actually calms himself remembering his orders .. i cant now see any point in it?

what do you think?
Thanks for the maps, BB.
We have discussed everything by PM with TD and the Captain and his trusted Lieutenant have agreed on a course to take. Let it be a surprise to others. .
No, no point in Boom's report now.

LMM, If you disagree with Mahtaliel's part in my last post, I am willing to edit.

Last edited by Gordis : 11-09-2005 at 07:37 PM.
Old 11-09-2005, 08:10 PM   #505
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterbeer
Rian, TD the edits are much better, thank you very much
You're welcome

I would just like to re-emphasize that I have no interest in outing the Nazgul now or anytime soon at ALL

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Last edited by Rían : 11-09-2005 at 08:31 PM.
Old 11-09-2005, 08:23 PM   #506
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

thanks rian

Last edited by Butterbeer : 11-09-2005 at 08:40 PM.
Old 11-09-2005, 08:27 PM   #507
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

Rian You edited, it is now much better, BB said "Thank you very much". I say the same.

BB If you want replies to your PM's, clear your Mailbox, please.

Last edited by Gordis : 11-09-2005 at 09:07 PM.
Old 11-09-2005, 08:28 PM   #508
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

its clear
Old 11-09-2005, 09:36 PM   #509
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordis
Thanks for the maps, BB.
We have discussed everything by PM with TD and the Captain and his trusted Lieutenant have agreed on a course to take. Let it be a surprise to others. .
No, no point in Boom's report now.

LMM, If you disagree with Mahtaliel's part in my last post, I am willing to edit.
this is very unclear gordis. Who is this "we" that have discussed this with Td?

all the nazgul?

How can i post boom reporting to the morgul lord (which isn't really all that nesessary now anyway) if you have other plans in this regard - will it not cause problems?

who are these "others"?

Until you can clarify this, i cannot post what i had intended for fear of causing a problem.
Old 11-09-2005, 09:47 PM   #510
Lady Marion Magdalena
Elf Lord

I think I'll take you up on that offer Gordis, the first bit is fine, she would definitely be annoyed with the Chancellor for complicating things unnecessarily by making them go to him.

The second part needs some work:

First- Her voice would never qualify as shrill, no matter how emotional she got.

Secondly- She would never admit to being muddled from lack of sleep, especially in front of people she doesn't like very much, and even more especially to excuse a mistake that wasn't her fault. Oriental Laguages was left off the schedule because when she made the schedules there were no students listed as taking that class.
She would be quite rightfully furious to learn that they waited till now to tell her that there were students taking that class and if there are a significant amount of students taking it she'll have to collect their schedules, and re-do them, and that means writing them out by hand. Not easy, very irritating. Hoping to avoid that, she would inquire how many students are interested in that class, and who they are. If a small enough number, which it is, just the MM's I believe? She would then check her list to see which other classes they're in and write in the change then and there. She would not be apologetic and she would probably leave Galadanunn and possibly even the Chancellor a warning about pulling that sort of thing. They're supposed to let her know about these changes ahead of time, it's very bad mannered of them not to do so, and she wouldn't hesitate to say so.
"Because it is my name! Because I cannot have another in my life! Because I lie and sign myself to lies! Because I am not worth the dust on the feet them that hang! How may I live without my name? I have given you my soul; Leave me my name!"

- The Crucible

"nolite hippopotamum vexare!"

Last edited by Lady Marion Magdalena : 11-10-2005 at 12:00 AM.
Old 11-10-2005, 05:43 AM   #511
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

Sure, LMM It is your right to change the part about Mahtaliel. I am fully willing to co-operate.

So, I have taken away "shrill", as you asked.

Now, I think, the best idia will be to let you post Mahtaliel's reply yourself.

So, I have deleted all the last part of my Orientation post in the Main, and past it here in this message for you to revise, as you like. Please, make your own next post in the Main, describing Mahtaliel's reaction. I only ask you to include my two last paragraphs with Chancellor's words. You may edit it, though, to better fit the situation, taking away "forgetful", if needed.

As for Galadannun's jibe, perhaps it is time to ask TD whether he likes it, or not. Entirely up to him.

Does it suit you?

Yes, I know, there were no students, so you have omitted the Languages. Mahtaliel has always omitted the classes with no students, and until now it worked perfectly. But Galadannun knew there would be some and the Chancellor as well, but nobody told you. (And yes, sure, it is unfair and it was done deliberately by the Chancellor: he wants to appear hateful).

Now he will tell you, that MM's are now in for O. Languages, as the Governor asked the Chancellor to accept them yesterday at the Reception, but it had been your DUTY to put ALL the announced classes into the shedule. Let the Chancellor be polite, but very unfriendly.

So, please, post what you wish, and include the very last part of the original:

Quote:
"Oriental Languages?" Mahtaliel glanced at the list. The languages were sadly missing. "Please excuse my mistake, professor, I must have been somewhat distracted when I worked on the schedule…"

"Obviously, Professor", replied Galadannun, a mocking smile on his lips. "I heard you had neighbours carousing all night long? You must have been much distracted … by curiosity, perhaps?"

"Professor Mahtaliel, interrupted the Chancellor, irritation obvious in his voice. "Please add Professor Galadannun’s classes to the schedule. I expect you to be less forgetful next time. If nothing else has been omitted, go now and inform the students. Leave one copy here. Good day to all of you."

He rose, indicating that the Orientation was over. "Professor Galadannun, please stay here, I must have some words with you regarding your classes".

BB, You didn't like the "Highness". Perhaps you are right, after all, you live in the oldest monarchy in Europe, you should know. I have changed it temporarily to "His Lordship".
Could you, please, find out what is the proper title for an Arch-Chancellor?

And Re: your last post. I meant that TD and I have privately, "tete-a-tetly" agreed on the contents of the next talk between ML and Khamul. But the Morgul Lord still has to learn about the Orodel incident. It is not strictly necessary to send Boom to him as a plot device, though, I will be very glad to see the Boomerang again in action. If you feel like posting this bit, please, do!

If not, the ML will make Khamul report to him, but probably the most disturbing details will be lost this way.

Serenoli, Udu, Great posts. I like your input more and more, Serenoli. Udu, I see, has started to tell his story in Tharbad. Nobody seemed to be curious before. Looking forward to the dancers.

Last edited by Gordis : 11-10-2005 at 08:46 AM.
Old 11-10-2005, 06:13 AM   #512
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

well it can hardly be "forgetful" if she was under the impression no students meant no class, and if this is in front of all the professors (minus one ) Prof M will have no option but to put this straight - making the chancelllor look foolish for not having informed her.

since prof m has apparently made these things before it would be odd if shes did not know the rules, but you 2 must decide if it is practice to put classes up anyway if no one is attending or not ...

Gor, yes i think i understand the "we" grammar now
since khamul attemped to follow orders pretty much on the edit thus not challenging the captain or his authority - boom has no reason now.

Quote:
"tete-a-tetly"
head to tea-bag? ahhh, tetley (tea)

where is CS? you around CS?

best bb

Last edited by Butterbeer : 11-10-2005 at 06:16 AM.
Old 11-10-2005, 08:39 AM   #513
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

I think the Chancellor tries to be as unjust and hateful as possible, not minding to look a bit pig-headed and foolish in the process.

He will tell Mahtaliel that he was ALWAYS telling her to put in ALL the classes. whether there were students or not. If she didn't do it, it was her fault entirely. A polite but intense quarrel will follow.
Do you like that LMM?

By the way, LMM, speaking of the schedule you uploaded in the Photobucket, I can easily edit JPG files. I hate to make you scan the thing again. So, if you just tell me where to put Oriental Languages, I can do it for you, and send you the file to upload. Or, alternatively, I can upload it myself in my photobucket.

But Mahtaliel will have to correct all the shedules manually!

BB, I am glad the "WE" thing is settled. Have some Tetley, I will send you a PM this evening. Now no more time, sorry.

Last edited by Gordis : 11-10-2005 at 10:03 AM.
Old 11-10-2005, 09:30 AM   #514
Lady Marion Magdalena
Elf Lord

Yes, please do edit the thing if you can do it without having to do so by hand. Oriental languages can go in any one of the empty slots. I'll leave it up to you. I'll be glad to post Mahtaliel's reaction, but it'll have to wait a bit, no time now.
"Because it is my name! Because I cannot have another in my life! Because I lie and sign myself to lies! Because I am not worth the dust on the feet them that hang! How may I live without my name? I have given you my soul; Leave me my name!"

- The Crucible

Old 11-10-2005, 09:59 AM   #515
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Marion Magdalena
Yes, please do edit the thing if you can do it without having to do so by hand. Oriental languages can go in any one of the empty slots. I'll leave it up to you. I'll be glad to post Mahtaliel's reaction, but it'll have to wait a bit, no time now.
Here it is now

Mahtaliel's USAT schedule

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a3...-Dis/USAT3.jpg
Old 11-10-2005, 12:29 PM   #516
Telcontar_Dunedain
Warrior of the House of Hador

Khamûl is fine in the post Gor.
Then Huor spoke and said: "Yet if it stands but a little while, then out of your house shall come the hope of Elves and Men. This I say to you, lord, with the eyes of death: though we part here for ever, and I shall not look on your white walls again, from you and me a new star shall arise. Farewell!"

The Silmarillion, Nirnaeth Arnoediad, Page 230
Old 11-10-2005, 01:06 PM   #517
Lady Marion Magdalena
Elf Lord

Thanks Gordis, that's perfect, I'll go post her reaction now.

- The Crucible

Old 11-10-2005, 01:14 PM   #518
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

Fine, and TD will be right after. Please wait for LMM, TD!
Old 11-10-2005, 01:26 PM   #519
Rían

(hmm, I'm glad I'm at the Red Herring right now )

Hurry up, Eärniel, I just checked the schedule and found Rian has classes at 9 and 10!

Old 11-10-2005, 01:36 PM   #520
Lady Marion Magdalena
Elf Lord

All right Gordis, it's done, tell me if you need any of the Chancellor's responses changed.

To all student players, the classes start at 10:30 because it's the first day, go to whichever class is closest to that time on the schedule. If you have a 10:00 class, go to that one. If a later class, then wait and go at the normal time.

- The Crucible

Closed Thread