FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 06-02-2004, 04:39 PM   #501
Janny
The Blobbit

Quote:
Originally posted by Dwarven Sen
I saw HP3 twice yesterday...
TWICE?! Isn't it really long? In the cinema? Did you watch it, cue up and go in again?

Tradition means giving votes to the most obscure of all classes, our ancestors. It is the democracy of the dead. Tradition refuses to submit to the small and arrogant oligarchy of those who happen to be walking about. ~ Mercutio... erm, GK Chesterton.
Old 06-02-2004, 07:45 PM   #502
Lady Ravyn
Thief Queen of Entmoot

it comes out here on friday. we're going to see it then for my parents 20th anniversary (real romantic, huh? )

Proud Member of the Evil Mooters and upstanding citizen of the Planet Bob!

And all you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be...

My Space!

Cynicism is what happens when a person opens their eyes; stops blinking in the sun, and starts wondering "why". Question everything, believe only that which you yourself deem true. Go ahead- Call me cynical.
Old 06-03-2004, 09:54 AM   #503
Dwarven Sen
Elven Warrior

i went at 2 in the afternoon on my own because i knew that my flatmates would laugh at me if they saw my reactions to the film the first time round. Then i got back and they were just going out to see it so i had a choice of watching it with them or revising. well that wasn't much of a choice was it? i got back at eight in the evening and realised that i'd lost six hours of my life.

I went to a different cinema the second time though so the people didn't give me funny looks. One of the great things about living in the city centre is that everything is close by, there are four cinemas near me so i can see the same film 4 times and only my flatmates will know.

Morlin, i pity you.

Dont heckle the supervillain

Note to Self: Remember that sarcasm is hard to detect from text.

What ever you do, don't click this link!

my LJ
Old 06-03-2004, 11:17 AM   #504
b.banner
Elf Lord

Location: Trying to keep a hold on my temper so I don't turn into a big green guy.
i saw the day after tommorow
"We are going to tickle some Aes Sedai under the chin, rescue a mule, and put a snip-nosed girl on the Lion Throne. Oh, yes. That's Aviendha. Don't look at her cross-wise or she'll try to cut your throat and probably slit her own by mistake."-Mat Cauthon from Wheel of Time

"Don't make me angry, you wouldn't like me when I'm angry...."-Dr. Bruce Banner
HULK
BATMAN
THE FLASH
Old 06-03-2004, 11:39 AM   #505
Dwarven Sen
Elven Warrior

is it good? Still not gotten around to seeing it.

my LJ
Old 06-03-2004, 01:20 PM   #506
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

Location: Mirkwood, well actually I live in North-west Scania, Sweden
Quote:
Originally posted by b.banner
i saw the day after tommorow
When did you see it? The Day After Yesterday?
Old 06-03-2004, 10:06 PM   #507
Lady Ravyn
Thief Queen of Entmoot

just finished watching big fish it was very bizarre, but i've never cried so much during a movie. the character of edward bloom drew alot of parralells to my grandpa, so the last half hour or so of the movie i spent bawling my eyes out it was a very surreal experience...

My Space!

Cynicism is what happens when a person opens their eyes; stops blinking in the sun, and starts wondering "why". Question everything, believe only that which you yourself deem true. Go ahead- Call me cynical.
Old 06-04-2004, 12:33 PM   #508
Beruthiel's cat
mystical divinity of Unashamed Felinity

Location: New York's beautiful North Coast -- we're all mad here!!!
I just saw Bull Durham on one of the cable movie channels. I saw it once several years ago and I'd forgotten what a great movie it is (especially if you love baseball...).

Kevin Costner and Tim Robbins both look very young, but Susan Sarandon hasn't changed a bit!!

"Never try to out-stubborn a cat!" -- R. Heinlein

~~~~~~~~~

"But I don't want to be among mad people, " Alice remarked.
"Oh, but you can't help that," said the Cat; "We're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here." ~~ Lewis Carroll

~~~~~~~~~~~

Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana...
Old 06-04-2004, 10:37 PM   #509
Lady Ravyn
Thief Queen of Entmoot

just got back a couple hours ago from harry potter; i thought it was pretty good, but of course it can't compare with the books *sigh* well, we can't have everything, can we? all in all though, i was pleased- it was better than the first two, that's for sure

My Space!

Old 06-05-2004, 07:23 AM   #510
Dwarven Sen
Elven Warrior

i've seen The Day After Tomorrow. It's quite good apart from soom eensy weensy litle facts. England and Scotland are different places!!!!!
i was sat in a cinema in scotland watching as three englishmen toasted to England in Scotland. ppl were not impressed. But they did appreciate the 12 year malt, as we all do.

I have the song from Rush Hour in my head so I'm going to go and buy the video...

my LJ
Old 06-05-2004, 04:46 PM   #511
Janny
The Blobbit

I saw HP3 the yesterday. It certainly wasn't an amazing movie. I thought the child acting was not good, almost immature one might say... oh. I didn't like the script, but I felt that it was well directed.
I think my main problem with it was that it was a book of epic length treated with a movie that was too short AND too long. It did not give any sense of the normality of life in the wizarding world, the little touches which give the atmosphere. But having said that, the first hour or so pailed into insignificance and made one think that the movie should have been shorter.
Having said that, I did enjoy the film very much and will go to future films. Especially if directed by the same dude.

Tradition means giving votes to the most obscure of all classes, our ancestors. It is the democracy of the dead. Tradition refuses to submit to the small and arrogant oligarchy of those who happen to be walking about. ~ Mercutio... erm, GK Chesterton.
Old 06-05-2004, 05:04 PM   #512
Sicirus
Elf Lord

I saw HP3. IT WAS WONDERFUL....The kids did much better this time then they did the other two films. They did do teh book out of order and the ending kinda sucked but the rest of it had awsome scenery, charcters (except the werewolf which looked very bad mind you). It was GREAT.
Old 06-05-2004, 05:10 PM   #513
Janny
The Blobbit

Oo! I like your avatar!
I agree the scenery and such was impressive, but it was in the other films. Maybe it's just because it was the first time I saw it, but the Quidditch sequence in number 2 was much better. And like 20 minutes long!

Old 06-05-2004, 06:11 PM   #514
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

Location: Mirkwood, well actually I live in North-west Scania, Sweden
This evening I saw The Return of the King again (on vhs) .
Old 06-06-2004, 10:15 PM   #515
azalea
Long lost mooter

I finally saw Peter Pan, but it took me so long because it was a friend's copy of it that she'd copied, and the label she put on it kept making it skip, so I kept having to take it out and put it back it, etc. I was previewing it, and I think I'll let my 5 yr old see it, but I'm going to rent it, because having to deal with that label was annoying!
I liked a lot that they included from the book, but at the same time, as with all adaptations it seems, they included unecessary stuff, thus making a lot of the rest seem rushed a bit. And of course the romance thing with Peter and Wendy was too blatent, should have been more subtle and childish. The end was changed some. And I would have loved if they'd included Wendy Grows Up. But I guess that would have made it too long. Oh, well. Overall, a good movie, but could have been even better.
Old 06-06-2004, 11:19 PM   #516
Cirdan
Elf Lord of the Grey Havens

Somethings gotta give great cast okay story good popcorn nite

When thru several iterations of ROTK and Bonus disk. nuff said

edit: Oh yeah. Triplets of Belleville very weird and amusing

edit2:

Disk 1 of Dune mini-series. Glowing eyes a litle anoyying and low production value but the sets and acting are nice. Fairly faithful adaptation with exceptions.
There exists a limit to the force even ther most powerful may apply without destroying themselves. Judging this limit is the true artistry of government. Misuse of power is the fatal sin. The law cannot be a tool of vengance, never a hostage, nor a fortification against the martyrs it has created. You cannot threaten any individual and escape the consequences.

-Muad'dib on Law
The Stilgar Commentary

Last edited by Cirdan : 06-06-2004 at 11:22 PM.
Old 06-06-2004, 11:35 PM   #517
BeardofPants
the Shrike

Oh Mark, favourite bits of the Dune miniseries have got to be of them pretending to run along the dunes, whilst really jogging on the spot.

Dawn of the Dead remake. What can I say - I love zombie movies.
Old 06-07-2004, 08:42 AM   #518
Cirdan
Elf Lord of the Grey Havens

Quote:
Originally posted by BeardofPants
Oh Mark, favourite bits of the Dune miniseries have got to be of them pretending to run along the dunes, whilst really jogging on the spot.
LOL!!! Anna, if you watch the bonus bits about the "making of" they brag about the studio sets (a pile of sand w/ a picture of the desert behind). Low Budget!

It's so hard to find actors will to stand in an actual desert for minimum wage.

...and put those stillsuits on correctly.!
There exists a limit to the force even ther most powerful may apply without destroying themselves. Judging this limit is the true artistry of government. Misuse of power is the fatal sin. The law cannot be a tool of vengance, never a hostage, nor a fortification against the martyrs it has created. You cannot threaten any individual and escape the consequences.

-Muad'dib on Law
The Stilgar Commentary
Old 06-07-2004, 01:52 PM   #519
b.banner
Elf Lord

Location: Trying to keep a hold on my temper so I don't turn into a big green guy.
i saw troy again in theaters of course
"We are going to tickle some Aes Sedai under the chin, rescue a mule, and put a snip-nosed girl on the Lion Throne. Oh, yes. That's Aviendha. Don't look at her cross-wise or she'll try to cut your throat and probably slit her own by mistake."-Mat Cauthon from Wheel of Time

"Don't make me angry, you wouldn't like me when I'm angry...."-Dr. Bruce Banner
HULK
BATMAN
THE FLASH
Old 06-07-2004, 07:16 PM   #520
Hawklan
Enting

I tried to watch paycheck but gave up after about 20 mins and watched fave rugby tape of the all blacks nearly winning the world cup against france a few years back - jona lomu was a monster !
because I'm still in love with you on this harvest moon.Well the sun is surely sinking down
But the moon is slowly rising
So this old world must still be spinning 'round
And I still love you

NIL SATIS NISI OPTIMUM
Closed Thread