Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 05-04-2010, 08:18 PM   #501
Gwaimir Windgem
Dread Mothy Lord and Halfwitted Apprentice Loremaster

Because I already voted on the first day. Most people look down on voting multiple times.

'With a melon?'
- Eric Idle
Gwaimir Windgem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 08:22 PM   #502
hectorberlioz
Master of Orchestration President Emeritus of Entmoot 2004-2008

Since we have only a few days more until the polls are closed (get those votes in, 'mooters!), I would like to comment that this has been a lively and fun campaign season, and worthy to stand with the preceding ones. Thanks to all the candidates who put their names in, and thanks to all the folks who participated to make this a lively and interesting event!

Sincerely,
HectorBerlioz
The Entmoot President Emeritus

Acaly und Hektor fur Presidants fur EntMut fur life!
Join the discussion at Entmoot Election 2010.
"Stupidissimo!"~Toscanini
The Da CINDY Code
The Epic Poem Of The Balrog of Entmoot: Here ~NEW!
~
Thinking of summer vacation?
AboutNewJersey.com - NJ Travel & Tourism Guide
hectorberlioz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 08:32 PM   #503
hectorberlioz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwaimir Windgem View Post
Because I already voted on the first day. Most people look down on voting multiple times.
And I don't?

In other news, the Teacup Table Gazette has been investigating its own reporters and has found that two of them (whose names shall remain anonymous for present) were both former writers for pro-Charles Williams periodicals which promoted softer forms of anti-Tolkienism.

The Entmoot Government administration of Sasquatch and Nurvingiel is investigating the missing chocolate imports. They found two barrels worth of chocolate in Insidious Rex's garage, two bundles under Midge's sofa, three canisters in Coffeehouse's pantry, two and a half bars in Noble Elf Lord's car trunk, eight slabs in Varnafinde's desk drawer, eleven pillowcases-worth in Acalewia's bathroom, and seventy-five cases in hectorberlioz's freezer. None was found in connection to X Perry Mint as investigators are still trying to figure out who he or she is. None of the candidates have been charged because all of the chocolate found was legally pruchased at retailer stores. The missing chocolate, meanwhile, continues to be missed.

The Da CINDY Code
~

Last edited by hectorberlioz : 05-04-2010 at 08:34 PM.
Old 05-04-2010, 09:06 PM   #504
brownjenkins
Advocatus Diaboli

I got the email and had to toss in a thumbs up for IR.
Old 05-04-2010, 09:47 PM   #505
hectorberlioz

Does that mean that you voted properly?

Good to see you again, BJ!

The Da CINDY Code
~
Old 05-05-2010, 04:21 AM   #506
Varnafindë
Princess of the Noldor (and Administrative Empress of the Lone Islands)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hectorberlioz View Post
eight slabs in Varnafinde's desk drawer, eleven pillowcases-worth in Acalewia's bathroom, and seventy-five cases in hectorberlioz's freezer. None was found in connection to X Perry Mint as investigators are still trying to figure out who he or she is. None of the candidates have been charged because all of the chocolate found was legally pruchased at retailer stores. The missing chocolate, meanwhile, continues to be missed.
Hey, there's no chocolate in my desk drawer!
I just checked it and it's empty!
What happened to the eight slabs that they found?

But as you say, those slabs were legally purchased.

Signature picture art - Bard the Bowman - by vigshane
Avatar art - Footsteps of Spring (a young Luthien) - by Henning Janssen
Varnafindë is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 04:37 AM   #507
Coffeehouse
Entmoot Minister of Foreign Affairs

Quote:
The Entmoot Government administration of Sasquatch and Nurvingiel is investigating the missing chocolate imports.
Dear Mooters, we'd like to point out the incompetence of the Entmoot gov't admin in investigating the wrong people, when we pointed out earlier in the campaign that a certain group of squirrels were the perpetrators behind the chocolate-consuming frenzy in Fangorn.

The Entmoot Freedom Party will outsmart the little squirrels with tons of darkly-painted bark that looks like chocolate, at the same time getting these poor creatures off their addiction to chocolate.

Let's fight to have the right to have chocolate in our glorious Entmootian homes without the terrorizing shadow of Hectorian and Midgian big government hanging over us - Because eating chocolate is an Entmoot Right!

Vote Coffee, Insidious and Noble - Because it's Nice to be Free

Last edited by Coffeehouse : 05-05-2010 at 04:42 AM.
Coffeehouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 04:54 AM   #508
Noble Elf Lord
Leaf-Crowned Lord Of Elvenpath

Quote:
...two and a half bars in Noble Elf Lord's car trunk,...
I don't have a ca-ar... That's someone else's. I have a horse! Of course!

Don't touch my saddlebags.
Old 05-05-2010, 04:57 AM   #509
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varnafindë View Post
Hey, there's no chocolate in my desk drawer!
I just checked it and it's empty!
What happened to the eight slabs that they found?
Confiscated. *burp*
Old 05-05-2010, 05:24 AM   #510
Jonathan
Entmoot Attorney-General,
Equilibrating the Scales of Justice, Administrator

Enters Jonathan, scarred and weary following the hardships suffered at the hands of Hector, yet head held high as becomes a true hero.

He looks to his left. There, under the light of a green lantern stands Tessar, renowned Bard and Breaker of Young Girls' Hearts. He is humming an ethereal tune with a voice soft as honey. In a display of great respect, Tessar honours the newcomer with the slightest of nods.

Jonathan looks to his right. At a pond a beauteous sea-elf is kneeling gracefully, petting and feeding a group of rainbow-coloured frogs. It is Eärniel the Fair, of the chocolate-coated lands of Nîn in Eilph. With a delicate wave of her lily-white hand, she too salutes the visitor.

And there, in lone majesty next to the gilded ballot box, stands Valandil himself, the High King at Annuminas. Possession of unfathomable wisdom his hinted deep in his intense eyes. With a lordly gesture towards the box, the High King utters in a voice full of might and authority: "I beg, dutifully cast your vote. Embellish the election with the dignity that only the vote of Jonathan can convey!"

"Sure thing!" Jonathan replies solemnly, "Er, I just write a name on a piece of paper, right? Then I put it in the box?"

And Jonathan finds a goose-pen and some papyrus and proceeds to write...
"Uh, Val? How do you spell 'Acalewia' again? Ah, never mind. I suppose just 'Acally & Hector' will do fine."

Jonathan folds the paper twice and gently puts it in the ballot box. He then bows respectfully before the three admins and withdraws, satisfied with his contribution to democracy. On his way out, he lets his mind linger a while at the memory of the election of 2004, where Hector emerged victoriously. Jonathan then brings to mind the following election, where Hector once more was declared the winner - at least initially, all due to the draw between Nurvingiel and Sasquatch. Ah, would it not be outlandish, amusing and ironic, should Hector claim the presidential title yet again?

With a smile on his face, Jonathan embarks on his long journey into the sunset, much aware that his vote just may contribute to a new golden era of Hectorian rule...
An unwritten post is a delightful universe of infinite possibilities. Set down one word, however, and it immediately becomes earthbound. Set down one sentence and it’s halfway to being just like every other bloody entry that’s ever been written.
Jonathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 09:17 AM   #511
Varnafindë
Princess of the Noldor (and Administrative Empress of the Lone Islands)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
Ah, would it not be outlandish, amusing and ironic, should Hector claim the presidential title yet again?
Indeed, since he's only running for Vice President.

But, to those of you who want chocolate:
Why not vote for the Chocolate (etc) Party?

Signature picture art - Bard the Bowman - by vigshane
Avatar art - Footsteps of Spring (a young Luthien) - by Henning Janssen
Varnafindë is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 10:49 AM   #512
Midge
Faithful Gardener

Quote:
And I don't?

In other news, the Teacup Table Gazette has been investigating its own reporters and has found that two of them (whose names shall remain anonymous for present) were both former writers for pro-Charles Williams periodicals which promoted softer forms of anti-Tolkienism.

The Entmoot Government administration of Sasquatch and Nurvingiel is investigating the missing chocolate imports. They found two barrels worth of chocolate in Insidious Rex's garage, two bundles under Midge's sofa, three canisters in Coffeehouse's pantry, two and a half bars in Noble Elf Lord's car trunk, eight slabs in Varnafinde's desk drawer, eleven pillowcases-worth in Acalewia's bathroom, and seventy-five cases in hectorberlioz's freezer. None was found in connection to X Perry Mint as investigators are still trying to figure out who he or she is. None of the candidates have been charged because all of the chocolate found was legally pruchased at retailer stores. The missing chocolate, meanwhile, continues to be missed.
I thought you were falsely accusing me of something I didn't do! However, I'm glad you mentioned that. I just polished off my supply of chocolate this morning. I remember buying those bundles and stashing them! Now I don't have to pine for chocolate until I make it to the store and buy some more. I notice that Hector had BY FAR the MOST chocolate of any of us!
Psalm 56:11

"Starbuck, what do you hear?"
"Nothin' but the rain, sir!"
"Then grab your gun and bring in the cat."

Make sure to check out the C.S. Lewis forum. Game threads, movie and book discussions and more!

Midge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 02:27 PM   #513
Coffeehouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
Would it not be outlandish, amusing and ironic, should Hector claim the presidential title yet again?
The most telling gaffe of the entire campaign

Dear voters, Jonathon does a splendid job exposing the Cheney-administration looming behind the Acally-Hector ticket!

A vote for the Acally-Hector ticket is a vote for Hector's corrupt rule. We can forget our freedoms. We can forget the magic within us. We can forget about chocolate. The closest any of us will come to chocolate are the meager crumbs that fall off yesterday's Imperial Hectorian plate. If Inked the Mouthpiece hasn't converted it into EuroEnglish currency that is: "Diz iz chocolaatthalers meine kleine Mooters. Du may kall it dollarz. Du vil use it tu pay ze Royal Imperial Tax. Du vil pay"

Avoid this madness dear Mooters!

Vote Coffee, Insidious & Noble - Because it's Nice to be Free

Last edited by Coffeehouse : 05-05-2010 at 02:30 PM.
Old 05-05-2010, 04:05 PM   #514
Coffeehouse

The Entmoot Times has just unearthed a very information organizational chart which we would like to share with our readers:

Last edited by Coffeehouse : 05-05-2010 at 05:06 PM.
Old 05-05-2010, 04:51 PM   #515
hectorberlioz

And here we see Coffeehouse becomes desperate as he both tries sell his soul to Mephistopheles for power and youth, and also tries to project his own faults onto others . Why else the last minute desperate slandering of 'Mooters with good character?

Fancy poster-making abilities, though. I wonder where got the money to make them?

The Da CINDY Code
~
Old 05-05-2010, 05:01 PM   #516
Coffeehouse

Quote:
Fancy poster-making abilities, though.
Hey thanx

Just an ordinary, folksy and truthful organization chart that's all

Last edited by Coffeehouse : 05-05-2010 at 05:02 PM.
Old 05-05-2010, 09:52 PM   #517
inked
Elf Lord

De Kofehawz, he sayz, "If Inked the Mouthpiece hasn't converted it into EuroEnglish currency that is: "Diz iz chocolaatthalers meine kleine Mooters. Du may kall it dollarz. Du vil use it tu pay ze Royal Imperial Tax. Du vil pay"

Dat shud hav ben " Dis iz chokalatahalerz mein kleine 'Muterz. Du may kal it dolarz. Du vil us it to pay de Royal Imperial Tax. Du vil pay."

Kindly not dat vatevr de skilz at de postrs, de Kafehawz kan nicht de EuroEnglish vrite. Do du vant such ein Prezidant?

I dink not.

Du vant de Akaly und Hektor ruling party. Rely.

Inked de Mowdpes! Bah! Humbug! Inked de Korekt! Inked de Rit! Inked de next gaolr of de 'Mut!!!

Akaly und Hektor fur PRESIDANTZ FUR LIF!!!!!!!

(Und du vil notis if du vatch de postr twinkling abov dat in EuroEnglish, de C, I, &, N shud rely be speld S-I-N. Juz saying, du vant de S-I-N party to vin? Dat kud be very bad. Evn nawty.)
"And there is always the danger of allowing people to suppose that our modern times are so wholly unlike any other times that the fundamental facts about man's nature have wholly changed with changing circumstances." Dorothy L. Sayers, 1 Sept. 1941

Last edited by inked : 05-05-2010 at 09:57 PM. Reason: adendum
inked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 01:18 AM   #518
Jonathan
Entmoot Attorney-General,
Equilibrating the Scales of Justice, Administrator

Kom on Inked! Du kannst danz, ja? Let ze Muterz vatch uz danz de Akaly und Hektor Danz!

*dances*
An unwritten post is a delightful universe of infinite possibilities. Set down one word, however, and it immediately becomes earthbound. Set down one sentence and it’s halfway to being just like every other bloody entry that’s ever been written.
Jonathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 09:27 AM   #519
inked
Elf Lord

Ja! Ve kanst do de Acaly und Hektor VIKTORY DANZ!!!

De EntMut Cha-Cha/Vienez Valtz/FoxTrot/Rumba/Salsa/Hoky-Poky/Twist!!!

Eine kleine musak, Maestro!

"And there is always the danger of allowing people to suppose that our modern times are so wholly unlike any other times that the fundamental facts about man's nature have wholly changed with changing circumstances." Dorothy L. Sayers, 1 Sept. 1941
inked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 10:36 AM   #520
Midge
Faithful Gardener

So, Kafehaus... who are the puppets? Varna and I, and if so, who is puppeting us?

Or are Varna and I the puppetteers, and if so, who are our puppets?

If anyone should be called puppets, I would say it's Inked and Jonathan, who for some strange reason decided to support Hector despite all his past tyranny. That's merely speculation, but I suspect that your poster was speculation as well.
Psalm 56:11

"Starbuck, what do you hear?"
"Nothin' but the rain, sir!"
"Then grab your gun and bring in the cat."

Make sure to check out the C.S. Lewis forum. Game threads, movie and book discussions and more!

Midge is offline   Reply With Quote