Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 06-26-2008, 06:17 PM   #501
Nixie
Hobbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eärniel View Post
Hey guys, sorry I haven't been very active the last few days, life got in the way a little. Still got some catching up to do.
Ha, Nixie has been waiting for you!

~ Beauty From Your Pain
*Coming Soon
Old 06-26-2008, 11:21 PM   #502
Azrael
Elven Warrior

Location: in the one town with that weird name that i can;t seem to think of...*luaghes* but its a funny name!
Hey what do I have to do to join this RP? Do I write my own background story or do you make me one? Midge said you have too meny elvles and wants me to be human so yeah.

Do you trust me?

I can show you the world
-Aladdin-

If home is where the heart is, then my home is where you are!
-Relient K, I'm taking you with me-
Old 06-27-2008, 02:54 AM   #503
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixie View Post
Ha, Nixie has been waiting for you!
I'll get to that, I promise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azrael View Post
Hey what do I have to do to join this RP? Do I write my own background story or do you make me one? Midge said you have too meny elvles and wants me to be human so yeah.
For starters, you can look for a discussion thread instead of posting that sort of question directly in the game thread. I now have moved your post. In this thread we discuss things like plots and new people so we can keep the game-thread clean of off-topic conversation.

You can make your own character as long as it is a reasonable character to be in Middle-earth, meaning no strange half-breeds, or super-powered characters. True, we've got a lot of Elves, but it seems that is what most people tend to prefer to play. You can choose for yourself whether you want to be human, Elf, Hobbit, Dwarf or Ent (I don't think I've forgotten anything else), you don't have to go for human just because we've got a lot of Elves. It's your choice.

Why don't you give us a short description/background of the character you want to play and we'll see where you can enter the game. Have you read what we've written so far? I know the game is very, very long, but it might give you a good idea how we write.
Old 06-27-2008, 03:00 AM   #504
Willow Oran
Deus Ex Machina

More humans = Good. Bonus points if it's another Beorning or someone from Laketown/Dale.
Tough Guide To FantasyLand

...it's not much of a show if somebody doesn't suffer, and preferably at length. Suffering is beautiful in any case, and so is anguish; but as for loathing, and bitterness... I don't think they belong on the stage at all.

- Isabella, I Gelosi
Old 06-27-2008, 05:13 AM   #505
feawen
The Lady of Laughter

oh dale i always liked that part of the hobbit. can we go to dale please please please!
Old 06-27-2008, 11:12 AM   #506
Acalewia
Halfelven Daughter of the Dunedain, President of Entmoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willow Oran View Post
More humans = Good. Bonus points if it's another Beorning or someone from Laketown/Dale.
That would be cool.
Quote:
Originally Posted by feawen View Post
oh dale i always liked that part of the hobbit. can we go to dale please please please!
LOL

Don't meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

"Don't be such a sour wolf" Stiles ~ Heart Monitor

http://www.wattpad.com/user/IceQueenofMitera
Old 06-27-2008, 11:22 AM   #507
Nixie
Hobbit

hmm ya... humans would be nice... trust me I may even cook up another human character....

~ Beauty From Your Pain
*Coming Soon
Old 06-27-2008, 07:29 PM   #508
Ingwe
Elven Warrior

Ah, it feels good to be back for the few minutes of this day that I can be here. Time to read a bit! When was I last active? Probably been weeks, feels like it.
Old 06-28-2008, 12:42 AM   #509
Midge
Faithful Gardener

Can we pick up other characters who haven't posted in FOREVER??? Like.. Bob the hobbit, or that hermit guy, or... *shudders* Butterbur? Or the other characters that Beorning brought along? There are lots. we don't need to add more, do we? I'm not talking about Az. I'm saying, like... us.. if we wanted more un-elf action here.
Psalm 56:11

"Starbuck, what do you hear?"
"Nothin' but the rain, sir!"
"Then grab your gun and bring in the cat."

Make sure to check out the C.S. Lewis forum. Game threads, movie and book discussions and more!

Old 06-28-2008, 12:47 AM   #510
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

Sure, nothing is stopping you.

Azrael, by the by, we're outside of Dol Gulder and we're rather camping at the moment. We don't have any tables to speak of and I doubt our wigged out Avarin friends would just allow anyone to walk in on our camp.

but other than that, welcome to the game!
And though they are with you yet they belong not to you.
You may give them your love but not your thoughts,
For they have their own thoughts.
You may house their bodies but not their souls,
For their souls dwell in the house of tomorrow,
which you cannot visit, not even in your dreams.
Old 06-28-2008, 12:47 AM   #511
Midge
Faithful Gardener

And Az.. I think you may be in the COMPLETELY WRONG SETTING. Last I heard, we were all sitting around a campfire eating something food-like (and good-tasting) for breakfast. Not sure it's possible to "walk in" and there aren't really any tables just lying around. And the only thing wrong with your style was the question in parentheses!

Very Aragorn-in-the-Pony-like. I think you'd like a Ranger best. But a Ranger wouldn't be lost.. unless he was lying to be polite... or coy. Like he didn't want the group to know he was tracking them. Incidentally, do Rangers lie?

Make sure to check out the C.S. Lewis forum. Game threads, movie and book discussions and more!

Old 06-28-2008, 12:49 AM   #512
Midge
Faithful Gardener

Quote:
Originally Posted by The last sane person
Sure, nothing is stopping you.
Okay, then. I think I will overtake the RPing of Blossomshade. We need more active non-traditional players.

Last edited by Midge : 06-28-2008 at 12:51 AM.
Old 06-28-2008, 02:37 AM   #513
Willow Oran
Deus Ex Machina

Looks like our resident tree-herders are accounted for through the last few rp days... they were speaking entish, yes?
Tough Guide To FantasyLand

...it's not much of a show if somebody doesn't suffer, and preferably at length. Suffering is beautiful in any case, and so is anguish; but as for loathing, and bitterness... I don't think they belong on the stage at all.

- Isabella, I Gelosi
Old 06-28-2008, 03:11 AM   #514
Azrael
Elven Warrior

Location: in the one town with that weird name that i can;t seem to think of...*luaghes* but its a funny name!
ok i'll change it...and yeah he wasn't lost he was listening in for a while...ok re check it and tell me if this is better

Do you trust me?

I can show you the world
-Aladdin-

Old 06-28-2008, 03:13 AM   #515
Curufin
The Ñoldóran

Don't forget, Tabrîl and Abasi are keeping watch and aren't just going to let some random person come into the middle of camp...

~The Lay of Leithian
Old 06-28-2008, 03:20 AM   #516
Azrael
Elven Warrior

ok i changed it to where im far off in a camp. I'm at least trying you got to give me that lol.

Do you trust me?

I can show you the world
-Aladdin-

Old 06-28-2008, 04:16 AM   #517
Ingwe
Elven Warrior

Welcome aboard new folks!

I wish I could have returned earlier after this vacation had ended, but I lack motivation and I lack the ability to write anything remotely interesting at the moment. Some medical stuff let's say isn't going too well, and in the mental department, couldn't be more depressed and there's no explanation for it. I hope it ends soon...one way or another it will. Namarie, for now. I hope this is not set in stone. It appears that catching up will now be next to impossible. The only way I could make it work at least in my own way is to not do nothing. You know what they say, when you don't know what to do, do nothing. If you have a right turn, left turn, and straight ahead as choices, just keep going straight.
Old 06-28-2008, 05:42 AM   #518
feawen
The Lady of Laughter

unless you've watched the episode of dr who last week then you turn left, you always turn left!

i dont want to stick my nose in or anything Ingwe and just tell me to shut up if you like. But ive been to that depressing place and i know its not good. Find someone to talk to, someone out of your life, like a dr. It helps to talk or if not that write everything down just write the things that come into your head it may help you to find out why you feel like this.
Old 06-28-2008, 06:17 AM   #519
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Azrael, I first would like to see a description (race, brief history, what's he like personality wise, ect...) before you enter the actual game. (I thought I had asked, did I forget to? Head's a seeve lately...) I'd like to keep taps on how people enter and discuss with them beforehand how they best end up joining. Meeting with the group is one thing, and Dol Guldur is not exactly the best of random meeting points, and your character has to has a reason to join the quest. (People don't randomly walk up to unfamiliar people and immediately join them on months-long, possibly dangerous missions, now do they? Well, except in RPG's that is... )

If you want to keep your character description a secret for now, sent it to me by PM, please.

Also, have you read anything of what we have written before? Do you have an idea what this game is all about?

Midge, yes the non-active players can be played by others. In fact I suggested it a while ago. (There's a list of available characters somewhere...) Just as long as you keep them in character with how they behaved before, and in the (unlikely) event the original owner comes back, they get their character back. Although I am planning to leave some of them behind when we leave Dol Guldur because the group is becoming somewhat too large to manage. I still have to see which ones.

Gah, still haven't had time to catch up. I shall have to amend my notes because I'm leaving next Wednesday and I want to make sure I don't leave you lot hanging for an entire month without some directions to go in. I just have some trouble getting back into it.
Old 06-28-2008, 06:20 AM   #520
Mari
Elf Lady

Ingwe, short summary:
We were trying to find Nami in Dol Guldur. She found the Beorning (forgot his name ) and together they found the other group.
Quickleaf fell down into a cave in the water and hurt his eyes, thus he is now blind.
We all got out of Dol Guldur safely and we acquired a new member under ground: Aerin, an elf and Messenger of Lady Galadriel.
Then we slept and now we are slowly waking and starting our morning conversations.
In the morning a new elf came walking into the camp, Nixie.

So now there are people still sleeping, there is a small group talking near the fire consisting of Radaghast, Hedrim, Nixie and a little further away Quickleaf and Aerin.
A little further away Nami and Aelfwine sit.
Near the edge of camp Haldis, Tabril, Abasi and Ellysa are talking.

There, you can jump in again Sit down with Nami and Aelfwine or enquire after Quickleaf's health or go get something to eat or something like that.

*hugs*

EDIT: Earn, there's a list in the first post of the first page of this thread

...The Earth laughs in flowers ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson, "Hamatreya"...

Last edited by Mari : 06-28-2008 at 06:22 AM.
Closed Thread