Radagast The Brown
Elf Lord

Ok - I checked.

Araheil?
Old 01-31-2004, 01:46 PM   #502
Valandil
High King at Annuminas Administrator

Theoden

Yes, Aranarth and Arahael. Don't feel bad about looking up the second - not many would know him. I'm impressed you knew the first (this Appendix knowledge grows on ya, huh?).

Your turn!
Old 01-31-2004, 02:01 PM   #503
Radagast The Brown
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally posted by Valandil
Yes, Aranarth and Arahael. Don't feel bad about looking up the second - not many would know him. I'm impressed you knew the first (this Appendix knowledge grows on ya, huh?).

Your turn!
Thanks. I enjoy reading them in my free time.

What's the name of Wulf's father?
Old 01-31-2004, 04:32 PM   #504
Dúnedain
High King of Númenórë

Freca was Wulf's father...
'Et Eärello Endorenna utúlien. Sinome maruvan ar Hildinyar tenn' Ambar-metta!' - And those were the words that Elendil spoke when he came up out of the Sea on the wings of the wind: 'Out of the Great Sea to Middle-earth I am come. In this place will I abide, and my heirs, unto the ending of the world.'

'Then Tuor arrayed himself in the hauberk, and set the helm upon his head, and he girt himself with the sword; black were sheath and belt with clasps of silver. Thus armed he went forth from Turgon's hall, and stood upon the high terraces of Taras in the red light of the sun. None were there to see him, as he gazed westward, gleaming in silver and gold, and he knew not that in that hour he appeared as one of the Mighty of the West, and fit to be father of the kings of the Kings of Men beyond the Sea, as it was indeed his doom to be; but in the taking of those arms a change came upon Tuor son of Huor, and his heart grew great within him. And as he stepped down from the doors the swans did him reverence, and plucking each a great feather from their wings they proffered them to him, laying their long necks upon the stone before his feet; and he took the seven feathers and set them in the crest of his helm, and straightway the swans arose and flew north in the sunset, and Tuor saw them no more.' -Of Tuor and his Coming to Gondolin

"Oh. Forgive me, fairest of all males of Entmoot...Back down, all ye other wannabe fairest males! Dunedain is the fairest!"
--Linaewen
Old 01-31-2004, 04:33 PM   #505
Radagast The Brown
Elf Lord

Correct. (thought it was easy)
Old 01-31-2004, 05:08 PM   #506
Dúnedain
High King of Númenórë

What was Haudh in Gwanur?
'Et Eärello Endorenna utúlien. Sinome maruvan ar Hildinyar tenn' Ambar-metta!' - And those were the words that Elendil spoke when he came up out of the Sea on the wings of the wind: 'Out of the Great Sea to Middle-earth I am come. In this place will I abide, and my heirs, unto the ending of the world.'

'Then Tuor arrayed himself in the hauberk, and set the helm upon his head, and he girt himself with the sword; black were sheath and belt with clasps of silver. Thus armed he went forth from Turgon's hall, and stood upon the high terraces of Taras in the red light of the sun. None were there to see him, as he gazed westward, gleaming in silver and gold, and he knew not that in that hour he appeared as one of the Mighty of the West, and fit to be father of the kings of the Kings of Men beyond the Sea, as it was indeed his doom to be; but in the taking of those arms a change came upon Tuor son of Huor, and his heart grew great within him. And as he stepped down from the doors the swans did him reverence, and plucking each a great feather from their wings they proffered them to him, laying their long necks upon the stone before his feet; and he took the seven feathers and set them in the crest of his helm, and straightway the swans arose and flew north in the sunset, and Tuor saw them no more.' -Of Tuor and his Coming to Gondolin

"Oh. Forgive me, fairest of all males of Entmoot...Back down, all ye other wannabe fairest males! Dunedain is the fairest!"
--Linaewen
Old 01-31-2004, 06:30 PM   #507
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

The barrow of the lady?
Old 01-31-2004, 06:51 PM   #508
Dúnedain
High King of Númenórë

Nope

--Linaewen
Old 02-01-2004, 04:34 AM   #509
Valandil

Theoden

Quote:
Originally posted by Dúnedain
What was Haudh in Gwanur?
Well... ahem... it was vewy haudh to shovel the snow in Gwanur.

Old 02-01-2004, 07:36 AM   #510
Radagast The Brown
Elf Lord

the hill where the two sons of Folkwain (sp.) died?

(I asked a question about it)
Old 02-02-2004, 01:32 AM   #511
Dúnedain
High King of Númenórë

Quote:
Originally posted by Radagast The Brown
the hill where the two sons of Folkwain (sp.) died?
Yes

Here is the passage:

Quote:
When Ithilien was invaded in great strength, King Folcwine of Rohan fulfilled the Oath of Eorl and repaid his debt for the aid brought by Beregond, sending many men to Gondor. With their aid Túrin won a victory at the crossing of the Poros; but the sons of Folcwine both fell in the battle. The Riders buried them after their fashion of their people, and they were laid in one mound, for they were twin brothers. Long it stood, Haudh in Gwanur, high upon the shore of the river, and the enemies of Gondor feared to pass it.

--Linaewen
Old 02-02-2004, 07:35 AM   #512
Radagast The Brown
Elf Lord

How many days Nar didn't talk after he told Thrain about Thror's death?
Old 02-02-2004, 11:36 AM   #513
Valandil

Theoden

Quote:
Originally posted by Radagast The Brown
How many days Nar didn't talk after he told Thrain about Thror's death?
OK, I'll take a guess... 7 days?
Old 02-02-2004, 02:36 PM   #514
Radagast The Brown
Elf Lord

Yes.
Old 02-02-2004, 03:47 PM   #515
Valandil

Theoden

Which king of Gondor built the pillars of the Argonath at the entrance to Nen Hithoel?
Old 02-02-2004, 03:55 PM   #516
Twista
Orodruin's Flame

Rómendacil II

Visit the Ye Olde Avatar Shop and The New One

Dont tell me what I cannot do

Two men are on a Island, they both see a "monster", one sees a bright light, and the other sees a dark cloud

My name bares no reference to the music artist.
Old 02-02-2004, 04:02 PM   #517
Valandil

Theoden

Quote:
Originally posted by Twista
Rómendacil II
Very good! Your turn to ask.
Old 02-02-2004, 05:00 PM   #518
Twista
Orodruin's Flame

Who was Narmacil's heir? ( careful lol )

Visit the Ye Olde Avatar Shop and The New One

Dont tell me what I cannot do

Two men are on a Island, they both see a "monster", one sees a bright light, and the other sees a dark cloud

My name bares no reference to the music artist.
Old 02-02-2004, 05:11 PM   #519
Valandil

Theoden

Quote:
Originally posted by Twista
Who was Narmacil's heir? ( careful lol )
Calmecil?
Old 02-02-2004, 05:12 PM   #520
Radagast The Brown
Elf Lord

His brother? (Do you want the name? I don't know it)
Closed Thread